Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick

If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?  

547 members have voted

1. 1. If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?

@ Gee_Simpson - the only change i made is i start the game with first notch of att. mentality(which is 14 notches i think) regardless of the opp.

then during the game if he's finding enough space and looks to create goal chances i give him even more att. men. it seems to drive him more to break through and score..

and if i'm satisfied with the score or they keep it crowded in the middle or if they are playing with three def. at the back (which is rare) and i want the wings to att. more towrds the goal,then i lower his mentality to 9 notches(one notch to the left of normal).it seems to make him draw the def. onto him and distribute more,rather than being aggressive to the goal..

i never make him roam(i believe it takes away the set up of the tac.)he wanders more that way.doesn't look good.

never give him att. from deep.the change of mentality seems to do the job,imo.

and sometimes when the opp. are sitting in their penalty area,i go nuts with the pressure until i score..leads the weaker teams to mistakes sometimes..

i think that's about it..briliant tactic imo really..i just amuse myself with the little adjustments.i dot even know if i need them.lol..

seems to work though..

Thanks for the reply mate :thup:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked my squad's injury history. My entire first team squad has only suffered 3 injuries in training all season. We're in December so far.

t0t4j4.png

Is a picture of the over-all training arrows.

There hasn't been a lot of attribute changes so far, but those that have changed have changed in the right areas.

Also check out the SF Fraser Back Room Staff Thread. I did, and improved my backroom staff considerably.

After reading the whole thread, I think I'm gonna try this tactic. Anyway I have several question. First, I got confused because there are total 5 tactics in the op, I want to ask which one is the best for to start. The second, can xavi make more than 80 passes for each game with this tactic? Because in irl xavi often made 80 passes or more for each game. Thanks if someone can answer my question

atm in this thread there is like thousands of version of the tactic to download. whats the latest version? i downloaded the supposed v2 with the tweaked striker setting still the playermaker seems to be the MCL and not MCR.

and my team have major problem scoring, i hardly get any shots on goal vs weak teams away. it seems my team is just passing around teh ball on the middle :D

not getting this tactic to work at all with my team

hi,mate.i would still advice u to use either the standard or better yet the home and away tac. of real madrid 2007 or v1 of cragswfc and adj.the strikers according to ur liking,since the only "problem" (which i don't totally agree) seems to be the lack of scoring.but the striker settings change that a bit.

I see a lot of people asking the same ting: "Which tactic to use?". I just wanted to give my advice. You can use what ever version you want to but be aware that you'll need to change your tactic according to opponent. For example if you play CL or Premier league you can't play the same tactic in semi finals of CL and in every match of PL. So, what ever you choose you have to take good care od :

a) D-line

b) Temp

c) Time wasting

Ofcourse, this is only after you choosed a correct stting for mentality and creative freedom.

That is why I use franklin's thre versions (attack, standard and possesion).

You can find them somwhere on 2nd or 3rd tab.

Hope I helped someone

cheers

I see a lot of people asking the same ting: "Which tactic to use?". I just wanted to give my advice. You can use what ever version you want to but be aware that you'll need to change your tactic according to opponent. For example if you play CL or Premier league you can't play the same tactic in semi finals of CL and in every match of PL. So, what ever you choose you have to take good care od :

a) D-line

b) Temp

c) Time wasting

Ofcourse, this is only after you choosed a correct stting for mentality and creative freedom.

That is why I use franklin's thre versions (attack, standard and possesion).

You can find them somwhere on 2nd or 3rd tab.

Hope I helped someone

cheers

yeah.i would put my name under this thread,as well..read real madrid 2007's time wasting and tempo thread.that's the key to the tac.and d-line when u want to finish the game up,or push even further.(untick the offside tac. too if u get ur d-line to deep an u wanna finish the game)

This tactic is really great, it has Wilshere soaring in my game playing in Iniesta's role, and has a 7.99 Average three quarters of the way through the season (which is about about 1.0 more than I'd usually get out of anyone in the CM role) but has anyone actually steam rolled a team with the tactic yet? And if so, could you share your tweaks? I've tried a few things, but it seems to mess with the equilibrium of the team.

As Hull, with a weaker squad, I was playing amazing in the EPL, but with a stronger team like Arsenal, I found myself getting the same kind of results that I got with Hull while also having twice the amount of shots and CCCs. I don't blame the tactic though, as I think it's the MEs fault.

playing with barcelona goalscoring hasn't been a problem even Bojan is scoring goals for fun:

bojanstatsform.th.png

here's a few results has you can quite a few big wins...all this is with the Home_test tactic..no tweaks.....(sometimes I play with a higher tempo (14) away to the top teams like arsenal, athletico madrid, lyon etc has they will always press heavily throughout the game.)

fcbarcelonabarcelonafix.th.png

just started a new save with Man utd hope it has the same effect....

Hi, i've tried you striker instructions and it seems to be doing well.

Didn't last long unfortunately, he didn't score for a few games after.

But i've been tweaking the striker settings about a bit more and he's started banging the goals in!

unledaf.th.png

unledsp.th.png

unledo.th.png

He his a very good finisher (20) so not sure if it's because of my current settings or not, although he went 4 games without a goal before i tweaked his settings again.

He's got 2 hatricks since and he also scored 4 against Man Utd.

unledac.th.png

Barkermush i remember that you are planning to upload your skin, isn't it? I really love the layout!

Yeah i've sorted it into it's own folder, there's a couple of things i want to sort out before i upload it for others to use.

The Skin is far from perfect (the top buttons are flat 2-D ish), it's just something i threw together for myself... the colours/ layout that i much prefer. :thup:

But i've been tweaking the striker settings about a bit more and he's started banging the goals in!

unledaf.th.png

unledsp.th.png

unledo.th.png

He his a very good finisher (20) so not sure if it's because of my current settings or not, although he went 4 games without a goal before i tweaked his settings again.

unledac.th.png

barkermush u cant upload ur tactic with the tweaked settings for the striker?

U didn't use the Away tactic adonis? And if you play home against Real Madrid, also play with tempo (14),or only in away games?

no i didn't use the away version all season.

against home vs real i used the home tactic with 14 tempo and 9 time wasting. I went 1-0 up and few mins later Kaka got sent off. So then i slowed down the tempo to 3 and time wasting to 6, it was only the brilliance of Casillas that saved them from a thrashing, he had a rating of 9.5!! but i still won 2-0 easily in the end.

i am still trying different things throughtout the matches sometimes they work other times they don't.

barcelonavrmadridsplitv.th.png

but yeh try tempo of 14 at home against the good teams, works well for me...

no i didn't use the away version all season.

against home vs real i used the home tactic with 14 tempo and 9 time wasting. I went 1-0 up and few mins later Kaka got sent off. So then i slowed down the tempo to 3 and time wasting to 6, it was only the brilliance of Casillas that saved them from a thrashing, he had a rating of 9.5!! but i still won 2-0 easily in the end.

i am still trying different things throughtout the matches sometimes they work other times they don't.

barcelonavrmadridsplitv.th.png

but yeh try tempo of 14 at home against the good teams, works well for me...

I think the tactic is very good, I win almost all games but I think we can score more goals with this tactic, with so much possesion u can create more chanches than the tactic now does. But the question is how? I want to see more killerballs from Xavi and Iniesta, sometimes also I wanna see that from Messi and Pedro but you see that rarerly. Did you have any suggestions how to create more chances?

unledaf.th.png

unledsp.th.png

unledo.th.png

unledac.th.png

hi,Bakermush!what's the settings for the striker.can u tell?

barkermush u cant upload ur tactic with the tweaked settings for the striker?
hi,Bakermush!what's the settings for the striker.can u tell?

This is how i have him set up, like i said i don't know if it's the settings or because he's a great finisher.

But you can always try and see if it works for you too. :thup:

unledbw.th.png

what have you done for your skriker setting??

+ cant wait 4 your new look Galaxy/seven skin ;)

Yep, i'll be calling it perfecto skin. ;)

This is how i have him set up, like i said i don't know if it's the settings or because he's a great finisher.

unledbw.th.png

Were these changes made to the original, updated or your tweaked version?

I've actually had more luck starting the game with 20 tempo and 0 time wasting, then slowing the tempo down/increasing time wasting when leading.

Perhaps it doesn't keep with the philosophy of the original tactic, but it is still as aesthetically pleasing as before, and I am certainly scoring more than previously and as yet I've not noticed any change defensively. The only drawbacks, if you can call them that, is that my players are slightly more fatigued than usual and we're not as absolutely dominant in possession, though it still averages 55%-60%.

I'm not sure how successful it would be with an underdog team however, but my Bury side are walking all over League One.

After a couple of games with 0-0 and 1-0, I started a away game against Fulham with higher tempo and low time waisting and the result was suprising: 6-2 for me. Don't know if it was a coincidence or just that they had a bad defence, but it is the most goals i have scored with this tactic in one game.

unledbw.th.png

i just can't see the pic. it keeps giving me error.do u think the screenshot might nt be compatible wth my laptop?

it's annoying really :)

help please

unledbw.th.png

i just can't see the pic. it keeps giving me error.do u think the screenshot might nt be compatible wth my laptop?

it's annoying really :)

help please

Erm not sure, but i'll post how many clicks on the sliders etc when i get home later on. :thup:

I think the tactic is very good, I win almost all games but I think we can score more goals with this tactic, with so much possesion u can create more chanches than the tactic now does. But the question is how? I want to see more killerballs from Xavi and Iniesta, sometimes also I wanna see that from Messi and Pedro but you see that rarerly. Did you have any suggestions how to create more chances?

the key is good team morale and teamtalks....i wouldn't change any instructions of the tactic just in case it messes it up. But even in home games try increasing the tempo against weak teams sometimes it can be effective.

thanks a lot for that..really appreciate it...

Ok i added the numbered slider to my skin now.

unledfl.th.png

If you still can't see the image, it's :

• Attacking is 14 click's from the right
    Creative freedom is 15 click's from the right
    Passing is 0 click's from the right (i.e totally to the left)
    Closing down is 15 click's from the right
    Tackling is set to easy
    run from deep sometimes
    run with ball sometimes
    long shots rarely
    through balls rarely
    cross ball rarely
    cross from and cross aim both mixed
    wide play normal
    swap posisition none
    marking: zonal, tight marking: no
    Roam from posistion and hold up ball both unticked

atm im not getting any tactic what so ever to work with my team, think they are just fed up with winning:P this is my fifth season and the motivation just isnt there. i got 1 win from the last 5 games, hardly gets any shots on the goal. and i got players like paulo henrique barrios marko marin that have done loads of goals for me the other seasons.

Ok i added the numbered slider to my skin now.

unledfl.th.png

If you still can't see the image, it's :

• Attacking is 14 click's from the right
    Creative freedom is 15 click's from the right
    Passing is 0 click's from the right (i.e totally to the left)
    Closing down is 15 click's from the right
    Tackling is set to easy
    run from deep sometimes
    run with ball sometimes
    long shots rarely
    through balls rarely
    cross ball rarely
    cross from and cross aim both mixed
    wide play normal
    swap posisition none
    marking: zonal, tight marking: no
    Roam from posistion and hold up ball both unticked

thanx a lot mate.i took ur your time.it's appreciated.let's see what i'm gonna do with my new team.man. city ;)

can you, Barkermush, just put here the actual tactics you are using instead of writing comment or it is something private?

Thanks

P.S. I made a 4-3-1-2 tactic and the results are really impressive. Will put it here if it shows good during entire seasson.

see you

thanx a lot mate.i took ur your time.it's appreciated.let's see what i'm gonna do with my new team.man. city ;)

Your welcome. :thup:

Barkermush what part time training you use when you was in non league???

Erm i was using my own for part time training when i was at Northwich, just some simple general ones for each position. When i joined Bradford they were professional and i was using a full time training schedule i downloaded ages ago but i've since changed. :)

can you, Barkermush, just put here the actual tactics you are using instead of writing comment or it is something private?

Thanks

P.S. I made a 4-3-1-2 tactic and the results are really impressive. Will put it here if it shows good during entire seasson.

see you

I've already uploaded it to this thread. :thup:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/259190-Total-Football-Tic-Tac-Magick?p=6649110&viewfull=1#post6649110

Erm i was using my own for part time training when i was at Northwich, just some simple general ones for each position. When i joined Bradford they were professional and i was using a full time training schedule i downloaded ages ago but i've since changed. :)

ok nice 1,appreciated

I've tried to downloade some tactics here on this thread, but they all seem to be for the old version of FM, like FM 2008 (or 2009) with arrows on the formation and without different player roles. Why is that? Are you not playing FM 2011?

I've tried to downloade some tactics here on this thread, but they all seem to be for the old version of FM, like FM 2008 (or 2009) with arrows on the formation and without different player roles. Why is that? Are you not playing FM 2011?

there r two options in fm now,mate.

the new and the classic vrsion.

some tac. creator feel better with the classic vers. so that's what they build their tac. with.

i actually would prefer the new version.but a tactic this sweet i don2t care anymore :)

Ahh! :) But if like the new version,, can you then convert/transform the old versions tactic to the new version? Or are there any of the tactics on this thread made in the new tactical version? If you don't no the answers thats okay, I then hope someone else knows it :)

Great tactic thread!

I am wondering about the set-pieces (attacking and defending). I saw franklin and others making remarks about the settings of the set-pieces. Real madrid did you edited the set-pieces on your Home and Away tactics or are they still the same as the Standard tactic?

Franklin i did not download your tweaked version. Can you explain what you dind't like in the settings of the the set pieces --> and what did you change?

David Bowie, why is it that you on several of the different training roles (AMC Passing, Winger, Slow Strike) don't have any Aerobic training? I have changed it because you need to have some aerobic training.

Archived