Question to SI games

I waited for some 6 months since buying the game for the 11.3 patch and when it finally came out, I thought, 'finally a completed game which I can start and enjoy for some time.' I started a new game with Colchester United and at first everything seemed fine and I was really impressed with the new patch. Match engine was fine, a few problems here and there, maybe defenders scored too much but nothing major. Then my game started going downhill. I looked at stats for goals from corners and IFK's and the difference in full detail leagues and low detail leagues was huge (bug posted in bugs forum). I thought this was bad but does'nt effect the game in a major way, so I played on.

I then looked at the stats for referee's and in the premier league Howard Webb had referee'd 4 premier league games in his last 10 and over 15 games in the season as 30 games had been played, but when I looked at the premier league ref stats table, it was all wrong as it said that he had only referee'd 1 game and it was the same for all other referee's. Again though this is not game breaking but just annoying.

I then played one of my fringe players in a couple of games as he was doing well for the reserves and deserved a call up (Ben Coker - Colchester United). I looked at his stats afterwards and nothing appeared in the stats screen at the bottom. (known issue) this is a fairly major bug as I like to know who has played games and how they are doing and everything as its a big part of enjoying the game. Its a well known issue for Suarez and various other players, perhaps for all players who were moved in the January transfer window update.

Finally the major bug which caused me to not want to play anymore, the TV games issue. Its really a game spoiler because there is now no order to what games are televised. Some weeks every game in premier league is televised and then none for the next week etc. Fixtures are moved so you get 5 games played at 1.45pm on a sunday and 5 games at 4pm on a sunday all in the same week all televised. Its a hugely unrealistic bug in the game and its just totally ruined my gaming experience. I have even tried unticking move matches for TV, but the same errors occur, with totally random matches televised. Its not just for the premier league but all English leagues have been affected as in my league (league 1), one week all games are late kick offs and televised for no reason and then the next some are televised and the next week half are televised. Its a bug which has just come in with the new patch and its a really horrible one which has caused me and perhaps many others to not want to play the game.

I really want to play the game and enjoy it and like I said the first couple of bugs are not game breaking or make the game too unrealistic. But the player stats issue and particularly the televised game issue have ruined my experience. My question or plea to you guys at SI, is....... please, please, can you bring out a hotfix, to rectify these problems. I dont want to have to wait until FM12 to be able to enjoy a game. This new patch has brought about these issues and a small hotfix would sort them out. I'm sure the TV issue in particular is'nt too hard a one to fix and it will improve my game tenfold. I mean surely such a problem would annoy one of you guys if you were doing a premier league season and all the televised games were messed up and matches were all played on random and unrealistic dates.

Once again.......there will be no hotfix. No matter how many threads you create or how much you moan. Its already been stated that the propblems are being worked on for FM12. FM12 is about 7/8 months away from release. Do you want them to waste another month doing a hotfix for a purely cosmetic issue or concentrate on FM12.

AFAIK, the missing stats issue fixes itself after the first season. Also the TV thing is cosmetic. You still get your TV money, why does it matter which games have TV next to them. It makes no difference whatsoever.

Once again.......there will be no hotfix. No matter how many threads you create or how much you moan. Its already been stated that the propblems are being worked on for FM12. FM12 is about 7/8 months away from release. Do you want them to waste another month doing a hotfix for a purely cosmetic issue or concentrate on FM12.

AFAIK, the missing stats issue fixes itself after the first season. Also the TV thing is cosmetic. You still get your TV money, why does it matter which games have TV next to them. It makes no difference whatsoever.

for every premier league game that is televised you receive 500k. Some teams are being selected televised every week for no reason. eg in the new patch, fulham will get 30 games televised. Man utd will get 10 games televised (due to it being random). this messes up the whole financial side of the game. How can you honestly say you can play an enjoyable game with this sort of problem.

I agree and yet you will be told by the moderators that these are just cosmetic issues not game breaking. There is a certain arrogance from SI that they assume that people will buy FM12 so they will fix these issues by then, this is not acceptable and in any other industry they would be bought to task over this.

If a member of my staff submitted a report that had data missing and only gave half the picture I would ensure that they no longer worked in my department, and yet this lazy attitude from SI seems to be okay and is brushed aside with just wait until FM2012. This issues should have been noticed by the game testers straight away because you cannot possibly miss them and yet they are ignored.

up to 50% of customers buy the game and dont start until the .3 patch. I am one of those and it will be the same next year. But there is no way that we should have to wait a whole year until 12.3 just to enjoy a game. I mean come on SI, spend a day fixing these two issues and make a lot of people happy.

for every premier league game that is televised you receive 500k. Some teams are being selected televised every week for no reason. eg in the new patch, fulham will get 30 games televised. Man utd will get 10 games televised (due to it being random). this messes up the whole financial side of the game. How can you honestly say you can play an enjoyable game with this sort of problem.

its actually cosmetic, you still get all the right TV money, the issue is that its not showing all the games with TV next to them, and seems to resolve itself after first season. 9.3.1 got a hptfix, becuase the game was practically broken. this doesnt mess up the financial side at all

I waited for some 6 months since buying the game for the 11.3 patch and when it finally came out, I thought, 'finally a completed game which I can start and enjoy for some time.' I started a new game with Colchester United and at first everything seemed fine and I was really impressed with the new patch. Match engine was fine, a few problems here and there, maybe defenders scored too much but nothing major. Then my game started going downhill. I looked at stats for goals from corners and IFK's and the difference in full detail leagues and low detail leagues was huge (bug posted in bugs forum). I thought this was bad but does'nt effect the game in a major way, so I played on.

I then looked at the stats for referee's and in the premier league Howard Webb had referee'd 4 premier league games in his last 10 and over 15 games in the season as 30 games had been played, but when I looked at the premier league ref stats table, it was all wrong as it said that he had only referee'd 1 game and it was the same for all other referee's. Again though this is not game breaking but just annoying.

I then played one of my fringe players in a couple of games as he was doing well for the reserves and deserved a call up (Ben Coker - Colchester United). I looked at his stats afterwards and nothing appeared in the stats screen at the bottom. (known issue) this is a fairly major bug as I like to know who has played games and how they are doing and everything as its a big part of enjoying the game. Its a well known issue for Suarez and various other players, perhaps for all players who were moved in the January transfer window update.

Finally the major bug which caused me to not want to play anymore, the TV games issue. Its really a game spoiler because there is now no order to what games are televised. Some weeks every game in premier league is televised and then none for the next week etc. Fixtures are moved so you get 5 games played at 1.45pm on a sunday and 5 games at 4pm on a sunday all in the same week all televised. Its a hugely unrealistic bug in the game and its just totally ruined my gaming experience. I have even tried unticking move matches for TV, but the same errors occur, with totally random matches televised. Its not just for the premier league but all English leagues have been affected as in my league (league 1), one week all games are late kick offs and televised for no reason and then the next some are televised and the next week half are televised. Its a bug which has just come in with the new patch and its a really horrible one which has caused me and perhaps many others to not want to play the game.

I really want to play the game and enjoy it and like I said the first couple of bugs are not game breaking or make the game too unrealistic. But the player stats issue and particularly the televised game issue have ruined my experience. My question or plea to you guys at SI, is....... please, please, can you bring out a hotfix, to rectify these problems. I dont want to have to wait until FM12 to be able to enjoy a game. This new patch has brought about these issues and a small hotfix would sort them out. I'm sure the TV issue in particular is'nt too hard a one to fix and it will improve my game tenfold. I mean surely such a problem would annoy one of you guys if you were doing a premier league season and all the televised games were messed up and matches were all played on random and unrealistic dates.

why it is game breaking

for every premier league game that is televised you receive 500k. Some teams are being selected televised every week for no reason. eg in the new patch, fulham will get 30 games televised. Man utd will get 10 games televised (due to it being random). this messes up the whole financial side of the game.

No offence, but if you stop playing FM because of these "so call" bugs... i must say you dont like the game very much do you?

So the referees only appear in one game, or the tv games issues is broken... do you really believe that those issues are game breaking in terms of you stop playing the game?

There were some big bug in the game, like the transfers system bug, that were game breaking. This issues are "comestic" at most.

Are really tell me that, once you realise that the games werent move because of TV, you stop playing the game?

No offence, but if you stop playing FM because of these "so call" bugs... i must say you dont like the game very much do you?

So the referees only appear in one game, or the tv games issues is broken... do you really believe that those issues are game breaking in terms of you stop playing the game?

There were some big bug in the game, like the transfers system bug, that were game breaking. This issues are "comestic" at most.

Are really tell me that, once you realise that the games werent move because of TV, you stop playing the game?

Its not just cosmetic, each team who has an added televised game gets a bonus.

Its hugely unrealistic and it does'nt stop in the second season it carries on. You get 4-5 weeks without any game being televised, then the next week all the games are televised.

its like one week

Sunderland v Liverpool, 15:00

Chelsea v Man City, 15:00

Tottenham v West Ham, 15:00

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton, 15:00

Blackburn v Blackpool, 15:00

Man Utd v Bolton, 15:00

Stoke v Newcastle, 15:00

West Brom v Arsenal, 15:00

Wigan v Birmingham, 15:00

Everton v Fulham 15:00

next week

TV West Ham v Man Utd, 12:45

TV Birmingham v Bolton, 12:45

TV Everton v Aston Villa, 12:45

TV Newcastle v Wolverhampton, 12:45

TV Stoke v Chelsea, 17:30

TV West Brom v Liverpool, 17:30

TV Wigan v Tottenham, 17:30

TV Arsenal v Blackburn, 17:30

then it will go about 4-5 weeks without a televised game and then the next two weeks will have nearly all games televised.

If it does'nt bother you then good for you, but I think it looks ridiculous and it ruins the game for me and I'm sure it would for others.

It also happens in lower leagues and by this happening its giving some teams an unfair advantage.

Here is Barrow who have had multiple games televised

barrow.png

and here is Kidderminster, who have had no games televised.

kidderminsterk.png

A new feature implemented into the game allows for money to be given to a team each time a game is televised. So lets say its 200k per televised game per team. Barrow have had 6 games televised. So with this bug they have gained an advantage of 1.2million on Kidderminster which is a huge amount in the conference. How can you call this just cosmetic?????

A new feature implemented into the game allows for money to be given to a team each time a game is televised. So lets say its 200k per televised game per team. Barrow have had 6 games televised. So with this bug they have gained an advantage of 1.2million on Kidderminster which is a huge amount in the conference. How can you call this just cosmetic?????

Have you actually got any evidence that the teams that are allocated TV games get any extra money or is this just the way you think it works.

The general impression seems to be that the TV money is the same and games listed as being on TV are just a cosmetic addition.

Personally I can't say I've noticed any extra money for TV matches other than playoffs/cups etc but will take more notice in my next couple of sessions.

Have you actually got any evidence that the teams that are allocated TV games get any extra money or is this just the way you think it works.

i'm now going to find out, Ill test a month where bolton have not had a tv game and a month where they have had 2. Someone on another thread said that teams are allocated extra money for chosen tv games, so hopefully this should work it out

IT IS JUST COSMETIC.

The TV Money is still allocated even though the letters TV do not appear next to the game in the fixture list.

How do you get through the day if very small issues like this annoy you this much!?

It also happens in lower leagues and by this happening its giving some teams an unfair advantage.

Here is Barrow who have had multiple games televised

barrow.png

and here is Kidderminster, who have had no games televised.

kidderminsterk.png

can you please post up some screen shots of their finances that would back this up? Just make an extra save and take over both clubs and give us a screen shot of both clubs finances and incomes for the season.

Ok, so this should prove that it definaltey makes a difference in finances. Although a smaller scale in this league. In the premier league it is 500k per televised game as i will prove in my bolton save. So i'm sure you will agree now that this is not cosmetic.

kidb.png

bary.png

up to 50% of customers buy the game and dont start until the .3 patch. I am one of those and it will be the same next year. But there is no way that we should have to wait a whole year until 12.3 just to enjoy a game. I mean come on SI, spend a day fixing these two issues and make a lot of people happy.

You know, 24.7% of stats are made up on the spot.

Ok, so this should prove that it definaltey makes a difference in finances. Although a smaller scale in this league. In the premier league it is 500k per televised game as i will prove in my bolton save. So i'm sure you will agree now that this is not cosmetic.

Thats much better and illustrates your issue fairly well.

How much difference does it make on a premiership level?

Aside from raising the issue so SI are aware of it I doubt you'll get the fix you want.

Here is why its gamebreaking. two teams on fairly even reputation. everton and bolton. the bug means that everton have 11 televised games, to boltons 5. each televised game is 500,000 profit. everton make £5.500,000. Bolton make £2.500,000

bolton.png

evertonv.png

All the 'This isn't an issue' crowd have gone strangely quiet. Think you might have flummoxed them with this one sperlz.

Well Sperlz still needs to post up the finances of both Bolton & Everton so we can see how much of an issue it is so people are hardly flummoxed.

But really comments such as yours above help no-one and add nothing to a discussion other than trying to drive a wedge between the two sides which invariably leads to arguments and a closed thread.

All the 'This isn't an issue' crowd have gone strangely quiet. Think you might have flummoxed them with this one sperlz.
I think this counts as constructive and is not negative so please no fan boys shouting him down

Why does this need to be an us v them thing? Why do people still use the words fanboy?

This issue is a potentially massive, maybe even game breaking issue. I for one have been assured it doesn't affect finances. However it may appear I've been misled. If sperlz is right, then it means that no team outside of ManU, Chelsea, arsenal or City will ever be able to compete for an extended period in the EPL. That would break it for me.

So if the haters and lovers could all stay quiet for a while and resist digging at each other this thread might stay open long enough for sperlz to post the evidence and then we can all decide how we're individually going to deal with the issues this will raise.

Do you think we can do that? You know just to get to the bottom of things?

Here is why its gamebreaking. two teams on fairly even reputation. everton and bolton. the bug means that everton have 11 televised games, to boltons 5. each televised game is 500,000 profit. everton make £5.500,000. Bolton make £2.500,000

Everton has 7050 reputation, Bolton has 6100 - I would hardly call that fairly even.

Check Fulham and West Ham they have the same reputation

Everton has 7050 reputation, Bolton has 6100 - I would hardly call that fairly even.

Check Fulham and West Ham they have the same reputation

check kidderminster they have a slightly higher reputation than barrow.

Everton aren't getting more games because they have a higher reputation its due to a problem with tv scheduling. Not saying its a major issue but it certainly is one.

Well Sperlz still needs to post up the finances of both Bolton & Everton so we can see how much of an issue it is so people are hardly flummoxed.
And then he'll need to post some other 'evidence' and when he does I'm sure someone will find another hoop for him to jump through.

I'm not trying to start an argument, I've seen many threads like this and the OP will never convince the detractors there is anything wrong. My post was an attempt at levity if you think that adds nothing, fine but I was addressing sperlz who hasn't expressed any objection and this is his thread you're in.

EDIT: I would also like to echo the words of edger555. In all seriousness this could be a gamebreaking issue.

And then he'll need to post some other 'evidence' and when he does I'm sure someone will find another hoop for him to jump through.

I'm not trying to start an argument, I've seen many threads like this and the OP will never convince the detractors there is anything wrong. My post was an attempt at levity if you think that adds nothing, fine but I was addressing sperlz who hasn't expressed any objection and this is his thread you're in.

As if anyone needs to ask permission of the thread starter to come into a thread and post.

Your 'levity' could also be taken in the context of a 'ner, ner, ner, ner' kinda taunt.

As many threads end up with some kind of agreement as those that don't, or at least they used to but its fairly clear GD is now very clearly divided into 2 main camps of lovers and haters. Which is not good for either side or for anyone who actually you know wants to have, I don't know, a General Discussion about FM.

As my post stated if we can just get to see these finances, and keep this thread civil then hopefully we can then address this effectively with SI. As I say it would break the game for me if TV money was mashed in the EPL. I'd play other leagues probably but wouldn't be able to play with my beloved Spurs.

So come on sperlz lets see the finance screens and either get me FM'ing or get me writing angry emails!

EDIT: I appreciate your edit :thup:

Why does this need to be an us v them thing? Why do people still use the words fanboy?

This issue is a potentially massive, maybe even game breaking issue. I for one have been assured it doesn't affect finances. However it may appear I've been misled. If sperlz is right, then it means that no team outside of ManU, Chelsea, arsenal or City will ever be able to compete for an extended period in the EPL. That would break it for me.

So if the haters and lovers could all stay quiet for a while and resist digging at each other this thread might stay open long enough for sperlz to post the evidence and then we can all decide how we're individually going to deal with the issues this will raise.

Do you think we can do that? You know just to get to the bottom of things?

Just thought OP needed support, read through the thread again, guilty until proven innocent is the mentality, don't speak bad about our FM. Remember its MARCH not november.

I'm sure sperlz appreciates your support but he seems pretty capable of sticking up for himself.

The us v them thing is very unhelpful, particularly if you are like me and don't want to engage in a battle over this. I just want to know if the freaking finances are broken!

That could potentially happen.

But really to fully document his issue we are short of a couple of screenshots to back up the issue he has raised.

The Barrow/Kidderminster screenshots show the fixtures/financial records which seem to prove the problem exists (at least in the lower leagues) but we can't see how much of a problem it is in the Premiership without seeing the same data. He has posted the fixtures up, he just needs to add the financial page again so we can see the effect. It could be a fairly small/minor affect or it could be much larger but we don't know until we see the financial screenshot.

As if anyone needs to ask permission of the thread starter to come into a thread and post.
I think you misread my post
Your 'levity' could also be taken in the context of a 'ner, ner, ner, ner' kinda taunt.
I actually find this quite offensive considering you, me and sperlz are all in agreement. Maybe there was no need for a joke in this thread but there is certainly no need for accusations of taunting, especially as that was absolutely not what I was doing.

Never mind, I accept your forthcoming apology, lets move on.

Sorry for hijacking you're thread spearlz, carry on.

I'm sure sperlz appreciates your support but he seems pretty capable of sticking up for himself.

The us v them thing is very unhelpful, particularly if you are like me and don't want to engage in a battle over this. I just want to know if the freaking finances are broken!

Ive never understood that stance from people, especially since we all want the same thing, the best game possible.

I think you misread my post

I actually find this quite offensive considering you, me and sperlz are all in agreement. Maybe there was no need for a joke in this thread but there is certainly no need for accusations of taunting, especially as that was absolutely not what I was doing.

Never mind, I accept your forthcoming apology, lets move on.

Sorry for hijacking you're thread spearlz, carry on.

I apologise if you have misunderstood the tone of my post.

I was merely making some observations, unfortunately as we all know tone and context are often needed and severely lacking on t'internet.

But anyway I was not making an attempt to insult or offend so I apologise if it came across that way. Anyone who knows me will tell you that if I was attempting to insult or offend I would be blatant about doing so.

And whether you or I agree or disagree isn't the issue. The issue, is can we please find out if EPL finances are broken. Please carry on sperlz.

ive holidayed until october the 1st first season, 11.3 and think i have reproduced what sperlz said earlier-

blackpool 2 games on tv - 4 mil tv revenue.

west brom 1 game on tv - 3.5 mil tv revenue.

stoke no games on tv - 3 mil revenue.

quite worrying... can post screens if anyone wants

Ok I cant post a screenie as I dont know how to, but I just took over Man Utd and Arsenal and I am currently in mid-March. Man Utd have played 21 TV games and have received £39.5 million(ish) in TV money, Arsenal have played 16 TV games and have received £37 million(ish). Im sure I dont have to tell you the maths of that deficit.

I'm very disappointed in SI. Whoever said it doesn't effect finances was either misinformed or lying! And it IS a game breaker as far as I am concerned. What a shame

Ok I cant post a screenie as I dont know how to, but I just took over Man Utd and Arsenal and I am currently in mid-March. Man Utd have played 21 TV games and have received £39.5 million(ish) in TV money, Arsenal have played 16 TV games and have received £37 million(ish). Im sure I dont have to tell you the maths of that deficit.

I'm very disappointed in SI. Whoever said it doesn't effect finances was either misinformed or lying! And it IS a game breaker as far as I am concerned. What a shame

If its balanced out by the end of season then its not an issue. Can't make a judgment in mid March mate.

sperlz is looking for a game breaker for months already, but he does not proof anything, just guessing like in this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/257571-A-big-issue-which-has-been-ignored-before-and-is-still-in-11.3

My advise is to double test anything he is posting here, as I don't think that we really can trust about his "observations". ;)

8 games in Prem left. Man Utd have 4 TV games scheduled, Arsenal have 3, so unless Arsenal receive a lump sum at the end of the season they cant catch up...

EDIT: JGM got there before me lol. This is very distressing if no hot fix is to be forthcoming

end of my season (approx revenue income)

blackpool 14 televised games 42.3 m

west brom 12 televised games 41.3m

stoke 8 games televised games 39.3m

poor stoke lol, they were on tv an additional 3 times but all in the league cup sadly which seems to not to pay much.

Archived