[FM11] The Damned Biggleswade Town

uncle ron

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many goals does Moxam have this season?

League - 30 apps / 18 goals

Cups - 6 apps / 3 goals

Not an extraordinary goal scoring record, but his goals just come at important times.

2011/2012 - April / May - Biggleswade Town - Ryman League Division One South

It did turn out to be a very tense end to the season...

Our winless run was extended to 6 games, including a crushing 4-1 defeat at Fleet. Afterwards we'd dropped to 2nd and a point behind leaders Leatherhead.

It was in our hands, then all of a sudden it wasn't...

I'm not sure how but we managed to win the last 2 games 3-1 then 3-0.

Both Leatherhead and Faversham stumbled and our promotion was secured thanks to Moxam! CHAMPIONS!! :applause:

By the end of June...finally the takeover of the club has completed. Local businessman Andy Marshall has paid a whopping £85,000 for the club, however he doesn't see fit to provide the club with any investment at this stage :(

20125fixtures.png

20125table.png

Congratulations with the league "title" :thup:

Always exciting when it goes down to the wire like that, whether it's about grabbing a playoff spot, surviving by the scruff of your neck, or winning the 'title'. Great job. Good luck in the Premier.

Well done on winning the league

Thanks...you'll be pleased to know Luton Town won the Bedfordshire Challenge Cup for the second season in a row.

Congratulations with the league "title" :thup:

Always exciting when it goes down to the wire like that, whether it's about grabbing a playoff spot, surviving by the scruff of your neck, or winning the 'title'. Great job. Good luck in the Premier.

After going so far ahead in the league at the end of March I thought that the league might have been for the taking much earlier, so I'm a little disappointed it went down to the wire.

Nice one Ronnie nice one son.

Cheers Dad... ;)

Fantastic Season Ron, Staggering GD you got there. Led the League in goals scored and had the best defense. Well done! :)

Big improvement to better last seasons 53 goals, 81 in the league was amazing and thanks to a few tactical changes. I'm interested to see whether I'll have to make many tactical changes to be more defensive in the Premier League.

Big improvement to better last seasons 53 goals, 81 in the league was amazing and thanks to a few tactical changes. I'm interested to see whether I'll have to make many tactical changes to be more defensive in the Premier League.

I'd say the chance of that is pretty high ;)

Great season, and as Pangaea has already stated it's always a huge relief when you achieved something on the final day of the season.

£85k does seem a fair bit of money to buy the club for, there's several clubs higher up the league structure that would have probably cost less.

2012/2013 Preview - Biggleswade Town - Ryman League Premier Division

We've been sorted into the Ryman League Premier Division which is fair enough, so I can look forward to games against Cambridge City, Canvey Island, Grays, Kingstonian, Maidstone and Margate.

My contract was up at the end of the season and I expected it to be renewed swiftly given the success, however I had to wait until the end of July to sign a new contract until June 2013.

Expectations: Safe mid-table finish

Odds: 3-1 (3rd favourites!)

Media Prediction: 14th

Transfer budget: £0

Wage budget: £2,111 p/w (currently spending £2,034 p/w)

Chairman status: Happy to stay at club

Estimated value: £190K (loan debt £20k)

Season ticket holders: 38

Average ticket price: £9.50

Average season ticket price: £121

New signings:

With a massive increase in the budget to £2,111 p/w I finally secured the services of a scout and set about to completely rebuild the team...a young team with good potential.

Jude Stirling (DRC / DL) - 30yo released from MK Dons was an obvious choice to fill our problem right back position.

Callum McNaughton DC - 20yo released by West Ham

Craig Harris MC / MRL - 19 yo released by Bournemouth easily in to fill a MC slot

Craig Read DC - 21yo joins permanently after his 2 previous successful loan spells from Bishops Stortford, hopefully he can make the step up in grade.

Dereece Gardner SC - 18yo released by Watford and hopefully our first choice forward

Elikum Amenku AMC - 18yo released by West Brom and a great prospect for the future

Reice Charles-Cook GK - 18yo released by Arsenal signed as new 1st choice keeper

Jordan Sinnott DMC - 18yo released by Huddersfield and another young first teamer

Tyler Blackett DLC - 18yo released by Manchester United and new 1st choice left back

Once I play a game or two I'll work out the average team age as it could be a low as 20!

I'm absolutely shell shocked and angry! :mad:

Having assembled a great team full of potential and within the wage budget, we showed our promise with a 4-1 hammering of Leyton in the opening league game.

A few days later on Bank Holiday Monday we travelled to Lowestoft and should've secured at least a point, but lost against 10 men Lowestoft 1-0. Disappointing yes...but hardly the end of the world.

So why 2 days later do I receive this news?....

20128sacking.png

There's been no inkling that I have been in any danger of losing my job.

Yes...the new chairman took over at the end of the season but he's willing to give me the sack after 2 league games...MADNESS!

So my Biggleswade journey is over, I'm heading back to the job centre....

Wow, that's harsh! I don't think I've ever seen a sacking 2 games into the season after getting promotion the season before. No doubt they'll go on and win the league now and totally rub salt in the wound!

Hope you find a new club that isn't being run by a total arse :) I can imagine you're more than peeved at the moment!

Wow, that's harsh! I don't think I've ever seen a sacking 2 games into the season after getting promotion the season before. No doubt they'll go on and win the league now and totally rub salt in the wound!

Hope you find a new club that isn't being run by a total arse :) I can imagine you're more than peeved at the moment!

They have appointed the former manager of Mossley who has been out of work for over 12 months after finishing 23rd in the Evo-Stik First Division North and getting Mossley relegated... :lol::applause:

I'm absolutely shell shocked and angry! :mad:

Having assembled a great team full of potential and within the wage budget, we showed our promise with a 4-1 hammering of Leyton in the opening league game.

A few days later on Bank Holiday Monday we travelled to Lowestoft and should've secured at least a point, but lost against 10 men Lowestoft 1-0. Disappointing yes...but hardly the end of the world.

So why 2 days later do I receive this news?....

20128sacking.png

There's been no inkling that I have been in any danger of losing my job.

Yes...the new chairman took over at the end of the season but he's willing to give me the sack after 2 league games...MADNESS!

So my Biggleswade journey is over, I'm heading back to the job centre....

Sorry about that, this game needs a rage feature, where after you get sacked, you can type how angry you are with the chairman and how much you hate him, oh and a dartboard with his face on it would be nice too, I know how many times I'd like to smash my chairman in the face. :D

I had something similar happen to me in my journeyman save. Prior to the takeover I got told the new chairman would want to install his own man, but after the takeover he told me he'd think about it and get back to me. Took a couple of weeks for him to finally decide to sack me.

Sorry about that, this game needs a rage feature, where after you get sacked, you can type how angry you are with the chairman and how much you hate him, oh and a dartboard with his face on it would be nice too, I know how many times I'd like to smash my chairman in the face. :D

To be honest I don't have a problem with this game 'feature', the thing that really angers me is the lack of any reason why I've been sacked...

I had something similar happen to me in my journeyman save. Prior to the takeover I got told the new chairman would want to install his own man, but after the takeover he told me he'd think about it and get back to me. Took a couple of weeks for him to finally decide to sack me.

When Andy Marshall took over back in late May / June there was never any media articles where my future was questioned, so I'm still shocked by this rash decision...

I think I might have found a reason why the board's confidence in me may have been reduced... a few days before my dismissal I sold a player to rivals Hitchin which raised an eyebrow....

Could that be the cause of my sacking?

I think I might have found a reason why the board's confidence in me may have been reduced... a few days before my dismissal I sold a player to rivals Hitchin which raised an eyebrow....

Could that be the cause of my sacking?

That would be harsh... imagine Fergie getting sacked for selling Silvestre to Arsenal...

Chapter 2 - "The Damned Biggleswade Town"

9th November 2012 - Hastings United - Ryman League Division One South

So after just over 3 months on gardening leave, I accept my 2nd job offer...Hastings United (the other being North Greenford).

I've accepted a £190 p/w contract until June 2013.

Transfer budget: £0

Wage budget: £2,100 p/w

After being relegated from the Ryman Premier a season ago, Hastings have found life in Level 8 very tough and have already lost £73,000 this season!

Previous manager Curtis Jacobs was sacked after a disastrous start. Hastings are 21st having played 11, won 1, drawn 3, lost 7, scored 8 and conceded 18.

The media predicted a 6th place finish so there is a lot of work to do to make up ground on the top of the league. I've done it with Biggleswade before so why can't I win the Ryman Division One South again?

201211starttable.png

Good luck with Hastings, I've been to see them play against Tonbridge once. Shame about the sacking, the season ahead was looking promising.

The season was really promising. What is hard to take is the time I took over the summer to assemble a quality squad capable of challenging for promotion, what a waste...

That sacking was harsh! Glad to see you've kept going with the save though....good luck with Hastings!

Thanks!

Gotta keep going with the save, I just love playing long term games and I'm not going to let this ruin things.

Next pre-season try to set up a friendly match against Biggleswade, just to see if the new manager has ruined the team or not :p

I'm not bitter....I feel a viscous campaign against Biggleswade is in order whilst Andy Marshall is still chairman ;)

Wow! That's really harsh and unfair Ron :(

At least you're in the Ryman now (strategic choice? ;)) so you can whip their ass to Pluto and back when you manage to assemble a fine squad in Hastings. Can certainly understand the worst frustration is the time wasted on finding players. I know what a drag the summer is when you are in need of strengthening.

Such a weird timing. Hopefully the new bloke does an equally 'good' job with Biggleswade so you can face them next season already. Would be nice if the game had proper media functions so you could send out some truly hateful messages to the guy. Really weak you're not given a reason for your sacking either. That's something I dislike with the game in many domains. Players suddenly unhappy but you have no idea why and no way to fix it. And chairmen being crooks but you have no way to interact with them at all. Yes, there is the board requests, but we all know how 'useful' those are.

Wow! That's really harsh and unfair Ron :(

At least you're in the Ryman now (strategic choice? ;)) so you can whip their ass to Pluto and back when you manage to assemble a fine squad in Hastings. Can certainly understand the worst frustration is the time wasted on finding players. I know what a drag the summer is when you are in need of strengthening.

Such a weird timing. Hopefully the new bloke does an equally 'good' job with Biggleswade so you can face them next season already. Would be nice if the game had proper media functions so you could send out some truly hateful messages to the guy. Really weak you're not given a reason for your sacking either. That's something I dislike with the game in many domains. Players suddenly unhappy but you have no idea why and no way to fix it. And chairmen being crooks but you have no way to interact with them at all. Yes, there is the board requests, but we all know how 'useful' those are.

Very, very unfair sacking...

Can't wait until I play Biggleswade to give them a thrashing...however not any time soon as Hastings are woeful...

if it helps, they got relegated out of the Isthmian Premier in dead last place in my save.

At least you got a solid goal now. Kick their arses ;)

It's odd though, this sacking after takeovers seems to be very random. I was almost sure I'd be sacked. Was "very insecure" ffs. So how they deduced there was impressive fan support I'll never know.

if it helps, they got relegated out of the Isthmian Premier in dead last place in my save.

At least you got a solid goal now. Kick their arses ;)

It's odd though, this sacking after takeovers seems to be very random. I was almost sure I'd be sacked. Was "very insecure" ffs. So how they deduced there was impressive fan support I'll never know.

Great to see Biggleswade fail in your save....I hate Biggleswade! :mad:

Me thinks I'll have to rename this thread...

2012/2013 - November / December Update - Hastings United - Ryman League Division One South

For a club that had previously played in the tier above the quality of this expensive (in wages) squad is woefully poor.

I joined after 11 games and this period was my 11 league games, so 4 wins, 2 draws and 5 defeats (14 points) is a good start with the poor quality squad at my disposal.

I would talk about new signings that have made an impact...the problem is that there have been none. The quality of the frees available isn't of a good enough standard, so for now I'm stuck with what I've already got.

The thing that's keeping me going is the potential of Hastings. We're averaging 296 fans per game, by far the biggest in the league, and we've got a good sized stadium. So bright times ahead for Hastings...just not yet...

201212fixtures.png

201212table.png

A respectable start. GL.

Managed to pinch any players off of them? ;)

I've tried to get Moxam and Sutherland on loan, however despite the loan bids being accepted, they both weren't interested in joining me.

I don't necessarily blame them for not coming...would you given our league position?

2 games? Plenty of time that is! Did the chairman have a very short fuse?

gl at Hasting utd (y)

Seems like he had a very short fuse. I wish I could have a look at his hidden chairman stats to help me figure him out....

You competed a compettion called the "Championship Manager Cup"? Shame on you, I would have pulled out on principle (if that was possible in game!)

Yea unfortunate sponsorship of the Isthmian League Cup there. I really should've changed it to a different name when I created this file.

2012/2013 - January / February Update - Hastings United - Ryman League Division One South

This is turning out to be a right old slog to ensure Division One South safety...

9 games in this period, 3 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats probably indicates we have enough to get the desired points, however our February form leaves much to be desired.

I'm struggling to get anyone decent to join on loan or find 'quality' free transfers at the this late stage of the season, so I'm eager to get this season over and done with to start afresh with a new squad for 2013/2014...

Of course, that's if the club still want me as their manager...

20132fixtures.png

20132table.png

Goal of Jan / Feb:

Recent signing (SC) Keane scores a great finish after our best passing move of the season so far...

[video=youtube;GR5oWrBmjc4]

Archived