Spanish League and the setup

Currently managing away in Spain.

There is no option to make players available for B or C squad - which are the reserve teams.

There's no way to make a player available for the U19's.

I've to constantly move players back and forth to keep them match fit with a squad of 25 it's impossible to play them all as I have my first teamers, the back up for those players and then one or two youths I want to play the odd time.

Just a tad frustrating switching around.

Would it be objectionable to ask that the option is included to make the players available for B/C/U19 teams for the purpose of keeping players fit???

Anyone else experience a similar frustration?

By the way I know the B/C teams are regarded as separate teams and play in the lower leagues and essentially a different squad. But surely there's a better way for the purpose of the game.

Sorry to be blunt but if you can't take it, you'll have to play somewhere else.

Would it be objectionable to ask that the option is included to make the players available for B/C/U19 teams for the purpose of keeping players fit???

That would be an "alter reality" option.

Anyone else experience a similar frustration?

That's one of the challenges of playing in Spain. You need a plan for squad rotation.

It's not a question of it being fair or what not. The question really is can players in real life be made available from the Main Squad for the U19's/B/C teams.

I've been managing in the league for over 5 seaons. I'm well used to it. I just think that for some reason the players in Spain can be made available to play for the lower teams without moving them between squads.

I've no problem doing it. I have no problem doing it - I just like the option that you get in then English leagues "Make Available for Reserves" and I think that something similar could be done for the Spanish league.

It would add nothing more than a player being moved to the B team by the Ass Man when the player needs to be match fit and then moved back when he's fit again. An automation in the process.

I don't think they can move between teams if they are registered for the main squad. Also, I believe if they have made a certain number of appearances for the main team then they cannot move to other teams. My experience with Spanish sides is rather limited though so I don't know all of the rules and regulations for moving players.

Players can only move up.

If you have a promising U19 player you can call him up for B or first team games; however, he remains registered with the U19 team. The same applies to B team players - those that have been assigned a first squad number over 25 are allowed to play for the first team, but they remain registered with the B team.

@ ratboy

They scrapped the 5 games rule as it inevitably lead to teams looking for players abroad during the winter transfer window.

Players can only move up.

If you have a promising U19 player you can call him up for B or first team games; however, he remains registered with the U19 team. The same applies to B team players - those that have been assigned a first squad number over 25 are allowed to play for the first team, but they remain registered with the B team.

@ ratboy

They scrapped the 5 games rule as it inevitably lead to teams looking for players abroad during the winter transfer window.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't really sure about how it worked. I assumed it had more to do with having to register players for the main squad and not being able to send them to the B team. As, I assume, they would have to be registered for them (B team) also. I know, I know, that whole thing about assuming ;)

While we're talking about the Spanish league in here, I was wondering something. If you start with a team in the adelante that has a "B" team in "Spain" (meaning their "B" team isn't part of the Segunda leagues), is there a chance that their "B" team will make it into a league? This annoys me, because my "B" squad players aren't automatically scheduled games, I'd have to set them up myself--and that's tedious.

I'm playing as Gimnastic, and their B team doesn't belong to any league...

While we're talking about the Spanish league in here, I was wondering something. If you start with a team in the adelante that has a "B" team in "Spain" (meaning their "B" team isn't part of the Segunda leagues), is there a chance that their "B" team will make it into a league? This annoys me, because my "B" squad players aren't automatically scheduled games, I'd have to set them up myself--and that's tedious.

they can but it is completely random if a team gts promoted to a playable league.

In Spanish league rule, the B team cannot promote to the La Liga, as long as the ''parent'' or ''main'' team is still in the league. For eg. Real Madrid, even if their Castilla wins the B league they won't get promoted as long as Real Madrid are still in the La Liga.

But the problem in this game is, the entire spanish league rules and the b clubs work strangely. You are better off playing another league.

IRL, Spanish teams do have first-teamers who are available for B-team games, so not having an option is kind of stupid.

An example: http://www.athletic-club.net/web/main.asp?a=1&b=1&c=0&d=0&idi=2

All of the players with squad numbers higher than 25 are available for the B-team, and I believe that all of them have played at least one match for the B squad this season. In the game, you cannot give any players over 19 a number higher than 25 (though four players in the IRL Athletic squad are over 19 years old with a number higher than 25) and, again, you cannot make players available for the B-team despite the fact that, somehow, Athletic Club can do it IRL. However, I have seen the game ask me if I want to "set players needing match fitness as available" for the B-team, but to do that I would have to set ALL of them needing match fitness as available.

It's not a question of it being fair or what not. The question really is can players in real life be made available from the Main Squad for the U19's/B/C teams.

I've been managing in the league for over 5 seaons. I'm well used to it. I just think that for some reason the players in Spain can be made available to play for the lower teams without moving them between squads.

I've no problem doing it. I have no problem doing it - I just like the option that you get in then English leagues "Make Available for Reserves" and I think that something similar could be done for the Spanish league.

It would add nothing more than a player being moved to the B team by the Ass Man when the player needs to be match fit and then moved back when he's fit again. An automation in the process.

This can't be done in the Spanish league because the rules are different.

In the Spanish league the main team and the 'b' team are seperate only because they all play in the same league format. Other than that, they are just the same. So the 'b' team also has to have registration, unlike the reserve team of English leagues where any tom dick harry can play.

IRL, Spanish teams do have first-teamers who are available for B-team games, so not having an option is kind of stupid.

An example: http://www.athletic-club.net/web/main.asp?a=1&b=1&c=0&d=0&idi=2

All of the players with squad numbers higher than 25 are available for the B-team, and I believe that all of them have played at least one match for the B squad this season. In the game, you cannot give any players over 19 a number higher than 25 (though four players in the IRL Athletic squad are over 19 years old with a number higher than 25) and, again, you cannot make players available for the B-team despite the fact that, somehow, Athletic Club can do it IRL. However, I have seen the game ask me if I want to "set players needing match fitness as available" for the B-team, but to do that I would have to set ALL of them needing match fitness as available.

Those player are not first teamers. When you are registering players for the first team at the start of the season, if you click on the show B players tickbox you can assign those B team players a squad number over 25. These players however remain registered with the B team. The likes of Muniain (25) and Aurtenetxe (29) despite being starters for Athletic are able to drop down and take part in B team games whenever they like.

If you want to include them in you squad, due to injuries, all you have to do is tick the tickbox again to show the players and include them in your match-day squad a couple of days in advance.

Those player are not first teamers. When you are registering players for the first team at the start of the season, if you click on the show B players tickbox you can assign those B team players a squad number over 25. These players however remain registered with the B team. The likes of Muniain (25) and Aurtenetxe (29) despite being starters for Athletic are able to drop down and take part in B team games whenever they like.

If you want to include them in you squad, due to injuries, all you have to do is tick the tickbox again to show the players and include them in your match-day squad a couple of days in advance.

Right, I know this. However, the game only allows you to give numbers over 25 to U19 players I believe, which is inaccurate. Take, for example, Urko Vera.

This is interesting info.

As I say I'd much prefer a better way of making players available for the B team. Which could be just the Ass Man asking "What players will be eligible for B team and he'd assign approriate Squad Numbers.

• 2 months later...

Archived