Fm 2011Around The World 80 Days

Hi there based on the FM 2011 foxmad's Version of this challenge hope you lot do not mind me putting this up in here The Aim

To follow Phileas Fogg's journey around the world winning leagues and gaining reputation as you go. Now I understand this will definately take more than 80 days as this is what will need to be completed:

The Journey Begins - India

Phileas Fogg is a wealthy, solitary, unmarried gentleman with regular habits. He decides it is possible to travel around the world in 80 days with the opening of the new railway in India

Your first objective is to take one of the Mumbai Clubs to national league glory. The two team's are:

- Air India (Easy)

- Mumbi Fc (difficult)

Once the league is yours you are free to move onto the next step. Obviously you may need to stay here to raise up your reputation some more.

The Escape - Hong Kong

Fogg matches the description of a bank robber back in England so they are followed undercover for the next few days. In the end they make it across to Hong Kong.

Now in Hong Kong you need to raise enough funds and reputation to continue with your journey. You need to win the Hong Kong first division with any team you can, I would recommend staying in India until you are sure you can get a job here.

Almost Home - USA

The company travel across the Pacific to San Fransisco and then onto New York, they are attacked by Native Americans on the way but they carry on reasonably unharmed

The MLS awaits your managerial ability and you must deliver by taking any of the teams to MLS glory before returning home.

London Awaits - England

Fogg has to go through Ireland and Liverpool before getting back to the city he started his journey from.

Now win the Premier Division with any London club.

The Set-up

India -National Football League

Hong Kong - First Division

USA - MLS

England - Premier Division, Blue Square North /South (optional)

Obviously you start with one of the Indian teams and make you way from there.

Any database can be ticked as I know some people computers may be slower.

Attribute masking must be ticked.

No additional players should be used.

Manager Reputation must be set to Automatic as a high reputation will ruin the challenge.

Nationality should be English, if you have another nationality you can use this as your second one.

Additional Rules

International Management is not allowed until after the Premier Division has been won.

If sacked you need to get a new job in either the league you are in or the league(s) before that.

When returning to India you may take any club. If unable to get a job I would recommend restarting the job

You can be called anything, Phileas Fogg is recommended but I dont expect everyone to want to have that name.

There are no restrictions on assigning feeder/parent clubs.

Scouting Guidelines

I expect people to be sensible with this and only sign players that they can either scout or have been on trial at their club.

No external utilities such as FMScout should be used and the database should be un-edited. Should SI release a data update, this would be allowed. It is advised that people should update using the latest patches as they are released.

Rules for this Thread

Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Screenshots for anything are encouraged.

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread. We want to hear the story of your club all the way through (success and failure), So please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.

At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including the minimum of a screenshot of the league table. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier for others to pick out.

If this proves at all popular I will regularly post an update which shows which players are playing, which league and which year they are in.

How to Post a Screenshot

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

The main reason Ive posted this is because it is what I plan to do on fm2011 and know that if other users join in I may be more motivated to keep going.

I'd also like to thank Dafuge and Gundo as my original post is based upon theres.

Good Luck.. let the fun commence

How to Post a Screenshot

Also if you hold alt-F9 on the screen you wish to take a picture of it will place that screenshot in the screenshot folder in fm11 documents on your computer

this may save time if you don't wish to constantly stop the game to paste your screenies on paint and you can have them all in one handy folder

Archived