Knap doing good with Palace first season in EPL. Beat liverpool 4-1 away and had some other big wins. Some games though I get dominated, but probably due to me signing 3 players in January.

I cant wait until I can get better players, or apply for another job (bigger club).

Look forward to your next 442 mate

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Knap cheers for the latest 442 mate. Ive opened a thread just to raise awareness as I feel your tactics, especially for FM11, are way underrated.

Cant wait for your next update mate.

Would love to see the ultimate 442. Keep testing mate.

Jimmy, na its not mate. Its the original rock wider 442.

I am playing with the new 100pt tactic, and loving the attacking movement.

I am making various tweaks, more in the defensive corners and defensive aspect

Preveza, i agree with you saying knapps tactics are so underated, from when i joined this forum its been the same, 09 nearly everyone went on about tylerboads tactics, yet knapps where just as good if not better, last year Mr Houghs overshadowed, well everybodys tactics, tho there where tons of great tactics, and the same this year, everybody been waiting for mr houghs wondertactic, yet there have also been loads of great tactics,

and after all that lol im about to kick butt with this.....

I use Torres and Aguero in either slot, Sturridge on left , its best to switch them around and see what is the best combination. I've used this tactic using Drogba, Anelka,Torres, Aguero, Kalou, Sturridge, Kane, Rooney, Carroll, Walcott, plus an assortment of Newgens but still do not have a preference.

Ass Man for match prep, appears to work OK.

englishpremierdivisioniv.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have a thermodynamics midterm tomorrow, but I left studying and I am enjoying my Chelsea save with your latest flat 442. Well done Knap, truly amazing tactic.

Love the 100pt tactic. Have went on a winning streka of 18 games. Won the SPL in April though have lost a couple of games, League Cup Final was one of them. But still got the Scottish Cup Final and i did knock out Athletico Madrid out of Europe.

I only test lower league to see if any issues with players of lower quality. With FM10 I used Ripley Village which I think is lowest level 11 and they could use same tactic as Spurs or Chelsea. In FM11 I have used Woking as a test squad.

Knap i see your in 2017. Surely youd have the best squad in the world so not really surprsing.

I still think your 100pt tactic is the best ive ever tested, and would love to see any improvements

With Chelsea I was trying to make the England squad all Chelsea players but the idea failed. I have been using players like Bertrand, Walker, Chamberlin, Kane, Sturridge, Henderson, Rodwell, Jones. With Walker I could not buy him from Spurs but had to wait until he was sold to Wolves.

Kalou still plays at LM so the squad is not an ultimate squad, but I would not test a tactic this far into game because of AI squad building.

Preveza, i agree with you saying knapps tactics are so underated, from when i joined this forum its been the same, 09 nearly everyone went on about tylerboads tactics, yet knapps where just as good if not better, last year Mr Houghs overshadowed, well everybodys tactics, tho there where tons of great tactics, and the same this year, everybody been waiting for mr houghs wondertactic, yet there have also been loads of great tactics,

and after all that lol im about to kick butt with this.....

Gotta agree with this to be fair - People like Knapp and others who have been around a long time and make such quality tactics deserve more praise - Keep up the great work Knapp.

Dave

nice Dave, nothing aimed at you, i actually made a thread to thank everyone, and i tried to name all the Biggie tactic makers, problem is that i was trying to be nice and thank everyone but i think it sounded like an arse licking thread, anyway, could be worse on fm base some bloke just posted a tactic and automatically he's been labled a cheat, some of the stuff that you see sometimes is worse than corrie lol

Ok season 2 with Celtic, league games gone with a couple of friendlies and a couple of CL games

As you can see scores a lot of goals, concedes not a lot of goals.

No tweaks so far....

Results so far.....

storysofar.th.jpg

Is that the defensive version from post #306 or the "rock" version from post #304?

Buying players depends on how you want to play game.

Buy known players like Aguero

Buy English players like Rodwell

Lower League - read good players guide

Genie Scout - I only really use to check data but the positional rating is attribute based rather than just CA/PA.

Otherwise Scouting using stars as per Screenshot - I prefer just to buy good players and see how it works out, although I do have an attribute guide its on a speadsheet.

jimlawlorreportsreports.png

I use geniescout. Cant go wrong with it. I find players Id dream of buying when managing lower league. With the big clubs, you sort of know who you want to buy, but again, I stick to geniescout

I actually think that Genie Scout is a good idea and the positional rating system should be incorporated in game. The player role tool uses Genie as a means of extracting data. It is odd that the scout system uses stars but TC uses attributes, as there is now a disconnect between the systems.

Otherwise Scouting using stars as per Screenshot - I prefer just to buy good players and see how it works out, although I do have an attribute guide its on a speadsheet.

jimlawlorreportsreports.png

Knap,

I was actually on to post and ask what type of attributes that you use for each position. Or whether or not you have the tickers set for individual team/player roles (like Advanced Forward, Limited Defender etc.).

Is there any chance of a cheeky copy of your spreadsheet with the attribute guide for the formation?

I'm having to re-build my team almost completely as I was previously using a formation with no Wingers, a DM and 3 Strikers. So an attribute guide would help point me in the direction of players who will really do the tactic Justice and help me get the best out of it.

Cheers.

ChiccO

I don't really bother with attributes as for example I use same tactic with Chelsea as England. If you need a Full Back then all you need to do is look at a high star rating fullback. With a fullback you can use a player like Bale or Bassong. I've used this tactic for about 9 seasons so there are plenty of player changes without tactical changes. With Chelsea I tend to use Ramires at RM and Kalou at LM which are probably not typical wingers. In midfield I pair Pastore with Rodwell but could pair Mikel with Rodwell or Ramires and Pastore.

I normally use Genie because someone can't get the tactic to work for them, I can then check the Team positional rating with the league rating to see if its a squad quality issue or another issue.

I can email the speadsheet but its just a weighted average of attributes for each position, and not for any particular tactic.

The spreadsheet on download.

A top EPL side has a positional rating of about 80%. Mid table about 75%. If all relevant attributes for position are 15 then this would rate a player at 75%. The key attributes have a heavier weighting, however training can redistributes attributes so can only be a guide which is why scouting is a better tool.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qxt64epq7w7fwly