Sports Interactive Community

Knap

Out of all your previous tactics for this patch, I have to say your latest 442 is definately the best for me so far.

Steve

Cheers and cant wait for your next 442.

Im just wondering Knap if you've attempted a 3-5-2 Formation in 11.3 yet? I'm really looking to find a decent one so i can utilise my midfielders in my current save.

By 3-5-2 I do actually mean flat back 3 flat midfield 5 and two up top... not 3 dcs 2 dmcs 2 mc's 1 amc 2 strikers etc....

I've contemplated checking out one of your other formations and trying to fiddle it into a 3-5-2 but I'd really love a custom variant if possible... I am willing to do the work though if i need to edit a 4-4-2 into a 3 5 2.... i'd assume i can just cookie cutter over one of the dc's to the third, then check out my 5 midfielders.

I normally stick with 4 at back, and I think last time I did 3 at back was FM08, and then it was to tweak a tactic sent to me, as I would not use such a tactic myself.

Knap

Which tactic are you using mainly yourself???

Steve

The next one, but I am still looking at Gers game.

The aim would be to produce a 114pt tactic, which means trying new ideas.

433 uses a target man? Big, strong, slow, good header? Please tell me it does! :p

Spurs have Crouch but also Defoe and Pav, but I'm not using a ticked TM or specified TMs so still very open to any sort of player.

Using the latest 4-4-2. League form was pretty poor. Seemed quite inconsistent. Got beat by Sunderland & Brum 4-1 at home. Record against Arsenal & Man Utd wasn't bad, lost to Man Utd once and the rest were wins/draws. Europa league was a different story, won it after beating Juventus 4-2 in the final.

barclayspremierleagueinp.th.png

liverpoolliverpoolfixtu.th.png

Oh and default Liverpool squad.

Spurs have Crouch but also Defoe and Pav, but I'm not using a ticked TM or specified TMs so still very open to any sort of player.

Yeah I only meant the type of player, good to know that any will work.

I normally stick with 4 at back, and I think last time I did 3 at back was FM08, and then it was to tweak a tactic sent to me, as I would not use such a tactic myself.

I know your busy but if I sent you the 352 I've been messing with (which is based on your 4 4 2 just making an extra cb and adding a midfielder in the centre....) could you see if/what tweaks are necessary to potentially win the PL using it? If the PL win is way too much work i don't mind long as its top 4.... I know times a premium, but let me know.... as right now its a bit hit and miss, I've beaten Man City and Liverpool with it using Notts forest but then lost to Bolton and a few others... :S and it lacks possesion or really anything of note.

Put it on a download and I will have a look.

Knap take your time mate. And I'm sure you can come up with a 100+point tactic for 11.3.

Knap

So would you say the tactic in the original post is the best one for 11.3 so far?

Steve

Steve

As far as my test season is concerned, the tactic in post 1 is the best performing tactic so far.

Thanks Knap, goodluck with getting together an even better tactic.

Steve

I like the narrow version if you have attacking fullbacks.

I like the narrow version if you have attacking fullbacks.

I have both good attacking fullbacks and good wingers I'm sunderland and I signed Jarvis and chung-yong lee

Probably wide version then although I retrain Lennon to AMC.

Probably wide version then although I retrain Lennon to AMC.

Ok, kool can you send me the link for the wide version please

Post 48 for a TC 4231

Post 111 for a Classic 4231

has anybody had any luck using the 4-3-3 on patch 11.3.

i currently have 11.2 running after getting ****ed off with 11.3,but thinking of re installing 11.3 and giving it a go over the weekend.

shall i use it on 11.2 or 11.3?

i am going to start a new save tonight with man utd and i am a big fan of the 4-3-3

442 not doing to great im afraind. Conceding way too much. Im Man City and sitting 8th after 34 games. Hope you can stick to one formation and get it right. Youve got too many formations here lol.

You think the 433 with wingers is the best so far?

You're 3-5-2 from scratch is probably better than this botch job, but this is the upload of mine do with it what you can:

edit (url deleted as no longer necessary)

Preveza

This is 433 with Rangers from Spikesters game. No real problems and this was 1st match with tactic. It really depends upon whether you have the players to pull off a formation.

aberdeenvrangersstatsma.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't know Juve team but I guess a DM tactic so 433 would be fine. A lone forward tactic will tend to score less but tactic used was post 154.

Knap I believe the 433 has the most potential on 11.3 Its a well balanced tactic, and with the right players like you mentioned, it can reach max points.

hOPE you can release another version of the 433. Will test now and provide feedback. Appreciate the tactics youve made thus far :)

Knap

Nice one with the Gers save ;)

Possession didn't seem all that great though, although it was an away game.

Steve

Trying 4231 (the one from post 107) with FC Kobenhavn, by far the strongest team in Denmark. Early results are promising, which was expected: I'm pretty much battering everyone, Dame N'doye is getting an average of 2 goals per game. I think my team is good enough to at least get promotion from CL group phase, we shall see how the tactic does in europe :)

I can reccomend using the 4-2-3-1 using the tc yeah i'm playing as spurs as knap did but it is brilliant. I thought would suffer from lack of goals but defoe is smashing them in and Van der vardt more than makes up for lack of strikers he has 9 goals in first 10 games.

tottenhamhotspurtottenhe.png

When i saw this formation i thought "finally, some wingerless tactic with a lot of attacking midfields!"

And since my team have many AM, and few strikers and wingers i decided to try...

I was 1st with Inter, but the tactic not seemed to work that well... lots of mixing results, i tried for more then 10 games, and had some home loses too :(

it's annoying to play a game where are few good wingers and the only tactics that work have wingers :(

inter.jpg

Just one question Knap, with all that tactics, you holiday to the end of the season to test the tactic or you play all the games?

tried the 4-3-3 with man utd,8 games in lost 2 already,1-0 home to liverpool and 2-1 away to fulham,fulham destroyed me big time,mainly getting goals from corners,vidic and smalling

This ME is the worst..No point in playing. Im over it. No matter what you do, the defending in both teams is shocking

Has anybody tested out all the tactics?

Which is working out best for you?

I started with the 4-2-3-1 but it just wasn't working out for me, no idea why as I had players perfect for the positions so I changed after 11 games. I then switched to 4-2-2-2 and started dominating. Bear in mind the defence is a bit leaky, though, so I leave the match prep set to defensive positioning and it seems to have worked wonders. 10 goals conceded in 17 games with a clean sheet record of 7 in a row. For an attacking 4-2-2-2 formation, I would say that was excellent. What do you think?

I also messed about with the flat 4-4-2 but haven't done much with it yet. It may be good for shutting up shop a bit more after using the 4-2-2-2. What do you think, Knap?

Goals for and against look fine to me.

englishpremierdivisionib.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Best one so far? Can i please test..Im really struggling this year on fm