Reserve Team Issue & Agent Issue

Hi,

I have 2 issues. Both a seperate issues and not linked in any way.

First of all, I deceided to have a change to my usual English or Spanish league saves and got my Mrs to choose a nation and a team from that nation for me to manage. She decided on Slovenia & a team called Nafta. I am in my 7th season and I am probably having more fun playing this save than I ever have before in this game.

Anyway, to my problem. I have managed to build Nafta into quite a successful team, successive league titles, plus a couple of cups and a couple of good champions league runs have contributed to a big increase in the clubs and leagues reputation. My problem is, that there are no reserve teams in the slovenian leagues or reserve teams fixtures so all my backup players are rotting in my first team unable to get a game. They then become unhappy, request a transfer, then i'm a without cover for a certain position. There is no where for my young players being promoted from my academy to get match time as it is rare they have the ability to walk straight into the 1st team.

Is there anyway of getting or creating a reserve team without having to start again? And if so, is there any possibility of reserce team fixtures?

My Second issue is with Agents. Long Story short, is there any way of turning them off?! lol. I cant stand them

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

arrange friendlies

i had the same problem when managing a team with no reserve fixtures. sure, the backup/youth-players won't get any "competitive" matches (and thus still most probably will get upset at some point) but at least they'll have a run out every week and you can even make a wee bit of extra money.

as for the agents: kissing their pompous butts and forcefeeding them obscene amounts of cash might be the way to salvation - then again, it might only increase your level of frustration^^

Thanks for the tips. Can u arrange friendliest during the season? I didn't think you could.

I only have 1 affiliate. A lower league team in Croatia. Everytime I ask the board for another, they come back with unable to find a suitable link. Just wanted to see if there was anything I could do to create a reserve team, without starting again.

Is there anyway agents can be turned off in the editor? Or would u have to go through and delete them individually?

Thanks for the tips. Can u arrange friendliest during the season? I didn't think you could.

I only have 1 affiliate. A lower league team in Croatia. Everytime I ask the board for another, they come back with unable to find a suitable link. Just wanted to see if there was anything I could do to create a reserve team, without starting again.

Is there anyway agents can be turned off in the editor? Or would u have to go through and delete them individually?

Agents are generated on each game, and no, they can't be turned off. Like it or not, they are a big part of the game IRL.

I agree they are a big part of Football irl, however this is a computer game, not real life. After spending any amount of time on these forums, it is clear that I'm not the only one who is not fond of the introduction of agents. All I would like is an option to turn them of, or maybe have them as an optional extra download. Something like that would prevent the moaners (me being one of them, lol), and gives the option to those that do enjoy using agents the oportunity to do so. Just an idea.

But anyway, I don't want this thread to be another Agents debate, there are plenty of those already. Just trying to find out if there was a way to achieve what was asked in initial thread.

Thanks for your input :D

Regarding the Reserve player issue i can only advise you to offer the players out on loan with the "recall" option ticked and hope they go out on loan, then if a first team player is injured just recall them.

Obviously it might not be this easy but with the new patch and clubs more likely to be interested this might work, especially if you have a lot of leagues loaded?

Trial and error i suppose but their must be some kind of work around :)

Cheers mate. Will give this a go. Only got the Slovenian league loaded due to slow computer.

Just signed David Villa & kaka on free transfer, both about 34, lol. Good for the club and league to have players like these in the league though. Will have to send some players out on loan to make room for them though :)

arrange friendlies

i had the same problem when managing a team with no reserve fixtures. sure, the backup/youth-players won't get any "competitive" matches (and thus still most probably will get upset at some point) but at least they'll have a run out every week and you can even make a wee bit of extra money.

i do this for my fiorentina save, but not every week, normally when the rest are on internationals and at christmas time when there's a rest period. these players will normally get a few first team games here and there aswell!

Archived