[FM11] offen94's Global Road-Trip [FM11 Journeyman Career]

GylfiAsCharged

Well, I resigned, and after a month I found a job at the mighty...

200px-Northwich.png

Northwich Victoria.

Northwich Victoria Football Club (often simply known as Northwich, or by their nickname Vics or The Vics) are an English football club who play at the Victoria Stadium in Wincham, Northwich, Cheshire in the Northern Premier League Premier Division, the seventh tier of the English football league system.

Northwich are an old club, founded in 1874 and named in honour of the reigning monarch at the time Queen Victoria, and are one of the top 100 oldest football clubs in the world still in existence. Northwich have a long history, founding several leagues including the Football League Second Division. The club's history was recorded in the book 'A Team for All Seasons', written by the club's late President, Ken Edwards.

They played at the same Drill Field ground for over 125 years, which at the time was believed to be the oldest ground in the world on which football had been continuously played, however after a ground sharing period with their local rivals, Witton Albion, they started the 2005-06 season in their new stadium, the Victoria Stadium in Wincham, just outside Northwich and across the Trent & Mersey Canal, which separates them from their rivals.

The team is weak but I have a fairly big wage budget to play around with, already brought in a couple of familiar faces...

Goalkeeper.

Alex Wilkinson, 25, my first choice between the sticks. Seems pretty well rounded.

Defenders

Glen Mitchell, 22, my latest signing, for £200 from Cowdenbeath. His agent approached me and he seemed like the perfect player to plug our weak spot.

Casper Sindet, 23, a familiar face, the hot prospect from Herlev jumped at the offer to reunite with me in England, he is filling that potential that I identified.

Ryan Porter, 26, possibly the best player at the club already, and his attributes will make him a perfect partner for Sindet.

Ian Harris, 27, left-back is probably a weak spot, and in my opinion, Harris isn't good enough. Will have to do for now.

Midfielders.

Adam McGurk, 23, I signed the Northern Irish youth international on a free transfer, and he's our creative spark.

Steve Burke, 22, a pacy central midfielder who will partner McGurk.

Adam Hales, 21, a pretty quick winger who has potential according to my assistant.

Danny Hodgson, 26, determined and physically fit, he's the sort of player I like using at this level.

Attackers.

Leon Crncic, 22, the young Slovenian with 15 caps and 13 goals for the youth team, was released from Leicester and somehow I managed to tempt him to this level, he's definitely League 1 quality at least. Should kill this league.

Tommy Lauridsen, 32, another familiar name, managed to bring him over from Herlev too. A perfect mix between youth and experience up front.

Excited about the coming season, the side were newly promoted when I took over and I think I'll be able to challenge some of the bigger teams in the league.

200px-Northwich.png

July..

4 preseason friendlies to warm us up, here goes:

Northwich 1 - 1 Aberystwyth

Lauridsen

I expected exactly this sort of result, Lauridsen's goal was a beauty!

Northwich 1 - 1 Port Vale

Lauridsen

A great result, they were the better team but we were resilient and caught them on the break.

Lothian Thistle 1 - 1 Northwich

Lauridsen

Again, a very close game, and again Lauridsen on the scoresheet.

Stockbridge 0 - 3 Northwich

Hodgson, Crncic, Sindet

I expected a win but we totally dominated, and 2 more of my new signings scored.

An unbeaten preseason, looking forward to the real thing.

Ah, good to know some people are reading. :) So which way do you want me to update? Preseason, End of Preseason, Halfway and End of Season, or monthly? I think I'd get through seasons quicker if I did the former, but the latter would make it more in depth for you guys.

In the Premier League...

Managers:

Arsenal - Javier Aguirre

Aston Villa - Tony Pulis

Birmingham - Alex McLeish

Blackburn - Alan Shearer

Chelsea - Sven Goran Erikkson

Everton - David Moyes

Fulham - Jose Maria Amorrortu

Hull City - Keith Millen

Leicester - Malky Mackay

Liverpool - Roberto Mancini

Man City - Unai Emery

Man United - Mike Phelan

Newcastle - Alan Curbishley

Nottingham Forest - Billy Davies

Stoke - Dennis Wise

Sunderland - Steve Bruce

Tottenham - Stuart Pearce

Watford - Paolo Ferreira (the ex Chelsea player, aged 33)

West Ham - Avram Grant

Wolves - Mick McCarthy

Record Transfers:

Domenico Criscito from Genoa to Man Utd. (£34M)

Simon Kjaer from Wolfsburg to Man City. (£22M)

Eden Hazard from Lille to Arsenal. (£20.5M)

200px-Northwich.png

Midway Update.

Results | Table

Well, not at all what I was expecting. My torrid time in England continues and my strong side underachieved hugely. Nightmare in the first game of the season, as the player I was most excited about, Casper Sindet, broke his leg and has been ruled out since them. Lauridsen has been inconsistent, as was Crncic, and McGurk never really found his feet, let alone the goal. Nothing went my way. Conceding late goals was a frequent occurance, and as a result of this, I was sacked after 19 games. I really believed I could take the club forwards when I joined, but it just wasn't to be. The sacking came after debatably the best result of the season, a narrow defeat against BSP outfit Mansfield who themselves were challenging for promotion to the Football League. So it's back to the job market for me, to find myself a new team... abroad.

Employment Update.

So, it's halfway through May and I haven't even been accepted for a job in England, let alone abroad. I was one of the favourites to get a job back in the Danish 3rd tier, but they promoted from within. I have seen applications to Scottish 3rd Division sides rejected, and it seems that my reputation has been heavily tainted following two torrid spells in England. Hopefully I can get a job before July.

2013/14 Season Preview.

BradfordPA.PNG

Squad | Staff

Squad picture is from when I first arrived, and the Staff picture is after I brought in my own personnel.

Predicted to get relegated and come 21st, I can't really screw up too badly here. Worst thing possible, is that I achieve one lower spot than I was expected. Of course, I'm looking for survival. I have a few preseason friendlies organized, including the annual one at home to Bradford City, so stay tuned. The team isn't in too bad a shape, looking to bring in a lot of new faces though - my new scouts have given me a lot of very good suggestions.

End of Preseason / Season Preview

BradfordPA.PNG

Fixtures | Transfers

The first friendly was alright, I hadn't made any changes to the original side and it was nice to start off with a win, the second was always going to be a tough game, and I can't say I was expecting anything more than a defeat against our local rivals. The third was simply a case of us not taking chances, Adams should have scored a hat-trick, and Goran Franks, my new Canadian U-20 International frontman, hit the post twice. They didn't have many chances but they took them, sadly we were largely wasteful in the first half and they came out fighting after the break.

In terms of transfers, I'm very happy with the players brought in, the ones I'm most excited about are probably Griffith in central midfield, he played for Port Vale (I think) before leaving on a free transfer, and he cam also play at right or centre back, and also Dean Santangelo, the former Reading youth keeper who himself has been included in an England youth squad before. The whole team has been reinforced, largely by local players, and ones from inside Great Britain, I'm not a huge fan of bringing in foreigners at this level but some of the ones my scout recommended were too good to refuse.

The season kicks off with a tricky trip to Redditch, and hopefully we can get the ball rolling, with a positive result. We're expected to get relegated so hopefully we can exceed that prediction.

Key Players - 2013/14 Season

BradfordPA.PNG

Dean Santangelo

The former Reading keeper is sure to have his hands full in a league that will be tough for us, he looks like a terrific coup for this level, and hopefully he lives up to my high expectations of him. He'll be key to our survival this season.

Goran Franks

The Canadian youngster is set to be our main man up top, his mental stats are very good for a young player and I'm quite excited to see how he develops. I'm hoping for a decent goal return this season, at least 10 would be nice.

Tom Lawrence

My best winger, he'll be providing the creativity from the flanks. He looks like he'll be a key player for us.

Anthony Griffith

The ex Port Vale midfielder will be my captain for the coming season and will have to put in solid performances as well as influencing the very young side that he's playing in. His influence will be key to any success we have, and also the development of the youngsters around him.

Anthony Forde

My other Anthony in midfield, my set piece taker will be looked upon as a constant threat, and I'm hoping for some goals from him this season. He'll need to be at his best. I rate him far more than my assistant does, my assistant says he's not good enough but I think he's one of my star players.

Archived