11.3 Patch Official Feedback Thread

Not sure i would read too much into the less bugs in FM11 thing. First of all it still resulted in the same number of patches! :). Second you only need 1 game breaking bug to cause a problem :)

You can't read anything into the number of patches. Everything could have been fixed in one patch or the same number of bugs could have been fixed in a 100 patches. SI's plan prior to release was three patches the same as previous years and it will probably be the same next year.

Yes one game breaking bug is worse than 100 small ones but the fact there were less bugs overall suggests SI are moving in the right direction.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can't read anything into the number of patches. Everything could have been fixed in one patch or the same number of bugs could have been fixed in a 100 patches. SI's plan prior to release was three patches the same as previous years and it will probably be the same next year.

Yes one game breaking bug is worse than 100 small ones but the fact there were less bugs overall suggests SI are moving in the right direction.

Your using bug numbers to determine that FM is getting better/stable. I disagree. This is a game so i say progress is the playing experience. How satisfying/fustrating is it to sit down and play through a few seasons in FM 11? Well thats each individuals opinion hence why what one person says is cosmetic may ruin another persons playing experience. for example FM could have only 1 cosmetic bug - everton having anfield set as their stadium - a few evertonians may not even play the game, might even return their copy :)

this has probally already been answered somewhere in the 13 pages.

I know a save game from 11.2 works for 11.3 and january transfers are not included in that save but are the players attributes such as Carrolls change in the 11.2 save? And all the other fixes?

this has probally already been answered somewhere in the 13 pages.

I know a save game from 11.2 works for 11.3 and january transfers are not included in that save but are the players attributes such as Carrolls change in the 11.2 save? And all the other fixes?

No data changes, so attributes/transfers do not change. Everything else get 'fixed'

Ever since I updated to the 11.3 Patch..

When a news article is about one of my players who is on loan to another club, in the right-hand 'related information' collumn, instead of the 'Apps', 'Gls', and 'Av Rat' information being shown, I am simply shown 'Cur A' and 'Pot A', which is actually blank, and has no stars. Is this a bug, or is it intended to do this as an 'improvement' over 11.2? And is there any way for me to reverse this? As having to go onto the players profile to find this information is quite tedious as compared to previous versions.

Also, with certain players from clubs other than my own, the statistics section of their profile at the bottom, which shows the player's appearances, goals, assists, red & yellow cards etc, only seems to show numbers for the Appearances, Goals and Average Rating collumns. Any way to change this back, or is this a bug also?

Probably better discussed elsewhere...but one thing the 11.3 patch HAS done is completely knackered MLS to the point where it really CAN'T be played in a reasonable manner...

-Americans are incorrectly counted as foreigners (the first 5 shouldn't be considered foreign) for Toronto FC leaving you with barely enough players to make a squad at the start

-2 AA (i.e. academy) players required in the squad registration, yet none being created EVER, so it's actually impossible to maintain a full squad and keep within the registration rules

-players signing for near minimum contracts...Landon Donovan can be renewed at $24K/year after a couple seasons and everyone is WAY under salary cap as no players seem to want money

but at least we got scouts now!

I know there's no hotfix or update coming here, but is there some kind of workaround for the first two issues, as those really make it near impossible to play MLS?

If there is no way to work around it, can anyone tell me how to get back to 11.2 on steam? MLS wasn't perfect then, but it was more playable than now...especially if you want to manage in Toronto

Is this true? I basically bought this version with the hopes of playing the MLS. Why won't SI ever make a comment one way or the other regarding the MLS?

Is this true? I basically bought this version with the hopes of playing the MLS. Why won't SI ever make a comment one way or the other regarding the MLS?

As far as i know, the MLS is just screwed. Maybe because its rules are very unique to the other footballing nations and thus complicated to implement in the game. and SI are just probably lazy to make sure it works as it should as its only the MLS and there are other more impt bugs.

Ever since I updated to the 11.3 Patch..

When a news article is about one of my players who is on loan to another club, in the right-hand 'related information' collumn, instead of the 'Apps', 'Gls', and 'Av Rat' information being shown, I am simply shown 'Cur A' and 'Pot A', which is actually blank, and has no stars. Is this a bug, or is it intended to do this as an 'improvement' over 11.2? And is there any way for me to reverse this? As having to go onto the players profile to find this information is quite tedious as compared to previous versions.

Also, with certain players from clubs other than my own, the statistics section of their profile at the bottom, which shows the player's appearances, goals, assists, red & yellow cards etc, only seems to show numbers for the Appearances, Goals and Average Rating collumns. Any way to change this back, or is this a bug also?

yup its a bug. you've to pay them £30 next season. the problem fixed. have a nice day!

As far as i know, the MLS is just screwed. Maybe because its rules are very unique to the other footballing nations and thus complicated to implement in the game. and SI are just probably lazy to make sure it works as it should as its only the MLS and there are other more impt bugs.

I think they actually have a dedicated team working only the MLS, and i am sure i read a piece with Miles saying they spend more time on that league than any other because the rules are so hard to impliment. I'm not sticking up for them or anything but i dont think its a case of being lazy when it comes to the MLS.

I think they actually have a dedicated team working only the MLS, and i am sure i read a piece with Miles saying they spend more time on that league than any other because the rules are so hard to impliment. I'm not sticking up for them or anything but i dont think its a case of being lazy when it comes to the MLS.

yea i agree. for now, its best not to play the MLS league as you are going to be very frustrated especially you know the real life rules about MLS and realise there's alot of stuffs which are missing. Better off playing other leagues like the English 1 for now.

The injury rate is too high on 11.3, i had my 4 of my central midfield injure within 2 matches, almost 1/4 of my 1st team squad is down with injuries... never seen so much injuries on 11.2.1

The injury rate is okay in general. You should have a closer look at your training and tactic and also the condition of your players.

Never came across injuries as a problem in FM.

I do occasionally towards the end of the season get players injured in match which cause them to miss a few days or be doubtful for next match. Surely, this is reasonable towards the end of an EPL season with United with the amoutn of games they play and the games coming thick and fast in April.

Just look at United's injury crisis now IRL to reflect this.

i'm using the exactly the same training and tactics for my 11.2.1 on 11.3

Bad luck. It could happend before. The overall figures for injuries are okay and there is no change to prior patches.

Uninstalled for the time being. Getting hit 6 or 7 times every game just isn't right. Worst final patch I can remember.
If things like this are happening every game then you should take some screen shots as evidence then submit it to SI, i do find it hard to believe that you hit the post 6 or 7 times 'every game' though.

Would there be any reason since post patch on saved game why I would have to pay wages to a parent club for players when the clause says I do not have to?

SI claims that's how it works in real life. But there is no one here who can confirm that. So we gotta live with it.

Playing a 3-5-2 and my middle centre back and middle centre mid have changed positions. On the formation screen they are in the correct places but not during the game, and changing roles hasn't helped any. Anyone else have this issue?

e: Nevermind, I'm a moron. Had them swapping position. Carry on.

If things like this are happening every game then you should take some screen shots as evidence then submit it to SI, i do find it hard to believe that you hit the post 6 or 7 times 'every game' though.

i hit 4 times every match ROFL

Playing a 3-5-2 and my middle centre back and middle centre mid have changed positions. On the formation screen they are in the correct places but not during the game, and changing roles hasn't helped any. Anyone else have this issue?

e: Nevermind, I'm a moron. Had them swapping position. Carry on.

You are not. Most people do not catch their own mistakes. :thup:

ok i think its fine working really really well for me, thumbs up

my only gripe ( and barring the demo for fm 08 or 09 i think, i never gripe at this) i seem to be getting alot of injurys, not niggly ones but long term, probably 6 of my best 18 players but other than that its fine

The main things i have noticed

A lack of long range goals or goals from direct free kicks.

Goals seem to be very simple in nature.

My fowards keep hitting the ball straight at the keeper or at the woodwork. The opposition don't seem to have this problem as much.

Extreme winning and losing streaks.

It's the match engine representation,my tactics, or it happens in real life. Time to flip a 3 sided coin.

My fowards keep hitting the ball straight at the keeper or at the woodwork. The opposition don't seem to have this problem as much.

It's the match engine representation,my tactics, or it happens in real life. Time to flip a 3 sided coin.

Long range goals :thup:

DFK's :thup:

not seen this "simple"

get better forwards / it's your tactics

define "extreme"

yes, yes and yes it does!

:)

SI have F****d Fm11 width 11.3, have transformed the game in a demo of 1 year. i never had a crash until now, i have started a lot of savegames and all of them crash in the start of the 2nd season.

If SI don´t fix, i'll never buy another fm. internet rules.

Totally agree with lack of DFK goals, havnt scored one all season and my free kick taker is on 16 in league 1 which is very good. In fact I rarerly even see a highlight of a dfk taken. Im into February and only 5 teams in the league have scored from direct free kicks.

Totally agree with lack of DFK goals, havnt scored one all season and my free kick taker is on 16 in league 1 which is very good. In fact I rarerly even see a highlight of a dfk taken. Im into February and only 5 teams in the league have scored from direct free kicks.

I hate to break it to you sperlz but free kicks aren't scored that often in real life.

Here is a link to the current Premierships stats: http://www.footiegambler.com/2011/01/goal-method-tally-for-each-premiership-club/

You can see from that that currently this season that 77 goals have been scored from both direct & indirect freekicks which works out at an average of 3.85 goals per team.

I don't know for certain but I think its fair to say far more are scored from indirect than direct freekicks so I wouldn't be surprised if a team only scored one or two from direct free kicks all season.

EDIT

Looking at another thread PaulC seems to suggest that overall direct freekicks scored is possibly slightly low but they can't improve it until they incorporate ball physics into the ME in a future version.

Am I just being extremely unfortunate or has the red cards and penalties gone up? I started a new game with 11.3 and in four games I've seen 4 read cards and a few penalties. 3 of the red cards were for me and a couple of penalties. I've never experienced this before.

Is there a new bug with the TV fixtures? I notice in the English Premier league no games are on TV until November 9th when every game is televised. From then on there dosent seem a lot of TV games. Will this have an effect on revenue at clubs? especially if this TV problem is there for other leagues too.

Is there a new bug with the TV fixtures? I notice in the English Premier league no games are on TV until November 9th when every game is televised. From then on there dosent seem a lot of TV games. Will this have an effect on revenue at clubs? especially if this TV problem is there for other leagues too.

apparently it does'nt affect revenues in the premier league, however this has'nt been proven in other leagues. I started a thread on it as I could'nt believe it had been missed by testers. My guess is that it was'nt missed but they just ran out of time to correct it. The most amazing thing is that they are not going to bring out a patch to fix this game, but they are more than happy to encourage you to help them to fix it for Fm12. which no doubt will have shed loads of new bugs and there is no guarantee that it will be bug free by the time the third patch is out for that game. You also get a load of posters on here who think it is ok for them to release an incomplete game and instead of contesting it they encourage it.

apparently it does'nt affect revenues in the premier league, however this has'nt been proven in other leagues. I started a thread on it as I could'nt believe it had been missed by testers. My guess is that it was'nt missed but they just ran out of time to correct it. The most amazing thing is that they are not going to bring out a patch to fix this game, but they are more than happy to encourage you to help them to fix it for Fm12. which no doubt will have shed loads of new bugs and there is no guarantee that it will be bug free by the time the third patch is out for that game.

You seem to want to mislead people sperlz.

In your thread people provided evidence that it did seem to affect finances but over a season it more or less balanced out within acceptable limits.

@ hehehemann

Here is the thread sperlz started: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/258840-Question-to-SI-games. You can read it for yourself and draw your own conclusions.

You seem to want to mislead people sperlz.

In your thread people provided evidence that it did seem to affect finances but over a season it more or less balanced out within acceptable limits.

@ hehehemann

Here is the thread sperlz started: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/258840-Question-to-SI-games. You can read it for yourself and draw your own conclusions.

i agree it did'nt affect revenues in the premier league, but i proved in that thread that it did affect revenue in the conference and also a lot of big matches are not televised which is crap

i agree it did'nt affect revenues in the premier league, but i proved in that thread that it did affect revenue in the conference and also a lot of big matches are not televised which is crap

Well you disappeared but others provided evidence in the thread that it did affect finances of Premier League clubs.

As for big games not being televised well that happens in real life as well - What to you is a big game might not be to other people.

For example I live in the north of England games involving Man Utd, Liverpool & Newcastle Utd are always popular with pubs busy. But on days/nights that the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal & Tottenham are shown nobody is really that bothered and there is a general lack of interest in those matches.

I've seen the comments about players getting too many injuries but is anybody noticing the computer teams are getting lots of injuries too. Most games I play the opposition has to use all his subs because he gets injuries during games, sometimes finishing with 10 men because he has no subs left. This may happen once a season in real life but not every other game

Thanks for the links cougar and the information Sperlz.

I see now its more cosmetic as I dont play in leagues lower than league two. It is however very annoying for those like Sperlz and myself who like to mimic a realistic football world.

Oh well, as no hotfix is going to be released I have truly learnt my lesson from this years FM version. I will not be buying FM12 until its in the budget aisle, third patch is out and hopefully fixed better than this years version has been.

For what its worth I do feel the testers SI has employed are a complete bunch of idiots, constantly missing pretty obvious bugs that the casual players notice almost immediately. SI, its time to take your business model up a level, i know you lot have pretty much no competition against other footy management games but look what its done to you... competition is a good thing, it makes you step up your game!!

Well you disappeared but others provided evidence in the thread that it did affect finances of Premier League clubs.

As for big games not being televised well that happens in real life as well - What to you is a big game might not be to other people.

For example I live in the north of England games involving Man Utd, Liverpool & Newcastle Utd are always popular with pubs busy. But on days/nights that the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal & Tottenham are shown nobody is really that bothered and there is a general lack of interest in those matches.

Wow you are now trying to cover the fact that the bug doesnt show the big games. In my save Man utd v Liverpool is not televised, Everton v Liverpool is not televised. I think its over 10 years since any of these fixtures have not been televised. How can you blatently try to make excuses for this bug. I just dont get the point of you posting on here, its a feedback forum mainly for bugs where people are trying to bring up obvious flaws in the game and you are trying to make it sound like there is no problem there.

Wow you are now trying to cover the fact that the bug doesnt show the big games. In my save Man utd v Liverpool is not televised, Everton v Liverpool is not televised. I think its over 10 years since any of these fixtures have not been televised. How can you blatently try to make excuses for this bug. I just dont get the point of you posting on here, its a feedback forum mainly for bugs where people are trying to bring up obvious flaws in the game and you are trying to make it sound like there is no problem there.

A) I can understand that this "issue" bothers you but you need to understand you are probably in a small minority, most FM users don't really care which matches the little TV logo is next to.

B) The "issue" is mostly cosmetic and whilst there is a financial impact it seems to balance out over a season into acceptable levels.

C) There are far more important bugs that need to be fixed/adjusted/tweaked before this one.

Injuries have been a plague for me too...and I don't do anything silly with the training.

It's funny how the injured players are not old or "phisically fragile",at least in the stats. Ok,I am managing Inter Milan,but I am no Benitez :p

Sneijder out for 8 months,Maicon out for 9 months,2/3 of the other players having injuries which lasted at least a month...what the hell?

Funny how my previous career was with Arsenal,in the EPL where tackling is supposed to be harder,and with players such as Arsenal's who are not as strong phisically. Yet,no complaints at all then :/

Now most games end up with at least 2/3 injuries between the two teams playing.

Is anybody else having red card issues?

In 7 games there has been seven players sent off and in 4 of those games it's been my players with 4 straight reds. I have never seen anything like it and I'm not even counting all the yellows for both sides.

I have one player in my team on hard tackling.

I've played this game since FM05 and it's improved with every year and every patch. I don't see what the huge tantrums are about. in this latest version, my complaints are all cosmetic stuff, like unrealistic news conferences - but they're just cosmetics, barely influences the game at all. the ones that I've noticed are:

- win a game convincingly, losing manager comes out and says "[human manager] is out of his depth" or a similar quote

- manager who plays passing football (eg. Arsene Wenger) criticizes opponents for "trying to pass the ball into the net"

- club asks for high initial loan fee even for a short-term emergency loan (the fee should be smaller, or nonexistent, for a shorter loan IMO - and this was actually my parent club I was trying to loan from)

- making reserve and u-18 teams play your match tactic doesn't seem to work

Archived