11.3 Patch Official Feedback Thread

I don't know for sure but if your database was working in 11.2.1 it should in 11.3

The best way is to save two copies and use one in 11.3 to try it leaving you a backup in case it doesn't work.

Thanks for that, i'll give that a try tonight!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just have to say: this is a great patch.

I harshly critized the game after release as you can see here...

I don't feel the football in FM11. I like all the new features and everything else, but you went somewhere off into the wrong direction with the 3D Matchengine. At least from my viewpoint. Besides that the goalies suck at what they do. Every shot at a goal which is aimed a little better is a goal - this is boring. Or the ball beams into the arms of the goalie - this is on the other hand unrealistic.

I watch every 3D match in full length. This costs me an enourmous amount if time, but in FM10 this is time well spent. In FM11 I can't stand it. Out of desparation I downloaded the FIFA Manager 11 demo, but it's the same %&%$# as 5 years ago. So I'm playing FM10 again.

and regarding the answers I got from SI as you can see here...

I can't even begin to tell you how incorrect some of that stuff is, your impression of the game is not one of fact.

I never thought I would like FM11, but credit where credit's due: 11.3 rocks! The 3D Match finally looks like football. It really looks now like the game I fell in love with last year. And the transfer engine got fixed - perfect!

Thank you very much, SI. I don't like Byteshield - but your game is really a game of the year again!

Try verifying your skin cache. To do so, right click on the FM 11 icon and then select: Properties -> Local files -> Verify integrity of game cache.

Hey thanks for the response

Ive done that and its says 26 files failed to validate. Steam downloaded the required files but im still having the same issue.

I never thought I would like FM11, but credit where credit's due: 11.3 rocks! The 3D Match finally looks like football. It really looks now like the game I fell in love with last year. And the transfer engine got fixed - perfect!

Thank you very much, SI. I don't like Byteshield - but your game is really a game of the year again!

Yeah, the match engine is really, really solid. Or smooth. Or any other word with positive connotations. Great stuff SI, a good game will probably be a great game now.

Injuries in the db from the start of the season are always left in for all updates.

I am starting a game on 11.3 with Olympique de Marseille and Azpilicueta is injured untill the end of the season whereas he got injured end of November IRL.

I should start with Azpi fit as he was at the beggining of the season.

Any reason why Azpilicueta is out for the season at the start of the save on 11.3 ?

is any complaints here will ever gonna get a fix in fm11 ?

or we just doing it for fun, waiting for fm12 ?

yes i think we do it for fun, we're the betatester? no? if i could remember in the last few pages there is no hotfix. so we've to wait till FM2012. nice :thup:

Okay, so I've tried reproducing this and failed. Before the start of the English Premier League, the fixtures appear as though they will all be played on a Saturday at 3 o'clock. However, after playing through till around October, I noticed matches were re-arranged appropriately for TV kick off times/days since the start of the season. Can people please confirm that there are actually no matches played at Saturday mid-day, late afternoon, Sundays, and Monday nights in their save games?

My post from earlier.

Im now in January (first season) and there has been TV matches since the start of the season. They are definately not correct though. For a start EVERY game on Boxing Day was on TV. Half at I think 3, and the other half at 5:30. Also im Man Utd and none of my big games are on TV. No Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea. Just the likes of Wigan, Blackburn, Stoke, WBA.

Also the games on TV are the normal times you would expect them to be. But like ive said, none of the big games are on TV (at least not this save anyway).

Hello,

i've installed 11.3, i'm on steam, and a good thing i've read on the news of the patch was:

- Allowed user to offer terms to players who aren't interested in joining team but at least have a minimal chance of being able to be bribed by excessive wage offers.

but unfortunally, it ain't working as you can see on my screenshot:

bugyv.png

so, what's wrong here??

what skin is this?

It was supossed my Barcelona B team buy players??? in the winter transfer they bought 3 players!

There is no option to tick or untick to allow B teams to buy players...

...and Luis Enrique fines and don't put players in first team and they come to me wanting explanations LOL

Or you give total autonomy to B teams or you don't give it at all...

bug??? lol

the problem is exactly what you did, "save game", you should have used "save game AS", you did overwrite your old save.

if you have your auto save method selected to "auto in 3 files", you can go and load to an older part of your game, if not, there's nothing no one can do.

You make me sound like an idiot, why in the name of the gods should "save game" automatically overwrite a totally different savegame ? it should either:

a) ask for a name, or

b) save as "Untitled game"

as for the auto saving part, my bad.

New Patch same problems as far as i'm concerned!!!!!

Strikers still miss when it's easier to score. Now i know that my players are not world-class with finishing of 11. But any striker still has the instinct of knowing where the goal is. My players are still missing chances

The opp winger crosses the ball into the box but the centrebacks still stand around doing nothing and allow the ball to travel across the box to the striker to score a tap-in. Why?

I hoped this new patch would put a stop to my players just standing off the opposition and allowing them to pass me to death. And it's so frustating to see a team like swansea, to be able to pass the ball around as if they are bacelona when they are clearly not. But in FM this happens quite alot. Anyone agree or am i completely wrong here? Thanks

Hey thanks for the response

Ive done that and its says 26 files failed to validate. Steam downloaded the required files but im still having the same issue.

I've got exactly the same 26 file problem and I suspect, if it's like mine, if you try verifying it again it will tell you the 26 files are still damaged even after it has re downloaded them.

I'm thinking of reinstalling:mad:

New Patch same problems as far as i'm concerned!!!!!

Strikers still miss when it's easier to score. Now i know that my players are not world-class with finishing of 11. But any striker still has the instinct of knowing where the goal is. My players are still missing chances

The opp winger crosses the ball into the box but the centrebacks still stand around doing nothing and allow the ball to travel across the box to the striker to score a tap-in. Why?

I hoped this new patch would put a stop to my players just standing off the opposition and allowing them to pass me to death. And it's so frustating to see a team like swansea, to be able to pass the ball around as if they are bacelona when they are clearly not. But in FM this happens quite alot. Anyone agree or am i completely wrong here? Thanks

I have none of these problems you mention, if anything it's my team that are playing like Barca not the opposition. I think the Me is "too good" as I haven't lost a match since patch (17 unbeaten, 16 wins... lots of goals!)

Found a reasonably major bug- conversation reactions are not showing up iin personal sections of players. I've had players get angry and the 'pr' appear but nothing appears when i click on them.

Also, I have subscribed to numerous leagues and the information is barely coming through, absolutely no round-ups.

Addiitionally, when a manager is under pressure it does not say it in his profile anymore.

These things were all in the game prior to patch

Getting a lot more injuries. Using the default training, low workload for match preparation and I have 8 first team players out at the moment. They are always getting injured during matches due to tackles from the opposing team. Frustrating.

One thing i will say for this patch, finally the game is recognising that fouling your striker from behind after hes skinned the defense is an automatic red. Well done for that, it used to get right on my tits to see strikers getting floored when they were clear and on for a goal.

The main thing I looked forward to on 11.3 was the removal of the Custom:custom:custom string that attaches itself to my custom squad view (I am easily pleased). But guess what, it hasnt changed at all! Perhaps I am expected to recreate my custom views all over again and hope and pray they dont go wrong again. Not sure I can be ar$ed to be honest! To sum up I thought 11.2 was OK, playable but a bit bugged, certainly my fave FM to date but even now after 11.3 it doesnt have the charm of CM0102. A shame Im so hooked on those damn 22 dots! The extraordinary delay in the launch of 11.3 (which I trust will be an improvement overall on 11.2) has left me with a "dont mind if I play, dont mind if I dont feeling.

also ive found that when agents are offering me players, there used to be an option to "scout player" so you could see if its actually worth taking up the agents offer. now that button is gone. i know you can still click the player and scout him but just seems it was a very standard easy option that has now gone....

I'm not trawling through this whole thread to check, but, when I try to change a players individual instructions during a match ie: less long shots, more forward runs, it changes the whole squads individual instructions. Any ideas what is causing this?

Just a quick question, does this new patch affect saved games or will they still run on 11.2 ?
For about the 5 billionth time, YES

.......... it says in the patch notes the patch is save compatable ............

whyamiwastingmytime?tenminutesfromnowsomeoneelsewontreadthethreadorthenotesandlaskthesamequestion

We've been looking at the issue, and will reply as soon as we have something more to say about this issue. Thanks for your patience.

Having read through this thread, and with comments like this and similar from SI staff, are they looking into things with a view to fixing issues for FM12 or does it seem there is going to be a hotfix patch or 11.4? Has there been any indication of these

This is definitely a problem in the lower leagues. I recently started a Chippenham Town save for the DFC. Even with the assistant box checked there are hundreds of free staff on the list. They ARE willing to sign for me (which is probably why they still appear), but their wage demands are 2x or more what I can actually offer, so they are really unrealistic targets. However, the assistant box doesn't seem to take into considering their wage demands. As a result, you still have to manually go through hundreds of people individually which is very time consuming. Of the 900+, there were probably only 50 max who were both will to sign and that I could afford.

A workaround I found was to filter by reputation, but you will miss out on the very best possible candidates as they will be intermixed in the reputation group that has lots who will sign, but for wages you cant afford.

I'd say the wage problem is actually realistic.

How would you know what somebody wants if you don't go and speak to them? Your assistant is showing you assistant managers whose reputation is about that of your club, who are unemployed or employed but with a suitable release fee. How is he meant to find out what wage they want? Go and contact every single one?

also ive found that when agents are offering me players, there used to be an option to "scout player" so you could see if its actually worth taking up the agents offer. now that button is gone. i know you can still click the player and scout him but just seems it was a very standard easy option that has now gone....

Who are you playing as?

If its a small club there is the chance that the player is in a country that you can't actually scout.

For us American's who play the MLS, partly to support out hometown teams, and secondly because of the challenge all the roster and financial limits restricts give us, cannot play an MLS season under the new patch.

The roster restrictions enforce a minimum of 2 academy apprentices....only problem is, no team has an academy apprentices on contract.....So you cannot register your squad and therefore play a season...

The MLS was took a lot of compromise to reality and wrangling to work under the old patches, but under 11.3 it is not even playable!

Hot Fix Please!

For us American's who play the MLS, partly to support out hometown teams, and secondly because of the challenge all the roster and financial limits restricts give us, cannot play an MLS season under the new patch.

The roster restrictions enforce a minimum of 2 academy apprentices....only problem is, no team has an academy apprentices on contract.....So you cannot register your squad and therefore play a season...

The MLS was took a lot of compromise to reality and wrangling to work under the old patches, but under 11.3 it is not even playable!

Hot Fix Please!

Is anyone else getting this??

Patch is really good in my opinion but, in my newly started game, Turkish Premier Division turned into Turkish Hospital Divison. Every team has at least 5 injured players and I'm not counting flu or that kinda daily thing as an injury. At a point my team had 13 injured players that inclued 7 of my first eleven :)

This is not every fix that went into the editor, not all changes are in this list. There is a disclaimer in the change list stating this. Some of the fixes are also done in the game not the editor itself.
*Please remember not every single fix which has been made in this patch will be included in this changelist. We've tried to put in as much as possible but there will be exceptions. Thanks.

thats at the bottom of the changelist, calm down

Now that people have had the time to check the bugs that were reported check the editor bug section and see what's happening... most used words in this section is "still not fixed in 11.3"

Peter Taylor is still at Bradford in the game, he quit in real life.

Also why do most of the "Quick tactics" make no difference to the actual game. You can set to "Get stuck in!" and even change your tactics to press more and they'll still just stand off and let them run past.

Yeah, the match engine is really, really solid. Or smooth. Or any other word with positive connotations. Great stuff SI, a good game will probably be a great game now.

Exactly. The more I play, the more I love it. The last patch and they finally got it right. I'm really happy now.

I don't think Oporto would have any chance at singing any player of Real MAdrid, tbh...

i won the last two champions league, and world club cup's, i'm the richest club in the world, and number one rank in uefa, so, i think that shouldn't not apply.

The patch has tweaked the ME so therefore you might have to tweak your tactics to get them working properly again.

I haven't touched my tactics but since the patch I've been invincible, (played 20, w19 d 1) which just goes to show that all those times folk were shouting at me "it's your tactics!" you were all wrong cos it was the effin MATCH ENGINE! :p

Archived