11.3 Patch Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello

I downloaded the patch to a flash drive on internet an connected laptop then copied it my hard disk of my main pc I double clicked on the patch to start the update program. It starts but I get the following message

I have placed a screenshot of the error on you ftp site

ftp://ftp.sigames.com/fm/game-screenshots/Farhans's 11.30 install error.jpg

Appears what do you suggest the problem is.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours

Farhan

I just lost my 11-seasons savegame because of a bug.. i think:

Started a new game to check out database changes etc.. anyway, after checking out some teams and players before choosing a team for my manager i chose "Save game.." because i was going to return to my main save, but wanted to have a "quick start" for 11.3 available for later.

Loading my old save now takes me back to the start screen of the aforementioned loaded 11.3 db-game... totally heartbroken and gutted. Combating serious wristslitting-thoughts atm :(

Is this a known bug? i am one hundred percent sure pressed "Save game" and not "save game as..."

Got to re-install FM because i did a restore recovery on my laptop because a folder wasn't opening for me which was back dated to 4th March which means i didn't have the 11.3 patch but Steam still thinks i have it on my laptop which i don't when i went to load up the Arsenal game it told me it was unavailable so just seeing if this will work for me by re-install and maybe i'll redownload the update then should be sorted. Must be the new patch though because the other saves load without any problems.

Is this something which should work for me?

Started a new game to check out database changes etc.. anyway, after checking out some teams and players before choosing a team for my manager i chose "Save game.." because i was going to return to my main save, but wanted to have a "quick start" for 11.3 available for later.

Loading my old save now takes me back to the start screen of the aforementioned loaded 11.3 db-game... totally heartbroken and gutted. Combating serious wristslitting-thoughts atm :(

Is this a known bug? i am one hundred percent sure pressed "Save game" and not "save game as..."

If you did not give your save a unique name "save game" will always overwrite the latest save. Why did you not select "incremental saves"? That way you would have at least two other saves from your Original game. And the other question is why did you not backup your save on a external disk?

Only thing I've come across so far is that when I'm buying a free player, the contracts they all want is a youth contract on 55p/w, regardless whether their 18 or 35. The only upside is that my wage total will be mega low :p

Any ideas?

bug??? lol

the problem is exactly what you did, "save game", you should have used "save game AS", you did overwrite your old save.

if you have your auto save method selected to "auto in 3 files", you can go and load to an older part of your game, if not, there's nothing no one can do.

my Lappy is 3 years old so I realise its far from modern(although it was top end of the market onpurhase) HOWEVER 11.2 ranwell if at times slowly with lots of leagues running, but I never had instances where it stopped responding,now with 11.3 its constantly comes up not responding and I have to end via task manager, Im on steam so not sure if I can roll back although would love to dearly. Clearly I have major concerns over buying FM12 right now

I Don't know if this belongs here or the bugs thread, bur I'm facing a crash problem woth my long time save. It happened after the patch.

I have the game saved in 6th of January in 2030, clock points at 23:00. So when I click continue, game crashes.

Started a new game, unemployed, reputation as an international footballer (Roger Milla) and I can't get a job, not even in the second divisions (Liga Adelante, Championship, 2.Bundesliga and Italian Serie B). My manager has continental rep, I apply to every position on those leagues and above and nothing happens!

Stopped playing shortly after 11.2, didn't like what I saw in the ME and the lack of fixes to US salary issues.

After reading the patch notes however I sounds like a lot of key items were addressed. So that's excellent. Now I'm going to start playing again and see how the fixes actually turned out.

One thing i have noticed on 10.3 is there are a hell of alot more transfers at the start of the game compared to 10.2.

Just started in the Championship, and alot of players have been snapped up by Premier League teams.

Also alot of teams in the Championship are buying, Qpr have made about 7 signings already and Middlesbrough have bought a few including 2.9 million for Danny Collins. :shocked:

I've had alot of bids/enquiries for my players too, which i rarely got on 10.2 when i first started a save. [Norwich keep bidding for Easton, which i keep rejecting and everytime i do i'm getting his agent asking for a better deal for him and then Easton getting unhappy because i rejected the request. I wouldn't mind but it's happening every 2-3 days when Norwich keep coming back with another offer.]

I just started a network game with Inter vs AC Milan, and we both have friendlies with Barcelona and Valencia .... kindda of a sloppy patch... I hope SI will come up with fixes soon :p

Why? Is this a real issue? Could be just coincidence.

So many issues reported, but I couldn't experience none. LOL!!! Just one error to report, the current manager for Sporting CP is not Paulo Sergio anymore, but Jose Couceiro. Other than that... Good work SI.

I Don't know if this belongs here or the bugs thread, bur I'm facing a crash problem woth my long time save. It happened after the patch.

I have the game saved in 6th of January in 2030, clock points at 23:00. So when I click continue, game crashes.

Could you post a thread this the relevant details in it on the bugs forum section please? We'll also need you to upload that save game, for which the instructions on how to do so are at the top of the bugs forum.

Cheers.

Nationality "macedonian" replaced with "FYROM" Why !??

In all Football Managers the nationality whas "macedonian", coutry name "FYROM"... Why now you change the nationality name :(

Is that not the correct name, the Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia?

EDIT; actually just noticed you are from FYROM/Macedonia

I am getting the same thing with Suarez, but not any other player.

Must be a bug with Suarez :(

It's only showing league apps and league goals stat, nothing else

Odd that this should happen specifically with Suarez and Luiz. Perhaps one of you could raise this issue in the bugs forum? Cheers.

Yes... i can't choose "macedonian" ... only FYROM :(

The save file's form 11.2 in manager personal tab, my nationality is "macedonian"

Can't say I have that problem here, it still reads 'Macedonian'. Are you running an edited DB maybe?

The first thing the new patch did was send 3 clubs after my youth team coach. Despite the fact that hes been with the club for years and years and was an important cog in the machine it seems that he can be poached away and theres not a damn thing i can do about it. Im not amused tbh. Is there any way i can defend myself against this? sure i get "compensation" but i didnt want it i would have preferred he see out his contract.

Looks like you accidently saved the new game over the 11 season game, you stuffed up. Damn what a pity !

The first thing the new patch did was send 3 clubs after my youth team coach. Despite the fact that hes been with the club for years and years and was an important cog in the machine it seems that he can be poached away and theres not a damn thing i can do about it. Im not amused tbh. Is there any way i can defend myself against this? sure i get "compensation" but i didnt want it i would have preferred he see out his contract.

Offer him a new contract. They usually agree to stay then. Though I agree that it's ridiculous that members of staff will never refuse an offer to go elsewhere.

Odd that this should happen specifically with Suarez and Luiz. Perhaps one of you could raise this issue in the bugs forum? Cheers.

I have the same at Bayern. Some players don't have full stats shown.

Looked at the list of fixes and I think I'll pass on the patch for now. The only fix I care about is the home grown status bug. But I guess I can do without it until I start a new game. Don't want to mess things up now that I'm already in 2020. Too bad there isn't a way to try 11.3 and go back to 11.2 if I don't like it.

Tutoring.. It appears that a "cooldown" has been addded. If it was there before then im sure i didnt notice it, but i have to ask why? If the cooldown is really needed then why not add a continue option, or even make it a season long thing. I really cant see a good reason to prevent a senior player tutoring a youngster "because this option has been used recently" is just.... dull.

Tutoring.. It appears that a "cooldown" has been addded. If it was there before then im sure i didnt notice it, but i have to ask why? If the cooldown is really needed then why not add a continue option, or even make it a season long thing. I really cant see a good reason to prevent a senior player tutoring a youngster "because this option has been used recently" is just.... dull.

Can you expand on that? There always been a cooldown of sorts.. but with 11.2 they changed it so a tutor can only instruct a youngster once... one shot deal.

So this doesn't sound like anything new to me, unless something changed after I stopped playing 11.2

Can you expand on that? There always been a cooldown of sorts.. but with 11.2 they changed it so a tutor can only instruct a youngster once... one shot deal.

Not really, but are you sure about the once thing? I honestly cant remember but im pretty sure i have made the same player tutor twice. And why shouldnt it happen? Understudys can go on for years in football cant they ?

• Administrators
Looked at the list of fixes and I think I'll pass on the patch for now. The only fix I care about is the home grown status bug. But I guess I can do without it until I start a new game. Don't want to mess things up now that I'm already in 2020. Too bad there isn't a way to try 11.3 and go back to 11.2 if I don't like it.

'Save As' your game now as whatever it is 11.2 - then patch up to 11.3, load your other save in that and carry it on. You'll always have the 11.2 only game to eventually go back to.

thats always happened mate. no coaches have any loyalty no matter how long they've been at your club. you just have to make sure you offer them a contract to stop them going

There is. Back-up your current save game then install the new patch and play it. If you like it carry on. If not then just uninstall the whole game then re-install and patch upto 11.2 then move your backed-up save game back and carry on as if you hadn't wasted the last 15mins...

I hope the messed up cup draws aren't back...

I'm in 2016/7 using Uncle Ron's level 8 download. The FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round has thrown up a lot of ties where clubs are in a close locality. Here is the full draw as it came out (post replays), my team in bold.

Horsham v Yeovil

Salisbury v Havant & Waterlooville

Fanrborough v Welling

Woking v Aldershot

Tiverton v Swindon Supermarine

Newport County v Sutton

Hayes & Yeading v Forest Green

Dorchester v AFC Halifax

Shepshed v Cheltenham

Walton Casuals v Brackley

Woodford v Bath

Margate v Worcester

Cambridge City v Cambridge United

Rushden & Diamonds v Corby

Burton v AFC Telford

Mansfield v Tamworth

Wrexham v Newcastle Town

Harlow v Alfreton

Altrincham v Northwich

Curzon Ashton v Gainsborough

Droylsden v Stockport

FC United v Glossop

Accrington v Stocksbridge

Colwyn Bay v FC Halifax

York v Lancaster

Histon v Chelmsford

Grays v Dagenham & Redbridge

Braintree v Haverhill

Thurrock v VCD Athletic

Ebbsfleet v Canvey Island

Horsham YMCA v Tonbridge

Lewes v Ossett Albion

By my reckoning, only Lewes v Ossett features a team from the South playing a team from the North and a lot of those fixtures seem to be local matches, some local derbies.

Archived