2 tactics to conquer your league and CL on 8.0.2 (4-4-2 and Counter)

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a side note, mates, in a match you are slightly favourites, you start with Counter tac as usual, but if the first half finishes with a draw, turn to 4-4-2 in the second half. You should win a match for which you are favourites anyway icon_smile.gif

So anyone won the CL? Playing Counter away and 4-4-2 at home, you can easily reach to the final (of course i assume you have a good team) , i wonder anyone achieved this yet?

I did.

Season 10/11 - Treble (Premiership, League Cup & CL) icon_biggrin.gif

Season 11/12 - Double (Premiership & CL) icon_cool.gif

been using both tactics for the last few days with my beloved Dundee Utd in the SPL and on a 14 match unbeaten run (which is pretty good considering I've played both Rangers and Celtic twice in that period) sitting third pretty good, effective especially if you have a flexible 11 whilst in a game. My forwards for example are one out and out striker and a AM/FC so allows flexibility for changing to 4-1-4-1 counter.

Best tactic I've used so far.

One criticism is that I concede a lot of goals but I'm trying to get a new keeper so hopefully that sorts it out.

Originally posted by CAnthe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So anyone won the CL? Playing Counter away and 4-4-2 at home, you can easily reach to the final (of course i assume you have a good team) , i wonder anyone achieved this yet?

I did.

Season 10/11 - Treble (Premiership, League Cup & CL) icon_biggrin.gif

Season 11/12 - Double (Premiership & CL) icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats cool, mate icon_smile.gif

hmmm

I have a nasty feeling that the AI has changed their tactic and approach automatically. Coz I've already lost three times (Arsenal, West Brom & Newcastle; all away match) already before December.

Whats your thought Polat ?

hmmm

I have a nasty feeling that the AI has changed their tactic and approach automatically. Coz I've already lost three times (Arsenal, West Brom & Newcastle; all away match) already before December.

Whats your thought Polat ?

With Counter (4-5-1)? i just cant believe it.. Are you only using that tactics?

nope.

Counter first and then 4-4-2 as the opponents always score first....... this approach used to work well in the previous 2 seasons..

I've also bought in Aguero who should suit the 451 perfectly but he is not scoring as he should be...

not actually struggling in the league now but the gap btw me (2nd) and Arsenal are getting bigger (currently 6 points with same amount of games played.)

tactic is awesome went whole season wiv liverpool without getting beat also won fa cup and got to semis of champs league , however second season using this and 4-4-2 isnt working as well its conceding more goals and counter isnt working against the big clubs

Posted 24 March 2008 18:41 tactic is awesome went whole season wiv liverpool without getting beat also won fa cup and got to semis of champs league , however second season using this and 4-4-2 isnt working as well its conceding more goals and counter isnt working against the big clubs

Same happened to me as well..

THats interesting, i am in the middle of my second season with Valencia and everything is still going well..Now there reamins two possibilty:

1) AI rearranged its approach although i dont give a chance since you use 2 tacs together ..

2) Your players' attributes (maybe defenders) declined icon_biggrin.gif which i dont give a chance, too. i am sure you would be aware of that if happened. icon_smile.gif

nope.

Counter first and then 4-4-2 as the opponents always score first....... this approach used to work well in the previous 2 seasons..

I've also bought in Aguero who should suit the 451 perfectly but he is not scoring as he should be...

not actually struggling in the league now but the gap btw me (2nd) and Arsenal are getting bigger (currently 6 points with same amount of games played.)

I'm Dundee Utd and always start with 4-4-2 and I always seem to take the lead even against Celtic and Rangers away then I switch to counter when I score I finish most games with 3 goals and I've just been on a 14 match unbeaten run. Although it has unfortunatly been ended and I've lost two on the bounce.

I'll also mention the fact that during that run my teams morale according to my assistant was rock bottom throughout. so I can't wait for them to be happy.

Just finished my first season using these tactics.

I am Liverpool.

Finished 4th in the league.

Semis of F.A Cup

First knockout stage of Champs League.

First round of league Cup. (with reserve team)

Strange season but very realistic I suppose. Could not beat the big three for love nor money. Lost or drew with them in every fixture. Reason I came 4th I suppose. Tied on points witht the Arse. Chelsea won league and F.A cup.

Can't wait for the next season to see how it turns out.

Guys you know even Mourinho couldnt keep it up after winning 2 EPL titles with Chelsea,at the beginning of this season Chelsea had started to get bad results until he was sacked. icon_biggrin.gif So resign, give yourself a short break, then take over another big team like Mourinho will this summer icon_biggrin.gif

Just finished my first season using these tactics.

I am Liverpool.

Finished 4th in the league.

Semis of F.A Cup

First knockout stage of Champs League.

First round of league Cup. (with reserve team)

Strange season but very realistic I suppose. Could not beat the big three for love nor money. Lost or drew with them in every fixture. Reason I came 4th I suppose. Tied on points witht the Arse. Chelsea won league and F.A cup.

Can't wait for the next season to see how it turns out.

Do you watch the game with key highlights? I ask as I started a game with Liverpool and Gerrard seems to run through the middle and smash the ball from long range quite alot seems successful and quite like real life. Just wondered if you had noticed. Only played 5 games drew with wigan 2-2 beat Sunderland 5-0 and Toulouse 1-0 away. Will report back at end of season.

If playing as Liverpool I take it you should use the counter against the other big three and in european away games to good teams?

Ha! Beat Aston Villa in the cup with Leeds! 2-1 after extra time. Started off with counter, went down 0-1 before half time, then I switched to 442 and got a goal during the second half and in the first part of extra time. Awesome!

i am newcastle and the counter tactic is working very well for me, i find it works very well against the better teams but is very inconsistant against lower oposition e.g i beat AC Milan 2-0 in the Eufa cup final and had beaten chelsea and Man U to get there, but then the week after i lost 2-0 to sheffield ????

Originally posted by LeGeNd-UK:

i am newcastle and the counter tactic is working very well for me, i find it works very well against the better teams but is very inconsistant against lower oposition e.g i beat AC Milan 2-0 in the Eufa cup final and had beaten chelsea and Man U to get there, but then the week after i lost 2-0 to sheffield ????

i dont understand, were Sheffield favourites against you?! Or you were only slight fav? Otherwise you should definitely play 4-4-2 against them, i assume they are much weaker than you..

Tactics still doing great for me - always use the counter tactic as I have the worst team in the league. Just wondering though... my DMC often gets bad ratings... anyone else have this? The whole team get's 7's or 8's etc, but he nearly always gets a 6?

Originally posted by Coxy100:

Tactics still doing great for me - always use the counter tactic as I have the worst team in the league. Just wondering though... my DMC often gets bad ratings... anyone else have this? The whole team get's 7's or 8's etc, but he nearly always gets a 6?

Because his mission is too simple, win tackles, cut the opp. attacks, simply defending. He rarely gets chances to make assists or score..

Hi, I have tried this tactic with Crewe and Coventry and not really had much luck. Seems to be good at home but no luck away. They seem to camp in my half and usually lose by 2 or 3. Have done exactly as you say with regards to the odds and picking what formation. As all tactics though it helps if you have the players to fit the positions. So will keep trying and see what happens.

Originally posted by Jack Edwards:

Brilliant so far!

I was wolves, went 1-0 up at 75 mins, they scored off a corner at 85 mins, I thought it was over, i bought on Matt Jarvis and guess what? 96 Minuites we broke away and he put it away.

2-1!

Anyways, BRILL

Thanks mate for your compliment icon_smile.gif It is nice to hear it from you since you are a legend for me for your great Winning tactics in the 8.0.1 .

Originally posted by reo19uk:

Yeah polat_dgn the reason I think there maybe summet wrong with my team instructions is because i changed them for a different set of tactics so jsut wondering what the default 1s are

Ok, mate, you had wanted the screenshots of team instructions, here you are :

Counter(4-5-1):

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/7668/valenciacfsadvalenciatafl5.png

4-4-2:

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/3627/valenciacfsadvalenciataiu5.png

PS: Of course, Jack, that would be great but i am afraid i wouldnt be able to test them nowadays since i am really busy at work.

Looking at the individual player instructions (on the 4-4-2) I noticed one of the strikers is instructed to swap positions with the other striker. Yet that other striker isn't set up to swap as well. Does that make sense? So surely you would end up with the two forwards in the same area of the pitch?

Is this intentional, or just something that happened on my game?

Originally posted by neilb242:

Looking at the individual player instructions (on the 4-4-2) I noticed one of the strikers is instructed to swap positions with the other striker. Yet that other striker isn't set up to swap as well. Does that make sense? So surely you would end up with the two forwards in the same area of the pitch?

Is this intentional, or just something that happened on my game?

No, you dont need to set both strikers swap positions with another. Doing it in only one of them does the job. i just forgot setting it in both anyway icon_biggrin.gif

what a discovery this little tactic is!!!

having steered hamilton accies to mid-table security in the first season with different tactics, i've started my 2nd season with your effort polat_dgn...

first 14 games in scottish div 1, the scottish league cup and the scottish league challenge cup have yielded 11 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats (one of which was my fault because of some stupid substtutions!!)

am in the final of the challenge cup, have got aberdeen in the next round of the league cup and am sitting nicely in 3rd in div 1 after a quarter of the season....

cheers very much polat_dgn, you have transformed my team!!!!

Am a little confused at the moment!!!

I'm now 10 games into my new premiership season and am 4th in the league with games in hand which can take me to the top of the league!

I am scoring like never before but what I cant undestand is the amount of goals im conceding!!! With those 10 games played I have conceded 19 goals also in my first round of the League cup I lost 5-2.

Can you explain why I'm conceding so many goals or what I can do to concede less?

I'm certainly not slating the tactics as these tactics are really seeming to win me more matches but the amount of goals I am conceeding is beginning to worry me!! I presume this is something that I am doing wrong as a lot of others have reported conceding a lot less goals!!! Any advice would be wondeful! Cheers!

Am a little confused at the moment!!!

I'm now 10 games into my new premiership season and am 4th in the league with games in hand which can take me to the top of the league!

I am scoring like never before but what I cant undestand is the amount of goals im conceding!!! With those 10 games played I have conceded 19 goals also in my first round of the League cup I lost 5-2.

Can you explain why I'm conceding so many goals or what I can do to concede less?

I'm certainly not slating the tactics as these tactics are really seeming to win me more matches but the amount of goals I am conceeding is beginning to worry me!! I presume this is something that I am doing wrong as a lot of others have reported conceding a lot less goals!!! Any advice would be wondeful! Cheers!

i think the main problem is your defenders or goalkeeper. Until you find better ones, try this:

Use opposition instructions, mate. Tight marking, hard tackles, close down always to your opponents' strikers and best attacking midfielder if they have. i think this can solve the problem, at least for the Counter.

hi

great tatic set , i find i use counter more because the 4-4-2 can leak goals , i just played chelsea at home using the counter as arsenal and beat them 8-2 icon_eek.gif

i think the 4-4-2 is good but more for very easy teams playing at home , the only thing is i would prefer to use the 4-4-2 more if it was a bit more secure in defence

Originally posted by gunnermitch:

hi

great tatic set , i find i use counter more because the 4-4-2 can leak goals , i just played chelsea at home using the counter as arsenal and beat them 8-2 icon_eek.gif

i think the 4-4-2 is good but more for very easy teams playing at home , the only thing is i would prefer to use the 4-4-2 more if it was a bit more secure in defence

i think the only solution to this is signing better defenders and you can also try opp. instructions. i have no doubt that 4-4-2 is one of the best attacking tactics around here, especially a great tacs for die hard 4-4-2 fans like me icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by polat_dgn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnermitch:

hi

i think the only solution to this is signing better defenders and you can also try opp. instructions. i have no doubt that 4-4-2 is one of the best attacking tactics around here, especially a great tacs for die hard 4-4-2 fans like me icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well im happy with gallas and toure , i think it just needs a bit of time i used it a while ago against reading at home and beat them 4-0, ive got to say you have 2 very good tatic sets here , i even been called a tatical genius in the media

Can you tell me which stats I need to be looking at for my goalkeeper and for my defenders wehn im signing? also how high should they be

Defenders(CB,fullbacks):

Anticipation,Concentration,Marking,Tackling,Positioning should be at least 16, (Heading & Strenght optional but would be better if > 16)

Goalkeeper: All GK stats + anticipation and concentration .

This is my current team if theres anything you can suggest for replacement that would be gud!

my.php?image=teammo5.jpg

As you say, goalkeepers and defenders are your weakest links, mate icon_smile.gif

My suggestions:

GK: Agliardi, Lloris, Neuer

CB: Barzagli, Vermaelan (i dont remember the exact name, he is Dutch), Cahais, Leandro Rinaudo (palermo), Alexis

LB: Taiwo, Armand

RB: Clerc, Alexis, Zaccardo

Archived