Patch status updates

While I'm still not happy about the wait, I wanted to give SI some credit for the thread telling us exactly what's going on. It makes the wait a hell of a lot more bearable and it's good to know that our feedback about the patching process has been taken on board.

Second that, it's a good thing that they have listened to our complains about the lack of communication on earlier updates.

And that the patch takes a bit longer is fine by me, as I can still polish my Dutch 6th tier database and start a new game next week :)

It also makes the forum a lot better aswsell. Now if people make a patch thread, rather than just say, 'we dont know when its out, keep checking the forums', and then the OP going on a big rant about why its taking so long, we can now either link to the thread or tell them a more detailed answer ourselves.

If only they did this from the start. It would have saved a hell of a lot of trouble.

People just love to moan most of the time that is the problem but it is nice to see a positive thread about the patch. Si are doing a good job I think they don't want the same things happening that happened with the first 2 patchs.

Yes, that Thread was the best idea that SI could have had imo. It could be a little bit more reg updated but hey, its better than nothing!

Right now, i dont really mind the waiting ... it could take anohter 4 weeks... if that means that the Game will be the best ever!!! :D

No matter what it is you'll always get more moaners than praisers but it is good customer service to let the forum know how the patch is progressing etc. As said before SI provide these patches out for free so for those who moan just be patient or is that a swear word..............?!!

I dont understand why they havent done this earlier despite it being said every single year for every single patch and game release. It doesnt take a genius to work out that its the best possible option to:

a) keep everybody informed,

b) cut down the pointless patch threads,

c) cut down the constant bickering

Their argument for not doing it was because they said if they gave dates and they didnt stick, there would be uproar. But theres uproar anyway by giving absolutely no info so theres nothing to lose. And its not like any dates have to be given either. Just info on how its coming along like Miles has started doing. Its about time they listened and stopped treating the customers like 5 year old children that cant handle a bit of info.

I dont understand why they havent done this earlier despite it being said every single year for every single patch and game release. It doesnt take a genius to work out that its the best possible option to:

Their argument for not doing it was because they said if they gave dates and they didnt stick, there would be uproar. But theres uproar anyway by giving absolutely no info so theres nothing to lose. And its not like any dates have to be given either. Just info on how its coming along like Miles has started doing. Its about time they listened and stopped treating the customers like 5 year old children that cant handle a bit of info.

Because they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. Early into the development of the patch they will have had very little idea of when it would be ready. At that point they would have had a deadline in mind, but would have been well aware that it would have to be movable.

So what do you think would happen if early on Miles, or anyone from SI stated that they were aiming for a certain date for the patch? As that date approaches people are on the forums starting threads about how excited they are about the patch, but when the patch isn't released then they go crazy anyway. Deadlines are so tight that it culd be only the day before release that an issue is found that will delay the patch for who knows how long.

Perhaps the first time or even the second time this happens people will be ok if they've been kept up to date in a stickied thread. But how long before people start complaining about this being the 3rd or 4th delay? Will keeping people informed really make them any less likely to complain about the wait? I doubt it.

Best to get to a stage where they have a very good idea when the patch will be ready and then start informing people, as they have done.

Because they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. Early into the development of the patch they will have had very little idea of when it would be ready. At that point they would have had a deadline in mind, but would have been well aware that it would have to be movable.

So what do you think would happen if early on Miles, or anyone from SI stated that they were aiming for a certain date for the patch? As that date approaches people are on the forums starting threads about how excited they are about the patch, but when the patch isn't released then they go crazy anyway. Deadlines are so tight that it culd be only the day before release that an issue is found that will delay the patch for who knows how long.

Perhaps the first time or even the second time this happens people will be ok if they've been kept up to date in a stickied thread. But how long before people start complaining about this being the 3rd or 4th delay? Will keeping people informed really make them any less likely to complain about the wait? I doubt it.

Best to get to a stage where they have a very good idea when the patch will be ready and then start informing people, as they have done.

Did you even read anything I said? I said they dont have to give dates. Just keep us informed. Basically ive just summed up your entire post with;

I said they dont have to give dates. Just keep us informed.

Which I already said.

Thank you.

i agree mate well said, at times they do treat us like 5 year olds if they just kept us informed there would be no problem

Archived