County League FM11 signup thread

I have decided that I will once again run a County League, this time for FM11. I am going to make things a lot more equal, though. Teams will be drawn into one of two divisions AFTER signups, and will all have a reputation of 9000 (D1) or 8000 (D2). Your teams will also have a transfer budget of £50m, but the three players you pick will reduce this by their values, to a max of £15m each.

The competitions will again consist of two 20 team divisions, a cup that starts with 8 groups of 5, of which 16 qualify into a CL style knockout. The new addition this year is a one off match Challenge Cup, which forces the teams to pick at least six Under 23s and three Under 21s for the match squad.

I will need the following details:

Manager name:

Manager nationality:

Manager DOB:

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20):

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1):

Chosen team:

Team's nickname:

Team's Kits:

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town).

Your 3 chosen players:

If there's any questions, feel free to PM me. :)

Available teams - stadium location:

Bedfordshire - Bedford - Sheriff 1993

Berkshire - Reading

Buckinghamshire - Aylesbury

Cambridgeshire - Cambridge - BaritonTrouble

Cheshire - Chester - Menion

Cornwall - Truro - Lenzar

Cumberland - Carlisle

Derbyshire - Derby - as260191

Devon - Exeter

Dorset - Dorchester - wazup

Durham - Durham - toon_balmy

Essex - Chelmsford - drac234cpfc

Gloucestershire - Gloucester

Hampshire - Winchester - letissierandhenryaregreat

Herefordshire - Hereford - dami

Hertfordshire - Hertford - Manager Milney

Huntingdonshire - Huntingdon

Kent - Maidstone - Lawrence27783

Lancashire - Lancaster

Leicestershire - Leicester

Lincolnshire - Licoln - sheffieldtim

Middlesex - Brentford - letissierandhenryaregreat

Norfolk - Norwich

Northamptonshire - Northampton - Sherriff 1993

Northumberland - Alnwick

Nottinghamshire - Nottingham - jamie.

Oxfordshire - Oxford

Rutland - Oakham

Shropshire - Shrewsbury

Somerset - Taunton - Biscotti

Staffordshire - Stafford - jimalex

Suffolk - Ipswich

Surrey - Guildford - coldkehmew

Sussex - Chichester - jimbowmanuk

Warwickshire - Warwick

Westmorland - Appleby(-in-Westmorland)

Wiltshire - Trowbrige

Worcestershire - Worcester - Ishaan

Yorkshire - York - Menion

Welsh Counties FC - Cardiff - ggrive

Manager name: The Sheriff

Manager nationality: English

Manager DOB: 02/04/1983

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Judging player ability, Motivating, Determination

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Physiotherapy, Adaptability, Level of Discipline

Chosen team: Bedford

Team's Kits: Home: Blue Shirts, White Shorts, White socks. Away: White, Blue, Blue

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town). Shooters Arena

Your 3 chosen players: Tim Cahill, Mauruane Chamakh, Thomas Vermaelen

Hopefully this will get popular, because it's a good, fun idea :)

Manager name: Jack Sparrow

Manager DOB: 09/12/1980

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Determination, motivating, discipline

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Physiotherapy, random,random

Chosen team:Surrey - Guildford

Team's Kits: Home: same as reading

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town). The Black Pearl

Your 3 chosen players: Balotelli,stevan jovetic,davide santon

Manager name: Wei Fok

Manager nationality: Chinese

Manager DOB: 29/02/1966

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Working with youngsters, Judging potential, Tactical knowledge

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Physiotherapy, Goalkeepers, Level of discipline

Chosen team: Cheshire

Team's Kits: Home - White shirts, gold shorts, white socks. Away - Black shirts, black shorts, pink socks

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town): Grace Lane

Your 3 chosen players: Wilshire, Neymar, Adler

Yeah, sure. Create one for yourself.

Edit - Ooops, chose the wrong player and then they got pinched! Have changed Jack Hart (should have been Joe) to Adler.

Manager name: Bullet Harris

Manager nationality: Scottish

Manager DOB: 25/12/1965

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20):Tactical, Motivation, Adaptability

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Physiotherapy, Goalkeeping, Level of discipline

Chosen team: Sussex

Team's Kits: Random

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town). The Brass Knuckle

Your 3 chosen players: Darren Fletcher, Romelu Lukaku, Mesut Ozil

Manager name: Alex Seddon

Manager DOB: 26/01/81

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Judging Potential, Motivation, Determination

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Physio, Adaptability, Goalkeepers

Chosen team: Derbyshire

Nickname: The Peaks

Team's Kits:

Home - Dark green & Pale Blue thick hoops, White shorts & socks

Away - Plain white shirt, pale blue shorts, dark green socks

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town): Thornton Park

Your 3 chosen players: Steven Defour, Gareth Bale, Mamadou Sakho

Manager name: Lawrence Phillips

Manager DOB: 27/07/1983

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Judging player ability, Motivating, Determination

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Physiotherapy, Adaptability, Level of Discipline

Chosen team: Kent

Team's Kits: Home: Red Shirts, White Shorts, White socks. Away: yellow, green, yellow

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town). Maidstone

Your 3 chosen players: nemanja vidic, pato and kaka

Manager name: Jonny Hollywood

Manager nationality: American

Manager DOB: 02/06/1972

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Judging player potential, working with youngsters, attacking

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Physiotherapy, Adaptability, Goalkeepers

Chosen team: Cambridge

Team's Kits: Home: All dark green with gold stripes, GK all white, Away: All gold, dark green trim GK all black

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town). The New Abbey

Your 3 chosen players: Samir Nasri, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Joe Hart

Manager name: Jens König

Manager nationality: German

Manager DOB: 01/08/1980

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Tactical Knowledge, Motivating, Judging Player Ability

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Fitness, Physiotherapy, Defenmding

Chosen team: Somerset

Team's Kits:

Home: White Shirts with red sleeves, Red shorts, White Socks

Away: Blue shirt with yellow hoops, Blue shorts, Black socks

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town): The Scrumpy Bowl

Your 3 chosen players: Ibrahim Afellay, Igor Akinfeev, Jonny Evans

Is there anybody with graphical skills who could help me create team logos based on the county's historical emblem?

Also, would anyone like to add a nickname to their county? It'll look a little sterile if there's nothing like that in the news reports.

Manager name: Ihsaan Ahmed

Manager DOB: 4/5/81

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Tactical, Motivating, JPP

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Physio, Goalkeepers, Adaptability

Chosen team: Worcestershire

Team's Kits: Blue + White, Red, Black

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town): The Hawthorns

Your 3 chosen players: Neuer, Canales, Pastore

A few suggestions for nicknames, off the top of my head:

Oxford: The Scholars

Shropshire: The Irons

Sussex: The Saxons

Yorkshire: The White Rose

Norfolk: The Crabs/The Mustardmen

Lincolnshire: The Six fingers ;) *

I once thought of something similar to this for FM09, with regionally-born players, but the database never worked. As an additional idea, which you can happily disregard, how about each county gets a 100(ish)CA real-life player who actually hails from the region in question? So Hertfordshire could have Adam Lallana, or someone of about that stature (I'm guessing his CA, don't quote me). Searching via the db filters/wikipedia may not make this quite as tough as it sounds.

* Apologies people from Lincolnshire, I jest. You can be 'The Sausages' instead.

Manager name: JIM ALEX

Manager nationality:English

Manager DOB:25/12/80

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Man management, tactical, technical

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): physiotherapy, working with youngsters, goalkeeping

Chosen team:Stafford

Team's nickname: spitfires

Team's Kits: black and white stripes black shorts - away all yellow

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town). Moorland arena

Your 3 chosen players: John Terry, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard

Manager name: François Le Tissier

Manager nationality: French/English

Manager DOB: 03/08/1980

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Tactical Knowledge, Attacking, Motivating

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Physiotherapy, Goalkeepers, Level of Discipline

Chosen team: Hampshire

Team's nickname: The Royals

Team's Kits:

Home-Purple shirt with a gold sash across it, Gold shorts, purple socks.

Away-Silver and blue stripes, blue shorts, silver socks

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town): Cathedral Park

Your 3 chosen players: Iker Casillas, Philip Lahm, Luis Suarez

Manager name: Jose Guardiola

Manager nationality: English/Spanish

Manager DOB: 04.01.1985

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Judging player ability, Tactical knowledge, Motivation

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Physiotherapy, Goalkeeping, Adaptability.

Chosen team: Nottingham

Team's nickname: Robin Hood's Men

Team's Kits: Red shirt, white shorts, red socks.

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town). Nou Bernabéu

Your 3 chosen players: Petr Cech, Sergio Ramos, Bojan

Manager name: Matt Jones

Manager DOB: 11/07/1983

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Judging player potential, Motivating, Working with youngsters

Chosen team: Northampton

Team's Kits: Home: Purple Shirts, White Shorts, White socks. Away: Dark Green, Black, Black

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town). Saints Avenue

Your 3 chosen players: TBC (if I forget to edit any available young talent :p)

Manager name: Edson Miquel

Manager nationality: Angolan

Manager DOB: 08/02/1964

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Motivation, Judging Player Potential, Tactical Knowledge,

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Physiotherapy, Goalkeepers, Adaptability

Chosen team: Middlesex

Team's nickname: The Three Swords

Team's Kits:

Home-Red and Blue vertical stripes with white trim.

Away-White shirt with Blue PSG stripe and a red trim.

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town): Crown Arena

Your 3 chosen players: David Villa, Simon Vukcevic, Sami Khedira

Manager name: Bill Shankly

Manager DOB: 04.01.1960

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Judging player ability, Tactical knowledge, Motivation

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Physiotherapy, Goalkeeping, Adaptability.

Chosen team: Yorkshire

Team's nickname: Purple Meanies

Team's Kits: Home - Purple *****, Purple Shorts, Purple Socks (white trim) Away - Sky blue shorts, shirt, socks (white trim)

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town). York Castle

Your 3 chosen players: Babacar, Otamendi, Higuain

Edit - Kids, let that be a lesson to you. Always pay attention!

Team's nickname: Babacar, Otamendi, Higuain

Team's Kits: Home - Purple *****, Purple Shorts, Purple Socks (white trim) Away - Sky blue shorts, shirt, socks (white trim)

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town). York Castle

Nice Nickname! :D

Team's nickname: Babacar, Otamendi, Higuain

And too much beetroot at lunchtime!

Manager name: Ramon Golafre

Manager nationality: Andorran

Manager DOB: 29-12-1984

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Man Management, Tactical Knowledge, Motivation

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Goalkeepers, Physiotherapy, Defending

Chosen team: Welsh Counties FC

Team's nickname: Red Dragons

Team's Kits: HOME // AWAY

Stadium name: Parc yr Arfau Caerdydd

Your 3 chosen players: Mirko Vucinic, David De Gea, Cesc Fabregas

Manager name: Jacob Fox

Manager DOB: 12/09/77

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Determination, Tactics, Motivating

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Goalkeepers, Fitness, Physiotherapy

Chosen team: Lincolnshire

Team's nickname: The Ploughmen

Team's Kits: Home - red and black striped shirts, black shorts, black socks Away - white shirts, white shorts, white socks

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town): The New Field

Your 3 chosen players: Sergio Busquets, Pepe Reina, Carlos Tevez

I am about to perform the random seeding for the two divisions. I shall not announce the results of the seeding (which will basically place each team in either D1 or D2) until the signup is closed.

Time to add my own!

Name: Gregory Queensford

DOB: 14/6/1974

Nation: England

Strengths: Tactical Knowledge, Motivating, Discipline

Weaknesses: Goalkeepers, Physiotheraphy, Attack Coaching

Team: Cornwall

Nickname: Pirates,

Kits: Home: Traditional Cornish Black and Yellow Stripes. Away: Green. Third: Red and white striped shirts

Stadium name: (Cornish for Stadium when I find it)

3 players: F. Torres, Ramsey, Frey

I'm adding teams into the database now, but I'm still hoping for a few more signups. I shall start the game by Sunday, if I get time to add in all the counties. The non-selected counties will be added with random or traditional colours and have no staff or 'free' players, but still possess the same funds and stadium as the selected teams.

Manager name: Dami van der Wijk

Manager nationality: Dutch

Manager DOB: 5/8/63

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): JPA, Tactics, Motivating

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Goalkeepers, Fitness, Physiotherapy

Chosen team: Hereford

Team's nickname: The Invicibles

Team's Kits: Home - pink shirts, red shorts, black socks Away - yellow shirts, green shorts, red socks

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town): YCW Stadia

Your 3 chosen players: Wesley Sneijder, Messi, Marcelo

If I've made a mistake then tell me cause I don't fully understand it...

Manager name: Arron Balmer

Manager nationality: Slovakia

Manager DOB: 02/08/1982

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Motivation , Buying players , Tactical knowledge

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Physio , Goalkeeper , Fitness

Chosen team: Durham

Team's nickname: The Radical Locomotives

Team's Kits: Black & White Stripes , Away White and black Hoops

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town). Cathedral Of Dreams

Your 3 chosen players: Eden Hazard , Aguero , Mandanda

As For the badges put in google or wiki the towns names followed by the coat of arms that should work

here is Durham http://images.vector-images.com/107/durham_county_coa_n4027.gif

Manager name: Sam Milne

Manager nationality: English/Scottish

Manager DOB:29/2/1980 :p(I think that is a leap year)

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Motivating, tactical knowledge, JPP

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Physiotherapy, Goalkeepers, Fitness

Chosen team: Hertfordshire

Team's nickname: The Stags/blues

Team's Kits: Home: (A dark but bright blue) blue shirts/white sleeves, white shorts, blue socks. Away: All yellow with white trim.

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town). McMullen's Arena (sponsered by local hertford brewery McMullen's)

Your 3 chosen players: lloris, Van Persie, Alex Song

BaritoneTrouble, while I like your idea I fear it would be a little unbalanced. It'd be easy to find people from larger counties like Yorkshire, and more populous counties like Middlesex, but when it comes to counties like Cornwall, who are really only notable for producing England's eternal-13 Nigel Martyn, or Westmorland, I think we'd struggle a little, particularly as WP uses a different form of county.

BaritoneTrouble, while I like your idea I fear it would be a little unbalanced. It'd be easy to find people from larger counties like Yorkshire, and more populous counties like Middlesex, but when it comes to counties like Cornwall, who are really only notable for producing England's eternal-13 Nigel Martyn, or Westmorland, I think we'd struggle a little, particularly as WP uses a different form of county.

It's all about the quality, not the quanitity ;)

Good point well made. When I made my aforementioned db I combined a few localities to bolster the squad numbers and still struggled with 'Cumbria/Northumberland'. I can therefore appreciate your position, and am greatly looking forward to this starting up soon.

P.S. According to wiki Matty Etherington is Cornish...give me a few days for Westmorland!

Manager name: Skeng Pondiroad

Manager nationality:English/Irish

Manager DOB: 29/01/1996

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20):Tactical, Motivating, Judging Player Potential

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1):Physiotherapy, Goalkeepers, Fitness

Chosen team:Essex

Team's nickname:Eagles

Team's Kits: Home - Red and blue stripes; Away - Plain yellow, blue shorts

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town). Timpson Ground

Your 3 chosen players: Jeremy Toulalan, Theo Walcott, Sotiris Ninis

Heh, now find one from Rutland, BT. ;)

I won't actually implement your idea (it'll take far too long to find equal players from all 39 counties), but it's interesting to know there are such players available.

It will be starting in the next few days. I will add the taken counties first, before adding the 'empty' counties, with random stadia names.

The empty counties will possess the same funds, but have no 'extra' players and no starting manager.

Feel free, as I stated before, to add extra managers. I will point out now that you are restricted to one Division One team, though you may have as many Division Two teams as you wish. You may NOT remove players from existing selections if you wish for a second team.

Hope I'm not too late, I think yo started this yesterday but if not here goes.

Manager name: Phill Ewles

Manager DOB: 23/08/1977

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Judging player ability, tactical, Man Management

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Physiotherapy, Adaptability, Goalkeeping

Chosen team: Essex

Team's Kits: Home: White Shirts, White Shorts, White socks. Away: Red, White, Blue

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town). The Local

Your 3 chosen players: Morton Gamst Pederson, Joe Hart, Andy Carroll

Hope I'm not too late, I think yo started this yesterday but if not here goes.

Manager name: Phill Ewles

Manager DOB: 23/08/1977

Manager strengths (3 attributes that will be 20): Judging player ability, tactical, Man Management

Manager weaknesses (3 attributes that will be 1): Physiotherapy, Adaptability, Goalkeeping

Chosen team: Essex

Team's Kits: Home: White Shirts, White Shorts, White socks. Away: Red, White, Blue

Stadium name (stadium of 50k will be located in the county's county town). The Local

Your 3 chosen players: Morton Gamst Pederson, Joe Hart, Andy Carroll

Joe Hart has already been taken

Archived