Security of Disk version of FM11

Hey, not sure if this is the right thread to be posting this but in one of my modules I have to evaluate the security of my favourite game (FM naturally).

This is the activity I have to do

Analyse your favourite game in terms of the security aspects paying particular attention to the

following:

o Copy protection

o On-line play

• Compile an analysis of the security features and review how the game design

team/studio has implemented these features within the game

Now I know, and use, the steam account version. But was wondering if anyone knows how the disk version is copy protected?

Thanks for any help

Also, if someone was to use the disc to install it using steam on one account, is it still possible to install it on another compuer to another registered steam account?

Yes. I have steam on my pc, and use disk on my laptop, which isn't always connected to the internet.

Also, if someone was to use the disc to install it using steam on one account, is it still possible to install it on another compuer to another registered steam account?

Technically its one copy to one account, you can install on various computers, i think through steam you get 4-5 licences as long as they are installed through your steam account, but you cannot register the same copy under two different accounts and the same copy cannot be used on two computers at once.

I would be careful with this thread SI take piracy very seriously and any topics touching on it will be closed very quickly.

No, each individual copy can only be registered to one Steam account, you can then play on several different PC's via that Steam account but not simultaneously.

Well, I don't want to overstep the line so if any Mods of workers at SI could help or divert me to a sutiable forum etc, that'd be much appreciated.

Like I said, I'm asking in regards to a module at Coventry University, titled "Knowledged-Based Web-Design" (no, I don't why we're covering security of games either)

But yeah, I think that the game can only be registered in one user on steam but many computers is suitable.

I haven't used the Byteshield Activation thing before, can anyone explain this as well please?

Thank you for all your help and sorry again if I'm posting in the wrong place

Archived