Editors Hideaway Moderator Request Thread *all requests for thread title changes etc*

Michael F

• Administrators

Due to char limit constraints I have had to omit "Download" from the title, there just isn't enough space.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi can this thread be closed as I have now developed the database and made a new thread for the release, to make bug reporting and improvement suggestions clearer and seperate from the developement and discussion thread.

thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/278838-WIP-Lincolnshire-and-Humberside-2012

• Administrators
Hi can this thread be closed as I have now developed the database and made a new thread for the release, to make bug reporting and improvement suggestions clearer and seperate from the developement and discussion thread.

thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/278838-WIP-Lincolnshire-and-Humberside-2012

Closed on request

• Administrators

What browser are you using please? Have you tried deleting your browser history/cache? It's more for Neil Brock, I will pass it on. Let me know so we can look into it, cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi fellas, I'd like to request my FM08 Update Research thread be deleted from General Discussion please.

I want to get more views/votes on my poll so I'm going to create a new longer poll period version, starting in the GS forum this time.

The link to it is http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/296719-FM-2008-Update-Research-Thread-Poll-Which-Update-Would-You-Prefer-To-See

Thanks in advance!

you will have to ask a GD mod to do it as i only have mod permissions in this forum

I thought that might be the case but couldn't find a thread like this on GD so figured I'd try just in case. :)

Thanks anyway Michael, time to go badger a GD mod!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/299135-Peeking-Behind-The-Curtain-An-Editor-Project?p=7598340#post7598340

Could this thread be locked please. I don't have enough free time to be able to continue with the project, which is a shame. I'll look into doing it for FM13 though if the editor has improved a little in its functionality.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/299135-Peeking-Behind-The-Curtain-An-Editor-Project?p=7598340#post7598340

Could this thread be locked please. I don't have enough free time to be able to continue with the project, which is a shame. I'll look into doing it for FM13 though if the editor has improved a little in its functionality.

done for you

i will have to look into this with SI, its obviously been closed as the advanced editor was not meant to be used by the public, hence why its disabled, i will get back to you on this.

Any update?

Also could this thread be moved to GD? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276730-FM2012-FMUpdates-England-Levels-7-amp-8-Southern-Isthmian-amp-Northern-Leagues-*Out-Now*

I know it's an editor file but other editor files have had their threads on GD too, and I believe this will be popular over there on GD.

• Administrators

No - as communicated by PM to you Magic Mastermind that thread can't be moved to GD. It's used with the advanced editor which isn't officially supported, and so we wouldn't want to mislead potential new users to the editor.

As for the statement of activating the editor not being 'true' - we've left it to the user to activate it if they want, but we can't support issues caused by it I'm afraid. And therefore it would be best not to have the discussions on the official forums as it could confuse people that this is a supported use of the editor - it isn't.

As for the statement of activating the editor not being 'true' - we've left it to the user to activate it if they want, but we can't support issues caused by it I'm afraid. And therefore it would be best not to have the discussions on the official forums as it could confuse people that this is a supported use of the editor - it isn't.

That's disappointing. You cannot support FMRTE however their thread is still open despite the fact that anyone using it could report issues that you cannot support. Yet their discussion is still open on the official forums. I'm not saying that you should close their thread but there needs to be a level of consistency, and it is simple to indicate that something is not supported by SI. It makes it feel like there is some sort of vendetta against certain members, and I can only hope that this is not the case.

On another note can I ask will SI be removing the advanced editor section for future versions of FM? I'd like to know so that I can decide whether to buy the game or not. Thanks in advance for your response.

• Administrators

You can't equate the FMRTE with the Advanced Editor - there's a fundamental difference, one being coded by SI (Advanced Editor) and the other being completely third-party.

The Advanced Editor is intended for debugging and developmental purposes (which should also answer your last question), and not for use with the full game for public use. Therefore we can't really allow it to be discussed on the forums because it can create confusion for other users as you're essentially tampering with an official product to gain access to debugging tools. If you're using it then it's completely at your own risk, as it is for people with FMRTE. We welcome third-party creation and discussion of them, in fact there are people that have got jobs at SI doing exactly that in years gone by. We can't allow discussion of using the official product for means that are unsupported, and we never have done.

Finally, in either case, we don't offer support for issues caused by Advanced Editor or FMRTE and haven't in the past - so I'm not sure why letting people talk about a third party product equates to 'supporting' them when that it is absolutely not the case.

Thanks for the response. It is good to see that SI do care about user updates, and I hope that continues, and as you are aware I have discussed that with yourselves in the past and I hope SI continues to develop this relationship with their customers and content creators.

In your last sentence I come back to raising the point about consistency but as you say the tools are quite different in that one is used by yourselves at SI to develop the game. I do enjoy using this as it can prove to be better than the officially supported tools you supply with the editor - there is more flexibility although it is difficult to work with. I hope that SI will look at improving the officially supported tools so that people can use them without any compromise to the tools that SI use themselves.

• Administrators

We do care, but there is only so much we can put into it and there are lots of suggestions for future versions, made by the fantastic community feedback we get every release and we hope that continues. As things get added each version I really hope it sparks even more ideas and feature requests... which I can only say with something as fun to use as the editor for making the kinds of edits and creations we've seen on the forums we're always going to be wanting more - we are never running out of ideas! :)

As for "difficult to work with", we are aware with that too, that the editor can be seen as an 'advanced tool' and users could use help potentially (or are even put off using it) but again, that's a suggestion for a future version. We very much welcome feedback and we do take these on board for improvement in the future.

Hope this helps :)

Archived