Llama's creative Arsenal 4-2-3-1 (wide)

Llama, I am starting a new save with Arsenal and just stumbled across this thread (I see it has been going for a while).

It seems as though it is exactly what I was hoping to achieve. I will start off with this and hopefully it will go well.

I am spending a bit of money on a DM and a CB (as that is what I think we need in real life) so hopefully that will help too.

Cheers!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Llama,

We had a great pre season and won all our matches, only conceding 3 goals.

Anyways when the season started it was a little disappointing. We drew home to Spurs, away to Southampton and home again to Stoke. We then lost to City and I was worrying.

Next game was away to Udinese and I feared for our CL campaign. I hope something has clicked as we then thrashed them 3-0 and then away to Swansea we were 4-0 inside 30 minutes.

I hope the tactic has bedded down now. I have to say when it works it produces some really great football....

Hoping it will continue and most importantly I actually enjoying FM13 for the first time.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

llama, how would you set up when facing strong teams away from home? Asking because I set up exactly as you suggested in the op, away to Spurs with Liverpool (2nd season), but I lost 3-1! Also, they had 21 shots compared to 11 shots for my team. They were all over us. Any suggestions?

only difference to my setup from two seasons ago was the advanced playmaker and full backs on attack rather than support.

I always wanted to go back to 4-2-3-1 since it is the standard in modern days. First match... my germany side killed Brazil 10-2 in the confed cup. Thanks fo sharing. It looks like the high mentality gap between the front 4 and teh back 6 is the trick since now my defensive minded players don't get that high up the pitch anymore. and the attack looks more fluid..

will give this more time :D

The gap is why the full backs can afford to be more aggressive and get down the flanks more, as there is a strong central zone that is covered by the centre-mid pairing and centre-backs

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived