Llama's creative Arsenal 4-2-3-1 (wide)

i suspected it would be 1 that worked only at higher levels. for a similar effect i could suggest (i havent tried this, its just a suggestion) going for 2 x DM - anchorman, and defensive mid (support) and then at MC a central mid (attack) which may help, its a wild shot though.

How about if you play an anchor man instead of deep playmaker, and change one of the inside forwards to winger or wide midfielder.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how would that work as a formation?

I havent tried it but just suggesting it....

anyway, this tactic is making me play great attacking football, but my team is still getting used to it.

After 11 games I am 6th with Juventus, I have the 3 tactic set, llamas tactic, and the two defensive ones (counter and defensive)

Just out of curiosity, how long does a team take getting used to play with this system?

I havent tried it but just suggesting it....

anyway, this tactic is making me play great attacking football, but my team is still getting used to it.

After 11 games I am 6th with Juventus, I have the 3 tactic set, llamas tactic, and the two defensive ones (counter and defensive)

Just out of curiosity, how long does a team take getting used to play with this system?

put the workload for the 3 tactics up to very high - and team focus to team blend - should be quite quick

My success is definitely mixed so far, and I have been letting in on average a goal per match, but I might be doing a few things wrong. Lately I have been more solid in defense, but I am scoring few goals. Match preparation is on the average level, but should it be higher? I don't like the idea of my players getting even less training though, especially since they are young. It could be what paddy_berger mentions, because I am playing the 4-2-3-1, but with two wide attackers, instead of three central offensive midfielders. Since I always seem to be playing through the middle, and the natural position of my players tend to be in the middle, while they are only accomplished out wide, I was wondering if there was any downside to changing the tactic to 3 players in the middle...

My success is definitely mixed so far, and I have been letting in on average a goal per match, but I might be doing a few things wrong. Lately I have been more solid in defense, but I am scoring few goals. Match preparation is on the average level, but should it be higher? I don't like the idea of my players getting even less training though, especially since they are young. It could be what paddy_berger mentions, because I am playing the 4-2-3-1, but with two wide attackers, instead of three central offensive midfielders. Since I always seem to be playing through the middle, and the natural position of my players tend to be in the middle, while they are only accomplished out wide, I was wondering if there was any downside to changing the tactic to 3 players in the middle...

nothing wrong with altering to what suits - what team are you? once the team is fluid with the tactic then switch tactics workload to very low, and keep an individual focus selected

I've tried the tactic with Udinese since the winterbreak because my own tactic was easily countered by the AI.

Took me 2 games to get fully fluid to it (was already playing a similar 4-2-3-1) and then my team started playing very well. What I do notice though is that my attacking 3 (Left / Right / Striker) get very little balls and also very few shots on goal.

What kind of striker would you recommend playing the advanced forward role? I tried Di Natale but he rarely gets into good scoring positions so I let him play AML since hes more right footed. I also tried Alexis Sanchez(lightning quick) which went fairly well when he gets a few good through balls but other than that he rarely gets any ballcontacts.

Is this any different with your game with Arsenal Llama ?

Also noticed that when not picking defensive positioning with match preparation I leak goals ALOT. Still trying to figure out why though. Thinking about picking one defender as cover since hes quick(Zapata)

Cheers. Enjoying the football the tactic is producing so far !

Right then, one season (2012/13) with this tactic set, Im with Juventus and with 3 games left I am 3rd. I have noticed that my wingers score teh majority of goals, but that couldn be because I have not any decent strikers to speak of.

All in all, a very good tactic, however it is recommended you tweak it to whatever suits your team

Also noticed that when not picking defensive positioning with match preparation I leak goals ALOT. Still trying to figure out why though.

Because that is the way the game is programmed right now. It has nothing to do with tactics imho. Players are not marked properly no matter what you do, and how good your defenders are at marking. This is especially apparent in defensive set pieces such as attacking throw-ins, where it looks like your entire team suffers a stroke for a few seconds.

I've tried the tactic with Udinese since the winterbreak because my own tactic was easily countered by the AI.

Took me 2 games to get fully fluid to it (was already playing a similar 4-2-3-1) and then my team started playing very well. What I do notice though is that my attacking 3 (Left / Right / Striker) get very little balls and also very few shots on goal.

What kind of striker would you recommend playing the advanced forward role? I tried Di Natale but he rarely gets into good scoring positions so I let him play AML since hes more right footed. I also tried Alexis Sanchez(lightning quick) which went fairly well when he gets a few good through balls but other than that he rarely gets any ballcontacts.

Is this any different with your game with Arsenal Llama ?

Also noticed that when not picking defensive positioning with match preparation I leak goals ALOT. Still trying to figure out why though. Thinking about picking one defender as cover since hes quick(Zapata)

Cheers. Enjoying the football the tactic is producing so far !

i played van persie as a central striker - good finisher, and can participate in creative moves, must not be deficient in areas of strength & speed

• 2 weeks later...

Spent the first two seasons with Arsenal playing a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow tactic with great success. Two titles, first season unbeaten in the league with 100 points, second season won it at a canter with 95 points. Failed in the domestic cups but amazingly won two Champions leagues.

Now want to try this tactic and have played third season pre-season and first few fixtures with it. Sneaked the charity shield with a 1-0 win over 10-man Blackburn, grabbed a late 1-1 draw at home with Man City, and just squeezed past Everton 3-2 and West Brom 1-0 away from home. Also beat Real 2-1aet in Super Cup match, but was second best and they had 26 shots on goal to my 13. Akinfeev was the hero.

In the match summaries I seem to be 'carved open' a lot and am worried that by not having a DM there is no one screening my back four.

Llama or anyone else who has had defensive success with this tactic - have you tweaked the rearguard?

Really interested in this tactic and will try and stick with it for a season at least.

I'll go it a go with LOSC Lille in their 2nd season.

I do wonder which playmaker you prefer? The mentally massive Ganso, Paulo Henrique, or the mentally ok but really agile and fast Hazard?

I'm using Ganso so far.

never tried any of them to be fair. if you only want to use 1 playmaker i am working on a new variant - switch a ball-winning midfielder (defend) into MRC in place of the deep-lying playmaker. switch central midfielder support in for advanced playmaker, and make the attacker a complete forward. the key to the trequartista is technique, and mental stats.

never tried any of them to be fair. if you only want to use 1 playmaker i am working on a new variant - switch a ball-winning midfielder (defend) into MRC in place of the deep-lying playmaker. switch central midfielder support in for advanced playmaker, and make the attacker a complete forward. the key to the trequartista is technique, and mental stats.

How is that going? Cause I was wondering if the DLP had to have 'Gets forward' as a prefered move?

How is that going? Cause I was wondering if the DLP had to have 'Gets forward' as a prefered move?

scoring roughly 3.5 goals a game at the moment. i recommend the switch, may alter opening post as a result

Question!

Have been struggling to get Ramsey to star with this tactic, played him in both AMC and MCL, with no more than 6.8-7.0 ratings. Any tips on how to get him to deliver?

Thanks for the great tactic anyway, got the league and FA cup double the first season, still unbeaten 11 games into the new one.

/Aron.

Question!

Have been struggling to get Ramsey to star with this tactic, played him in both AMC and MCL, with no more than 6.8-7.0 ratings. Any tips on how to get him to deliver?

Thanks for the great tactic anyway, got the league and FA cup double the first season, still unbeaten 11 games into the new one.

/Aron.

i play him at both, have you retrained ramsey to AMC? tbh i find ramsey plays fairly well in either role.

• 2 weeks later...
llama

Is the Complete Forward on 'Attack' or 'Support'?

Steve

Attack - they are the designed to be an "henry" type who is the main man that the team plays for, with the trequartista the "bergkamp" directing the supporting cast - mixed metaphor i know!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Set 4 looks like it could really suit the current Juventus squad.

Previously I used your set 1 on FM2011, and did great, though I did buy Hazard which was absolute killer on the left side. Also, Del Piero did an awesome job playing in the AMC position.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so I would like to try this tactic with Dortmund, which set would you recommend llama? I am playing FM12 btw. Also, should I have a Defensive or Counter option? Or would it work just fine always sticking to Control?

Also, did you end up creating a 4-4-2 variant? I was thinking of moving the AMC to FC and playing him as an Advanced Forward - Attack, what are your thoughts?

Regards

Shiraz

I use all strategies when needed, currently my standard approach has let me patiently control wins over lyon and everton in succession. I have not created a direct variant in 4-4-2 form, however I use a straightforward 4-4-2 style (Goalkeeper (D), Full Back (Auto) x 2, Central Defender (D) x 2, Winger (A) x 2, BWM (D), AP (S), T (A), CF (A)

I would recommend having Gotze as a treq in AMC slot, inside forwards either side, and a complete forward attack ahead of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I use the exact same setup as in the OP but instead of a Treq up front have a complete forward on support.. Don't use shouts and have given everybody long shots rarely.. Plays some great football and is just a realistic, effective system

• 3 weeks later...
I use the exact same setup as in the OP but instead of a Treq up front have a complete forward on support.. Don't use shouts and have given everybody long shots rarely.. Plays some great football and is just a realistic, effective system

You're playing a CF-Support up top with an AM-Support at AMC? It's not leaving too much space up top? I'm playing this formation, and trying to work out the best AMC/ST combination (who would be support, who should be attack, roles, etc).

• 1 month later...

Archived