New FM Tactical Challenge - Prolific Goalscorers!

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished the 2032/33 season with my Oxford side on FM2010. The goals are drying up for 37 year old Felipe but he still managed to score in both the Champions League and FA Cup Final wins and notch up anothher 15 league goals. He also signed a new contract during the season and now has one year left till he hangs up his boots. He didn't feature for Brazil, depsite being called up for several squads..

49454472.png

33622746.png

Felipes record under me now stands at:

793 club games / 956 club goals (516 league games / 600 league goals)

169 International games / 122 International goals

Grand total since i signed him, including internationals:

962 games / 1078 goals

21856985.png

50368887.png

Hopefully he can break 1000 appearances in his final year..

Still using him at the peak of the 4-2-3-1? Or have you used more of the formation that your best 11 seem to favor?

In FM 2012 I've had Sanogo as the poacher at the top of a 4-2-3-1 and he's been banging them in with regularity (39 goals in 41 games but its only 2013 and he's only 19).

Still using him at the peak of the 4-2-3-1? Or have you used more of the formation that your best 11 seem to favor?

In FM 2012 I've had Sanogo as the poacher at the top of a 4-2-3-1 and he's been banging them in with regularity (39 goals in 41 games but its only 2013 and he's only 19).

No, gone back to 4-1-2-3 to accomodate him in my team.

Hi just wondering if you could help me get more out of my team. My current tactic is http://www.mediafire.com/?8emwcdyf2jwpr4r I have to say that I am doing well with my tactic but the goals I am seeing people obtainig here is making me wonder if I can get my strikers to do the same.

Firs season:

Won the league

won the league cup

beat in ko round after champs league group

Second season:

Won the treble

beat in ko round after champs league group

Third season:

Won the treble

Beat in semi of champs league.

I currently have Carlos Fierro up front. This season he has played 14 scored 15. I know that this is a decent return but nothing near what I am seeing others obtaining out of their strikers.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Season 2034-35 completed on Football Manager 2010 and sadly, at the tender age of 39, my legendary Brazilian striker Felipe has finally called time on his illustrious playing career and hung up his boots after 19 glorious years with my Oxford side to take up his new role as my assistant manager.

In his debut season in England his goals fired Oxford to our first ever Premier League and European triumphs which kick-started a crushing spell of dominance for the club, with Felipe as the lynchpin.

He truly has been the most remarkable player I’ve had the privilege to manage since playing FM/CM since the early 1990’s. His devastating pace and power terrorised defenders all over the world for over twenty years and his ruthless accuracy in front of goal won him and his team mates 61 winners medals and himself the crown of World Footballer of the Year a staggering ten times. He retires having set all time appearance and goal scoring records for both Oxford and Brazil which doubtless will ever be broken.

I think his greatest quality though, was his consistency. To have been that good for that long was just incredible.

Since signing from Palmeiras for a then record £4.7m at the start of the 2016-17 season, Felipe’s final record under my stewardship at Oxford stands at:

897 club games for Oxford / 1002 club goals (586 league games / 628 league goals)

169 International games for Brazil / 122 International goals

Grand total since I signed him, including internationals for Brazil:

1066 games / 1144 goals

Profile after his final season:

64747816.png

Career (League) stats:

81786085.png

Oxford best 11:

97835550.png

Biography:

42466417.png

Landmark Oxford Goal:

1000c.png

World Footballer of the Year:

worldfootballeroftheyea.png

In his prime aged 27:

primefelipe.png

• 10 months later...

I was just reading through this thread and thought I might give it a 'bump' to see if there is still any interest.

I must confess, I usually love a tactic where one striker grabs most of the goals, no matter if it would be more effective to have the goals spread out around the team. Something about having a legendary goalscorer in the team who dominates the goalscoring charts always excites me. Also, it is a very fun tactical challenge to set up a team to try to get the best out of a selfish goalscoring genius!

Is anyone up for the challenge? :cool: Is the poacher still alive and well on FM14 (those playing older versions of FM are still encouraged to post)? How many goals can you get your striker to knock in? :)

I think this is nonsense, the game play mechanics means that their is no ONE TRUE TACTICS that works 100% of the time, to get the best out of a world class striker you have to change tactics pr. game.

I think you've probably misunderstood the point of this thread. It has never been about 'one true tactic'. The whole point was the idea of tweaking your tactics (and sharing your ideas here) in order to get the best out of a talented goalscorer. The idea of a 'challenge' was just for fun really. Check out the opening post for more information.

Tempted to give this a go with this guy...

07eee748359e76e56d5eeed09389a416.png

Not the most phenomenal of stats, but impressive. This is FM 13 as I'm currently waiting for the many issues of FM 14 to be dealt with.

It's currently the close season of a 5th place finish for Brighton in the Premier League, a 4th place finish snatched from us on the final day by the Champions Man Utd. Warren here had a pretty mediocre season in terms of scoring, he's been playing AMR quite a bit due to injuries and suspensions which hampered his goal scoring opportunities. I feel there's a lot more goal scoring potential in Warren. Especially as a poacher seeing as he also has this PPM

c09ce733d60871f37468f3e865b68dff.png

I've been thinking 442, but all the freakishly high AI goal scorers I've seen on the latest FMs have been in 3-5 (flat)-2 formations.

f09872c73a8c9be70723635a795095d7.png

Currently at Jan 1st after 19 games played in the league. Still fighting on all fronts, FA Cup 4th round, COC Semis, Europa League 1st K/O Round and 2nd in the league on goal difference. Warren has 19 goals from 24 games in all comps which isn't a bad return at all. The tactic I had made just to follow this challenge has really improved my results, I'm usually a 4-5-1 variant guy by nature but this 4-4-2 has made us somewhat unstoppable. Currently on a 14 game winning streak in all comps. Far better than my intricate 4-5-1s I've used in this save so far :D, sometimes playing a simple 4-4-f**king-2 does reap rewards :D

Only signings that I've made that have went into this 5th placed team last season were Gabriel Cortes from Chelsea and the veteran Carlos Fierro to use his beast mentals in a DLF role. He's still banging them in at the ripe old age of 34 :D.

Dumas + Jean are out and out wingers, full of flair and technique. Jean has 25 assists already this season :D. A lot of which has fed Warren with goals as Jean often decides to cut inside and slip him through, wingers tend to do this a lot more when you tell them to cross only sometimes. I still can't believe he can't get in the Brazil squad.

Current Tactic

75834b12df0bccc7ed630c09e2f0f651.png

Nothing fancy, no real slider changes for the player positions. Just use shouts to play more attacking/defensive/counter/keep ball when the situation arises.

Dumas has a high OTB stat (17) so I decided to stick Warren on his side too. The creators Jean and Fierro/Anic play from the other side feeding them in and my more creative central midfielder is on the higher OTB side, a simple case of putting my creative players near the best runners. I remember reading sfraser's great thread on Building a Cohesive Team and it's something that's always stuck with me in regards to setting up my attack down the years.

From flank to flank:

My pace lacking Rightback is covered by my fastest Centreback, He lacks intelligence so my most awesome playmaker plays at Right Wing. My worst midfielder in terms of intelligence plays at RCM but he has pace in abundance and no physical flaws. Fast and awesome defensively.

My pacey leftback with bags of creativity supports my Left Winger. My left Winger is basically a striker playing wide, so my Left CM is my most positionally sound midfielder and my most creative midfielder. He is slow but those around him are fast. He is good in the air but not physically strong, so Vidic is behind him.

Upfront:

My epic striker has Mesut Ozil behind him. Ozil has 18 for teamwork, 17 for Off the Ball, 17 for Flair, 18 for Decisions, 19 for Creativity, 19 for Passing. This guy is an awesome and brilliant playmaker. He is weak in the air.

What this means is my team is strong in the air through the middle, it has Creativity closest to the best Off the Ball players, it has pace interspersed between my slowest players, and as a rule it has Creative players looking for my Off the Ball strikers as my attacking setup, ignoring crosses unless they are devestatingly accurate. My attacking and defensive ability is balanced. My whole team is balanced. Nothing is more important than the balance of defensive ability and attacking threat in my team.

And none of this involves the Tactical Instructions.

Archived