New FM Tactical Challenge - Prolific Goalscorers!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
of course I was joking m8 and didn't point at you at all :p and sorry if it looked like this..

In fact your player Felipe, may have an excellent heading, mean that if he manage to win the head he probably put the ball where he wants, but he lacks on jumping-strength-bravery-aggression, at least compared to a medium - skilled defender :p

So I don't think that it would fit to the corner cheat at all cause he wouldn't win enough heading challenges from the opponent defenders..

I was joking because so many tactics in this forum have their success depending on the cheat corner and I am surprised to see so many people post and praise them for their good tactic :p

but this has nothing to do with this thread of course.. thats a personal obsession :p

Ok, sorry for the misunderstaning :)

With regards to Felipe, you are right. He has great heading but poor jumping, bit of a waste there really! In his career i doubt more than 30 of his goals were from headers..

I wasn't even aware that there was still a corner bug! I thought those days had passed along with FM08. :D

Never used it myself but there was a shocking corner bug on FM10 where you crossed to a lurking player on corners on the edge of the area and he would get a free run and shot on goal. The bug was the lurker was never picked up by the opposition.

I will enter with Thomas Muller, will give an update after my first season with him.

First season over. Won the League and Champions league. Muller was top scorer in both competitions, scored 2 in the final to help beat Barca.

Formation:

fcbayernmnchenfcbayernt.png

Stats:

thomasmllerprofileattri.png

League Stats:

germanfirstdivisionstat.png

Had been using him as a AMR until xmas when I made him my main striker. Hopefully the next season he will score more if i play him as a striker entire time. He plays like a poacher and is set to take penalties and is set to have corners and freekicks go to him.

Second season over, 58 goals in 45 apps. First game of the 3rd season, first round of german cup he bangs in a hattrick and then at halftime gets taken off injured. Now out for 4 months with a calf strain :(

• 1 month later...

Just finished the 2028/29 season with my Oxford side on FM2010. My main man Felipe is now 33 but had another cracking season hitting 61 in the Prem and 85 in all comps for the season:

84991266.png

Felipes record under me now stands at:

612 club games / 772 club goals (398 league games / 489 league goals)

143 International games / 108 International goals (he played in another 5 games for Brazil after i took the screenshot above)

Grand total since i signed him, including internationals:

755 games / 880 goals

64871312.png

22756504.png

I'll never have strikers scoring as many goals as these. I just don't focus play on one player. It's fun seeing some of the prolific records people have been able to guide their strikers to though.

Start a "team goals" challenge for the best spread of goals throughout the team and you can count me in :D

Just finished the 2029/30 season with my Oxford side on FM2010. My main man Felipe is now 34 but had another fine season hitting 39 in the Prem and 70 in all comps for the season:

27779953.png

661 club games / 842 club goals (427 league games / 528 league goals)

151 International games / 113 International goals

812 games / 955 goals

90234578.png

30066829.png

Just finished the 2030/31 season with my Oxford side on FM2010. Due to a torn hamstring that sidelined him for 3 months, 35 year old Felipe only managed 38 appearances but still hit 32 in the Prem and 46 in all comps for the season and finally broke the 1000 barrier for career goals scored since I signed him.

16206483.png

699 club games / 888 club goals (455 league games / 560 league goals)

161 International games / 117 International goals

860 games / 1005 goals

24772134.png

58173694.png

34953107.png

With his stats as they are currently, I still think he has at least another 2 seasons at the top level left in him. His physicals are decent and 13/13 for strength/stamina should keep him ticking along nicely.

No, i've not changed anything to be honest. I'm in December in the following season from my last update and he has 15 goals in 16 games. Not as prolific, but not too bad. He'll be 36 at the end of the season so i think realistically this will be his last season to get a decent (by his own high standards) number of goals.

I've played the same tactic home and away for the last 9 seasons without changing a single thing (literally) and i dont intend changing anything either.

I'll have to take a decision soon on his position at the club. Despite the formation shown in my screenshots, Felipe plays as a lone stiker and when he doesn't play my other 2 strikers bang them in for fun and i think both of them would easily out-score Felipe if i played either of them instead of Felipe for the season. Out of my 3 top stikers my coaches tell me that Felipe is 3rd best...

I make no secret of the fact that a lot of Felipe's success has been down to the amazing lone striker tactic i play and almost anyone i play up front in my team would get more goals than the number of games they played in.

This is Danny George so far this season. Felipe is currently out for 4 weeks injured so Danny has stepped up and in only 7 starts and 5 sub appearances he has scored 28 times! Will be hard dropping him when Felipe is fit again! Sad to say it but 20 year old wonderkid Danny is Oxford's best stiker now ability wise:

12499431.png

This is my other young striker, Jonathan Amar, not too bad either for 19 years old. Like Danny, he is also listed as a wonderkid. Just a shame about his pace as apart from that he looks just like a young Felipe:

34795161.png

Here is mine:

m7b3ms.jpg

At age 21 I have only just begun to start him regularly with Rooney dropping deeper into AMC, but I have high hopes for him. Doubt he will oust Felipe there as goal scoring god but he will give it a bash. Swiftly becoming one of my favourite players after just scoring a hat-trick against Liverpool.

This has been a great read. When following the posts about Felipe I couldn't stop thinking when he will reach 1000 goals. At last he did and my thoughts now is will there ever be a player like that in real football, then I thought Pele, didn't he score more than 1000 goals? It is also great to the screen shot of Thomas Müller - now mental attributes have a face. He is nothing techically, but mentally and physically hes great and thats enough.

Just finished the 2031/32 season with my Oxford side on FM2010. With the clock ticking on his amazing career, 36 year old Felipe is now clearly past his best but still scored 44 goals in 46 games for Oxford and 5 goals in 8 games for Brazil.

555bw.png

745 club games / 932 club goals (486 league games / 585 league goals)

169 International games / 122 International goals

914 games / 1054 goals

kke.png

uigh.png

captureqjz.png

I don't think that 1000 goals for Oxford is on the cards but the next target for Felipe is 1000 career appearances since i signed him (for club and country)...

If it's alright with you fine folks I'm going to attempt to join in. I have yet to find a striker who is at all comparable to Felipe or Juame, playing in Russia means I can't always bring in the best :p

Regardless, I purchased this guy for £2m about 5 months ago (with some other clauses) as I'd been needing a "20 goal a season man":

Click Me

He is only really let down by his composure, if his composure was 15+ he would be even more prolific, although training has got his composure up to 11 from 10, so hopefully it might go up a bit more :p

As you can see he is on 12 in 16 (2) so far which is not a bad return at all for his debut season. I play him in the middle of a flat 4-3-3 as a poacher, with a deep lying forward to his left and another poacher to his right. I still think I can get some more out of him but for now I'm pretty content, will make an effort to update periodically :)

Cheers Dave :) Just played Saturn away and won 6-0, Neto getting 1 before an injury (thankfully only out for a week) but the star player was another regen I have, and another Brazilian, called Vaz:

Click Me

He plays as a poacher too alongside Neto and in that 6-0 win got 2 goals & 2 assists. I imagined that he would spend more time this season setting up Neto than scoring, but it turns out he's doing both. 11 goals/9 assists is an impressive return. I'll keep you updated on both their progresses over my next few seasons.

Finally, I also have a young Slovenian by the name of Marko Klevze:

Click Me

He picked up a nasty injury which means he has only recently started playing, but he is doing okay. He plays alongside Neto & Vaz up front but slightly deeper, more of the playmaker, although he isn't a bad finisher either. Keeping an eye on him but I think for this thread Neto & Vaz are of more interest.

This is coutinho 33vkvth.jpg

First thing to note is he is not a natural striker/poacher, he is an AMC. however his anticipation, pace and off the ball gets him in the right place. i therefore retrained him as a striker and play him mostly in a flat 442. the second thing to note is that he has a fairly low finishing stat. however as he is normally streets ahead of defenders in being in the right place, he usually has an easy finish.

here are the instructions he has (yes, i am still playing FM 09!!) 15ezu2x.jpg

When playing against very defensive teams i give him much more creative freedom and mixed forward runs and long shots.

Now he is no Felipe (who is?), but 22 goals in 26 league starts is good enough for me! He was out a few weeks injured, and his key stats dropped in this period, but he is still pretty lethal. His biggest weakness, in my game, is that he just wont turn up for big matches and i normally bench him for these.

34fo2v4.jpg

Here is an example of coutinho at his best. My CB launches the ball forward and no 7 flicks it on. notice coutinhos position.

izcg1s.jpg

Coutinho reads the flick on and picks it up.

15p5wtt.jpg

before accelerating into the box, rounding the keeper (PPM) and slotting it home. the commentary explains what happened to the poor DC!!

16ith82.jpg

Parted with a lot of money to bring in my latest striker:

Anzoumana Kouassi (click for screenshot)

He should tear this league apart for me.

Last season's results for players I've posted screenies of earlier in this thread:

Neto: 24 goals, 8 assists in 35 games with an average of 7.2

Vaz: 16 goals, 15 assists in 40 games, average of 7.42 (he plays a bit deeper so it's no surprise he got less goals)

Klevze: 14 goals & 15 assists in 26 games, average of 7.42 (again, plays deeper).

I was the league's top scorers with 76 goals from 30 games, despite only finishing 3rd. Making some tactical tweaks and will report back once the 2023/24 season is underway :)

Well season one completed and Higuain hit 94, which is only 4 less than Felipes best ever season on my Oxford FM10 save!

capturekog.png

Are you using the same tactic as the one you used with Oxford and Felipe or what have you done to manage that?

Well season one completed and Higuain hit 94, which is only 4 less than Felipes best ever season on my Oxford FM10 save!

capturekog.png

Dave do you play 4231? if so i'm more than interested to see how you set up to provide your lone striker with all that ammunition.i can honestly say i've never seen so many goals come from one person,top class mate.

Dave do you play 4231? if so i'm more than interested to see how you set up to provide your lone striker with all that ammunition.i can honestly say i've never seen so many goals come from one person,top class mate.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/254710-Your-most-prolific-striker?p=6796273&viewfull=1#post6796273

Then again though, that stiker is twice the player Higuain is!

I play the same formation as that guy too and yeah it's a 4-2-3-1.

I had C. Ronaldo and Di Maria (AMR & AML) feeding him which is always going to be exciting! I set both their roles to 'inside forwards' and had the crosses set to 'drill'. Ronaldo himself hit 30 goals in the league and Di Maria 10 league goals and 23 league assists.

There's so much more to it than the formation you play though. One massive aid i've found with FM11 is the private chat. After every game he scored in (which was nearly every game we played!) i told him i was delighted with his last match performance which spurred him on, then at the start of the next game i used the 'pick up where you left off' team talk option which worked a treat all season.

I've also got Romelu Lukaku who is 18 years old now. I might play him next season instead of Higuain and see if i can get him to score 1000 like Felipe. Thing is though it's much less of an acheivement doing it with Real Madrid but i can't be bothered to drag another team to the top like i did with Oxford on FM10..

Archived