FM 2008: The A.C. Milan Thread - Sponsored by Jesus and Kaka

viktor6

Oktoberfest

Where on earth did you get all the money from to sign those players? If I remember correctly you dont get much to spend with Milan?

Yeah, I was shocked that I could do it myself. I told the board I expected to win it all to maximize my transfer budget. After I signed my first player, which I spread out over 24 months. I had the board adjust my wages / transfer kitty. It worked out and I still have 15 million left and 343k per week in salaries left over to spend if need be. Plus it helped that I unsettled Barzagli and picked him up at a bargain. He pretty much demanded Palermo to release him :p Palermo then signed Simic from me to replace him....

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol nice deal you got there Oktoberfest.

In September with my Milan side in the 3rd season. Nesta is still proving a rock but may deteriorate any minute due to the dodgy fm aging system. Felipe looks a worthy replacement.

Giovani Dos Santos has been a real bargain: went on as a sub in my first league match and scored the winner against Fiorentina. I have a future star in the making here.

Carlos Tevez has proved unspectacular here, but he's slowly gaining confidence.

A few last minute transfers saw Zaccardo move to Udinese for 12 million(i got him for free) and with a buy back clause of 13.5, I've got a good deal here. Bought a backup left back in the form of Leighton Baines in case Marcelo gets injured and a solid left winger in the form of Vicente. Jeremy Menez was good, but he is still learning. At 23, he will step in easily for Vicente if he gets injured(which he did)

Joao Moutinho will come in January, with VDV probably going out as he is too mediocre for my AC Milan side. I demand midfield generals, and VDV does not fit my targets.

Can a club's reputation drop?

Im in the year 2019, and as stated before Milan where in trouble (having 2 star fullbacks, and goalkeeper). Most of the players want to move to a bigger club?? And Milan won the league only 2 seasons ago.

Nasri was on a bosman and turned me down for Marsille. Balotelli is very unhappy and Madrid and he rejected my contract offer.

anyone have any ideas?

Check out my post on page 21. I think Milan, as in real life, need a player for each section of the field.

I would go for a GK for the future as Dida will be solid this year and Abbiati should return from loan next year.

Also, Nesta and Maldini will need another CB or two to replace them with eventually. Go for a world class CB here if possible.

Midfield is good, I went after a left winger who is currently playing in my under 20's and will be a future star. I plan on going after a world class right winger next season.

St, you definitely need one solid here. I plan on selling Ronaldo next season, so I do need a replacement. I went with Hunteelar, he has been excellent.

In terms of selling, it's your choice. I sold Simic and Brocchi. I would have sold Serginho and Cafu, but no takers. So I play them once in a blue moon.

Been playing for a while and it's been a while I last posted on here. So, here's my current squad.

GKs - Igor Akinfeev, Hugo Lloris

DCs - Micah Richards, Andrea Barzagli, Gerard Pique, Alessandro Nesta

LBs - Giorgio Chiellini, Gareth Bale

RBs - Lorenzo De silvestri, Daniel Alves

MCs - Andrea Pirlo, Gennaro Gattuso (both still awesome), Michael Johnson, Francesc Fabregas (just signed him)

AMR/Ls - Cristiano Ronaldo (start of current season and just two days before transfer window closes, he's out for four months), Ryan Babel (phenomenal), Alessandro Rosina, Henri Saivet (out on loan).

AMCs - Kaka, Sergio Aguero

FCs: Alexandre Pato, Alberto Gilardino

I'm pretty much screwed if either Babel or Rosina gets injured as Ronaldo is injured and Saivet is out on loan. I tried to sign a backup replacement but I only had a day before the window closed and my bid was rejected. Darn!

Hi Hornetsfanm

The chairman wont ask for a world class player in the first transfer window as Milan have a very limited transfer fund to begin with. This soon changes as the club makes an impressive profit each month (second season I had a budget of approximatley £120,000,000).

You'll find that your system of developing players will bode well with Milan too. They have a quality mature squad capable of winning the league without majour investment for at least the first 2 seasons (managed the right way of course). But, with it being an ageing squad investment in youth is essential.

Good luck with your game.

As for me, I'm currently in my second season, having won the league and finished runner-up in Europe. I've only sold Diago (£1,000,000) from the origional squad and have added Thiago (Barcelona), Vagner Love (CSKA Moscow), Lucas (Liverpool) and Hugo Lloris (OGC Nice) for a total of £36,500,000. Looks like I'll have to invest heavily in my defence at the end of this season though, as Maldini, Favalli and Serginho don't look like having another season in them. As well as Simic, Jankulovski and Oddo showing signs of fading. No idea who I'll be after though, but I'll keep you all updated.

Mikele

Gutted about that injury to Ronaldo, but if you do get Rosina and Babel in injury trouble you can always play Kaka or Aguero in the AMR/L spots, they can do quite well there, and then just move Cesc or one of the other MCs into the AMC spot.

Just finished up my first season. Unfortunately, finished 3rd place, 3pts behind Roma and 1pt behind second place Juventus. Two games drawn at the end of the season did me in :(. However very successful in all other campaigns. Won the European Championship over Real Madrid, beat Seville for the Super cup and beat Inter for the Italian cup. Lloris actually had a memorable game against Madrid and finished with a 10.

Here are my stats of players.

Milan2008.jpg

Hey guys i am currently managing Milan (got offered the job) in 2011 and my squad is:(players ive signed are in brackets)

GK: Ustari (26.5 million)

DR: De Silvestri

DL: Pasqual

DC: Barzagli

DC: Metersacker

MC: Obi Mikel

MC: Iniesta

AMR: Kaka(arrow going upfront in the middle so he is usually in the AMC area)

AML: Messi (34 mill upfron then 46 mill over 2 years)

FC: Pato

FC: Huntelaar

My other signing has been Auino who i have loaned to Espanyol for the season and i am trying to get some young blood in for the team to dominate world football. On splashing out cash for two world class players i am now going to concentrate on the youth academy and only buying when im selling. I have good back ups in strikers, i have vagner love and Darren bent but i need good young defenders and midfielders and a wonderkid winger. Mst of my back up are just the old aging Milan players and Gouffran. I am looking at Sakho and Fabregas and also Balotelli whose contract runs out in the summer. I will keep you guys informed of my first season with Milan. I hope its a good one!

Starting up my second season now with high expectations. Barcelona gave the board an offer they could not refuse for Marcelo. 50 million or so, of course they accepted. So I decided to turn around and sign Silva to lock down my left side. Then on the last day of transfers, I signed an unhappy Danny Alves for my RB. I think I have a real solid team now, unfortunately the fans may not agree, 3000 less season ticket sales from my first season...

I was pretty surprised in my 2012 Chelsea game to find that Pato (22y and fantastic stats) was on a month-to-month contract at Milan so I snapped him up for free...however the bastard wanted to go from his current €45k p/w to €160k p/w plus a staggering €8M signing on fee (in the end he accepted €5M). Nice payday for him.

Started a game on the weegie update using the Kimz 8.0.2 Tactic.

This is my team:

GK: Dida

DR: Zambrotta

DC:Nesta

DC: Kaladze

DL: Maldini ©

DM: Gattuso

DM: Ambro (vc)

AMC:Kaka

AMC: Pirlo

AMC:Ronaldinho

ST: Inzaghi

Doing pretty well, 2nd in the league, 1 point behind Inter.

Maldini is doing brilliantly considering he is playing as a wing back/winger, scored 2 goals and set up a few.

Ronaldinho has scored 13 in 17 games and Inzaghi has scored 7 in 13.

I opted for no transfer budgets at the start of the game to make it realistic and the board give me £30Million in November to spend in the winter transfer window. I moved quick and have bought David Villa for 60Million (over 24 Months) so hopefully he will help me push for the title when he arrives in January.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I have started my game and i have played one league game so i thought it may be time for an update. I am looking forward to this game as it will be my last one till Christmas and with the weegie update so we have quality team with good dept. I have bought a lot of youth and a couple of players that i think will improve my squad.

Transfers In/Out

Out

I didnt sella lot of players as i couldnt of load most of them. So i ended up only selling 1 player

Massimo Ambrosini and the reason i sold him is i have Pirlo, Gattuso and Flamini in the first team and Cardazzo and Tafi in the youths so he was really not needed and the £3.5m imo was a good price.

In

I brought in a lot of the youth players that most people do so they need no introduction i also tried to sign players who are less common on thesse forums so you may be supprised by some of my choices.

Lorenzo Tafi, he is one of the youths i bought got him for free from Fiorentina and he is labeled the next Demitrio Albertini so i though he will be a great player to have and hopefully a future Captain.

Netinho, This was one of my obscure players he is a player who can play anywere in Midfield and upfront if need be and a 23 i think he was worth the risk and could become the new Ronaldinho. he cost me £5.2m

Loic Perrin, I bought this chap from St.Ettine as he looks like a carbon copy of Zambrotta i have him learning from the man himself and at 22 he will improve a lot and will in the next couple of years take Zambrottas place in the starting line up, he was an expensive signing @ 9.6m

Jefferson from Fiorentina his stats look good for a youngster and he and Pato could become the future of the club paid a steep £6.6m for him but i think he will be worth every penny.

Bojan i loaned the little wonder kid but he will be a complete back up and will be behind everyone in the pecking order simply because he is only on loan but good cover to have none the less.

Part 2 of the update to follow

Part 2

Seire A

i fully expect us to win the league this year with Inter being the main problem but i expext Fiorentina and Juve to be there or there about.

We have only played 1 game so far in the league and we started sluggish with a 1 - 0 win at home to Leece with Marco Boriello comeing of the bench to tap home the winner. Sheva having a bit of trouble scoring but playing super. Nxt game i away o Fiorentina.

The Ueafa Cup

We bot some little crappy team and again this is a compitition i think we will win.

Coppa Italia.

I am just gonna blood the youngsters in this compeition. dont really expect to win it.

am gonna start a AC Milan game on the weegie update, anyone got any advice? formations to play? as with Kaka & Ronaldinho & Pato that seems amazing but with only 16M to spend is it enough to improve a leaky and old defence?

would also like to play 2 upfront but again with the options avalible i doubt that can work unless i play 3 at the back which i doubt i will do

Hi guys,

I play the ol 4-2-3-1 formation, with the THREE acting all as AMC's and wide L/r arrows for the Two AMC's either side of the Middle AMC.

Hod do i get the best out of KAKA lads....Im really struggling and ca nge tno consistency out opf him......Tried playamker, free role on and off, all sorts, but no consistency......he only really gets a goal when he scores a penalty for me.

At wits ends hombre's.....any help greatly appreciated...I usually play him directly behind the Striker, and have Van der waart and deco either side of him. He has no arrows for me but is just plain balls I tell thee.

Dont have him taking any free kicks or corners, ONLY freee-kicks..........he shoots a lot but most shots are off target......need more outta him so any help on how you play him would be diamond, lads.

Cheers.

bb mate i am playing with dinho on the left he playing class ask for more money and you get 32m i think borriello scored 28 in the first season for me and sheva 29 so tou be ok for a season there also i conceded the least amount in seire a so you will be able to faze in playrs

Hey, this is a cool thread. Just wanted to hop on and share some stuff I have found out. I have made a great Pirlo DM and Gattuso CM partnership, the results have been very good, Pirlo doesn't make as many key passes as I would like at the moment but:

Pirlo:

mentality: attacking, similar to your AM if you have one

passing: mixed

creative freedom: much much much

closing down: less

tacking: normal

FWR often

RWB sometimes

TB often

CB rarely

free role: I use this but I don't think its necessary

Gattuso:

mentality: fully defensive

creative freeedom: pretty much none

passing: short short short!

closing down: quite a lot, I'd say about 17

tackling: hard

FWR, RWB, LS, TB, CB: rarely

tight marking: possibly, I never tried it but I think it might stop him from being the roaming guardian he is at the moment

The result: A Pirlo that is free to run forward and assist attack, but mainly staying in your own half, away from scary defenders, linking up the midfield play, occasionally chipping in with a mid range/long shot or a short dribble, or a big through ball, you know he is great at doing that. He will also defend occasionally when he happens to be in his own half, he is not limited to just attacking.

The result: A Gattuso that roams around the midfield area, tackling anyone that tries to get across. generally positioned slightly in front or behind Pirlo, and quite close to him, a good passing option to keep possession while spaces open up in front. He occasionally runs forward in attack, but as soon as he smells danger he will sprint as fast as he can back to defense to help out.

I've found this to be quite useful, so if you are wondering how you can use Pirlo in DM you can try this and see. I am playing with the default Milan formation with pretty much the starting players.

A little off topic, but now that it is official that Milan have loaned Beckham for the upcoming January transfer window, how good are they going to be? The deal looks to be permanent after this season. Beckham and Pirlo launching crosses to Kaka and Inzaghi!

A little off topic, but now that it is official that Milan have loaned Beckham for the upcoming January transfer window, how good are they going to be? The deal looks to be permanent after this season. Beckham and Pirlo launching crosses to Kaka and Inzaghi!

Permanent? I thought it was a loan.

• 2 months later...

Archived