Your most prolific striker?

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished the 2032/33 season with my Oxford side on FM2010. The goals are drying up for 37 year old Felipe but he still managed to score in both the Champions League and FA Cup Final wins and notch up another 15 league goals. He also signed a new contract during the season and now has one year left till he hangs up his boots. He didn't feature for Brazil, depsite being called up for several squads..

49454472.png

33622746.png

Felipes record under me now stands at:

793 club games / 956 club goals (516 league games / 600 league goals)

169 International games / 122 International goals

Grand total since i signed him, including internationals:

962 games / 1078 goals

21856985.png

50368887.png

Hopefully he can break 1000 appearances in his final year..

Seydou Doumbia...I bought him once so far on FM12 and he just couldn't stop scoring, I hate myself right now because I deleted that save and now I'm trying to acquire him again and CSKA Moscow playing hardball, but I will get him by the end on the season and hopefully have a striker that can score in consectutive games.

Not yet my most prolific by any means, but he will be as I'll never ever let him go. Part of the first season's batch of regen's, "Possibly one of the best players of his generation". Everything was just right. Model professional. Local lad, born in Bergamo. Favourite staff? Me! And he's a great player. To make it even better his influence started of high and has increased since, so he'll be captain and club legend.

That is, unless someone steals him away. But they won't!

fabiomassarioverviewatt.png

• 2 months later...
My long-term replacement for Tunnicliffe:

247230_10150613455780268_607000267_18366890_7441057_n.jpg

Figured it was time for an update on this fella:

252255_10150623257980268_607000267_18456424_4101497_n.jpg

Can't find a more recent picture. He ended up with 20s everywhere and... sucked. At his very best he notched less than a goal per game. He was a beast for Brazil, but couldn't perform anywhere near the player he was brought in to replace.

Tunnicliffe ended up with over 1000 club goals in under 700 matches with nearly 150 international goals to go with them, but again no screenshot.

In FM2010...

migsofm10.jpg

Probably this guy before he got a major injury and went bald. Lost count of the number of times he ran from the half way line around an entire team before scoring.

agr4fm10.jpg

There was also Álvaro González Ruiz who is by far the best regen I've seen in one of my saves. Would have scored more but played in lots of different positions (cutting in from RWB was effective) because of his ridiculously good all round stats.

In 2012 so far it has been Declan McManus, who scored 13 in 16 last season.

decmcfm12.jpg

(props to deadpanda for the visual attributes btw)

Current Brazilian newgen is, hands-down, the greatest player I've ever had.

Has 101 goals in 121 games for me across all competitions (entering his fourth season with the club)

I shudder to think of what his stats would be if I played him in the minor cup competitions...

• 1 month later...

Michele Paolucci for AC Siena in FM11

this player was basically my one man team

1manteam.jpg

not insanely prolific in goalscoring, but look at his assists and avg rating. and look at the (lack of) quality of my other players. i won the Champions League with this squad believe it or not, and it's all mainly due to the performances of Paolucci. he was my RVP/DiNatale, one-man team

2012-05-01_00001FMMiguel.jpg

2012-05-01_00002fmmiguel2.jpg

Got better every season gone by but in the earlier season's was playing in AMC/AMR positions rather than up front. Ony this and most of the season before has he been playing in the striker position.

Only problem is though atm he is the only person scoring my next highest scorer this season is on 6, where it is normally more spread among them all.

Season 2033/34 completed with my Oxford side on FM10. Highlights were that Oxford won their 16th Premier League title and their 9th League Cup under my stewardship.

My 38 year old Brazilian striker Felipe scored 32 goals in 40 starts and 14 sub appearances in all competitions. 20 league goals was a decent effort from him and an improvement on the 15 he scored in the Premier League last term. Stats still look good too despite his advancing years:

2duftde.png

Felipe’s league career stats. 18 seasons now played at Oxford:

121so4h.png

Felipe has now appeared a record 844 times in all competitions for Oxford. He is 27 games short of breaking Engin Bekdemir’s league appearance record of 578 for the club though, but he will hopefully eclipse that next season.

t53zmc.png

Felipe’s record under me now stands at:

844 club games / 988 club goals (551 league games / 620 league goals)

169 International games / 122 International goals

Grand total since I signed him, including internationals for Brazil:

1013 games / 1110 goals

Nice to get him over the 1000 career appearances barrier. His next target for the new season is to score the 12 goals he needs to have 1000 goals for Oxford. The next goal he scores will also make him Oxford’s oldest ever goal scorer, another record currently held by Engin Bekdemir.

Of the 36,000 players in my game database the oldest are aged 39, of which there are only 10 or so who are all goalkeepers. Next there are roughly 40 players aged 38 and of the 12 outfield 38 year olds only 2 others are strikers, so surely time is almost up on Felipe’s amazing career.

I’m expecting the 2034/35 season to be his last but with a player as legendary as Felipe, who knows….

• 1 month later...
Loved reading back through this thread!

Any new prolific striker heroes from FM12? :)

Look here :http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/308967-Most-player-goals-in-a-season

Someone posted one with 159 goals in a single season, thats the most I have seen - a couple other people posted others with 100+ from FM2012. I got one with 73 in a single season as Weston super-mare!

• 2 months later...
Oscar Cardozo from Benfica! IMO completly overated (and im a Benfica fan)! IRL his a good player, but in FM his a monster striker! :D

I signed this guy over the weekend at the end of season 1 - 14m - scored 36 goals last year and already on 7/6 apps for me. Only pay him around 50k a week too.

Darren Bent on my Aston Villa save. He scored 63 goals from 40 Appearances (Including 7 as a substitute) last season. He's been injured at the start of this season which has given a chance for Yaya Sanogo to play (He scored 5 in my last game :p).

5nZYv.png

Having an adventure in Australia on this one, and while I do have a striker who I think probably deserves 1000 goals (and would be my first :D ), I'm not actually sure if we play enough games in a season for him to do it in. He was second choice for his first season, and for him to get 50 goals a year for 20 years would be such a challenge. From a slightly selfish point of view, I'm only disappointed that I bought him in, rather than him being through the academy.

CristinTapiaOverview_Attributes.png

His best season to date was last year, he scored 45 in 40 in all competitions, mainly because we battered some lesser Asian teams in the Champions League. He can grab a goal a game in the 27 league games, he's so much better than anyone else in this division. I've got him playing as a lone poacher, ahead of two winger and an advanced playmaker. Such is the quality of the defenders in Australia, that he can just drop deep, collect a short pass, then run through a few players to poke it home. At age 21, he has 143 goals in 144 games for club and country.

Thankfully, he lists both me and the club as favoured now, so hopefully he won't demand his justified move to the big leagues.

• 6 months later...

Season 2034-35 completed on Football Manager 2010 and sadly, at the tender age of 39, my legendary Brazilian striker Felipe has finally called time on his illustrious playing career and hung up his boots after 19 glorious years with my Oxford side to take up his new role as my assistant manager.

In his debut season in England his goals fired Oxford to our first ever Premier League and European triumphs which kick-started a crushing spell of dominance for the club, with Felipe as the lynchpin.

He truly has been the most remarkable player I’ve had the privilege to manage since playing FM/CM since the early 1990’s. His devastating pace and power terrorised defenders all over the world for over twenty years and his ruthless accuracy in front of goal won him and his team mates 61 winners medals and himself the crown of World Footballer of the Year a staggering ten times. He retires having set all time appearance and goal scoring records for both Oxford and Brazil which doubtless will ever be broken.

I think his greatest quality though, was his consistency. To have been that good for that long was just incredible.

Since signing from Palmeiras for a then record £4.7m at the start of the 2016-17 season, Felipe’s final record under my stewardship at Oxford stands at:

897 club games for Oxford / 1002 club goals (586 league games / 628 league goals)

169 International games for Brazil / 122 International goals

Grand total since I signed him, including internationals for Brazil:

1066 games / 1144 goals

Profile after his final season:

64747816.png

Career (League) stats:

81786085.png

Oxford best 11:

97835550.png

Biography:

42466417.png

Landmark Oxford Goal:

1000c.png

World Footballer of the Year:

worldfootballeroftheyea.png

In his prime aged 27:

primefelipe.png

• 3 months later...

It's December 2012 in my game, recently started a new Liverpool saved game with their new signings.

Iago Aspas - App 25 Goals 48

Luis Suarez - App 25 Goals 46

It's in ALL Competitions by the way. But getting in Edinson Cavani July 1st 2013. Moving Aspas to MC alongside Steven Gerrard & moving Luis Alberto to MR

Guessing he is enjoying the results from the 'Fitness custom preset' inside FMRTE as are most of us :)

No, I'm not.

If you'd like to discuss that product, please do it on their own forums, not here.

Best striker I had in FM12 was a Brazlian regen called Junior playing as Liverpool. His best single season he scored 81 goals and when I stopped playing the save he had 327 goals from 294 appearances.

LiverpoolHistory_BestEleven2481_zpsb46475c1.png

LiverpoolOverall24_zps681ba816.png

In my current FM13 save my best is 44 goals in a season by Bastian Adami but he is still only 20 so has plenty of time to do better :)

BastianAdami_OverviewProfile-3_zpsa4ccec31.png

I will always remember I had a player on FM07 handheld for the PSP called Matt Rowntree, he was a regen and he was scoring goals for fun for Port Vale.

In current saves I have had Tom Pope and Jermain Easter firing me to League One with Port Vale and Le Fondre and Gary Hooper banging in the goals for Birmingham City in the Premier League!

Ackter... and others who are getting 60+ goals in a season with a striker...

Could you be kind enough to upload your tactic so I can download it? I am interested in starting a new challenge of playing in Brazil and getting a forward (Neymar probably) to score 1000+ career goals.

I need to find a tactic that really maximizes goals form 1 position.

Yup. The entire team is there to give support basically.

The wingers run to the corners, the midfielders tend to stay outside the box, so every ball forward goes to the striker.

Oh that's a cool concept. I always wanted to create a team full of support for 1 guy but it's never worked out. Do you have any modified roles (ticked)? And I see the striker is a target man, hows he getting the ball? I see he's average at heading, is this an issue?

Do you change anything depending on the situation?

Archived