Your most prolific striker?

THere's nothing unrealistic about the newgens - but the way the match engine handles them definitely is.

It's the match engine that needs the work.

Of course there is. Newgens appearing at the age of 16 and looking like world class players is unrealistic.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rooney. Ronaldo. Other Ronaldo.

It happens.

(Incidentally, Tunnicliffe looked awful until about 19 which is when I started playing him properly iirc)

Come on man, surley those 3 weren't anywhere near being world class players unlike lots of newgens in FM? Newgens who are younger then 18 and having at least 3 star CA is definitely wrong.

Hex's player is the equivalent of a one-footed Lionel Messi, I don't see the problem. (Change Lionel Messi to one-footed and his attributes will rearrange themselves).

It's not like there's a dozen of these players turning up every season.

I've seen maybe two or three world class 16 year olds in my save.

Hex's player is the equivalent of a one-footed Lionel Messi, I don't see the problem. (Change Lionel Messi to one-footed and his attributes will rearrange themselves).

It's not like there's a dozen of these players turning up every season.

I've seen maybe two or three world class 16 year olds in my save.

Footedness is totally another problem that seriously needs to be looked at. IRL two footed players are not as nearly dominant as they are in FM, but anyway I have all Brazilian players loaded and you'd be surprised how much young world class players are generated on every 1st January.

Of course there is. Newgens appearing at the age of 16 and looking like world class players is unrealistic.

I'm a regular FMRTE user and I've never seen any regen at age 16 with "world-class" CA. (I take world-class to be at least 170+CA)

The very best regens might be able to win a rotational slot in a top (human-built) team at 16 with CAs of say 140 but they are certainly not world-class.

This is pretty realistic IMO, the very best real-life players might break into the first team in a club in a top league at 16 but I can't think of a single example where a 16-year-old is considered world-class. They aren't even first-choice players for a top club or international side usually.

He's so Brazillian. Awesome attacker with flair, utterly useless when you don't have the ball.

I guess he can only ever be a poacher with passing and crossing? If he doesn't shoot, he is definitely going to give the ball to the opposition.

edit: I love that he's so incredibly good at heading without ever being likely to win one if there is a defender in the box.

Yeah, well... He's blatantly just going to dribble his way through the defences anyway.

My venture into level 9 is proving to be both hilarious and successful :D

GrahamCheesemanProfile_Attributes.png

Unbrielievable.

edit, just seen this;

Graham Cheeseman- Signed on a free. 11 goals in 32, my top scorer in first season with Solihull. Get in, lol.

You have an eye for talent Jay96 ;)

Yeah, well... He's blatantly just going to dribble his way through the defences anyway.

Surprisingly no - he's having an incredibly slow start and is just under a goal a game.

Tunnicliffe at 24 is still keeping him out the team at the moment.

Well, I don't remember how many goals. But in FM10 when I signed for Twente, I got Vagif Javadov from Azerbaiyan that wasn't a starter, I added him to the initial 11 and he got tired of scoring XD. The following season he went to Liverpool.

And in FM09 I got a surprise because when I signed for Boca, they got Mauro Obolo in the team (He's an average ST). And he also got tired of scoring so many goals XD

ATM, I have Gabriel Hauche that is having a good season, he also scored in his first national match when I called him :O

Easily the greatest season I've ever had a player have in all my years of coaching (exclusively MLS teams):

carlosandrprofileattrib.png

That's now 115 goals in 169 games, 7.46 rating. Freebie in my first season, slapped a $20 million pricetag on him and as of yet no team has made any sort of offer for him. Few more months and he'll finally be elligible for the Canadian team.

Runner-up is Seba, a $6 million signing after the first season. Currently sitting on 78 goals in 136 games, 7.33 rating.

Leigh Griffiths in 2015.

Very average attributes, all of my coaches giving him only 2.5 stars, but he is banging goals like crazy in EPL and Euro Cup with almost 1:1 rate.

There is something special about this guy.

Cavani @ Tottenham in 2014 .. no sure how many goals he has

OR

Cedric Bakambu @ Sunderland.. took 7 seasons to become Sunderlands top league goalscorer..didn't make his international debut until he was 29 and so far has scored 52 in 39 for France!

I have just finished my first full season as manager of Athletico Madrid after several seasons at Arsenal and had to find a striker to replace the retiring Sergio Aguero.

Here's the striker I got, he's got the highest goals to games ratio I've ever managed to get out of a striker in any FM and has just been confirmed as top league goalscorer.

Edit: I played him as a poacher with no tweaks to his player instructions at all this season. Might consider changing his wide play instruction to cuts inside rather than moves into channels to see if I can get him scoring even more next season.

WilsonRibeiroProfile_Attributes.png

• 1 month later...

This thread is really inspiring for those of us with long term games. "Some day I'll find a Tunnicliffe! Just one more year....". I do wonder how those with games past 2020 manage to play so many seasons? It takes me forever!

:lol:

Not sure why I'm laughing, I'm in 2033 ...but ya know.

Anyway, I just don't get how players can get so many goals. I got a guy to 52 league goals but that was Championship. In the Premiership, highest is 34 league goals. Usually though, best strikers gets 25ish.

You need to set the entire team up so that all goals come through your main striker. He was scoring the majority of my goals (except in one season where the whole team went goal crazy).

Would probably have to be this lad for me, a regen signed on my original Newcastle save when I first got FM11. Don't think I've had anyone quite as prolific on previous versions of FM. Though Gregorz Mielcarski came close for my Aberdeen team back in CM97/98. On my current Newcastle save Kevin Gameiro is incredibly consistent, at last count he had 89 goals from 88 appearances.

Mohammed Abdel Hamid

MohammedAbdelHamidHistory_CareerStats-2.png

Best Season so far:

MohammedAbdelHamidProfile_Attributes-5-1.png

He actually finished this season with 78 goals in all competitions, this screenshot was taken at the end of the League season, but we still had a Champs League final to play and he bagged another 2 there.

He was actually something of a slow starter for us and though the scouts had recommended him highly I wasn't too convinced, but after his first season his attributes developed pretty quickly, and in his third season he ousted Mario Balotelli as our 1st choice poacher and never looked back. Still only 25 so there's a lot more to come from him in goalscoring terms.

His overall record for us so far is 289 appearances, scoring 299 goals and making 77 assists. That save ended up getting corrupted so I stopped playing it for a while, however I was able to get it sorted with help from the SI boffins so I will dip into again in the future to see just how many he'll score before he calls it a day.

There are quite some impressive players among there. I only have one. Probably soon a second one.

My best striker ever was a player from Lithuania: Ginataras Pinkevicius. He managed to score 37 times out of 34 games, but if counted all other matches he played (domestic cup, CL, etc.) he scored 59 times. I didn't win the Champions League that year. I don't have much of a history when it comes to winning Champions Leagues anyway, but it was the save in which he spawned that I won the Champions League for the first time ever.

I only have a screenshot of one season of him (the moment he started breaking every record for me) and that was only his 'history' page. I never did expect that he would become my best striker of all times.

Currently I have a giant Dutch prospect coming up: Michael Pronk, who is too a newgen. I played LLM in Holland and this is my second season in the highest Dutch division, the Eredivisie. I managed to get to the final (thanks to great drawings every time) in the domestic cup and therefore got in to the Europa League (in which I was defeated in the groups). In my second season I decided to hire Pronk from Arsenal. With a team that would have to play well to get among the first 9, I became a title candidate together with Ajax and Heerenveen (the other team I manage). With three games left, I am currently ranked first with my other team and Heerenveen as second. Pronk is the main reason I am doing so well and has already more assists on his name than Pinkevicius ever made in one season and is nearing his amount of goal scoring in the domestic competition. With 29 goals out of 31 games he is on his way to become one of the best strikers in my FM history. He already surpassed every other good striker I've had and has only Pinkevicius to beat.

Mohammed Amine Diffalah (Algeria) and Davide Postiglione (Italy) also deserve to be mentioned. Postiglione was Pinkevicius 'second man' in a 4-2-2-2 formation a long time ago. Although he wasn't even close to Pinkevicius' quality he played fairly consistent and would certainly, at least, be nominated in my dream team. It wasn't unusual for him to score around 15 tot 20 goals a season. In addition to the goal-scoring-monster next to him, that was pretty impressive. Diffalah was no where near Pinkevicius or Pronk's quality and is far more easily compared to Postiglione. Diffalah was a lone striker in a 4-1-1-3-1 formation with a DM. Even though Pinkevicius is my best striker, it's difficult to say whether he was also the best player I've ever had. Czech newgen, Ladislav Koci (DM) and Ladislav Zapletal (MC) are right up there too. It was thanks to Koci and Zapletal that Diffalah became as successful as he did.

I hate myself for never making any screen shots of Zapletal, Diffalah, Pinekvicius, De Wit, Koci and Postiglione or any other 'legendary' player from my pre-FM '10 times. I haven't had any players getting near their quality in FM '10 and beyond. Not on those positions at least. Out of memory of Koci and Pinkevicius, I named my 'second' manager (I always play with two managers) to my two best, ever, players. Celinka Pinkevicius-Koci. If I, any day, decide to play with a third manager, I usually name him or her after Zapletal or De Wit. My best ever midfielder and best ever central defender.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived