Your most prolific striker?

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I give you, Michael Wilson:

screenshot20110514at151.png

He's not as great attributes-wise as many of the players posted on here, but as his record shows, he can compete with anyone for goals. The best part of all is that he was a Chelsea academy product, he has 105 league goals in 102 league appearances, and 183 goals in all competitions so far. This is just the end of his third season, so he's still got a long way to go in the game yet.

I give you, Michael Wilson:

screenshot20110514at151.png

He's not as great attributes-wise as many of the players posted on here, but as his record shows, he can compete with anyone for goals. The best part of all is that he was a Chelsea academy product, he has 105 league goals in 102 league appearances, and 183 goals in all competitions so far. This is just the end of his third season, so he's still got a long way to go in the game yet.

Jesus, looks like we could have another 1000 goal striker on our hands!

Jesus, looks like we could have another 1000 goal striker on our hands!

I have been updating his progress in the Danny Roberts Challenge thread in the challenges forum, so if you want to have a look at his past seasons, take a look in there.

Glad you guys think as much of him as I do, can't wait to see him at his peak!

most_goals.jpg

There's a few stats to sink your teeth into, Keirrison with 12 goals in a single match (he took the match ball home and all the ones the ballboys had too :D). Leigh Stones is the man that continues to feed pensioner Keirrison to get goals. He's become his legs and strength to keep the ball. That said the 4-4-2 I play on FM09 and the poor quality regen managers sees things like this happening all too often.

My most prolific striker in one season...

ArsenalHistory_Records.png

The formation...

ArsenalArsenal_Tactics.png

This was on 08. I'll go through another season with them to see if Adebayor can repeat the feats of last season.

most_goals.jpg

There's a few stats to sink your teeth into, Keirrison with 12 goals in a single match (he took the match ball home and all the ones the ballboys had too :D). Leigh Stones is the man that continues to feed pensioner Keirrison to get goals. He's become his legs and strength to keep the ball. That said the 4-4-2 I play on FM09 and the poor quality regen managers sees things like this happening all too often.

Santy, i take it you were Brazil manager too?

I am indeed Brazil manager, the 973 is league goals doesn't consider any of his league, FA & european cup goals or his 200 odd international goals. As you can see when he can score 12 goals in a single cup game, there is the potential for huge distortion between league and total :p

Unfortunately I've never been able to get even a 50 goals in a season scorer on FM11 and only had it once or twice on FM10.

My two most prolific Strikers are David Stewart and Gareth Evans.

David Stewart

DavidStewartProfile_Attributes-2.png

Including international goals he has hit 959 Goals in 702 apps.

GarethEvansProfile_Attributes-2.png

Including international goals he has hit 209 goals in 165 apps

Overall XI

BridgendTownHistory_BestEleven-1.png

This is my most prolific striker and best regen ever. I think he can reach 1,000 career goals comfortably - would be easier if he actually played internationals for Japan. If you factor in 100-150 international caps I'm sure he could get close to 200 goals (playing in weak Asian groups, wouldn't be surprised if he gets more).

When he qualified for English citizenship I immediately applied for and got the English job at the next opportunity...but found I couldn't call him up and so I resigned! Shortest term ever...was manager for a day or so. I play him as a poacher next to a TM(Support) but I'm going to try Advanced Forward next season. His scoring record in the last three seasons was upwards of 1.5 goals per game.

toshihirokamadaprofilea.png

toshihirokamadahistoryc.png

When he first came I couldn't get a WP for him (the selectors must have been blind) so he played a half-season less than otherwise. Offered him a new contract in Jan and managed to get him into the team.

wentohnewsinbox7.png

He routinely breaks all kinds of records (already Liverpool's highest ever scoring player at 24, pushed Messi off the Golden Ball awards before Messi's stats started dropping.)

Advanced Forward isn't working for me, he isn't even the top-scorer in my team anymore! Could the guys who have strikers scoring over 100 goals a season (in a top league) post briefly about their tactics? I think my striker here is about as good as it gets (for a fast small striker type) but would like to know how to push the scoring boundaries even further.

Anyway, just for fun, here's one of his better goals (first one but the second ain't bad too):

[video=youtube;b_K5Cc34BvU]

Taken a short break from FM10 and Felipe and fired up a FM11 game with the mighty Real Madrid.

Well season one completed and Higuain hit 94, which is only 4 less than Felipes best ever season on my Oxford FM10 save!

capturekog.png

I've also got Romelu Lukaku who is 18 years old now. I might play him next season instead of Higuain and see if i can get him to score 1000 like Felipe. Thing is though it's much less of an acheivement doing it with Real Madrid but i can't be bothered to drag another team to the top like i did with Oxford on FM10..

messij.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Not a bad season for the lad, looks like hes going to become my first 1000 goal striker on FM11. Pity hes just asked for a new contract and is wanted 120k per week, normally id begrudge such a hefty wage hike but he certainly deserves it!

Lets hope he does the buisness for me in the champions league final against Porto :p

How the hell do you get your strikers to score over 50 league goals?? Any special tactic? Please post it on here if you have a great tactic.

I'm playing with the 451 tactics wizard tactic with the lone striker changed to a poacher.

So you just set your tactics to all the defaults that the Wizard gives you and all you do is change the striker role to poacher?

Pretty much yeah.

I think I changed the winger roles to inside forwards too, I can't remember what they are by default.

Meh, he's just too far dominant in ME similar as Tunnicliffe. Looking forward to hopefully improved newgen system in FM12. Traits are good in FM11 but still large amount of newgens are highly unrealistic.

Archived