Your most prolific striker?

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way santy001, none of those links are working. :(

That challenge is only for goals scored under your management, isn't it?

I just had a quick tally up and Vermeer is on 369 but that includes goals scored at clubs other than my own. He's 27 now, so no chance at all of him making 1,000 goals! :D

I've no idea how I would manage 1,000 goals. It must require at least a few 100 goal seasons! :eek:

Nep was actually beaten later on by Kroblues with Paul Spence, Nep did hold the mantle for a good while though I don't see anyone breaking Kroblues though unless someone really gears up for another Irish save lol.

Yea, I think there must have been some loss when the forums changed over, i'll put the other links in:

FM08's "The Danny Roberts Challenge : Difficulty GODLIKE (Part 2)"

FM09's "The Danny Roberts Challenge : Difficulty GODLIKE (Part 3)"

The FM10 Danny Roberts Challenge

The proofs for the various players are split between those threads, I think Kroblues, myself and Nep finished ours up in the FM10 one possibly its been so long now.

The rules have been changing a bit and more slack and flex in them, for example with Keirrison, my chairman sold him from under me and he spent 2 years at Real Madrid, in the meantime I had a tycoon takeover and bought him back as soon as I could. I don't know what the ratios are with time at your club and stuff but I imagine the majority of a career under your management would be good enough as you can't always help it.

I'm interested to know if anyone has had such success with a lone striker?

Most of us with prolific strikers seem to play two up top. I wonder if having the support of a second striker seems to help? Perhaps because a lone striker has to be a more complete player, there is less chance for him to just be an out-and-out goalscorer?

As I posted, David Villa as a lone poacher got 69 in 51 apps.

Meet Alexander Hauck. My best prolific striker so far on my FM10 save. Got him when he was 15 for compensation and then raised him to be the best striker in the world for so many years. Scored 398 league goals in 423 matches for me. Sold him to Real Madrid when he was 31 years old (I kind of regret it now. I should've kept him and maybe score over 500 league goals for me).

This is Hauck when he was 26 at the peak of his goalscoring madness and his entire record career. I'm hoping my next stadium will be named after him :D

fm2010110522074158.jpg

fm2011013111313643.jpg

Keirrison did manage to break the 150 goal mark a couple of times, looking back at that save I spent so much time trying to get 1 better season for Keirrison than Smylie, just to see if it was possible in the premiership, I think the closest I ever got was within 30 - 40 goals of Smylies best season lol.

Through the Tottenham academy, and a Spurs fan? So you'll give 100% every game and never ever want to leave? English as well? And you're called English?

And you''re going to break all previous goalscoring records?

9StuartEnglish-3.png

Yes please. At his peak, he scored 69 goals in one season, 39 of those in the EPL.

Also, check out the awesome foursome he was in.

I need a lie down :O

Martin Palermo was always excellent for me on CM 00/01. Guaranteed 15-20 goals a season. I remember on a Blackburn game I started he got 25 league goals in his first season which helped me to finish 6th.

:) you are right..After you said i remember M. palermo at cm 00/01 they were the legends for that year's game...JARDEL,PALERMO,VİERİ:)

Has anyone signed Erin Derdiyok, a swiss striker. His stats may not look the best for a forward but I signed him in my first season with Liverpool and played him as a deep lying forward and the bloke is class. He has been my top scorer for 3 seasons averaging 20 per season ahead of Torres and Dzeko.

Can't post a screenshot at the mo as I am at work but take a look.

7cristianoronaldo11.png

7cristianoronaldo12.png

realmadridcf5.png

although not a typical striker, he's the only guy to score 60+ goals in a season and 500+ overall for me.

retrained to striker position in his middle 30's due to pace and acceleration stats fall

My career has gone from Worksop Town (BSS to L2), to Shrewsbury Town (L2 to Prem) to QPR (CCC to Prem, back to CCC, back to Prem). I'll post my three star strikers from my four and a half seasons at QPR.

Martin Gyan

Gyan is a true world class talent. I signed him for a bargain £1.2m, as an 18-year-old from Gornik Zabrze in Poland, He bagged 29 league goals (and 15 assists) in his first season as I finished 3rd and lost in the playoffs, then another 19 in the first 24 league games of the next season before Dynamo Kyiv's £9.75m bid was accepted by the board. I was promoted anyway but relegated straight away, with Gyan's absence the major reason as I had built the team around him. He's since gone onto score 17 goals in 32 caps for Ghana, including being the tournament top scorer in their African Nations victory in the same January he was sold. I trained him as a striker and played him there, but he seems to have lost that positional ability since leaving, judging by the screenshot.

Diego Diaz

I bought Diaz in January of my first ill-fated top flight season, for £4.2m from Banfield. He only scored one goal off the bench, but started the next CCC season as first choice striker. 27 goals and 10 assists later, in only 38 starts (and with four league hat-tricks), and we were back in the Prem. Unfortunately he's been playing a support role this season and has struggled, as he really needs to be a poacher or target man. I may cash in as there are a number of clubs sniffing around.

Faisal Sinnar

This guy is the reason Diaz has been relegated to a supporting role. I wasn't planning on signing another striker, but my scout found him playing at FC Timisoara in Romania, and I couldn't pass him up at £4m. His dribbling, first touch, pace, finishing and off the ball ratings make him ideal playing as either a poacher or an advanced forward, sitting on the shoulder of the last defender. Bagging 10 league goals in his first eight games saw him upgraded to 'wonderkid', and I've already had to double his wages to fend off interest from Man City and Liverpool.

Through the Tottenham academy, and a Spurs fan? So you'll give 100% every game and never ever want to leave? English as well? And you're called English?

And you''re going to break all previous goalscoring records?

9StuartEnglish-3.png

Yes please. At his peak, he scored 69 goals in one season, 39 of those in the EPL.

Also, check out the awesome foursome he was in.

lmao all those 20's....dribbling, first touch, near 20 for creativity and flair....and he only has 8 in technique? Strange combo. Awesome regen though mate!

Try Hulk from FC PORTO as poacher-unstoppable.In my first season netted something like 7 consecutive hattricks. I'm not on my pc. I'll add a screenshot later.

I can't purchase him though with any other team. They just don't want to sell him. If you put another striker, target man is best ,along him up in front to take defenders with him then Hulk will score even more.

Archived