The FM11 All-Nighter Thread (player-naming) 13/02/2011

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be honest i'm not sure. i'm playing my first friendly against my parent club maritimo and my boys are doing well. i'll have to go through the season with what i have because of 4 players who are paid a lot of money by us but seem to be in limbo because they can't be selected.

how is yours going? finland right?

yer im FC Santa Claus

Im going ok, im in 2022 now, finished top of the league for the first time last year. Just won the League cup, its set up as a pre season tournament in Finland. Have won it 3 of the last 4 years. Really happy my squads starting to come good, its been a long 12 seasons so far!

Can I jump into the excitement and ask for an idea for a new save? I am bored witless of trying to conquer the European circuit with Wigan after failing to retain the Premiership for the sixth consecutive year. Who knew signing old players with huge reputations could result in league success? Kaka got world player of the year at 35.

Back to the question; totally clueless on where to go now. Are dynamic league reputations making management in other countries worthwhile? I haven't had a good foreign save since FC Koper of Slovenia

i believe they are. I know someone on the board with Tampere United in Finland, in his league they have auto qual for CL and EL (all qual round to start with) and he is getting 25000 at a game.

Even with mine, really I havent done anything yet but already english players are semi interested in me, whereas before it was only eastern europeans and africans.

Very tempted to start an unemployment career in the Scandinavian area. Could be interesting to finally be able to sign some decent players for those teams. I remember when I got to the quarter finals of the EURO Cup with FC Koper, I had to break all kinds of records to get hold of Nacer Barazite and Jacob Mellis as Arsenal and Chelsea rejects respectively. Any recommendations for sizzling lower league management in the Eastern European block?

Ah, haven't looked at the challenge forums in actual years. After completing dafuge's with Mangotsfield, this seems an equally fun challenge. I think I might go Finland, Belarus and Iceland, as they are the 3 lowest non-UK and Ireland league reputations, with adding the notoriously 'buggy' Bulgarian league. Thanks for the advice. No doubt our paths will cross again on another 'Night Owl' page. I wish you luck with your Finnish endeavour.

yer im FC Santa Claus

Im going ok, im in 2022 now, finished top of the league for the first time last year. Just won the League cup, its set up as a pre season tournament in Finland. Have won it 3 of the last 4 years. Really happy my squads starting to come good, its been a long 12 seasons so far!

congratulations! sounds like my save with port vale it took me 6 years to get them into the premier league then another 5 to win it (2021 too). by the way did you create that club or is it a real club?

I've actually got a few hours ahead of me, but didn't want to intrude too heavily in your gaming pleasure. Just being distracted by early morning bird song suggesting I should be in bed. I think they will be ignored for now though.

congratulations! sounds like my save with port vale it took me 6 years to get them into the premier league then another 5 to win it (2021 too). by the way did you create that club or is it a real club?

Bardock, just out of curiosity, are you actually a Vale fan or were they just selected by chance? I am only asking as I have frequently visited Vale Park and adorned the top in chants of Wonder of You :p

nah its a real club, im doing gundos challenge, you basically choose one of a select number of leagues, i chose finland obviously, then you holiday a year and take over a team that got promoted to the lowest league.

I've actually got a few hours ahead of me, but didn't want to intrude too heavily in your gaming pleasure. Just being distracted by early morning bird song suggesting I should be in bed. I think they will be ignored for now though.

thats why these threads get set up mate, to chat to others playing an all nighter!

hahaha no i started unemployed they hired me in december of the first year because they were 20th if i recall correctly. although admittedly i now have a soft spot for them and do follow them from afar. chesterfield too they were my big save last year.

Don't let too many of those fans let you hear you having soft spots for both sides, they were only locking horns as promotion contenders recently! I am literally a couple miles down the road from Vale Park whilst at University, decided to adopt them as my second team.

Just noticed your researcher status aussieant. Still sore about Robbie Fowler jumping ship to Perth Glory? Or is Williams still getting the business done?

I actually dont support them, i was just asked to try help out to get the stats in the A-league a bit better! I have a friend send me a dvd with every game on it every few weeks, dont see much A-league in Terrassa!

I can't admit to having ever watched the A-League in detail, other than briefly knowing that Robbie Fowler was prolific for a while. If he is banging them in at 34/35, I can't imagine it is the greatest standard of league. I'd quite happily offer my two cents worth if FM ever got to the detail of including Inter-University football. I do think that is a rather distant dream though. If you are in the mood for offering your opinions, do you mind if you run an idea I just posted in suggestions past you? You seem to be fairly level headed, as forum posters go.

I can't admit to having ever watched the A-League in detail, other than briefly knowing that Robbie Fowler was prolific for a while. If he is banging them in at 34/35, I can't imagine it is the greatest standard of league. I'd quite happily offer my two cents worth if FM ever got to the detail of including Inter-University football. I do think that is a rather distant dream though. If you are in the mood for offering your opinions, do you mind if you run an idea I just posted in suggestions past you? You seem to be fairly level headed, as forum posters go.

go for it mate, always willing to share an opinion with someone that isnt just moaning about the game like alot of people on here do!

Pompey fan?

Nah just like the challenge of taking over a club that has hardly any players , horrible finances and it is a job that no manager would really dare with as it is destined to fail so looking forward to the challenge.

The idea, whether it is possible or not is another matter, is allowing users of offline databases to export their squads from their successful saves (e.g. if Santa Cruz were to go onto CL glory I am sure you would like to test their metal against other good sides) into a mutual server hosted by SI and do battle. Possibly in a large cup format, working down to same geographical position leagues and the option to interact with friendlies with your mates to see who has the best squad. Would finally settle who had the better team for offline saves. Like I said, whether it's possible is another issue, but if they can manage the interaction of databases for Network games and player v player on FML, I can't imagine they are far off being able to make it work.

Not sure if that made sense, outlined it more on suggestion page, will get you the link.

Don't let too many of those fans let you hear you having soft spots for both sides, they were only locking horns as promotion contenders recently! I am literally a couple miles down the road from Vale Park whilst at University, decided to adopt them as my second team.

keele? i only ask because i got accepted to keele and was considering going there but money was tight. we were living in brisbane at the time so attended the university of queensland.

keele? i only ask because i got accepted to keele and was considering going there but money was tight. we were living in brisbane at the time so attended the university of queensland.

Sure is. Proud member of Keele University. Small world, huh?

Am I the only one who absolutely hates conceding? Would rather play out a 0-0 draw then a 3-3.

Devised a tactic for the Italian league a while ago that played 6 defenders, 3 midfielders and a striker. Conceded 8 goals all season with Inter Milan. Was very chuffed with myself. Nothing worse than the flash of the opposition's colours for me either.

The idea, whether it is possible or not is another matter, is allowing users of offline databases to export their squads from their successful saves (e.g. if Santa Cruz were to go onto CL glory I am sure you would like to test their metal against other good sides) into a mutual server hosted by SI and do battle. Possibly in a large cup format, working down to same geographical position leagues and the option to interact with friendlies with your mates to see who has the best squad. Would finally settle who had the better team for offline saves. Like I said, whether it's possible is another issue, but if they can manage the interaction of databases for Network games and player v player on FML, I can't imagine they are far off being able to make it work.

Not sure if that made sense, outlined it more on suggestion page, will get you the link.

i know what your saying, i can see some downsides of it though. Alot of people use FMRTE etc to get top players at the club etc.

But in theory i would love it, to see FC Santa Claus dominating everyone around the world would be very satisfying!

i know what your saying, i can see some downsides of it though. Alot of people use FMRTE etc to get top players at the club etc.

But in theory i would love it, to see FC Santa Claus dominating everyone around the world would be very satisfying!

I thought of a couple of ways around FMRTE and pre-existing database changes, but meaning that they have to connect to a server like they have to on Football Manager Live. Stops them being able to change their squads then. And the server would only accept squad lists from official updates. Like I said, don't know whether they are technically capable of that, but would be amazing imo.

I thought of a couple of ways around FMRTE and pre-existing database changes, but meaning that they have to connect to a server like they have to on Football Manager Live. Stops them being able to change their squads then. And the server would only accept squad lists from official updates. Like I said, don't know whether they are technically capable of that, but would be amazing imo.

yer i think its a good idea if they can work out how to detect if FMRTE etc has been used. I usually dont post in that thread though, most people just tell you that your idea is stupid and shouldnt be added.

The most common response is "Id rather they get the actual game right first" - wish those people would read the thread title first :p

It seems that there is a large amount of idiots playing the game. Always nice when you stumble across another non-flaming idiot. I think they could perhaps stop some edits but even if they couldn't, it could be avoided by a CA/PA cap (maybe). You could even have an open competition where all the players are of a set standard (like the way you get that Master League team everytime you start PES Career modes) and see who has the most tactical nouse. Couldn't be many arguments that way. I mean, the 'idiots' that would be tempted to cheat probably wouldn't know what had hit them if they came up against someone with solid tactical ability.

Archived