Players to look for in next patch

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eriksen definetly, but there is alot of young belgians prospect in real life. I think Belgium will be world number one someday

mmm, belgium has no team. believe me, im a belgian footy guide....

as long as they dont have a right and left side defender, they ll never be nr 1. a lot of talented players, individual BEASTS!! but not a team...

Look at Rooney's attributes. He has the stats of one of the best players in the world. Look at his performances over his career, not just last year. You see a lot of good seasons but only one great season, last year. If anything, the knee jerk reaction was making him that good after a season that will never reproduce. He has only scored more than 14 goals twice(05-06 & last year) and last year was the only time he had scored more than a goal every other game. In comparison, Torres has done it every full year he's been in the PL. I'm not saying that Rooney needs to be made into a bum but he should not be one of the best strikers in the world. Rate him based on his career as a whole which is still a very very good player but not world class.

Only one year has torres done significantly better in the goals tally. Rooney doesn't play as a conventional striker a lot of the time unlike torres who is depended on for goals.

People forget that PA should be the absolute limit of how good a player should be. PA should not change after a player has reached a certain age but it doesn't always mean that their CA will reach it.

As for the argument that players can't be world class because they dont do anything internationally, that is a joke. There are any number of great or even world class players who have never done anything internationally because of either the country they play for or the way they are played in that team. Messi didnt do much at the world cup, lets lower his stats. phhh

The big thing about Rooney is he has only played one season as the main goal geter at Man U, and he did very very well, the rest of the time he has played as a support striker, so infact for the role he plays his goal ratio is very very good. Also again ratings are based on last season, last season Rooney was unstoppable until he got injured and he was their main goal threat, hence why he is good at it in the game, play as your lead man and like he did last season he will get a lot of goals, play him as a support striker, like he has for every other season at united and he will do that job very well.

tbh you can whinge all about 'form' and 'class' all you want

but based on the precedent that was the Elano rating on FM08? (just after he joined city) then this is a totally valid argument (he was in a purple patch and was given god-like ratings for patch x.1 and then subsequently decreased in patch x.3)

as for Rooney, he ALWAYS has been overrated on FM (although this just might be a strikers issue in general) in that Rooney always scores over 25 per league season (even when he first moved to Man Utd and scored <15 goals in the previous season)

this issue just might be for strikers in general, but i think it's emphasised by the fact that Rooney scores >20 per season, when he never gets anywhere near that IRL (bar last season), he has since regressed (FM speak) into about a 15-20 goal per season striker (and is worthy of a decrease) but then i've been of the belief that ALL english researchers overrated the players anyways (compare Darren Bent [who has scored 10 goals this season] to Edinson Cavani)

@kkas - Messi was arguably argentina's best player at the world cup (and even got nominated for the golden ball)... which measn that he had a good world cup, rather than 'flopped' on the international stage

tbh you can whinge all about 'form' and 'class' all you want

but based on the precedent that was the Elano rating on FM08? (just after he joined city) then this is a totally valid argument (he was in a purple patch and was given god-like ratings for patch x.1 and then subsequently decreased in patch x.3)

as for Rooney, he ALWAYS has been overrated on FM (although this just might be a strikers issue in general) in that Rooney always scores over 25 per league season (even when he first moved to Man Utd and scored <15 goals in the previous season)

this issue just might be for strikers in general, but i think it's emphasised by the fact that Rooney scores >20 per season, when he never gets anywhere near that IRL (bar last season), he has since regressed (FM speak) into about a 15-20 goal per season striker (and is worthy of a decrease) but then i've been of the belief that ALL english researchers overrated the players anyways (compare Darren Bent [who has scored 10 goals this season] to Edinson Cavani)

@kkas - Messi was arguably argentina's best player at the world cup (and even got nominated for the golden ball)... which measn that he had a good world cup, rather than 'flopped' on the international stage

i agree with pretty much all of this post. You're abit harsh on Rooney saying he never gets near more than 20 goals a season but i see what you are saying.

As for Messi i'm not sure why there is an opinion that he flopped at the world cup. He was playing a different role and position to what he plays for Barca and he was unlucky not to get a few goals but all in all i thought he pulled most of the strings for Argentina and seemed to transition from amazing goalscorer to a world class playmaker which proved even more what a class act he is.

wilshere needs some attributes changing, his pa is fine. ramsey can be lowered as his is a bit ott anyway imo

as an arsenal fan i watch 99% of our games so i think it's fair to say

djourou needs a higher pa and some stats improved

wilshere needs to be a natural cm not amc and have improved tackling, strength and atnticipation

arshavin should be slightly downgraded on this seasons performances (recent turnaround?) especially passing and work rate

nasri could have his pace improved a little and some stats tweaked...

theo needs to have better technical stats which are lower than agbonlahors (LOL)

ryo needs to be created and added on loan to feyanord

fabianski and sneezy need to be upgraded also

lookinbg forward to the patch but i don't know if stats are changed?

Upgrade:

Ibrahimovic: Mostly mentals. He has become an amazing team player and leader this year. Very good work rate and all that now.

Cassano: Mostly passing. Literally amazing at assists now.

Robinho: Mostly mentals. Also works very hard and is more determined and works for the team. If they had a stat for shooting power it should be moved down to 0 though.

Merkel: he has been a revelation really. Really looks a top top player in the making.

Downgrade:

I'd definitely downgrade people like Rooney and Torres further. Ideally they'd be some sort of stat for long term form. I'm sure what length of time consistency relates to or whether it is just done on a game per game basis. But people like Torres and Rooney should have a 0 for a stat that determines how well they can maintain form in the long term. Someone like David Villa would have 20 because he always plays good.

But going on the current system, Torres and Rooney are both just not all that great. High flair maybe, but you know, its just not acceptable at all to be as poor as Rooney was at the World Cup for example.

i agree with pretty much all of this post. You're abit harsh on Rooney saying he never gets near more than 20 goals a season but i see what you are saying.

I mean league stats (rather than all comps)

let's look shall we

Everton:

33apps, 6 goals

34apps, 9 goals

Man Utd:

29apps, 11 goals

36apps, 16 goals

35apps, 14 goals

27apps, 12 goals

30apps, 12 goals

32apps, 26 goals

17apps, 5 goals (this season)

he has only scored more than 20 league goals on 1 occasion throughout his career, whereas on FM he seems to score 20-25 goals per season (this has been going since at least FM08)

let's look shall we

Everton:

33apps, 6 goals

34apps, 9 goals

Man Utd:

29apps, 11 goals

36apps, 16 goals

35apps, 14 goals

27apps, 12 goals

30apps, 12 goals

32apps, 26 goals

he has only scored more than 20 league goals on 1 occasion throughout his career, whereas on FM he seems to score 20-25 goals per season (this has been going since at least FM08)

yeah fair enough i thought you were referring to all competitions.

let's look shall we

Everton:

33apps, 6 goals

34apps, 9 goals

Man Utd:

29apps, 11 goals

36apps, 16 goals

35apps, 14 goals

27apps, 12 goals

30apps, 12 goals

32apps, 26 goals

Consider though that the AI uses Rooney in a far different way than Fergie (last year aside)... He plays as a striker on both but as someone said above he very often plays as a focal striker on the game whereas he generally plays a support role irl. Last year he was focal with berbatov support and roles reversed this year. Also a lot of the media, and consequently the fans have taken their rose tints off and every bad pass he does now is over-analyzed. As someone asked above, exactly which of his stats are overrated? All of them is a bit poor of an answer.

I was going to say tevez scores far too much in game too (far more annoying than rooney!) till I saw his scoring record for city too, the guy has something like 50 goals in 80 games, awesome!

Consider though that the AI uses Rooney in a far different way than Fergie (last year aside)... He plays as a striker on both but as someone said above he very often plays as a focal striker on the game whereas he generally plays a support role irl. Last year he was focal with berbatov support and roles reversed this year. Also a lot of the media, and consequently the fans have taken their rose tints off and every bad pass he does now is over-analyzed. As someone asked above, exactly which of his stats are overrated? All of them is a bit poor of an answer.

I was going to say tevez scores far too much in game too (far more annoying than rooney!) till I saw his scoring record for city too, the guy has something like 50 goals in 80 games, awesome!

its not a matter of stats its the fact that rooney scores 30 league goals a season on fm.

its not a matter of stats its the fact that rooney scores 30 league goals a season on fm.

Thats because in the game he is played as the main striker, and like last season when he played that role in real life shows, he will score a lot of goals. In the real world he is played as a support striker not the main goal getting striker, play him in a support role in the game and he will not score as much as he does, but the AI play him as the main focal point of their attack hence he scores a shed load of goals.

Thats because in the game he is played as the main striker, and like last season when he played that role in real life shows, he will score a lot of goals. In the real world he is played as a support striker not the main goal getting striker, play him in a support role in the game and he will not score as much as he does, but the AI play him as the main focal point of their attack hence he scores a shed load of goals.

but even last season he didnt score 30+ league goals.

but even last season he didnt score 30+ league goals.

he doesnt score over 30 a season in the game either, i can provide screen shots from 5 different saves which shows that, he does score over 20 each season, which you would expect from a main striker. Anyway, FM is in the future, not the past, who's to say if he goes onto be a main striker he wont score over 30 a season he is good enough to do that, and last season he probably would have scored more if not for the injury against Bayern which ended his season and world cup before it got going.

he doesnt score over 30 a season in the game either, i can provide screen shots from 5 different saves which shows that, he does score over 20 each season, which you would expect from a main striker. Anyway, FM is in the future, not the past, who's to say if he goes onto be a main striker he wont score over 30 a season he is good enough to do that, and last season he probably would have scored more if not for the injury against Bayern which ended his season and world cup before it got going.

this argument has grown from previous versions of fm as well but i've seen rooney score more than 30 league goals in a season as well as tevez, besides your argument that fm is set in the future is totally pointless. Its true that rooney may go on to be that good but how is that a basis for a rating in fm? Players need to be rated on how they perform season by season so to defend rooney as though he may go on to be that good is total rubbish.

this argument has grown from previous versions of fm as well but i've seen rooney score more than 30 league goals in a season as well as tevez, besides your argument that fm is set in the future is totally pointless. Its true that rooney may go on to be that good but how is that a basis for a rating in fm? Players need to be rated on how they perform season by season so to defend rooney as though he may go on to be that good is total rubbish.

so are you saying he should never have the ability to score 30 league goals in a season because he has never done it so far?

To be honest, Babacar can get you 40-50 league goals if you play him correctly - it's a matter of match engine, tactics as well as attributes.

As you will be able to tell from this post I am a Celtic fan and the players I think should be changed in the team are:

Upgraded

Mark Wilson

Thomas Rogne

Emilio Izaguirre

Beram Kayal

Anthony Stokes

Gary Hooper

Kris Commons (new signing)

Ki Sung Yeung

Joe Ledley

Downgraded

Glenn Loovens

Scott Brown

Efrain Juarez

Nial McGinn

Daryl Murphy

And the youth players that should be upgraded are

Patrik Twardzik

Filip Twardzik

James Keatings

Bahrudin Atajic

Coming from a dane i would think Christian Eriksen (Ajax) and Frederik Sørensen (Juventus) are among players that can be good in Europe...Its hard to say if they can reach the world class level, both of them are still young. But they are talented no doubt about that imo.

La Masia is the best breeding ground for talent anywhere in world football but Barca's youngsters are ridiculously under-rated. Romeu, Gerard and Rafa Alcantara are -8's! Seriously! They can only ever have the same potential as Ivan Klasnic! And of course Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal's young players have better potential than Barca's

Look at Rooney's attributes. He has the stats of one of the best players in the world. Look at his performances over his career, not just last year. You see a lot of good seasons but only one great season, last year. If anything, the knee jerk reaction was making him that good after a season that will never reproduce. He has only scored more than 14 goals twice(05-06 & last year) and last year was the only time he had scored more than a goal every other game. In comparison, Torres has done it every full year he's been in the PL. I'm not saying that Rooney needs to be made into a bum but he should not be one of the best strikers in the world. Rate him based on his career as a whole which is still a very very good player but not world class.

I totally agree with you - can't believe he is rated as world class, he hasn't even scored a world cup goal and he's played in 2 WC competitions. I always wonder if he would get as much attention if he were welsh or scottish, personally i don't think he would

I no longer care about anyone but Gomes, somebody for the love of god downgrade him...! ;)

Just been knocked out of the champions league by tottenham 1-0 over two legs with that.......... Whatever you want to call him, getting 9+ in both games! Grrrrr! I think ability wise he's a little underrated irl but he is easily the best goalkeeper I play against in game! Posted about him recently in the 'bogey players' thread too, seems I tempted fate! :(

so are you saying he should never have the ability to score 30 league goals in a season because he has never done it so far?

no but he shouldn't be able to do it consistently. I don't want to make this about Rooney though because there are a number of strikers that score too many goals at club and particularly at international level. Goal records are constantly broken at international level by players you wouldn't expect to get there.

no but he shouldn't be able to do it consistently. I don't want to make this about Rooney though because there are a number of strikers that score too many goals at club and particularly at international level. Goal records are constantly broken at international level by players you wouldn't expect to get there.

Your maybe right but fm cant predict the future it needs to be balanced some how

its impossible to say that, if Rooney had consistantly been played as a main goal getting striker for a few seasons and not had a season like last i would agree but all we have to go on is the one season he was the main man, and in that season he was amazing at that job, hence his stats reflect this.

thought i would add this here if thats ok since i will be wanting to get him if its true

will henrick larsson be a player in the new patch because in his wikipedia page it says he is now PLAYER-manager for landskrona bois ?

Can you get Player - Managers in FM? Never seen one. Why would you want to sign him anyway, Might aswell sign Doyle.

Can you get Player - Managers in FM? Never seen one. Why would you want to sign him anyway, Might aswell sign Doyle.

yeah you can get player managers, well the reason i want to get him is because im a celtic fan m8 just one more season of king henrik(i wish lol)

its impossible to say that, if Rooney had consistantly been played as a main goal getting striker for a few seasons and not had a season like last i would agree but all we have to go on is the one season he was the main man, and in that season he was amazing at that job, hence his stats reflect this.

and he still didnt get 30 goals. This isn't a problem for fm 11 as his rating is finally justified but even before fm 11 he was one of the best goalscorers in the game before he proved it irl. This isn't going anywhere tbh i'm not even arguing that he needs a downgrade i just think there are a number of strikers that score more than they do irl and maybe its a match engine issue i don't know and tbh i don't care anymore.

Ilicic will be improved im sure.

Nobody expected him to have the season he is having.

Commons too will be upgraded - big move tends to mean that in FM terms and his form for Derby was immense.

Agree with an earlier poster that Barca's world class youth academy seems to have been ignored in the game. They never produce anything they haven't bought.

Archived