Freezing 3D screen

Sometimes, when I start a match, on the first 3D highlight, the players will freeze and start running on the spot for about 10 seconds, and then the action starts again. This tends to be during the first highlight and at no other point in the match.

My laptop is very capable with 3D and has good graphics - my computer performance and game speed FM ratings are both 5 stars. Using the Windows Experience Index, my graphics rating is 6.4, and my 3D graphics rating is 6.9.

My 3D rating in FM is 4.5 stars, and even so, I've set it to Low quality to try and fix the problem.

I've downloaded the latest graphics card drivers from NVidia's website (which is more up to date than Dell's website).

Does anyone else get this, and why does it happen? Can I avoid it?

Sometimes updating your graphics card drivers helps with this kind of issues but not with this game. It's probably down to how this game is programmed and as advised earlier you will learn to live with it. ;) Hopefully the new patch will improve the graphical side of the game (doubt it).

My computer scores slightly lower in the ratings than yours (only just) and I only experiance this issue when my laptop is on battery power, rather than plugged in (thus not running to its full capacity).

Suggests there is an error with your computer as apposed to the game.

Thanks. Instead of making a sweeping statement like that, could you volunteer some options I can try?

I have absolutely no idea. I have heard over the years many bad things about Dells and im sure thats what you said your computer was in another thread.

Update graphics card drivers is a must, even if the pc is brand new as they always ship with old drivers.

This Dell has got many good reviews and won Computer Shopper, WhatLaptop and TrustedReviews.com yearly awards.

I've also updated the graphics drivers.

Does anyone who knows what they're talking about suggest somethings that can be changed - especially as it's affecting several people.

Dear me, you dont get the answer you want and immediately indicate that said person doesnt know what they are talking about..

Sigh.

I challenge you to find ANY computer manufacturer who hasnt won an award for X, Y or Z - they all have, it means utterly nothing. My wife has owned a dell before it proved to be nothing but trouble from start to finish. Its anecdotal I realise, but you asked the question, you got your answer.

If you have updated your graphics drivers have you tried the following:

1) Change the sound settings from smart to All - sounds counter intiuative, but for many years this solved all maner of graphical glitches as the game was searching for a sound file before it could display the graphics and thus there was a stutter.

2) Have you tried one by one disabling the 'option' boxes (eg stadiums) and seeing if any of them make a difference. I know you might think you have some super dooper computer, but games and hardware dont always work as seemlessly as they should.

Archived