Project 2160: 150 years on football

I downloaded the save file for my old laptop which is only 1gb and it couldnt even open the file as the game kept crashing. some peoples computers may not be powerful enough to handle a save which is 888mb i know my laptop isn't.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

interesting save ga,e. some things I noticed (from a personal point of view) which might need addressing with the game itself long term SI

- England still have not hosted the World Cup since 1966 despite countires other countires getting it many times (Australia x3, China x2, Italy x4, USA x3 etc). Is this a bug?

- as said before, transfer fees have not changed that much, I can't see inflation staying the same for 150 years when it hardly stays the same for 150 days at the moment.

- legends and icons don't seem to diminish over time. Looking at this I can see players in my favourite team (QPR) who are barely even noteworthy today still appearing in their list. The likes of Lee Cook and Peter Crouch, although known today would surely be forgotten in 150 years time. I think it should be programmed so that favoured players reputations decrease over time unless they are an absolute legend

- as much as its good to see some clubs have come up from non league over time it appears that their 'success' is not reflected in more support and bigger stadiums, surely there would be some kind of shift in fan base over such a long period and therefore bigger grounds would be built. I looked at 4 clubs in the Prem (one of them again being QPR) and they had sub 18,000 stadiums. In QPR's case their capacity has actually decreased from what it currently is IRL (Although its an all seater, have people got fatter or something?)

these are just a few observations from 10 minutes at looking at the save game. No big deal as most won't play the game that long but maybe a few issues with the actual 'core' of the game itself worthy of note

- England still have not hosted the World Cup since 1966 despite countires other countires getting it many times (Australia x3, China x2, Italy x4, USA x3 etc). Is this a bug?

Must be bad luck, cause I've won the 2022 WC in England with England.

- as said before, transfer fees have not changed that much, I can't see inflation staying the same for 150 years when it hardly stays the same for 150 days at the moment.

Inflation isn't in the game. SI said it was really challenging to make the financial system as good as it is now, it would be impossible to add inflation.

i thought this would take a lot longer to load than it did!

hahaha lowestoft have had an incredible rise winning the Euro cup 3 times and the champs league twice and runner up the season after!! Defuge would be very proud!!

Do you have any earlier saves like 100 years before that lol, id like to see the stats of the guy that won world player of ther year 9 years in a row.

It's fascinating, you could spend days going through it taking in the details!

The jouney's that some of the clubs have been on are amazing, Sheffield Wednesday built themselves back up to win the Premiership one year, but by 2160 they've falen as low as Conferance North!

And I'd like to have seen the stats for that striker who scored over 150 goals for England and over 400 Premiership goals in the 2040s!

No. They froze Sepp Blatters body then when they found a cure for death by age, he took up his mantle as FIFA chief once again. Platini was in charge for the 20 years during in his death - resurrection.

Great saved game I found it interesting that in 2160 the population of england is only 50million, 10 million less than currently, I wonder if there was some sort of war or natural disaster.

The population of England now is 50 million, I think you're confusing Engliand with Britain that has 60 million population. Hope this clears it up

Perhaps they (a) still have the same idiotic people in charge of their bid. (b) have a media who slag off and question the morals of those deciding who is awarded the finals. © Sepp Blatter still sends memos round to other committee members from the grave slagging off all potential English bids

Just a note to SI. Check out the Andorra teams: They all have normal finances (some have huge money accounts) but they are all in "Bankrupt (in receivership)". Why?

Well, this is surelly a bug! Check out Norwich City: 1B+ on their accounts and is in Bankrupt!

The population of England now is 50 million, I think you're confusing Engliand with Britain that has 60 million population. Hope this clears it up

Population in England was 52 million at the end of 2007 and increasing at 0.6% per year so I doubt very much that the population is now 50 million, however after 149 years at the current rate of population growth (0.75%), the amount would increase quite considerably from 50 million and therefore increase average attendances and the amount of regens in the game.;)

This is a great post, but the only thing missing is rule changes. I doubt very much in 150 years time. All leagues will be exactly the same format with the same rules etc. Would be great if SI could implement rule changes as the years go on.

I can't seem to get the download to run on a Mac. When downloaded, the file reads as a .rar file. When placed into the games file in fm, the save is not recognised at all. Changing the extension to .fm doesn't work either - this causes the save to show up on the 'load file' menu at the start screen, but when selected the save cannot be recognised.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

This is a great post, but the only thing missing is rule changes. I doubt very much in 150 years time. All leagues will be exactly the same format with the same rules etc. Would be great if SI could implement rule changes as the years go on.

That would prob violate all the league licenses

what rule changes could SI possibly predict?

That just takes away from a realism. Lets be fair, I doubt that FM was really designed for people to go this far in the future. If its played properly and not holidayed like this, the most you're probably gonna do is about 70 years?

Besides the fact, as previously mentioned, it'd probably violate licenses

just trying this save game. First thing i noticed, Man Utd were considered the richest club in the world at 991m.

2nd was Ipswich at 651m - but when you go into Ipswich, they are bankrupt, in recievership, and from what i can see, aren't even in the league anymore!!!

some interesting things i have seen in regards to records on the game. It seems Man Utds 9-0 win over ipswich is still maintained as the highest premier league score in history, even 150 years into the future. Also Matt Derbyshire scored after 9 seconds against Chelsea and that is the fastest goal recorded in 2011. So not a single goal scored before 9 seconds in 150 years of premier league football?

Also Man Utd have lost their their legends such as George Best, even Alex Ferguson. I think this is because they have so many legends that the list doesnt show them.

Everton still play at Goodsion park as well, unbelievable that the old place can go on another 150 years

just trying this save game. First thing i noticed, Man Utd were considered the richest club in the world at 991m.

2nd was Ipswich at 651m - but when you go into Ipswich, they are bankrupt, in recievership, and from what i can see, aren't even in the league anymore!!!

My guess is that his bugs are related to the max bit issue. The value for the clubs money is enough to support this 1B value but the status of the clubs finance probably isn't "getting" the enough number of bits from the clubs value.

My guess is that his bugs are related to the max bit issue. The value for the clubs money is enough to support this 1B value but the status of the clubs finance probably isn't "getting" the enough number of bits from the clubs value.

I hope SI are reading this thread, more beta bug fixing from us it seems! And as Sperlz said, 150 years and still at Goodison.....Kenwright out! lol

My computer can't handle this much data, yes its a piece of doo doo. How are Derby County doing and did anyone ever break the 11 points we set or is it still a record?

I would also love to know this, if anyone can help with info/ss. Not downloaded due to not having FM11.

I think my computer would explode if I tried to download this file. Can someone tell me how Bristol Rovers have got on?

you should be able to load the game, just dont press continue!! it took about 5 minutes to load on my laptop which is not that high spec, but i havent tried to continue the game even one day then i think it might eat its self to pieces!!

Archived