Tevez FC!

o JaY

This is a save mainly until the patch comes out, but I'll continue playing afterwards hopefully. It's similar to my old Man City save - just an easy save until I can find the motivation for a long-term save, you can read about the database I'm using here.

After much speculation about his future, Carlos Tevez has decided to leave Manchester City, which he described as 'hell', and set up his own team in Manchester. After Ilkeston went bust, the FA allowed Tevez FC to take their place in Blue Square North. Carlos Tevez invited many players, bringing South American flair into England, including world famous full back Roberto Carlos. As Carlos starts building on a new 51000 seater stadium, the Tevez Arena, Tevez FC start ground sharing with Stockport, affiliating with them and Oldham. Now all they need is a manager, can you take them to the top?

Phil Saunders

PhilSaunders.png

International Footballer

Wish me luck!

Pre-Season

TevezFCTevezFC_Fixtures.png

We started off by visiting Macclesfield, and played quite well. 1-1 at half time, and then we dominated the 2nd half but couldn't find a goal. The stats showed our domination, 17 shots to their 6 - and they only had 1 on target. We then played parent club Oldham at home and once again dominated play, but ended up losing. We conceded another 30 yard free kick but fought back, but they got the winner in the middle of the 2nd half. Once again, 21 shots to their 5 - and they had 2 on target. We then went to Fratton Park, against the best team we'll face this season and didn't play too well. We found ourselves 2-0 down but found a goal and looked to get an equaliser but they sealed their win in the last minute. For a last game of pre-season we played at 'home' against Stockport, who we are groundsharing with until 'The Tevez Arena' is done at the beginning of next season. We took an early lead and raced into a 3 - 0 half time lead. A dominant second half performance only brought 1 goal, but it was promising.

Overall thoughts:

Not a very good pre-season considering the squad that we have, but there's a big difference in quality in who we've played and who's in the BSN. After the Stockport result, I can't wait to see what we can do in Non-League. It can only get better, wish me luck as we start the season away at Blyth.

Transfers

With such a big reputation, and a enormous transfer budget, that could be raised to £21million using the sliders, we've pulled off some great signings I managed to secure Darron Gibson, on loan from Manchester United - beating off competition from EPL Fulham, who we've signed Matthew Briggs on loan from, as well as Rafael. We also made 2 massive signings, Jo from rivals Man City and Julien Faubert from West Ham. Bjorn Helge Riise has signed from EPL Fulham, turning down Zurich. I also added Jordi Gomez from EPL side Wigan and Rickie Lambert, a proven league goalscorer, from Southampton, as well as Garry O'Connor on a 'loan-to-buy' deal from EPL side, Birmingham, David Edwards and Tamir Cohen, on similar deals. Jonjo Shelvey has also joined us for 3 months, from Liverpool. Out have gone Ivan Dragojaevich, Jose Mera, Pablo Russo, Matais Mantilla and Fernando Merlo on free transfers.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just start in the Championship or even Premier League if you're gonna play like this? :confused: You probably won't lose a league game until you reach the Championship.

Yeah it probably does, but I'm only really playing it until the transfer update comes out. I'll keep this save but I won't play it as much so won't reach the Championship any time soon.

:), sorry, this made me smile. You do have a lot of threads started for them to be closed soon after. Is it 'cause you get bored of them quickly?

The only ones that I've stopped playing was the Luton one I started yesterday, I'm gonna wait 'til the patch is out to start a career with them, an international one - that I got bored of and the St Albans one that I got bored / annoyed and ended up rage-quitting.

I've had like 4 saves affected by crash dumps and it seems a lot of threads as I usually have a thread for every save I do as if I don't, I end up leaving the save or rage-quitting much more than normally.

Come on man stick with a save, it will eventually become fun.

I know they eventually become fun but I just can't keep going. In the original Droylsden save it was so fun, but I just can't get into a save long enough to become fun.

TevezFCTevezFC_Fixtures-2.png

August

Both Tevez FC and I entered our 1st game of competitive football with confidence and we kicked off with a big win. A debut hat-trick from Carlos Tevez helped us on our way. They scored with a 30 yard screamer, but we held on and Faubert finished it off late on. Our 1st 'home' game of the season saw us welcome promotion hopefuls Alfreton. A quick exchange of goals saw us 2-1 up and then 2 set-piece goals - one a 30 yard Tevez free-kick saw us 4-1 up going into the break. Rickie Lambert then got 2 as Tevez his a 2nd half hat-trick for an emphatic victory. So close to double figures! A dominant performance against Worcester saw us take the lead early on and control the game. A Tevez double and an own goal, sealed the game for us. Disappointing that we conceded, though. As they were an unbeaten team in the divison, I thought Droylsden were going to be a tougher challenge but going into half time 6-0 up convinced me otherwise. Both teams had chances in the 2nd half but neither were clinical in front of goal. 2 days later we travelled to Hyde and finished the month with a confident performance. A Darron Gibson screamer and two set-piece goals saw us take a 3-0 lead into the break. We played good football and took our chances, scoring 3 more. With our centre-back getting a hat-trick, I'll be looking to tone down our number of corner goals.

The month ends with us in top spot, 5 wins out of 5, 29 goals for and 3 goals against. This won me manager of the month, and Joaquin Beltran, only 3 goals conceded as well as scoring 5 goals, player of the month. Rafael came 2nd and Carlos Tevez came 3rd.

September

We started the month with a rampant victory over Harrogate, leading 6-0 by half-time. We hit double figures and once again our centre-back scoring a hat-trick, so I'll try to stop it happening - although it's on the default settings. After this dominant performance, 10 of our players were named in the team of the week! It was a full weekend of games as well, all 22 teams playing! Another dominant home performance followed against Stafford, we controlled the play and were 6-0 up by half time once again. It was de ja vu as we hit double figures, this time Carlos Tevez stealing the show, bagging 6 goals! This was followed up by the news that all 11 of our players were in the team of the week! Not as rampant but a good victory against AFC Telford followed. 4-0 up at half-time, we came out controlling the game, scoring another goal to seal the victory. Only 3 games this month, but we made the most of them. I, once again, scooped the mangaer of the month award, and another sense of de ja vu as Joaquin Beltran won player of the month. Darron Gibson coming in 2nd followed by Carlos Tevez, who has hit a ridiculous amount of goals already (23 in 8).

Overall thoughts

Two fantastic, but expected months. We sit top of the league, and plan to stay there. Plenty of goals scored and few conceded! I will admit that being such a strong team against weak opposition is kinda boring as it's very easy, but for some reason I still want to play the save, unlike a few of my other saves.

Two things...

1. How many saves and threads are you going to start?

2. Where is the fun in having world class footballers in the Conference North and thrashing everybody out of sight every week?

I was wondering both of those as well. There is literally no challenge in this, you're just pressing continue ad nauseum.

There's an internet site which tests how many times you can press the space bar in 10 seconds, maybe you'd like that?

Edit: Didn't mean it to sound that snarky, read it as tongue-in-cheek :)

Basically I found this database and it looked pretty cool and I'll try to eventually move up the leagues. I've signed all the good players to move up the leagues a bit quicker but once I get there, there will be more regens, different teams etc and I'd rather do this than holidaying. As I think I said before, I'm mainly playing this to pass the time until the patch comes out.

TevezFCTevezFC_Fixtures-1.png

October

We strolled into a half time lead of 5-0 to start the month of vs Gloucester. Two late goals finished the game off for us. We then went to Hinckley and they put in the best defensive display against us so far, but we still went in at half-time two goals to the good. We pushed forward after the break but couldn't really find a way through, being limited to long shots. We eventually found a break through late on and went another game without conceding. We then travelled to 2nd place Eastwood, who scored only the 4th goal against us this season; the 1st we'd conceded in 8 games. We eventually turned the game around, but we were far from convincing and were made to work hard to ensure victory. We finished the month 7 points clear with a game in hand on Eastwood, still with a 100% record, 69 goals scored and 4 goals against.

I was once again named manager of the month, and just for a change, centre-back Joaquin Beltran won player of the month with Carlos Tevez yet again finishing 3rd.

November

We started off as we started off last month, 5-0 up at half time, this time vs Nuneaton. In the 2nd 45 we were restricted to 3 goals as Tevez hit his 6th hat-trick of the season (or 7 if you include the double hat-trick as 2) and Jo struck his 1st treble for the club. We went in to the break 3-0 up vs Corby and put in an average second half performance. Jo scored off his 2nd hat-trick in as many games to seal the game off. We went into the break 4-0 up at Vauxhall, a Tevez hat-trick stealing the show. A boring second half saw us create a few chances but couldn't take 'em. For the FA Trophy game I made 11 changes and put out a 'weakened' side. We wen't as clincal as usual infront of goal in the 1st half and came into the break 2-0 up. We came out looking for more goals and played better, but it was the Manco show, scoring a hat-trick and setting up the other. Back in the league, a full strength side were 4-0 by half-time at home to Workington. We came out looking to control the game and we did, scoring another 4 goals in the process, including Tevez and Manco both completing hat-tricks.

Overall thoughts

A good month, we didn't concede and scored 28. We still sit top, 9 points clear, with a game in hand, and have a 100% record. I won manager of the month and Julien Faubert won player of the month, followed by Joaquin Beltran and once again, Carlos Tevez in 3rd.

Transfer news

In early October, Matthew Briggs', who made no appearances for us, loan expired as well as Jonjo Shelvey, Garry O'Connor and Tamir Cohen as they had spent the maximum loan time at the club and I tried to sign David Edwards on a permenant contract but he didn't want to join so he returned back to his club. Donny Neyra is also leaving on a bosman to Hoffenheim on 01.01.2011. He was a good midfield player but we had better players there and he hadn't played all season. I tried to cash in on him, but no English clubs bid, and he's now going to the Bundesliga. With quite a few squad members getting old, I've been looking at young replacements and I've signed Jip Bartels. I set it at the end of the season as I didn't realise his birthday was so early in 2011 and he will be 18 when he joins us, and probably won't be 'home-grown'. Though I have signed Yoell van Nieff, who should be home-grown as I've signed him before his 18th birthday. I've also signed Nicolai Boilesen, a young defender who looks a really good prospect, and his reminds me of Thomas Vermaelan stats wise.

Basically I found this database and it looked pretty cool and I'll try to eventually move up the leagues. I've signed all the good players to move up the leagues a bit quicker but once I get there, there will be more regens, different teams etc and I'd rather do this than holidaying. As I think I said before, I'm mainly playing this to pass the time until the patch comes out.

So when the patch comes out you'll close this one and start yet another new career thread.

You have three threads (two closed) currently on the first page alone.

• 3 weeks later...
Are you planning on doing a Luton save on the career update because i am. Just waiting to the patch comes out so at the minute i'm playing as Neath in wales

I tried to do an uninstall and then reinstall FM11 before I start a Luton save hoping it would stop the crash dumps but I had trouble uninstalling and reinstalling and haven't got it on my laptop so far. I doubt I will post it on the careers update though, as I post too many threads :o. But I'll follow yours definitely :thup:!

I don't think it's the amount of threads that you have (there's no limit to how many threads you have...you could have a hundred!) but rather how quickly you start, stop and then start another thread. Maybe it would be better if you played the save for a few seasons then that way you'd know that you had at least some longevity with the save.

Please don't feel like you "can't" post as this isn't what the FMCU forum is about. Feel free to post away :D.

I don't think it's the amount of threads that you have (there's no limit to how many threads you have...you could have a hundred!) but rather how quickly you start, stop and then start another thread. Maybe it would be better if you played the save for a few seasons then that way you'd know that you had at least some longevity with the save.

Please don't feel like you "can't" post as this isn't what the FMCU forum is about. Feel free to post away :D.

Yeah, it probably is. I'll take on your advice and play for a while before starting a thread. Cheers Raware :D

I too am puzzled. Where in Manchester would Tevez FC get any fans from? If he left MCFC slagging them off, he would be hated in all of Manchester - I think it would be the last place he would want to set up a side.

I know Johan Cruyff wanted to set up 'Cruyff FC', taking over some small Dutch club, but it wasn't about him ploughing huge amounts of money to buy top players, he wanted to get kids and teach them to play 'the Cruyff way' and the principles of Rinus Michels. But as with most things Cruyff gets involved with, it fizzled pretty quickly.

How is Tevez FC going or have you stopped
Aha ;), with the less friendly reception with my various threads I thought it would be better for me to leave it and had another crash dump so deleted the save lol.

Wouldn't be surprised if the crash dump was a "crash dump" and he just got bored of pressing continue.

Archived