[FM11] An American Manager in Europe?

JerseyShoreDave

Euro Cup Update

Europa Cup Knockout Stage

We tied Tel Aviv 1-1 away and beat them 2-1 at home to make it to the 2nd knockout stage against InterMilan

Away they beat us 2-1, and at home they beat us 1-0 to eliminate us.

The team needs work to really challenge for continental Silverware, at this pace it might take 5 years to seriously mount a challenge but probably longer.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Afturelding Icelandic Premier League 2020

Upper League Cup I won the Tournament despite a little hiccup

Icelandic Champions Cup Won the Cup with a solid 3-0 win over our arch Rivals FH

Icelandic Cup Lost to our Arch Rivals FH in the Quarter Finals

Icelandic Premier Division We won our League title on the last day over our archrivals who lost the last match of their season while we won ours.

Past Positions Pretty much its a 2 team race for the titles... We won this time :)

Icelandic Premier League Fair Play Award Speaks for itself, we play with class

Icelandic Premier League Golden Boot Messaoudi got the league golden boot despite being able to play in many league games due to schedule conflicts which makes the honor even greater!

Premier League Team of the Year Both our striker Messaoudi and our Keeper Ojeda are considered the best in the league

Top 3 young players of the year are all mine!!!!

The Squad ranked by value, we're moving on up!

Transfers slowly the squads quality is improving while it gets smaller we brought in 4.7 million worth of players and sold off 200k worth of players.

Key Players

Adil Messaoudi Our uber striker did great once again in 38 appearances he managed 34 goals, 2 penalty kicks, 16 assists and 10 MOMs... enough said, need to clone him

Leonardo Mora A new striker signed to help out Messaoudi and he did a decent job in 34 appearances he managed 10 goals, 10 assists, 3 penalties, and 1 MOM to make his way onto the Key Player list

Eero Hyypia Our 3rd striker up front in 35 appearances has 5 goals and 13 assists with 1 MOM effort.

Milenko Paunovic Our Midfield Maestro who sets up many goals and does many hard tackles when needed played in 38 matches, scored 4, had 16 assists and got 7 yellow cards.

Uros Lovric Mr 30 yard goal scorer is our best scoring midfielder, he's appeared in 36 matches, nailed 2 penalty kicks, scored 14 goals, had 6 assists, with 2 MOMs.

Marco Bianchi is our best defender these days, he played in 40 matches, scored 9 times, 4 assists, and 8 MOM honors.

Paulo Ojeda Our new Uber Keeper from Argentina, played in all 52 matches, conceded 41 goals and had 23 clean sheets, if we take out Continental competition it becomes... 36 matches, conceding 20 with 20 clean sheets. Impressive. Too bad I'll lose him sooner then later :(

Champions League

The Qualifying rounds were easy going, as was the playoffs, we got lucky until we hit the group phrase. We got stuck with the defending Champions League Champions Chelsea, CSKA Moscow, and Italian Minnows Catania. Thanks to a win at home and a tie away to Catania we made it to the Europa Cup in the new year.

European Knockout Rounds... sooner or later either the first or second knockout round... I am eliminated

Club News

Icelandic League moved up 20 spots to be the 53rd most competitive competition in Europe!

Club Ranking We moved up 200 spots to become the 100th ranked club in Europe!

Seedings Still 1 team in the Champions league first qualifying round, and 3 clubs in the Europa Cup

Stadium Enlarged by 1616

Training Facilities Improved

Ireland 19 and Under Manager...

I am the new 19 and Under Ireland Manager

I have a bug where I opened up the home grown status view in the Irish National Pool Screen and it crashed the game for me everytime so I'm unsure how well I'll be able to proceed I put in a bug report as others had done and will wait and see. I played one match and lost to Denmark 3-0 I'll have to see how easy it is to be manager without using the national pool screen.

Afturelding Icelandic Premier League 2021

Europa Cup Knockout

We played the Greek Champions first Panathinaikos... away we tied 3-3 at home we tied 2-2, and by the away goals rule, made it into the 2nd knockout stage

In the second Knockout round we met Juventus, we tied 'em 2-2 at home but lost 2-1 away which eliminated us from the Competition

Upper League Cup Last 2 matches were just 1-0 victories but we'll take it to win the cup again!

Icelandic Champions Cup We won title again beating our arch nemisis 2-1.

Icelandic Cup We were runners up losing in Penalties to Keflavik who won the 1st division and who will be a dead dog in the Europa Cup lol Yes this was an embarassing loss...

Icelandic Premier Division We dominated the league as the next link will show.

Past Posiitions Dominance... back in the Champions League next season

The Squad Getting better as usual, just have a few too many... about 36 should suffice

Transfers could get a bit more dead weight out this coming season; we did get some great bids on some of the dead weight though :)

Key Players

Paulo Ojeda Our awesome Goalkeeper who is starting to whine about going to a larger club.

Jorge Roman Our huge purchase was hurt a bit this season, in the end he was our second best midfielder.

Milenko Paunovic Our best Midfielder helped set up a lot of the goals, made crucial interceptions and really is becoming a great player

Slaven Juric Our strikeforce wouldn't be the same without him, can't wait for him to improve more

Leonardo Mora One of my all favorite purchases plus he's the Icelandic Premier League Young Player of the Year!!!

Adil Messaoudi the man, the myth, the Legend.... and the Icelandic Premier League Golden Boot winner and finally got his First international Goal!!!!!

Champions League

Champions League Fixtures

We first played Zalgris of Lithuania we won comfortably 2-0 both home and away.

In the 3rd round qualifier we played Ireland's Shamrock Rovers and beat them at home 2-0 and tied them 2-2 in Ireland to go to the playoff

In the playoff we played Red Star Belgrade, we beat them 1-0 in Belgrade and at home to qualify for the group stage

Champions League Group Stage

Our first match was a very respectable 3-2 loss at home to Manchester City

Next we lost 2-1 to Bayern Munich in Germany.

We destroyed ESTAC Troyes away 4-0, then only managed a 2-2 tie at home

Then we beat Manchester City 1-0 in England, then lost 1-0 at home to Bayern Munich to Qualify for the Europa Cup Knockout Round!

Europa Cup Knockout Rounds

We play Trabzonspor of Turkey first which I think we can win, and then we'll have to play either Kobenhagen who we beat before or Wigan who I have NO clue how they qualified..

Might just make it to the Quarter Finals!!!

CLUB NEWS

Finally I'm getting the recognition I deserve with the 17.250 seat Incognito Stadium being built.

As if you think otherwise is possible, I am Manager of the Year

Irish 19 and under resignation They had no quality, lost to teams like Lithuania and the Faroe Islands, we failed to qualify for the European Championships so I resigned, main coach Robbie Keane resigned the next day, seems to make sense.

Seedings remain the Same

European Competition Rankings have improved for Iceland as we have moved up 7 to 46th position!!!

Club Rank Improved We moved up 74 spots to become the 65th best team in Europe!

Afturelding Icelandic Premier League 2022

Upper League Cup Lost in the Quarter Finals in a lame loss with my secondary team

Champions Cup Easy victory to get yet another Domestic Title

Icelandic Cup Straight forward decisive wins for the title.

Icelandic Premier League Total Dominance

The Squad Lost 1 dominate player, overall I'm pleased with the squad other then the fact they can't compete in major European Competitions, and I can't pay the salary for those who could... yet

Top 3 21 and under players belong to me!!!

Team of the Year Got 2 players there.

The Transfers Sold more players in both worth and number then I brought in, the squad consolidation is beginning.

Key Players

Messaoudi My Top striker, and uber-player...

Messaoudi wins League Golden Boot

Messaoudi scores 9

Hyypia The Finn got himself back into the mix with some great performances...

Hyypia wins U23 Finnish Player of the Year

Asgeir My best Defender

Paunovic The Midfielder of doom

Juric The 3rd member of the Strike Force

Ojeda If I can't him to resign this year, I'll have to sell him off... my wonderful keeper :/

Champions League

The qualifying Lahti, Skonto, CFR Clug was the competition to Qualify for the Group Stage and it was cut and dry domination.

I managed to get into a group that included, Liverpool, Barcelona, and Feyenoord. I finished in 3rd place in the group above Feyenoord and qualified for the Europa Cup

Champions League

Group G

I'm stuck playing Everton... IF I win against them... I get either Lokomotiv Moscow or Schalke... No European Title again more then likely lol

Icelandic Premier League ranked 31st

50th Ranked Club in Europe

Our new Stadium

Stadium Details

Afturelding Icelandic Premier League 2023

Europa Cup Everton kicked me out in the first Knockout Round

Upper League Cup Won it with all wins...

Icelandic Champions Cup Valur took us to Penalties but we won that... too close.

Icelandic Cup In the final it took us to extra time where we scored twice to avoid a Penalty shootout

Icelandic Premier Division 20 wins, 2 ties, enough said about the domination.

8/11 in team of the year More evidence of utter dominance in the League

The Squad The Strongest Team ever, hoping the 2 stars I have to sell since they don't want to resign provide me with lots of money to buy 2 new stars to fill their shoes, especially with this years Champion League success to be shown below.

The Transfers Actually had a match where 12 of my players were on International duty and I only had 5 substitutes... I had a 38 man team 3 players on loan... The international Calendar, FIFA, and UEFA really hate Iceland's schedule, it really makes me think twice about making the team too small... I think it will get a little larger this season.

Key Players

Well they all whine about going to a "bigger club" these days that I'll have to sell my left full back and goalie so I can make some money off them before their contract expires, next 2 years sees all these guys on the edge... we'll see how we survive with new talent...

Adil Messaoudi Could be his last year, hope its not after this past season... 47 goals in 41 matches with 15 assists

League Footballer of the Year As if they could choose anyone else?

League Golden Boot Win by the Mile...

Messaoudi at Champions League A little hint as to how well we're doing this Season in the Champions League

Daniel Mohamed 2nd best striker

Sindou Bagayoko 3rd best striker

Milenko Paunovic Best Midfiellder 21 assists.

Jorge Roman 2nd best Midfielder

Darko Milicic 3rd best Midfielder

The Champions League

Champions League Draw was actually in the 3rd Pot, my group made me cringe but it didn't turn out bad...

Group Stage Yup finished first in a group with Real Madrid, Porto, and Celtic

The Champions League Fixtures tied 3, won the rest, I'm still too impressed with our performance...

Next up is a team who recently hired a new coach...

We Face Hoffenheim

Overall considering the club's finances and where we are now if whoever takes over the club doesn't throw me out, I really think we can make a run on the Champions League if I can either keep the talent or upgrade it after sale. We'll see how it goes...

Other News:

European Competition Rankings The Icelandic Premier Division moved up 7 spots to be the 24th best competition

Club is ranked 38th in Europe

Manager of the Year I figure greatest of all time...

48 games unbeaten.... We're that damn good :)

Youth Facility Upgrade One of the most disappointing things to me is the lack of ANY good youth.... it makes me sad :( maybe the upgrade will help

Finance First time we had over 10 mill in the bank, hope we get half to spend... we'll see. Best Finances since I've been at the club, the larger stadium definitely helps with revenue. It would hurt if the new board takes me out now that there revived hope of champions League success...

Thank you, it was a fun season

The timing is Rubbish for me.... especially with 3 critical multi million pound deals that could see the team make it big... but nerve of them outright wanting a new manager who was a great icelandic player.... with 0 managing experience to take over the club whose stadium bears my name lol

Last match I lost was to Everton in the Europa Cup last season, my domestic league is basically a joke... so far I'm up to 54 games unbeaten or so... we'll see if Hoffenheim kills me or not

I love Darko, and his soccer career is rocking.... The NBA dude well not much to say about him... he's lame...

Gotta Spend and/or get some youngsters... but my academy is failing me so I have to spend what the board gives me 3-5 million...

I just scout those players, wait til 6 months left and BOOM contract offer :) It's annoying but it does make my team really cheap to buy :) Whats your wage budget at now?

Oh ok, I have a £41k p/w wage budget but £5m transfer and I am max wage the wage side on the slider :@

I'm still finding good enough players in Africa and South America who will sign.

JerseyShoreDave - great thread, I'm really enjoying it. Question for you: What did you set your personal stats as? I tried the same thing, looking for a job in Europe as an American. I set my playing experience as Sunday League, and every time I express interest in a position, I get nasty comments like "We wouldn't hire that guy if he was the last coach on earth", or "his calling a press conference to show interest in working for <random Iceland/Norwegian lower division squad, or Blue Square North/South> reeks of desperation."

Do I need to claim a higher level of experience (semi-pro? better?) to even get a little respect?

It's May of 2011, and getting laughed at is the closest I've come to a job so far...

@Flamers... Defensive all the way, 5-3-2 with them... I over analyze and see how they play, they're 100% offensive and play a 4-2-4. Flourent Malouda is a vicious manager to fight against.

@BCOMcDeezy Thanks for posting on the thread. I was set to as Sunday League, I auto applied to every job for the hell of it, and didn't get this one until January 2011 starting in June 2010. I have heard the new patch helps this out nicely. I went on holiday and set the game to automatically apply for all jobs that come up, I did it over night and I got Iceland. I guess the question back to you is... Is this before or after the patch released yesterday?

Malouda the coach is like the #5 best coach, in this game he was Arsenal's coach and now Barca's coach, no other former player coach has done as well as he has in my game. Yeah his Arsenal side was brutal to me 1 or 2 years ago... he ended up signing like 5 of his former team too.

great job man, i thought i was good in iceland, but i suck compare to you...after 5-6 yrs usually i've only reached the knockout stages of the CL, although i did get 110 games unbeaten once ;)

how did you get all of those great foreigners? im starting a save now with KR, any suggestions on good youngsters?

took me longer then 5-6 years to make the knockout stages, I was stuck in the first division for quite awhile early on.

The greatest thing in my game that happened... was getting the ability to recruit from around the world. South America, and particularly northern and western Africa is filled with talent, also keep an eye out on other clubs. I bought my uber Striker who was stuck in the Liverpool Reserves for 1.4M so you just need to take time out and scout and scout and scout...

You'll need to get a wider scouting range... but I'll tell you if you're stuck just looking in Europe for good Talent... Spain has a lot to choose from at times. Also Eastern Europe has some nice players. The key thing though is finding the good players who are willing to Play in Iceland and that can be tough early on.

ok thanks guys. my laptop isnt the greatest so im gonna stick to this save, will just take a little longer to win the champions league ;)

by the way, im very interested if you are going to stay on in afturelding? i could never stay after winning the cl, especially not in a country where you can play the league games with your reserves once you make that step up ;) so what are your plans?

Archived