International challenge

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

I'm on board!!

first of all, i can't post my screenshots with this post as my internet wasn't working last night, so i will (hopefully) add them tonight. I decided to go with the mighty Luxembourg for my challenge.

i added my self as a professional player to give myself a bit of kudos, whilst still not being a legend... my nationality is simply English.

my first impressions of the squad were actually a little encouraging. they players aren't all quite as bad as i feared, which is a bonus. Only half a dozen or so play outside of Luxembourg however. i have a pool of about 350 players to select from, which isn't too bad.

with regards to tactics i will give a basic 4-4-2 a go to start with at home, alternating possibly to a 4-1-4-1 formation on our travels. for my first squad i decided to largely give the existing squad a chance, with a couple of exceptions to cover certain positions. i kept Jeff Strasser, my best player and valued at £1.2m ( icon_eek.gif) as captain as he has greatest influence figures, and is a relative veteran at 32 years of age.

My first European Championships qualifier was at home to Slovenia, who were tipped by the media to win comfortably. i felt that this was a bit harsh, and expected us to put up a good fight. i decided to take advice from my assistant with regards to team selection for my first match, again with a couple of slight adjustments. This was based on his knowledge of the players being better than mine. I wished the players luck and sent them "out to battle"

Luxembourg 2 - 2 Slovenia

90 minutes later and i was delighted. Although we had rode our luck a bit, and twice come back from behind, i was chuffed with the result. It had taken a deflected goal to win it (i still believe it would have gone in!!) i was delighted, and told the players so. i feel that this result could be something to build on, going into my next match away in Bulgaria.

In terms of the remaining fixtures, i aim to use the matches to try out a number of players in an attempt to find my starting XI. i have no hope of qualifying anyway, so will look to give youth a chance where possible. this was one of the wishes of the FA upon taking the job - in that they felt they could have a bright future in terms of international standing, and that i should help develop this.

i will post more tonight hopefully, including a bit of info on my squad and key players. oh, and the screenshots as well!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

screenshots:

Job Announcement

Job Expectations

Luxembourg 2 - 2 Slovenia

Luxembourg 2 - 2 Slovenia - Lux Player Stats

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my attempts to turn Falkland Isles into a playable nation continue. There seems to be a firm link to France hard-coded in the game for the nation I replaced with Falkland Isles so I may try again with another nation (although it would be nice if I could code a similar link to England in, it doesn't seem to be possible from the editor. One club's affiliated club dropped them, but the other is still going strong and generating two regens a turn.

Good to see a few have signed up to the website already, will try and expand on it tonight.

Rlipscombe good to hear you've got plenty of players to choose from. I've watched one game so far, I think the player concerned depending on his mentality will either rise to the occasion or suffer from the pressure of having you watch him. It depends how much you can glean from watching a 2D game, but I suppose if it is a right back and you notice the opposition getting lots of crosses in from their left winger, it could indicate a problem. Good result against Slovenia, thanks for the screenshots, if I get a chance I'll get some more work done on the website tonight and add a link to them there.

Just played my last game of 2007, of the ones i was managing I Drew 3 and lost 4,

Including a 0-0 against andorravrussiaiy4.th.jpg]Russia[/url] Russia

I will post the rankings at the end of the year, also when do you get regens is it only at the start of a new season?

first time posting a sreenshot so apologys if it didn't work

Ok, I'm in too and took control of

MACAU

I set semi-professional footballer as my background and use my real nationality Finnish. Macau is ranked 187th in the ranking, so the glory awaits! I could find 267 players eligible to play for Macau, so at least there's quantity. And a couple of decent players too. At least a 36 years old veteran goalie seems to be ok, unfortunately he's without a club. I'll be using 4-5-1 counter attacking style as my tactic. So far I've played one match.

8.10.2007 FIFA World Cup Quals (ASA) 1st round Leg 1

= Thailand - Macau 2 - 0 =

A very good and encouraging display against a stronger team. Defending was quite ok, Thailand couldn't create so many quality chances that was expected. My veteran goalie was also solid, and made a couple of great saves. In the 81st minute we had our chance. First an one on one was saved by the opposition goalie, and the follow up hit the post and went wide. Oh so close!

End of 2008 Update- Sierra Leone

The year and World Cup Qualifying campaign started off as I had hoped with nice victory at home to Lesotho.

Sierra Leone 4-2 Lesotho.

However after this match the year was awful results wise as we lost all of our competetive matches albeit against very decent opposition.

The losing streak began with a fixture away to Mali. The likes of Diarra, Sissoko and Kanoute were just too good tbh, although having took the lead I was very hopeful, but a quick brace from Kanoute but an end to that and Mali ran out comfortable winners in the end.

Mali 5-2 Sierra Leone

After this we faced Nigeria at home and were truly outclessed by them.

Sierra Leone 0-4 Nigeria

The next game was away to Tunisia. I felt we really deserved to win this one beacuse I feel we had alot more chances but poor finishing cost us. We went 2-0 down and from that we just couldn't get back. We missed chance after chance.

Tunisia 2-1 Sierra Leone

Final game against Guinea, disappointing really a very even game, neck and neck all the way and then a wonderful free-kick from them in the 94th minute sealed their victory.

Sierra Leone 2-3 Guinea

The group now looks like this after 5 games each

Mali 13

Nigeria 13

Guinea 9

Tunisia 6

Sierra Leone 3

Lesotho 0

For the record Madwoodster I finished 2008 ranked:111th.

Thank you for your patience with the website, it is slow progress with everything else I've got going onbut you can now enter the record of your world rankings here

Just enter the month and the year of you new world ranking, with screenshot evidence if possible. (this is more for when you get above 100 and need to prove it)

SuperCupra good result against Russia, screenshot was ok, to improve it try a higher resolution something like 800x600. Regens only come at the end of a season. This is different, I think based on your continent, Europe seems to be July while South America seems to be September.

SVM good to have you on board, good luck with Macau.

Well I've signed up with American Samoa. I've played till about 2010 so far, and in that time I've won 0 games, drawn 2 (both in the Oceania Cup thing) and lost the rest, including a couple of thumpings in friendlies against what I would class as fairly similar teams!

The major problem for me is I have one right winger/midfielder, no left winger/midfielder and only a handful of fullbacks, just about 20 central midfielders! My only left midfielder retired after being released from his club. Plus no-one plays outside of AS.

Anyway the regens came through and I have a better right back, gk and striker so things are looking better. I am usually losing games by only the odd goal now. My aim is to win a game now!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rab1879:

how do i start the small nations i wanna do it i just see big nations any ideas? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, pretty much all you can do is load all players from the nation you wish to manage. That way you maximize the number of people legible to play for said country, and improve the chance that you'll be able to manage them.

Apart from that, maybe loading up leagues that are geographically close to the country of your choice. May increase the number of regens possibly.

MACAU

13.10.2007 friendly

= Macau - Vietnam 1 - 5 =

Not much to tell. Defending was absolutely awful all the game, nothing worked. At least we managed to score a goal after a fine move.

28.10.2007 FIFA World Cup Quals (ASA) 1st round Leg 2

= Macau - Thailand 1 - 3 =

I'm very disappointed at the result, as the game was fairly even. At times it looked we can actually play some football, and created a few very good chances. But again horrible mistakes lead conceding easy goals. So we're out of the World Cup Qualifiers with the aggregate score 1 - 5.

Luxembourg - European Championships Qualifiers - October 2007

Well after my debut point against Slovenia, things have returned to normal a little more, with a run of 3 defeats.

First up was a tricky away match in Bulgaria. After deciding to stick to my 4-4-2 formation, we battled hard against Berbatov and co., only to come away with a 1-0 defeat.

Bulgaria 1 - 0 Luxembourg

Whilst obviously we lost, i was quite pleased with the way we performed, looking threatening at times, whilst being pretty solid at the back.

The end of September saw the release of the latest FIFA rankings. The rankings saw us rise several places to 167th in the world!!

FIFA Rankings - September 2007

Next up was another away game, against a heavily fancied Belarus. i have to admit i was slightly disappointed with the result, a 3-1 defeat.

Belarus 3 - 1 Luxembourg

Our consolation goal was a 90th minute goal too, so it was a case of too little, too late. I made a mistake with my team selection in giving a game to Jerome Bigard, a CB, who was quite simply awful. Whether playing with Blaise from the start would have made a difference, i don't know. One thing which did hinder me in this game was that a number of my main first-teamers arrived very unfit for this match, which meant i had to shuffle the squad a bit.

My second match in October, and my penultimate match was against Romania.

Luxembourg 1 - 5 Romania

A 5-1 defeat wasn't quite what i was hoping for, but the scoreline genuinely didn't reflect the game. We had two 'controversial' goals disallowed which might have made it a different game. the post-match analysis also backs up that we exceeded many expectations pre-match.

ROmania Post-Match Review

At the end of October, our FIFA ranking remained 167th

I now have one final match in my qualifiers left, against Holland. Obviously i have almost no chance of getting anything from this match, so i need to decide whether to give a run-out to some squad players or not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SuperCupra:

Just played my last game of 2007, of the ones i was managing I Drew 3 and lost 4, andorravrussiaiy4.th.jpg]Russia[/url] Russia

I will post the rankings at the end of the year, also when do you get regens is it only at the start of a new season?

first time posting a sreenshot so apologys if it didn't work </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good set of results that supercupra, especially in that group. what formation are you playing out of interest? are you playing defensively?

To rlipscombe

its a tactic I got of the Forums, it's a flat back four, two CM and a AML/AMR and two up front with a slight adjustment towards attacking for mentality but a deep defensive line with tight marking.

rankingsgraphzf8.th.jpg]End of year rankins[/url] improved from 157 to 149 but next year got some friendls organised against similar strength opposition.

Belize, December 2nd 2009

We played three friendlies in October/November:

Belize - Liberia: 3-0

Belize - Malawi: 1-1

Belize - Oman: 0-1

Three quite even matches. A Liberian red card turned the first one into an easy win, the other two had draw written all over them.

At the moment the earliest next match I can arrange is September. Hopefully a few more dates will open up soon, otherwise it's gonna be a long, boring year.

I've consciously been lining up friendlies against teams with roughly the same ranking as Belize, in an attempt to maintain our current ranking for a few years, hoping that will pay off in the quality of the regens.

And I'll need more regens as soon as possible, heh.

My national pool just got demolished. About two thirds of the Belizean players' contracts expired at the same time, and they left their clubs. And after about a month of unemployment, most of them just disappeared. 164 Belize players one day, 60 the next.

Luckily the unemployed lads who are in the national team survived the slaughter, so it's not a huge disaster. But it's a bit worrisome nonetheless.

Hopefully there's a bright side, and we'll get 100 new regens next year, heh. Probably not though.

Rab1879 welcome to the challenge. As well as posting in this forum, if you could keep the website up to date by signing up here that will help me keep on top of everyone's results.

Machineguhead said (only just got to read his post) if you don't get the required options then choose advanced options as you are running the New Game Wizard.

SVM not a great start but at least you are getting a goal a game.

Rlipscombe again at least you are getting the odd goal and have moved up the rankings a little.

Countyfan52 welcome to the challenge, a few of us have tried American Samoa, while I haven't had much success others have managed to get them in the top 100.

CoachFlu well done on the friendly results, hope you get those regens soon.

Trust you all have a good weekend, as after work tomorrow I'm away on a Bible study weekend and the away with work Monday and Tuesday next week.

Well I've got up to 167 ranking in the world last night. No idea how though as in th 4 years I've been in charge I've only drawn 2 games (both in the OCE cup thing) and lost the rest.

Still we are getting harder to beat and most of our results are fairly close now. Usualy a couple of goals in it, and we score a goal most games.

MACAU

17.11.2007 friendly

= Uzbekistan - Macau 5 - 0 =

Not a chance really.

21.11.2007 friendly

= Macau - Philippines 0 - 1 =

Oh dear.. THE game I thought we could win or at least get a draw. But no. Playd very well, but Philippines' gk was awesome and MoTM.

SEASON SUMMARY 2007

GP: 5

W: 0

D: 0

L: 5

GF: 2

GA: 16

Current world ranking: 190

+ Can create scoring chances.

- Everything else.

I hope the year 2008 will bring better results.

Luxembourg - European Championship Qualifiers 2007

As mentioned previously, my final match was away in Holland. Despite battling hard, we eventually lost 5-2.

Holland 5 - 2 Luxembourg

I have to say i was pleased to score twice against one of the top european teams away from form, but obviously conceding 5 needs to be worked on. If it wasn't for Kuyt though, i'd have won 1-2!!! icon_biggrin.gif

This left the final table for the group as follows:

Euro Champs final table

i take a crumb of comfort from the fact i earnt the only point of the competition, and that we did score a few goals. i do however need to tighten at the back a bit, whilst finding a way to continue to threaten going forward.

My last game of the year was a friendly away in Senegal. i used the match to blood a couple of younsters, and we went down 5-1.

Senegal 5 - 1 Luxembourg

although two of the goals were penalties, we were still well beaten, and the only positive to come out from the match was a promising debut performance from Giles Brettnwr (for those of you with a childish sense of humour, check out my goalie's name icon_wink.gif)

So, going into 2008, there is a lot to work on, especially in defence. a decent goalscorer would be a help too.

the final thing to add is my World Cup Qualifying Group

WC 2010 Group

As you can see, i will be spending a lot of time in the british isles. i expect the Czech's to dominate the group, but i feel with a bit of luck and some tighter defence, we might be able to give greece, scotland, n. ireland and wales a good game. we will see!!

End of 2009-Sierra Leone Update

Im not sure what to make of the year to be honest it had some great moments (4-1 against Tunisiaicon_smile.gif) and some awful moments (losing 5-4 to Guinea, leading 4-2 with 20 minutes to go and the winner coming in the 93rd minuteicon_frown.gif). As was expected I didn't qualify for the World Cup but I was disappointed with where I finished in the group because I do feel at this stage my team is better than Guinea's and Tunisia's. We ended up finishing 5th the final group looked like this:

(All after 10 games)

Nigeria 28

Mali 22

Guinea 16

Tunisia 12

Sierra Leone 9

Lesotho 1

But I was robbed both times against Guinea and I should have beaten Tunisia away. As you can see Mali and Nigeria were formidable but I had a great performance away to Nigeria where we lost 3-2.

On the friendlies front we won 3 and drew 1. The wins coming against Azerbaijan, El Salvador and Georgia and we drew against Macedonia.

Fixtures for 2009

End of 2009 ranking: 90 (World Ranking Graph)

End of 2009 - Tonga Update

Not a bad year, but not a great one either. Played friendlies against not very well known teams who were pretty high in the rankings and lost (Moldova, Botswana). Managed a 0-0 draw in San Marino and a 1-0 win against Sri Lanka.

On the competition front, the World Cup Qualifiers came around, with me facing the old enemies New Zealand. My streak against them continues as they dominated both legs, but they only beat me 4-2 on aggregate.

The OCE Nations Cup Prelims also occured. Got off to a great start with my best win of the year: 4-1 against Samoa.

Followed that up with a great match against Solomon Islands, which finished 3-3 icon_eek.gif

Then drew 0-0 to American Samoa, leaving me third in the group and needing to beat Vanuatu (first in the group) in the last match to qualify.

I needn't have worried though, it ended up a pretty easy game and I strolled it 3-0.

Finished the year ranked 110th in the world rankings icon_cool.gif

Heres My Update

A.Samoa 2 v 2 Afganastain Samoa 2 v 2 Afganastain was good game but should have won

A Samoa 0 v Comoros 6 A Samoa 0 Comoros 6 Wtf like shockin lol

A Samoa 0 v 3 Cook Island god another loss

Fiji 3 v 1 A Samoa And Again Lol

Wallis And Fututa 7 V A Samoa 0 Ok not good lol i cant seem to do anything right with these players

got in the ociena cup perm round

New caladonia

Solomon Island

Tahati

Samoa

2 Games And Im Sacked icon_eek.gif Currently Playing New Caladonia Here Goes

Half time 1-0 down at home games going ok shouldnt be behind but yea im 1 game from being sacked already lol there we have it

A Samoa 0 vs 2 New Caladonia

Luxembourg - End of Season 2007/08

So the 2007-08 season has finished with another two defeats. going into my final two matches i decided to tweak the formation an dto try and plug some gaps at the back. against Iceland away, i sacrificed a striker for a sweeper and played 5-4-1.

Iceland 3 - 0 Luxembourg

The end result was another defeat, but at least we didn't concede so many. in hindsight i think playing a sweeper was a mistake, and that i should have played a flat back 5. Strasser just wasn't effective in the position.

My last friendly of the season was a long haul trip to Colombia. i expected very little from the match, and through a lack of fitness i gave a debut to a young centre-back. i started with a 5-4-1 but after being outplayed for a while i tweaked it to a 4-1-4-1 with strasser playing in foront of the back four. we played really well and only two goals in the last 10 minutes condemned us to defeat.

Columbia 2 - 0 Luxembourg

i was really pleased despite the defeat, and i think that i will take the 4-1-4-1 formation on to my WC qualifying campaign. i am determined to play with wingers, and have some promising youngsters to fill the roles.

One bright spot at the end of season was the FIFA Rankings. We managed to climb 9 places from 172 to 161st in the world, my highest position to date.

FIFA Rankings - July 2008

i have also being linked with a few top flight clubs in Belgium, but of course i will turn them down...

Next up is England at home in a friendly before my WC qualifying campaign...

End of 2010 Update- Sierra Leone

This season lacked competetive fixtures as we only had 2. I ended up scheduling 6 friendlies. The 2 competetive matches were in the qualifying stages for the 2012 African Nations Cup. Our group looks like this:

Senegal

Sierra Leone

Gabon

Eritrea

The year started with a home game against Armenia which we cruised 3-0. Our next was a home game against Hungary, it was a very even game. We took the lead in the 62nd minute with a penalty from Al Bangura but two quick golas from Hungary gave them, in fairness, a deserved victory. I was very disappointed with our next performance against Libya. We were very poor and failed to score. It ended up rather frustratingly 0-0.

This brought on the start of our African Nations Qualifying and it started away to Senegal. This game saw nine goals and if we didnt throw away goals in this game we would have had a chance. But they were just 2 good, however I was diappointed with the result because it means we more than likely wont win the group and as a result will have to be the best, second place team. After this we had a home game against Eritrea and we strolled home 4-0. I'm optimistic we can still qualify but it would be a great achievement.

The last three games were brilliant. We played China, Bolivia and Trinidad and Tobago and won all three. The first against China 2-1. The next was against Bolivia 2-0 and we finished the year in style beating Trinidad 3-0.

List of Fixtures for 2010

I finished 2010 ranked: 78 (World Ranking Graph)

MACAU

My very first game in charge was the World Cup 2010 qualifying match against Thailand.

My qualifying campaign ended even before the match started as half of the squad that I picked were below 70% condition!! icon_eek.gif

And to make things worse, I am down to 10 men after 45 mins.

Final Score?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ocy:

MACAU

My profile:

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p271/talisman168/untitled-10.jpg[/img]]My profile

Have arranged a series of friendly games against teams that are slightly above me in rankings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry guys, just realised that the url link is not working.

Here it is: My Profile

Decided I would start a new game as I wasn't really enjoying my Central African Republic one.

I decided to take on Madagascar and found a squad that had a good deal of potential.

I am running the major nations of W Europe and South Africa plus I have all players from every African nation loaded.

My Profile

I was unable to qualify for the African Nations from my group but I could finish a respectable 2nd if I could win my remaining games. First up was Malawi away.

I couldn't have hoped for much better.

Malawi 0 Madagascar 1

This had a dramatic effect on my rankings for September 2007.

Madagascar up to 148!

This is much more fun than Central African Republic!!

Since i didnt really like the look of my Macau game, I have set one up as manager of Madagascar. At least I get a nice island location with some nice wildlife for those long times between matches.

Hopefully I may actually get somewhere with this game.

Only have 52 eligble players, and have joined partway through a qualifying group.

Current world ranking is 167th and I'm being expected to enjoy my time in the qualifiers at the moment.

Hopefully I will actually get to some matches this time before getting bored!

After being in charge for 3 days I was told that our ranking had already dropped 3 places to 170.

I have now played my remaining (and only) 2 African Nations Cup qualifiers.

Results were

Nigeria 6-0 Madagascar

Well that was to be expected, top of the group, plays bottom.

Madagascar 2-4 Sierra Leone

We were 2-0 up at half time but our awful second half let us down. Still was an improvement over the Nigeria match.

Next up is a 2 legged tie against Chad in the first round of the World Cup Qualifiers. And then a couple of friendlies that I hope to stand half a chance at.

End of 2011 update- Sierra Leone

It was a year which brought about no surprises. We didn't qualify for the African Nations Cup but we climbed up the rankings and won our first round of qualifying for the World Cup against Chad.

The year started with the most disappointing of results a 3-3 home draw against Gabon. It all but ended our hopes of qualifying for the African Nations Cup. I just cannot explain how we didn't win it. We absolutely dominated yet managed to let in 3 goals, so frustrating. The nest game brought about a positive result, a 2-1 friendly home win against Algeria. Our next 3 fixtures rounded up the qualifying campaign, we lost 2-0 to Senegal which was a respectable performance I guess. We won our last games against Eritrea 2-0 and Gabon 3-1. I had hoped to qualify so it was a disappointing campaign, as we are now definitely good enough to be at the African Nations Cup.

The group finished like this: (after 6 games)

Senegal 18

Sierra Leone 10

Gabon 7

Eritrea 0

Next up was the beginning of our World Cup 2014 campaign. In the first round we drew Chad. The first leg we had a comfortable 3-0 home win, then in the second leg they put in the worst performance since I started with Sierra Leone. Chad won 4-2. It was abysmal because Chad are a rubbish team. We finished the year on a good note with a 2-1 win over Togo.

The group we have drawn for the World Cup Qualifying is:

Nigeria

Angola

Sierra Leone

Togo

Libya

Mauritius

As we have drawn Nigeria I almost rule out the chances of qualification. My realistic aim for the group is to finish 2nd but I believe it would be a great achievement.

Results for 2011

We ended 2011 ranked: 64 (World Ranking)

Madagascar - End of 2007 Update

Following on from our losses in the African Nations Cup Qualifiers, we had a 2 legged tie against Chad in the WCQs.

It was Madagascar 1 - 1 Chad after the first leg which was my first draw in charge of the team and left me optimistic for the second leg.

However the second leg was Chad 2-0 Madagascar, where we had a goal disallowed early on and never really got going.

Then came the 2 friendlies I had organised.

We won 3-0 against Djibouti (my first win) and then days later lost 3-0 to Surinam.

When I took over Madagascar was at 167 in the rankings, and at the end of the year we are 173rd in the rankings

Since I am out of the qualifiers I was in, I have to guess that its going to be a year of friendlies coming up.

Madagascar - End of 2008 Update

A quiet year for Madagascar with 2 of the friendlies being cancelled, and I wasnt able to arrange replacements.

As a result we only had 3 matches in the whole year.

Madagascar 3-1 Mauritius

Madagascar 2-1 Aruba

Madagascar 2-1 Eritrea

I am picking countries I think we stand at least half a chance against just in order to try and raise Madagascar's profile and ranking.

Must be working since we finished the year in 135th Place.

I have already arranged 5 friendlies for 2009, however I am hoping there may be a qualifying campaign for the African Nations since I think its every 2 not 4 years?

After my 1-0 win in Malawi I was optimistic about our trip to Congo. I didn't expect to win but seriously thought a draw was on the cards. The result flattered them really.

Congo 5 Madagascar 2

They didn't deserve such a big win, and we had the lion's share of the possession, but our defence (who had been superb against Malawi) had an off-day and couldn't handle the Congoan star striker.

We finished the group in 3rd place, a result that I feel was respectable enough.

Straight after the Congo game was the first leg of our 1st round qualifier for the World Cup. We were drawn against Guinea Bissau and I fully expected a triumph. The lads duly obliged me.

Guinea Bissau 1 Madagascar 2

And the second leg:

Madagascar 3 Guinea Bissau 1

The group we have drawn for the second round is tough but I think we may be able to beat a couple of the teams. We won't get anything from 2 of the teams...you know who.

2010 World Cup qualifying

On a side note I found the following story curious. I know Madagascar aren't the best team but 3 goals?!!...

Madagascar's record goal scorer!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

Senegal Lots - 1 Madagascar

Disasterous start to our African Nations qualifying campaign. Been drawn in a group with Senegal, Sierra Leone and Liberia. My prediction is last with an awful goal difference. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch!! That's gotta hurt.... well i guess it can only get better from here... surely.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liam =D:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anagain:

On a side note I found the following story curious. I know Madagascar aren't the best team but 3 goals?!!...

Madagascar's record goal scorer!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For Madagascar against Madagascar!!?!!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, hadn't noticed that. Even more curious.

Hello, I'm back from my church and work commitments and will be looking to get the website finished off while listening to the England game and awaiting the patch.

Countyfan52 well done on your improvement in ranking, remember it is not only your results but everyone else's that count so if you are drawing and they are losing, up you go.

SVM not a great 2007, let's hope 2008 is better for you.

Rlipscombe not good that your goal scoring has dried up, but at least you are going up in the world ranking.

Combustion some great results there in 2010 and 2011 and at least you managed to beat Chad on aggrgate. Well done on the great world ranking.

Axefighter keep up the good work and you'll be in the top 100.

Annilhilator666 thanks for the encouragement we look forward to you joining the challenge.

Rab1879 I'm not sure whether to commiserate with you or congratulating you on being the first person on this challenge to get sacked, considering you were American Samoa I'm surprised as you kept all the scores in single figures and even graped a goal which for them is a major success. Good luck with your next team.

Ocy welcome to the challenge, hope your results pick up.

Anagain well done on the improvement with MAdagascar.

Mfarrelly1 welcome to the challenge. Sorry to hear of the scoreline against Tunisa.

Gilbster good luck with Madagascar. Don't get too disheartened by the Senegal result, they are a good team.

Archived