Title deciders last day of the season

I had a last day title decider: I am Atletico Madrid: year 2016/2017

Some Background.

I had won the previous two league campaigns whilst Real Madrid had struggled by finishing 5th and 3rd. In the past 5 years I had won 2 Champions Leagues along with two leagues, whilst Real Madrid had won 2 leagues and 1 Champions League. I had overtaken them in recent success, rep and Stadium (90,000 seater).

However, Real Madrid changed their manager for the season. Bringing in Carlo Ancelotti. Real had a fantastic season, knocked me out of the Copa Del Rey semi finals and champions league semi finals on away goals. By the end of March they were 10 points ahead of me. I went to their place, I won despite being outplayed 1-0. I closed the gap to 7 points. Over the next 7-8 games I actually went ahead of Real Madrid by 2 points. Winning away at Valencia, Bilbao and Barcelona in what was a tougher run in than Real Madrid.

Last Game of the season

Last game of the season. I have 92 points. Real Madrid have 91. I am away at Sevilla, they are at home to Espanyol. At half time Real Madrid are 5-0 ahead, whilst I'm dominating the Sevilla game but failing to score.

Its 0-0 in the 85th minute. My young striker, coming through the ranks has come on to hopefully score a goal, his first touch takes him past the last defender and he shoots...he hits the post. Sevilla clear the danger. The last 5 minutes is just Atletico knocking on the door. I fail to score. Real Madrid won 6-0.

Real Madrid win the league. Successfully taking back their place as the best team in Madrid and knocking me out of all competitions along the way. :(

CM 03-04, leading the Serie A with Milan most of the season only for Lazio to challenge on the final day. I go into the last game at Lecce thinking that a draw will mean I lose the title on goal difference. I throw everything forward and with the last kick of the game, Shevchenko fires in a winner, cue my wild celebrations at winning the title by 2 points.

Only later did I realize I would've gone into a playoff with Lazio had I drawn, and that going all-out against Lecce was a bit risky!

I had one with my Real Madrid save in 2011-2012, I lead the league 10 points over Barcelona for 90% of the campaign because they had drawn their first 3 fixtures and Messi was injured for the first 2 months of the season with a hip injury. They got knocked out of CL and whatnot by GD and Udinese took 2nd. In the last month and a 1/2, a massive fixture congestion with La Liga, CL QF and SF, and the Copa Del Rey Final and a few injuries to key defenders and midfielders saw me go from a 10 point lead to 4 points. I lost 2-0 to VIllareal in the last 4 fixtures and it was a 1 point diff. in the league. Barca kept the pressure on me 'till the last day where I tied 3-3 against At. Madrid and Barca had to lose or draw for Madrid to win. THey had a match up with Zaragoza, so I thought I'd lost and Just kept pressing continue until it showed that Barca had tied 1-1 with Zaragoza and crowning Madrid campeones.

I had my first decider the other day...I was playing as Everton (first season) and was MILES ahead of the closest side (Man City) with 10 games to go then i hit a torid patch and went 6 games without a win :( (City won 5 of theirs)

Going in to the last game of the season i was top with a +9 better goal difference than City.

City were at home to Blackburn, who had only managed to pick up 11 points all season and i was away at Arsenal, who already had secured 3rd spot.

City won 4-0 and i got thumped 4-1.....Still, i was very happy with my position overall and are looking forward to Champions League football.

My downfall was my defence, i conceded 55 goals but scored well over 100. Had a lot of weird scores like 7-3, 8-2 and a few 6-2`s.

It won`t happen again this season.

I am managing york city, in my first season i lost the league title on last game of season to fleetwood I got beat at home 2-0 and fleetwood won, we both finished on 101 points and they had 3 goal better goal difference I was gutted lost in playoff semis to ebbsfleet lol. Just finished second season was second behind Cheltenham both on 93 points, I drew at home last game and they lost at Luton away, was buzzing ha

FM 2007. When I was training FC Porto, I was in the lead with 2 games left with an advantage of 2 points (don't remember) over Sporting CP. Then I played the decisive game against Sporting. Lost the game and the championship :(

Archived