Lower League Injuries

I am playing with Plymouth and I have a huge problem with injuries. I seem to get someone injured every game and for whatever reason I never get "few day" injuries. I would venture to say that on average my injuries are around 5 to 6 weeks. I played with Roma before until around 2018 and I never had a problem like this. I would get mainly injuries that would last a few days and rarely would I get a long term injury.

Is there a reason for this? I have the same training schedule that I had with Roma which everything is set at MEDIUM level. Do I have to lower the level even more?

Are my players more susceptible to injuries because they are worse players talent wise and physically?

Probably also has something to do with your training facilities being not of the same standard as Roma. The poorer the facilities, the more likely injuries occur. Although, I would think this is only a part of your problem.

Have you altered your tactics? Perhaps, as you suggested, the less gifted players , both technically and physically, you have are more likely to be injured playing a high intensity style.

There may be many causes for that injuries. You say they are in-match injuries. So;

bad pitch condition is the most common enemy of footballers. Check your opponents if they have injured player or not.

both training ground and training schedule could effect them. Especially aerobic and strength parts.

Players who are not talented generally play aggressively and do challenges looks like another sport :)

So i should try lowering the training levels?

Personally, I wouldn't. As you said they are only on medium anyway. I'd take SerTkaN's thoughts onboard also. Maybe reduce your aerobic and strength, but increase the other areas to compensate. While you can certainly have training to high, it is also possible to have the levels too low.

You may find your just going through a bad run, which happens sometimes.

Archived