AI Experiment - what would happen if?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It feels like its taken me years to read this thread, and I feel better for it. Even though I'm playing FM08 now, the AI still behaves in similar ways in some respects, and I feel that I've managed to understand it more due to this...

Its also good to see the prodigal sons return.... icon_smile.gif

Sorry folks.....it's all got a bit hectic in the run up to Christmas! Work deadline, and the fact that I really should get the wife something at some point.....

Updates will come soon though, the writing process is a little more streamlined when I don't have managers breathing down my neck icon_smile.gif

btw Kipfizh, just out of curiosity, how does your wife react to FM/the Bandits? My gf thought I was the biggest nerd ever because I spend way too much time on FM let alone when I started to explain her that I was reading an online experiment that some guy in England was running... now she thinks I'm a complete nut case.

Originally posted by Meitheisman:

btw Kipfizh, just out of curiosity, how does your wife react to FM/the Bandits? My gf thought I was the biggest nerd ever because I spend way too much time on FM let alone when I started to explain her that I was reading an online experiment that some guy in England was running... now she thinks I'm a complete nut case.

icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

icon_biggrin.gif Maybe she would change her mind when you come up with a Bandits jersey icon_wink.gif Or she will just let you live the rest of your life with your beloved Bandits icon_biggrin.gif Easy choice for me to make tbh icon_cool.gif Go Bandits!! icon14.gif

OK...10 hours straight and I have read the entire thread. icon_eek.gif A fascinating and absorbing journey. Quite simply I love it. icon14.gif KUTGW Kip you are a legend.

Would it be possible to have a butchers at the Managers' Hall of Fame?

icon_biggrin.gif I know how you feel. My GF noticed on my Facebook page that I had joined a group called 'The Bandits fan club'. So when my response to 'what group's that' was 'Oh, it's just a fan group for a made up team on Football Manager' she looked at me in disgust. I think the exact words she used were 'you sad git'.

Ah well, she's just bitter because she hasn't got as many facebook friends as me icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by spoonguardreturns:

Kip - brilliant thread, have been an avid reader for a while now. I have a couple of questions (apologies if some have already been answered):

- Has the board been taken over at all since the beginning?

- Has their stadium ever been replaced, and, if so, what was it renamed to?

- Yes, the board was taken over, only once iirc.

- I wouldn't guarantee it but I'm pretty sure the stadium hasn't changed nor increased since Kipfizh gave the bandits a 140,000 seater.

- I wouldn't guarantee it but I'm pretty sure the stadium hasn't changed nor increased since Kipfizh gave the bandits a 140,000 seater.

And you'd lose that bet. icon_smile.gif

The stadium started out as an 80000 seater, which they filled regularly. The board later increased the capacity, maybe even twice, I can't remember.

Originally posted by Mravac Kid:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Meitheisman:

The stadium started out as an 80000 seater, which they filled regularly. The board later increased the capacity, maybe even twice, I can't remember. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm getting old, my memory's all rusty already icon_rolleyes.gif

Unbelievable... I posted in this thread on the second page or so, back when I used to frequent the forums, and to be honest I haven't been back since.

Came here looking for the patch, bumped into this thread again and I've just read the entire thing through for about 3 hours or so nonstop, really great stuff.

Top work mate, really fantastic that you've stuck at this thing to follow it through for so long, and I think i'll be satisfied when I see a Champions League win icon_smile.gif

Oh and I've been really impressed with the quality of your writing, it's made it well worth the read

Hope it all continues (except as a United fan, I would like to see us do well maybe just once icon_smile.gif)

Originally posted by RavenVW:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kipfizh:

And here's Left Back 1:

Left Back 1

Tactical Knowledge - 1

Motivating - 1

Judging player potential - 1

Man management - 10

Erm... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not the best icon_smile.gif

But he's an excellent coach with a decent record, so it's hard to predict how things have gone.

Unless, of course, you've already run the season and know what happens icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by deltablue:

what was his record as england manager? I would check but it would take all night for find everything and i'm due at a party soon.

Not bad at all - he never won a major tournament but always got a long way. Given that none of the major nations have been doing well recently, that isn't shameful at all.

Semi finals have been regular, and he reached one final, so he'll be looked back on as one of the best. But was it the players, or the management?

Thanks for looking this up jimmyjazz1983 icon14.gif

Kipfizh, can you find out what these numbers are in your game?

I would, as it'd be really interesting, but I have absolutely no idea how to.

Anyone know how to get the attraction levels for a town once the game has started?

Haha...well I had the advantage that she already knew I was a nutcase icon_smile.gif

Seriously though, she knows of my passion for AI and since that is so relevant to my job she's got no objections to me broadening my view a little.

The truth is though, I do most of the report work on the way to and from work - I have a train journey each day so that's where most of the writing is done. If I get the opportunity to work on it for a few hours to nail a season report then sometimes I take it, but only if it doesn't invade on home life, so generally when she's not home (she's a lawyer, so works long hours).

The past couple of weeks have been an example. It's been hectic both at work and at home for various reasons, and I've had to work on the train to and from the office instead of writing for here. Add to that the long hours I've been doing, the run up to Christmas and the fact that I've simply lost the time to do it, the experiment has had to take a bit of a backseat. I never want it to feel like a chore having to write it, so I don't force it.

But as for actually running it, she's well aware of how much of a geek I am, and fortunately she seems to find it endearing icon_smile.gif

But there have been times when I've been told to put the laptop down and do something useful!

Originally posted by Mravac Kid:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Meitheisman:

The stadium started out as an 80000 seater, which they filled regularly. The board later increased the capacity, maybe even twice, I can't remember. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually that's not true.

Look back on page 6 where I outlined the stadium. I set the minimum attendance to 80000, the maximum to 140000, and the ground capacity to 140000.

So they will never expand the stadium because it fulfils the needs of their maximum fanbase.

Originally posted by achilles elbow:

While Kip is busy can I just wish him, the Bandits players, ex players, and all the supporters here, a great christmas.

Come on you bandits icon14.gif

Merry Christmas to you too icon_smile.gif

And Ryan Morley, who is now a pundit, says hi icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by kipfizh:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tempelman:

Hasn't anybody made a logo for the bandits yet? I've been working a little, this logo is based on the Arsenal logo. Hope you like the idea.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/3981/banditsme4.png

Love it!! You've got the colour scheme spot on icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Kip!

I saw the Fisher Athletic logo in Left Back 1's screenshot and became annoyed that it wasn't a Bandits logo lol... So I decided to design a bit on my own.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tempelman:

Hasn't anybody made a logo for the bandits yet? I've been working a little, this logo is based on the Arsenal logo. Hope you like the idea.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/3981/banditsme4.png

Love it!! You've got the colour scheme spot on icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rubybell_99:

Knock, knock, knock.

Door opens.

"Hi Mrs. Fizh. Can Kip come out to play?"

Haha....I wonder how much trouble I'd get in for calling her that...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I DARE you to try it icon_razz.gif

only if she knows what your username here is of course.... icon_razz.gif

Haha...well I had the advantage that she already knew I was a nutcase icon_smile.gif

Seriously though, she knows of my passion for AI and since that is so relevant to my job she's got no objections to me broadening my view a little.

The truth is though, I do most of the report work on the way to and from work - I have a train journey each day so that's where most of the writing is done. If I get the opportunity to work on it for a few hours to nail a season report then sometimes I take it, but only if it doesn't invade on home life, so generally when she's not home (she's a lawyer, so works long hours).

The past couple of weeks have been an example. It's been hectic both at work and at home for various reasons, and I've had to work on the train to and from the office instead of writing for here. Add to that the long hours I've been doing, the run up to Christmas and the fact that I've simply lost the time to do it, the experiment has had to take a bit of a backseat. I never want it to feel like a chore having to write it, so I don't force it.

But as for actually running it, she's well aware of how much of a geek I am, and fortunately she seems to find it endearing icon_smile.gif

But there have been times when I've been told to put the laptop down and do something useful! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mravac Kid:

Actually that's not true.

Look back on page 6 where I outlined the stadium. I set the minimum attendance to 80000, the maximum to 140000, and the ground capacity to 140000.

So they will never expand the stadium because it fulfils the needs of their maximum fanbase. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I was right! Hooray for me icon_biggrin.gif

Archived