AI Experiment - what would happen if?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not being mean and delaying a report - I haven't finished all the sections so I'm just giving you some information ahead of time.....

---

As half time approached, the Villa matched was evenly poised at 0-0, and the Bandits were hanging on to the same score thanks to the efforts of Dave Banks, their reserve keeper, in for the injured James Wade. But on the stroke of half time, the Bandits counter attacked and scored the goal that took them out of the relegation zone for the time being. At the midway point, they led 1-0 while Villa remained deadlocked.

The half time message was simple – they had to win this – they couldn’t rely on a Villa loss in a match they were beginning to take control of. As the second half progressed, it became a Man City onslaught as the Bandits fans clung to their radios, desperate for good news elsewhere. With sixteen minutes to go, it all went wrong. The QPR keeper had been sent off for a professional foul outside the box, and with all three substitutes used, they had to send an outfield player in goal.

Suddenly Aston Villa sensed safety. They had sixteen minutes to score against an outfield player, and they would be safe even if the Bandits clung on to a victory that was also looking unlikely. But Villa attacked too hard, and only two minutes after the sending off they were hit on the break, QPR taking a crucial lead. The Bandits’ fans went berserk in celebration, but only three minutes later their joy was curtailed by a Villa equaliser. With ten minutes to go, a goal to either Man City or the now dominant Aston Villa would condemn them to the Championship.

Wow. Tense stuff!! I feel like I'm waiting for next sundays episode of 24.

However, even if it does all go pear-shaped for El Banditos, they now have the kind of squad that will decimate the Championship. So maybe a quick drop and bounce back wont hurt them too much.

VB

In the next ten minutes Villa battered the QPR goal however at this time prashant Ditarni had driven a bus direct into the villa park power grid putting the light out and the ref ending the game 10 mins early with the match locked at 1-1 only a win for the bandits would now keep them up.

Man City Legend Colin Bell struck a last minute equaliser against the mighty bandits and it looked like the Bandits are down but the manager makes an inspired subtitution replacing the poor front line with the ghosts of Karl Fletcher and Curtis Alexander. Bandits grab an injury time winner and save the day.

Oops Thats the Dream Team Ending.

Come On Kipfizh I'm dying here is it glory or bust for the Banditios!!!!

I hope this is the way updates will be presented in the future.The way the last few seasons have bee going a comic strip or even a television programme could have been based on this clubs exploits.

I cannot wait to find out surviving relegation would be a massive thing for the bandits.

Lets all give our support to the outfielder in goal you couldnt m,ake this stuff up.

Excellent Kip.

Originally posted by stevereay:

In the next ten minutes Villa battered the QPR goal however at this time prashant Ditarni had driven a bus direct into the villa park power grid putting the light out and the ref ending the game 10 mins early with the match locked at 1-1 only a win for the bandits would now keep them up.

Man City Legend Colin Bell struck a last minute equaliser against the mighty bandits and it looked like the Bandits are down but the manager makes an inspired subtitution replacing the poor front line with the ghosts of Karl Fletcher and Curtis Alexander. Bandits grab an injury time winner and save the day.

Oops Thats the Dream Team Ending.

Come On Kipfizh I'm dying here is it glory or bust for the Banditios!!!!

I reckon SI & Sega should commission a drama series to be broadcast on t'internet, based on the exploits of los Bandidos.

C'mon you Bandits....on comes Kinch to save the day......

Just so you know, you're not the only tense ones - towards the end of the last few seasons I've been feeling the same way, accidentally becoming a complete Bandits fan icon_smile.gif

I go through most of the season on holiday, stopping every 2-3 weeks after the transfer window shuts, just to see what's going on, but when we get to March I sneak through it match by match, alternating between optimism and despair for them.

I couldn't write a better story than the one that unfolds before my eyes.

Originally posted by kipfizh:

Just so you know, you're not the only tense ones - towards the end of the last few seasons I've been feeling the same way, accidentally becoming a complete Bandits fan icon_smile.gif

I go through most of the season on holiday, stopping every 2-3 weeks after the transfer window shuts, just to see what's going on, but when we get to March I sneak through it match by match, alternating between optimism and despair for them.

I couldn't write a better story than the one that unfolds before my eyes.

Does that mean that the Bandits stay up??

I remember last time Kip left us like this, and despite the optimism on the board, the news came through that Gamble had gone. So using the obvious logic of what we think will happen won't....

Man City score 3 in four minutes while a QPR backpass bobbles past the prone replacement keeper.

The Bandits are down. Long live The Bandits!

Legend Colin Bell struck a last minute equaliser against the mighty bandits and it looked like the Bandits are down but the manager makes an inspired subtitution replacing the poor front line with the ghosts of Karl Fletcher and Curtis Alexander. Bandits grab an injury time winner and save the day.

It would be nice if Mensah-Omari Kinch ran onto the pitch from the crowd and scored icon_smile.gif

Has he retired now kip?

I do wonder why the managers in the Premiership are all so crap. Is it an indication of declining average staff quality, or declining absolute number of top staff, or insufficient selectivity of clubs? What would be interesting is if someone could post a list of current (i.e. start FM07 season) Premiership club managers and their abilities. I would, but I only have FM05 and I think a like-for-like comparison makes more sense.

Keep up the good work, I only discovered this thread yesterday and have already read every post by kipfizh.

Haha, good spot, I'll have to be more careful about that in future!!!

The goal never came for Villa, QPR's defence held firm and protected the keeper, so the Bandits stayed up in remarkable style, and with a great deal of luck.

Update should come tonight, I'm partway through the team analysis (which takes the longest of any section).

icon_smile.gif

im loving this thread, ive only just discovered it tonight and have spent the last 3 hours going through all 24 pages.

Sorry to ask a stupid question but I want to try the same sort of thing at home and just wamted to know How do you go about doing it, do you just enter the game as a manager without a club? Just wondering how you go on holiday for a year and still keep track of everything that is going on with the bandits

Originally posted by williamshankley:

What a joke being put into this part of the forums icon_confused.gif

Agreed, this is one of the all time classic threads - which EVERYBODY reads and they tuck it away in some crappy hideaway.

Perhaps the guys who run the forum should realise that threads like this increase interest in THEIR game and that might just increase sales.

Way to Go!

Originally posted by dafuge:

Ter has moved it to the right place though, this forum is for challenges, sign up games and holiday games. I suppose it could go in the FM Stories forum if you want to get really picky.

I don't understand - how is it a challenge? It is not asking me to do anything. How is it a sign-up - I can't join this league and that only leaves Holiday Games and this doesn't look like Twister or Scrabble - so why is it in the right forum?

Originally posted by bnurpo:

Why does it say the topic is 24 pages long, but when I try to open it I have to change the URL to page 14? I blame the whole moving thing - can't really see how that has helped anything...

Nope. And with a shortcut to the thread still in GQ it'll take up the same amount of room in the forum list as it did previously.

Plus it's taken them all these weeks to decide to move it.

If it was in the wrong place, why did it take this long?

If it has been moved, why are we missing ten pages?

What possible reason could there be to move such a (the most) popular thread. Maybe someone didn't get their oats or something. Can men get PMT?

Shocking. icon_mad.gificon13.gif

Originally posted by Blakejo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Ter has moved it to the right place though, this forum is for challenges, sign up games and holiday games. I suppose it could go in the FM Stories forum if you want to get really picky.

I don't understand - how is it a challenge? It is not asking me to do anything. How is it a sign-up - I can't join this league and that only leaves Holiday Games and this doesn't look like Twister or Scrabble - so why is it in the right forum? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a holiday game, which is what this forum is for.

Originally posted by VonBlade:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bnurpo:

Why does it say the topic is 24 pages long, but when I try to open it I have to change the URL to page 14? I blame the whole moving thing - can't really see how that has helped anything...

Nope. And with a shortcut to the thread still in GQ it'll take up the same amount of room in the forum list as it did previously.

Plus it's taken them all these weeks to decide to move it.

If it was in the wrong place, why did it take this long?

If it has been moved, why are we missing ten pages?

What possible reason could there be to move such a (the most) popular thread. Maybe someone didn't get their oats or something. Can men get PMT?

Shocking. icon_mad.gificon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All the threads that came under this forums description were moved over here when it was created, it looks as if this one was missed for some reason. The other similar threads that opened in GQ recently were probably the reason for it moving, it's nothing to do with popularity.

Archived