[FM11] Dreams of greatness

karax268

I have decided to start a new save and thought I would share it here. It is my first try at a career thread, so I am curious how it will go.

I wanted to do a journeyman save this time around and be able to manage in countries I have never managed in.

This is the setup I have chosen: Leagues loaded

I usually set goals for myself during saves. My first long term goal will be to win the Champions League as quick as possible. This will mean I will be hopping around a lot in the early years of my career. After I reach that the new goal can be anything, whatever keeps me interested I guess.

But, first things first. Getting a job ;)

I will start unemployed and apply to all available jobs in bottom division leagues. We'll see what comes up.

logozi.gif

After two weeks of applying to clubs from all corners of Europe (and being ignored by most of them) Danish Amatuer team Herlev offered me a job. I thought about it only briefly before I accepted.

Last season Herlev won promotion to the Danish second division East and the press seem to think we'll drop right back down. The board don't seem overly optimistic either, with their message to 'learn from our experience'. It seems I'm facing a though season.

Club information The club is a white paged ready to be filled, despite existing 87 years, last years promotion being a highlight in the clubs history.

Club facilities Very reasonable facilities for an Amateur team.

Squad I'll have to be very active in the transfermarket. This team has the right players in key positions but really lacks in depth.

Long term goal: Winning CL as quickly as possible

Estimated time for completion: No idea, at least not in this decade.

Because of this goal I'll be leaving Herlev as soon as an higher reputation comes along. unless I'll manage a promotion before then, but that seems unlikely at the moment.

Short term goal Save the club from relegation this season. Unlike the board I'm not giving up without a fight

Chance of succeeding: With the right signings I think I can pull it off.

logozi.gif

2010/2011 - Danish Second Division East - Herlev

Promoted last year, we were favorites to go straight down again. Neither press nor board were convinced of our chances.

Standings - Past positions

We started strong, chalenging for the top spot for the first half of the season. A dip of form at the half way point saw us losing the connection with the leaders. Form didn't really improve, but as others started dropping points we managed to consolidate the 4th place.

A fantastic first season. I knew with the right signings I could stay away from the relegation spots but never expected this.

Danish Cup

First round we were drawn away to fellow East division team, Frederikssund. They too were expected to go down and people predicted a tight game. The 4-0 win was, perhaps, the first sign of a great season to come.

Second round saw us against first division team, FC Fyn. In a thriller where we went ahead three times and they drew level only two, we secured a spot in the thirs round. There FC Kobenhavn sent us home with a deserved 4-0 win.

The board did not expect us to go further than the first round, so going this far was really great.

Transfers

As AndrewFM predicted once my players started playing well they were targeted by other clubs. I managed to keep most of them at Herlev but on the last day of the transfer window I lost my best GK, AMC and ST.

The AMC I managed to replace with an equal quality player, but not in the ST and GK positions and I think it has cost me points

Squad

Finances

Also a good season for the finances. I even managed to convince the board to turn Semi-Professional next season.

Key players

There are two who stood out

Benjamin Martha

I signed him in the summer and he performed admirably. The only downside with him is that I have to miss him several games a season because of international games.

Dennis Petersen

He joined in the winter and has won several games for us in the remaining season.

Next Season

I look forward to guide the team through the transition from Amateur to Semi-Proffesional and hope the increased status will increase my own reputation as well.

Not losing players because they don't have contracts will be a huge relief too.

Short term goal

I'm aiming for the play-off spot next season. If I can get a good GK and second ST that should be possible.

Long term goal

I've taken the first step, much more can't be said really.

Prediciton: Still not this decade.

Archived