Raphaël Varane

blackskar

?di=312925246867&t=1

Raphaël Varane

Raphaël Varane (born 25 April 1993 in Lille) is a French football player who currently plays for French club Lens in Ligue 1. He is a France youth international having earned caps at under-18 level. Varane plays as a central defender. Ahead of the 2010–11 season, he began training with the senior team and appeared on the bench in several league matches. On 7 November 2010, he made his professional debut in a league match against Montpellier.

Screenshot from the start of the game:

varane2010.png

Screenshot from my game (currently at Oct. 2013):

varane2013.png

Anyone else picked up this little gem? Despite some really low stats at the start he's turned into a great little player, and still has lots of time to improve. Had him tutored by Vermaelen and he's now my starting CB alongside him.

I managed to pick him up for £2m at the start of the game, but I'm sure you can get that price down if you tried

I'm only in my second season, so he isn't anywhere near a starting spot yet, but he's looking very good in my Arsenal save as well.

I've given him in odd start in league cup matches, and he has actually played really well. My scouts rate him as a 4 star talent too, so hopefully he'll become a gun CB for me in the future.

Brilliant player, just brilliant. Bought him for my Newcastle side for 3rd season, £3.3m.

Original idea was to blood him in slowly maybe over two seasons (At the same time I brought in Gabriel Milito on a free for first choice), but Varane made the shirt his own almost immediately. I've just finished 7th season, Varane is 24 and I think he'll be first choice for the foreseeable future. Apart from being extremely solid defensively, he also scores quite a few from set pieces (on average about 6 a season, for past few seasons 10 & 8). And him being rather quick for a CB helps a great deal considering I play rather attacking set-up. Which should make him ideal for quite a few gamers.

Oh and looking at his history, he's the reigning "European defender of the year" for 2016. I know these awards are a bit silly at times, but at least it gives some indication of his ability.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Used to buy him all the time on previoys Patches, especially 11.2 but, just signed him on my Gunners save & this will be the 1st time I've signed him on 11.3 :eek::)

Great talent. With some Imporvment in his 'Tackling' & then he'll become Yop, Top Quality! :DTommy Vermaelen tutoring him aswell... :thup:

Didn't turn out amazing for me, only had a PA of 150 something in the end.

Was still very solid though, and a first choice CB for a few seasons, just sold him on for £9.25m to Udinese in January 2018.

Has about 25 caps for France (aged 24).

Archived