FM Save has started lagging.

Dno whats going on with it, yesterday it was all fine, I loaded it up today and when I click on a player, takes a while to load up the info, everything else loads fine around inbox etc, its just players that are taking the **** :/

Anyone know what could be causing this or a solution ?

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and click on task manager. Then click on the processor tab and it should show you a graph of the amount of CPU you are using. Have this visible when you click on a player and if it shoots up to 100% then its a problem with your computer, and Windows is probably doing some other processes. If not its a technical issue to do with Football Manager and i don't have a clue lol.

It does make a noticeable difference if you are not playing on a high end system. However I would try and address the problem before adding game booster. As the poster above says this is v.unlikely to do with the Facepacks or Logos.

When you pressed CTRL + ALT + DELETE - what shot upto 100% CPU - FM.EXE or something else?

It may be that the FM cache has overflowed and is causing conflicts trying to access the data. To clear the FM cache do the instructions at the foot. This will have no negative impact so is safe to do for your FM game. Also are your other applications, programs, games running correctly? How much hard drive space have you left on your PC?

To clear the FM Cache

(First you may need to enable hidden files/folders, in Windows this is done through Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View -> Advanced Settings, then select 'Show hidden files and folders' you may also need to untick 'hide protected Operating System files')

Windows XP:

1. Open "My Computer"

2. Navigate to : "Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the "Sports Interactive" Folder.

4. Go Into the "Football Manager 2011" Folder.

5. Delete the "Cache" folder inside.

Wndows Vista/7:

1. Click "Start"

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on "AppData" and then "Roaming"

4. Go into the "Sports Interactive" Folder

5. Go into the "Football Manager 2011" Folder.

6. Delete the "Cache" Folder inside.

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Delete the the "Sports Interactive" Folder.

5. In the Library folder find the folder called "Preferences"

6. Delete the "Sports Interactive" Folder.

I did the save as thing and it didnt work

and when I click on a player it shoots up to 100% and sometimes freezes :/

image.png

upload image

I know the feeling - I have an unresolved BSOD on Windows 7 (only happens once every 2weeks) and I am battling on whilst trying to resolve.

Stick game booster on - what this does is close any non-essential programs etc to free up RAM and other essentials required to run FM (or any game) - this may get rid of the conflict which is happening.

Ive just deleted the folder and still no change, guess gonna have to tough it out and continue with my save till it decides to fix itself, im to far in to call it quits, this is my best ever save as well :/

Archived