The "Official" Tactic Request Thread - Can't find what you're looking for? ASK HERE!!

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the only decent one out there at the moment and i can't build one for love nor money this time so i'm not surprised it's had a hammering on downloads, i for one am very gratefull! It's made the Beta playable.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Started a new season with Borussia Dortmund and I'm doing moderately well. won the supercup against Bayern and am at 9-0 in the league. Ok I'm doing quite well so far :PP

I do have a problem though, I'm not really playing as I want in terms of chance creation. I win the games but I don't dominate, it's just that I'm very effective at scoring.

I would like to dominate a little more.

I'm using currently Athena's tactic which has a standard all out attack formula (you can refer to her link for the tactic as I can't post it right now as I have no access to my cpu) and I would like to mix a free flow football with lots of ccc's based on a couple of set positions for my team.

Only player I brought in was Sylvester Igboun. I'm thinking of playing with wingers, that's a requirement for me and also would like offensive Full Backs (not wingers). The base would have to be a 4-5-1 but it can be on any setup (assymetric or symmetric).

I would also like a 2nd tactic that makes use of 2 strikers as the only requirement.

Based on the input, can someone help me and suggest tactics (along with the instructions) that might fulfill what I want?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Ps You you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Would love for someone to send me a 4-3-1-2 tactic that would be fitting for AC Milan (ie, a big club with European ambitions).

Simply cannot get a tactic to work on FM13. Thanks in advance!

There is no tactic that would made the ACM good team with this "players"...

Hi guys I'm having a lot of trouble with the new FM13 setup. Everything seems to go wrong and I think I'm doing something wrong somewhere. I've been playing for 13 years and I was going to wait till I have my faster computer to play properly but it's still being built and I recently broke my index finger which renders me useless aside from things like FM so I thought I'd give it a right old go. Here's my beef with it so far after my umpteenth restart with Arsenal:

ladderyup.png

Formation:

teamform.pngtranfiihiasoh-1.png

I know the points total sounds good but look closer and you'll see why this season is not fun nor is it even making any sense or having any kind of consistency. I've had to make my own after I tried the Awesome Tactic and didn't like it. I scored most of my goals with my tactic after I start matches with Awesome but we never score. But when I change it the way the team plays changes entirely and it all looks like Stoke City tactics with Arsenal! They play okay but all my goals are lucky tap ins from crosses or LOTS of own goals. Had about 6 I think this season but I know from my previous saves thee is a lot of issues with own goals. I have the newest version of FM13 and yeah basically still failing at getting a general tactic to get my teams going. I don't get how training or pre-match preparation works really nor am I very good at knowing what I am doing with tactics all that much. Like I find that certain types don't work well together in the top teams such as DLF (s) + T (a) because they always get in each others way! So you have to do an Advanced Forward, Poacher or Target Men who never take part in plays and only ever get in lame positions. I'm beginning to hate this game! :(

Here is my squad and there stats... don't be fooled by Girous he's only scored 3 goals in 14 BPL games. Most of his goals came in the cups and UCL against weaker opponent. I tried to make it realistic so I changed most of the Potential of the promising youth in Arsenal (such as Jenkinson who is -9, Yennaris -8, etc). Some might consider that cheating but I prefer to make it realistic. Their stats are untouched and I never used fixed PA and players like George Puscas who is on trial with Arsenal but not in the official game. Anyway without blabbing on more here is my squad:

squadteam.png

fixturesresults.png

The wrong players are assisting and the wrong guys are scoring. People keep crossing but when I take it off I don't score at all! I usually score really quickly too (like one goal after another). I would love if someone can help me create my tactics and understand the connection between the sliders. I could never find a proper explanation on how they work but I find Classic Tactics aren't working because I want to be able to use the shouts to make it more realistic instead of a "set and forget" tactic. Any help would be really appreciated 'specially at a time like this when all I want to play is FM and it takes 2 hours to play 1 month on this slow machine :lol: 36 days till my new PC arrives and I get to run all my leagues and even get to finally use my old method of making tactics which was make 5-10 with different teams on holiday mode before using it myself . It's the old school, and time consuming method, but the only one that's helped me get through this many years without understanding the tactics entirely 100%.

Hi guys I'm having a lot of trouble with the new FM13 setup. Everything seems to go wrong and I think I'm doing something wrong somewhere. I've been playing for 13 years and I was going to wait till I have my faster computer to play properly but it's still being built and I recently broke my index finger which renders me useless aside from things like FM so I thought I'd give it a right old go. Here's my beef with it so far after my umpteenth restart with Arsenal:

ladderyup.png

Do you can upload please? Thanks!

Formation:

teamform.pngtranfiihiasoh-1.png

Do you can upload please? I would like to try it! Thanks

i need an underdog tactic for stopping the AI team to be like 11 doped horses all game.

in Crvena Zvezda, playing the champions league final for 9th time, after playing semis eleven times and quarters 5 times (against barcelona, city and now united)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to recreate the playing style, roles and positions of my favourite Liverpool side, the 1987/88 side. I'm a bit stuck on the Midfielders roles and duties and would like some advice. John Barnes will be a Winger, but your opinions what roles would Whelan, McMahon and Houghton have??

• 2 weeks later...

I've got an online league 1 club (MK Dons) and I've been struggling to find myself a tactic/style and stick to it. After a 1st season promotion to championship everything went bad in championship and I got relegated (my first relegation in my FM/CM era). Now I'm back in LG1 and still got huge long term debt, new cash strapped chairman and i'm already over the 50k wage budget. Transfer window is open, but I cant afford anything, so only loans are available.

Preferably I'd want a balanced tactic without being overly defensive or attacking. I dont need to have my playmaker with 200+ passes. I just want a good balanced tactic, using strength of my team. According to team comparision my team is top 3-4 in any area. Passing and technique pretty high. Defense is a slow but good otherwise. Wingers are fast and skilled. Strikeforce is thin and a bit slow. The spine is slow, strong and good in the air while the wings are fast.

Defense

[li]Decent goalkeeper. Good kicker, not so good as a sweeper keeper.. •Quick full backs. Right back is also a very good marker but not so good going forward. Left back is better going forward.

•Centre backs are strong and tall. Not so quick and not great tacklers. However they're good markers and have good positioning sense. Pretty much your typical british limited centre backs.

Midfield

•centre midfielders aren't too good. I've got one with very good passing and creativity. He's your typical slow playmaker with bad fitness and bad stamina. Good long shot and finishing as well. The other centre midfielders are more all around but weaker, 2 BWM and 1 DLP. Overall lacks tackling but composed and good passers and creative. Not obodversatile enough, almost only MC, nobody natural CM or AM.

•Wingers are very good for LG1 levels. They were signed for 4-3-2-1 so they're all AMR/AML naturals. Very quick and good dribblers. Only average crossers though. Starting AML is good at defending. Nobody a natural inside forward. Mental attributes is not great though.

Strikers

A problem. I've got a 17 yo target man with world class potential. He's good in the air, decent otb, good technique, good work rate and a very good finisher, but lacking in composure, 1st touch, dribbling and only average physical. Backup strikers are much faster but much less skilful. Another backup striker is your typical british target striker.

My questions are:

•Should i have playmaker and target man ticked and how would that work for me?

•Last season I had problems attending sessions and I also had a very poor start. I made mistakes using counter attacks and I was isolating my wingers. In last 10-15 games I started playing football again and my wingers came to life. My wingers should be able to destroy League 1. How can i use their strength to my advantage. I've got a good playmaker and I want him to pass to the wings. I've been finding him being too high up the pitch as an AP. He's not finding the ball as much as i wanted. My other CMs are getting much more action because they're in deeper position.

• While I want to play some possession football by defenders are no Franz Beckerbauer. They dont want to find themselves too high up the pitch. Can I play possession footballs with slow clumsy centre backs?

•How can I use my very fast full backs/wingers to my advantage?

•With a target man starlet upfront, can I use him as a lone striker or does he need a faster partner?

•Can I use 4-2-2-2 wide with no DM?

•Can I utilise the target man without isolating the wingers?

Any ideas?

looking for a good tatic to use with my rencently promoted hull city team in the prem. i like to play with wing backs and a back 3 so more like 3-3-2-2. i keep letting in loads of goals at the moment. my normal team is gk-japovic, dc- chester,hobbs,doria rwb-elmohamdy lwb-brady, dm-meyler, cm-koren,quin st-aluko,simpson.

• 2 weeks later...

hi im just looking for a guide that helps you create a possession based tactic,i can never work out what formation/roles/individual instructions etc are best for a slow build up from the back type tactic.Ihave tried other people's tactics but they dont ply how i like,i know there is alimit to wht the me can produce but if anybody has a link for a guide that explains it(if there is one)i would appreciate it ty

I started at Derby and finished 9th in my first season and just been given the sunderland job ( they got relegated) the seem week all over the pitch apart from at the back and bentley is there and on 40k a week! my max wage at derby was 11k. I want to build a team at sunderland and take them up and one day the champs league theyre big enough surely. Id love a tactic to stick to and recuit players to fit it. I have 12m to spend and a wage budget 4 times higher than derbys so any ideas of a tactic you would use with blank canvas in the championship please? i just dont know what works and what doesnt

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I'd like to ask how long does it take for a new thread to be accessible.

I uploaded and started a thread about my own tactic about 3 hours ago and it still doesn't exist.

Thanks in advance

EDIT : obviously it was within forum rules, I uploaded my screenshots and tactics on sites that have been used by other users

• 3 weeks later...

Hello / help

Im going to start a new save tonight on the latest patch. i have not playing the game early doors when the game 'seemed' to buggy to enjoy.

I really dont have much time these to put into creating my own tactic and style etc so can anyone suggest the best plug and play tactic (ideally suited to Arsenal) which doesnt exploit the games weekness so i win 10-nil every week or looks like a really dodgy formation with 1 at the back and 7 fwds but hopdully a good reliable tactic which i dont have to tweak all the time and then i can just set about buying some players and playing...

First of all I would just like to say that Football Manager 2013 has been a total disaster for me. 12, 11, 10, 09, 08, 07 I've never been great at creating tactics that work year after year, but I give them a go and had some sort of success just preferred to download. On 13 I've dropped from 700 + hours to just 22 hours since I bought the game in November.

So anyway onto what I wanted to post are there any tactics in a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 formation that have possession and work home and away? Using the latest Steam version 13.2.3? I have actually looked at a few of the tactics on this and some other forums but most receive negative replies so I don't download. I have always liked a system where the midfielders and wingers can score the goals too. If you look at Gerrard etc when they play in a central midfield role and and still provide assists and goals (well Gerrard of old) maybe should have said Frank Lampard instead or when you have wingers who just seem to score time and time again. Having them as well as the ST's coming up with the goods is what I hope to have.

I would appreciate a reply to this as I would really like to get some hours into the game. I just can't when I'm banging my head against the wall when I'm being thrashed by inferior opposition.

Edit 28/02/2013 3 days after

Thanks a bunch for the help.

Anyone got a tactic for Leeds? Something along the lines of 4-4-2.
Try this FM12 tactic, did a test with Hull City and romped season 1, won the league with 5 games to spare and reached semi final of the FA cup

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/288166-FM2012-Vodu-Caos-12.0-Official-Thread

Make sure you use the 12.0 original version

Hello I was wondering if anyone knew of any tactics I can use with Everton? I am currently on the 13.3.2 patch what I am really looking for is a plug and play solid tactic 1 I can build a team around I am not looking for a diablesque one just let the assistant do most of the work on teamtalks match prep etc I am not lazy I have a six week old baby who gets me up 3-4am and the game helps me get through! any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I manage Ajax and normally play 4-1-2-2-1 with 2 CMs and wingers - this is my home tactic and works just fine. However, I have issues when playing in Europe and when I am slightly underdog away from home, so I am looking for a good counter attacking tactic for away and I would like to find something similar to what I play at home.

I've just posted a 4-1-1-3-1 tactic that is wing-play and attacking. An effective modern tactic taken from a classic I created a few years back and adapted for the modern game. It works really well. Find it ttitle ....Classic Celtic *ALL NEW 4-1-1-3-1 Wing-Play.

I noticed a few posts requesting something similar so thought you might likle to know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello managers :)

Can I please have someone to help me learning FM 2013 tactics concept? I manage Real Madrid (with original players mostly) with its real world's tactics 4-2-3-1, but I wanna play that formation with beautiful style football like Brazil/Barca/Spain nowadays, or Madrid in Del Bosque era (short pass, relatively narrow, patient build-up, killer through passes).

I prefer the tactics concept/philosophy about how to understand so many parameters/buttons in FM 13 and their correlations one another, so when I understand all of those parameters, then I can use my own creative thinking to create the tactics myself based on those understanding.

You'll have my biggest gratitude if you help me here.

Thanx a lot, managers :)

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I'm new here on the forum, so I present to you ...

My name is Richard and I write from Italy, more precisely Florence!

I take the opportunity of this thread to ask the guru tactics to evaluate, I plan to 4-2-2-2 with wings

I've always been fascinated by this section, but have never been able to develop one in a decent way!

I would like to create a very offensive tactic, where you score many goals, style Fuss say!

My idea of the roles was approximately this:

*********************** GK

FB (d) CD (d) CD (d) WB (a) * * * * * * * * * * * * * **

************* BWM (d) CM (a) * * * * * * * * * * * * * **

W (a) * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** IF (s)

************** P (a) * DLF (s)

Philosophy => Balanced?

Strategy => Offensive

Passages => Short

On the freedom to invent => Little

Pressing => Most Pressing

Contrasts => Aggressive

Marking => Zone

Cross => Normal

Freedom of movement => Normal

Defensive lnea?

Amplitude?

Rhythm?

Loss Of Time?

Steps direction?

Counter?

Offside?

What do you think?

I accept any advice

thanks

• 2 months later...

Plenty to choose from. Just take a look at the number of threads still going and check out the comments and decide for yourself. Mr Hough always comes up with good tactics so that might be a good place to start. I'm using it with Bayern and am having great success.

Plenty to choose from. Just take a look at the number of threads still going and check out the comments and decide for yourself. Mr Hough always comes up with good tactics so that might be a good place to start. I'm using it with Bayern and am having great success.

Thx, but can you maybe give me a link to one of his good tactics? It seem's to be from 2010...

• 4 weeks later...

Morning all

I'm looking for a link to a tactic for my Liverpool team, i want to be able to incorporate wb's, the deadly S&S combo and Coutinho....tried a couple now and also tried myself but getting demolished 6-1 by Fulham maid me wave the white flag.

Thanks in advance

oh, i managed to sign Andros Townsend from Spurs so wanting to keep wingers (him and Sterling)....am i asking too much?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey guys i play a slow tempo game with the aim of retaining possession using short passing. My question is would passing into space be beneficial for this style of play or would this cause me to loose possession ty in advance for any advice.

• 4 weeks later...

i would like something like tyerbodes 4-4-2 on fm09, i haven't played the game since fm09. basically where the tactics are consistantly succesful and easy to use, the filters are done for you and so are the training scheduals and recommendations on team tealks etc. all i have to is download everything and buy the right players using the filters. this may make me sound lazy but to be honest i like playing football manager for fun and to get get my beloved owls to champions league glory in as short a time as possible. if anyone could point me in the direction of a tactic and thread where everything is done for me then i would be most grateful thanks

Hi guys, I need a tactic(4-1-2-2-1) for my players:

Suarez(DLF_S)

Shaarawy(IF_A), Lamela(IF_S)

Veratti(AP_A), Rafinha(CM_S)

Lucas Leiva®

Shaw(FB_A), Agger(CD), Sakho(CD), Corchia(FB_A)

I want posession/attack, but normal game is only in strict philosophy and discipline, without creativity.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have been an avid player of FM since the 98/99 season - when it was known as CM, of course - but despite my years of experience, and quite frankly the ridiculous amount of hours I've clocked up, I have been unable to grasp the tactical side of the game - mainly because I have very little inclination after a hard day at work to wade through pages of forums trying to work out the games interpretation of tactics - and have relied on the geniuses that visit these forums for 'plug and play' tactics to build successful teams around. The grid tactic for FM12 was a particular favourite of mine.

My experience of FM suggests that it takes a couple of months after the game has been released for some beautiful, selfless person to come up with a mind blowingly effective, 'conquer all' tactic which would afford me hours of FM pleasure. However, despite trawling the internet for hours over the past few weeks (yes, I am well aware these hours could have been better spent wading through the pages of aforementioned forums and learning about FM tactics), I have been unable to locate such a tactic for FM14. Now this may be because I haven't been looking hard enough or my incompetence isn't allowing the various tactics I have tried to flourish - and, if that is the case, I apologise for wasting your time - but I have finally got to the stage where I feel I need to come cap in hand to the SI community and ask for direction to a tactic that will afford a numb-skull like me a few hours of FM enjoyment on a week night, rather than going to bed with the raging needle after nearly snapping my laptop in half.

I would therefore be eternally grateful to the person who can direct me to the 'plug and play' tactic currently doing the rounds at the moment. Only specifications on my part are that it wins me more games than it loses and doesn't require a tedious amount of tinkering.

Please feel free to vilify me for laziness/philistinism/ignorance before showing me the way.

Thanks for your time.

I need some 4231 for this team in Southampton:

GK:Boruc

DR: Clyne

DL: Luke Shaw

DC: Dória

DC: Lovren

MC: Wanyama

MC: Schneiderlin

AMR: Salah

AMC: Gaston Ramirez

AML: Lallana

S: Osvaldo

I want an goal scoring machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all,

For reasons I won't bore you with I'm starting life with FM09 at the moment. I've read the thread which names the best tactics/theories for FM09 but sadly all but a couple of the download links are dead. Does anyone on here have any 442/4231 tactics that suit a relegation-tipped side?

Appreciate I'm asking a lot but any help would be great.

Thanks