[FM11] Andrew's "Where the hell am I" Euro tour

AndrewFM

2963.gif

Season Review 2017/18

So close yet so far this season guys. I ended up finishing 2nd in the league, down to having 1 less goal difference :( It was quite sickening as I ruled the league for the best part of the season and then started to fall off a bit. I was never really hit with any bad injuries or anything like that, the team just didn't play as well as they could have for a few games. I do believe that my change of formation helped me a lot and keeping most of players was also a massive boost but unfortunately I couldn't make that extra little step.

League Table

Belgian Cup: Well I did hope for a good run in the cup and to be fair the players did themselves proud, only losing to a Pro-League club, that can't be looked down upon.

So back in the 3rd Division again, this season will be my last at Hasselt if I don't get promoted I'd imagine, it's starting to get frustrating not getting anywhere so it's now or never for myself and the small Belgian club. Although, I say that now, I may be tempted to have another pop at it if I fail again :p. Anyway, I'm aiming for promotion this season, hopefully by winning the league.

Key Players:

Tim Vleminckx

Solid right back and played 33/38 league games for me. Always gave a good performance and is very reliable.

Laurent Clerbois

Well, what can I say about this guy? He scored 14 goals in 31 league games for me, and for a defender that's unreal. He will certainly remain at the club even if I get promoted next season. Big player.

Ekow Diallo

Good Ghanian midfielder and chipped in with 4 goals and 7 assists. Hopefully he can improve on that in the coming season.

Choco

Solid attacking midfielder and I can always rely on him to play well. He got 2 goals and 15 assists in the league so he was massive for my attacking movements.

Club Info & Facilities:

Information Overview

Manager Overview

Staff

Facilities

Best Eleven

Competition History

World Cup 2018

Group Stage A-C D-F G-H

Second Round

Quarter Finals

Semi Finals

3rd Place Play-off

Final

Here's the goal of the tournament:

[video=youtube;xEBQ1u49XdI]

Pre-Season 2018/19

Well guys I'm determined to get a few more of you interested in this career so I'm gonna be posting up more small little updates. A couple big results here and there etc.

KSKHasseltHasselt_Fixtures.png

That's the way my pre-season friendlies went anyway, nice to be unbeaten with a couple big teams beaten/drawn with such as FC Brussels and Genk.

Here's my transfer dealings:

KSKHasseltTransfers_History-1.png

All the players I brought in are either 20 years or younger. The scout reports I received from them all said that they were good signings for the league and all have potential to be better so I said I'd take them on, and considering that I have to have at least 2 players under the age of 21 in my squad for the league, at least I know that whoever I have can step up to the mark.

Pretty much everyone going out was due to contract expiry and I just didn't need/want. Only sold one for cash and was trying to sell one more but he couldn't agree terms with any other club.

If pre-season is anything to go by then it will be your season :thup:

I'm hoping so, I've won my 1st 3 league games anyway so that's encouraging :)

New follower here ;) I've been looking for a really good demonstration of DLR. DSYoungEsq is doing a brilliant job in Wales - here's hoping you can do similarly elsewhere!

Cheers man, hopefully I can show how it works in each of the countries I have loaded, just getting to the top league is the hard part at the moment :p

Heh, I see you have gotten a new title in order to try and get a new title. :D

Of course DS, I know you loved my last one but will have to deal with it ;)

Hope a new title can improve your fortunes mate. :p

Hopefully, I just want to get to the top league and I want it NOW! :)

Also I just added in the goal of the World Cup for your viewing guys

Ah you've moved away from Ireland. For shame :p. It seems like the team has the ability to play in the 2nd league, so hopefully you'll be able to get promoted again and stay up this time :thup:

Yeh I wasn't able to hack it :p But i do intend on going back. Yeh they should be good enough, losing 10 games in a row certainly didn't do me any favours :p I would like to get Hasselt in to the Pro-League but not sure how long I can stay with them before wanting to move on

AndrewORourkeNews_Inbox-2.png

Unfortunately no extra cash was injected to the club but I should be ok, so the takeover had no effect on the club as I wasn't even looking at buying anyone while I had my transfer embargo forced upon me.

BelgianThirdDivisionAInformation_Stages.png

With some better news, I've secured a play-off place which is always a plus, takes that extra little bit of pressure off me. Although the aim is to still go and try to win the league, don't like play-offs.

And now to go even better than the play-offs, check out this result against Standard Liege, yes the ones who have appeared in Europe in recent seasons and have been in the top 3 places in the league in each of the last 8 seasons, winning it once.

HasseltvStandardSplitView-2.png

Ouch, poor Standard. :)

And Defour still plays for them, I see. He should have made his big move abroad when he had the chance, heheh.

Ah they deserved to be beaten by the giant killers :D That's now Hasselts nickname because of this one result haha. Hopefully he sticks around in Belgium and I can snap him as soon as I get into the Pro-League.

Byt the way guys, the link to my YouTube channel is up on the OP.

2963.gif

Season Review 2018/19

It's been done :) I am back in the Second Division 2 seasons after finishing bottom in it. The league table finished up ok for myself, in terms of trying to win it, finishing 3rd, just 2 points from the eventual winners Tienen. I was happy with my overall performance, and the team put in a very good effort, just win away from automatic promotion. But the play-offs came along for me again and this time they worked out kindly for me, have a look here. I won 5-2 on aggregate in the play-off final so it was nice and convincing in the end, although when it finished 2-2 in the first leg I was a little worried.

League Table

Belgian Cup: I don't think I am the only one surprised with how well I did in the Belgian Cup, going all the way to final. I beat some very big teams on the way and in the end lost out to a much superior side, but massively encouraging by my team. Genk Final

Club Info & Facilities:

Information Overview

Manager Overview

Staff

Facilities

Best Eleven

Competition History

Congrats on the promotion, good luck in the second division :thup:

Cheers man, I've had a decent start in it so far, hopefully I can keep it up. Only finished with 26 points last time I was in it so need a huge improvement in that! Going to try and aim for 40 points.

Your centre back was your top goalscorer!

Yeh he's a beast of a man haha, just the 1 so far this season though, with 2 assists :p

2963.gif

Season Review 2019/20

Success, I stayed up :) I ended up finishing just 4 points away from the relegation play-off place so I was lucky enough I suppose, but I was always confident I would have just enough to do it. Being knocked out so early on in the cup I think may have helped my league form as I had more time in between games so my key players could rest. I'm quite happy with what we achieved this season and I hope I can build on it and try move up the table next season, I would love a mid-table finish then maybe push for promotion the season after. But that is a lot of if's and but's and I need to concentrate and make sure I can keep out of the relegation zone this season. Could be make or break for me now.

League Table

Belgian Cup: Was disappointing to only get as far as the 5th round but like I said already, I think it ultimately saved me in the league.

Club Info & Facilities:

Information Overview

Manager Overview

Staff

Facilities

Best Eleven

Competition History

European Championship 2020

Group Stages A-C D-F

Second Round

Quarter-Finals

Semi-Finals

Final

Holland did well to win it against strong opposition. Watching the results made me seriously consider taking up international management for a while.

Goal of the tournament:

Theo Walcott with this screamer was the goal of the tournament. He also was the top scorer as well, which may have disgusted Arsenal as they had just let him go before the competition.

[video=youtube;2RQaGRplaPc]

2963.gif

Season Review 2020/21

Well, I finished a place higher in 13th but to be honest I haven't felt right at the club the past 2 seasons so I decided it would be time to move on and I have decided to resign from my position. The board were happy with what I achieved with them and hopefully they can go on to bigger and better things.

League Table

So I'm gonna go attempt to get a new decent job, hopefully back in Ireland where I feel I was never given the proper chance. So away I go.

Hasselt, you've been great :)

A pair of solid seasons establishing Hasselt in the Second Division. Might be the right time to move on indeed. Hope you land somewhere decent.

Also interesting to see: Boussu must have had a rather irregular season there, to say the least, finishing 15th yet acquiring a promotion playoff spot. I wonder what would have happened if they finished one spot lower. :)

I wonder where Andrew is?

Well according to reports he's back home in Ireland declaring interest in all the jobs in the country ;)

A pair of solid seasons establishing Hasselt in the Second Division. Might be the right time to move on indeed. Hope you land somewhere decent.

Also interesting to see: Boussu must have had a rather irregular season there, to say the least, finishing 15th yet acquiring a promotion playoff spot. I wonder what would have happened if they finished one spot lower. :)

Yeah I noticed that myself, would be very interesting to see if they would have gone to both play-offs :p maybe get relegated then promoted in the same weekend haha

Well done in Belgium, you did well with Hasselt after the somewhat disappointing earlier seasons :p. I would suggest bypassing Ireland entirely and trying to get the biggest job you can find. Unless you're in for the long haul there isn't that much point managing there because of how poor the league is, although if you get the Bohemians or Shamrock Rovers job I suppose it might be worth it.

It has happened, Andrew O'Rourke's next step in management is:

Drogheda.jpg

Drogheda United

AndrewORourkeNews_Inbox-3-2.png

I was happy getting this job, although the club looks destined for relegation :(

Here's the current league table:

IrishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-2.png

So it isn't looking too promising for me at the moment, with the team none too happy about being down there and some tough final fixtures. The games in hand the teams around me have isn't gonna help either.

Drogheda-1.jpg

Season Review 2021

Aaaaaaand I failed to keep them up unfortunately :( The task was too hard for me and I only had very small hopes of actually staying up.

Here's how the league table finished up.

Well, I always knew it would be hard to keep the team up but hopefully down in the Division 1 I can bring the team together and get straight back up to the Premier Division. Although, things have changed a lot since I was last in Ireland as some of the better teams have fallen from grace and some of the "smaller clubs" are up in the Prem.

Should be an interesting season.

Pre-Season 2022

Here's my friendlies:

DroghedaUnitedDroghedaUtd_Fixtures-1.png

They weren't too bad, games against the Premiership teams were just for some extra cash and then 2 easy ones before the season started to get the morale up for my squad. Hopefully they set me up nicely for the season.

And then my transfers:

DroghedaUnitedTransfers_History-2.png

Nothing really major here, Mukeba was a definite buy, had no decent right back and this guy got a lovely report from my scout so paid the cash for him. Anyone who left had no chance at being in the 1st team squad.

March/April Update

Thought I'd start doing some more updates to keep people interested.

DroghedaUnitedDroghedaUtd_Fixtures-2-1.png

So it wasn't the greatest of starts, certainly not by the high standards I set myself. The 3 losses were particularly disappointing as I felt I could win each of them, which would have placed me in a much better league position, but how and ever, we shall battle on :).

Good results in the friendlies, Good luck getting Drogheda back up to the Premier Division :)

Hopefully this post brings you the luck to the season that you gave me! :D

I hope it does too man, Cheers.

May/June Update

DroghedaUnitedDroghedaUtd_Fixtures-2-2.png

The loss to Salthill hurt as they weren't great and I was all over them but apart from that the results went well for me, and to make it to the League Cup Semi-finals by beating my old team was sweet :)

World Cup 2022

Groups A-C D-F G-H

Second Round

Quarter-Finals

Semi-Finals

3rd Place Play-off

Final

So Spain won it in the end for the 1st time since 2010 and did so by only scoring 8 goals in the whole competition.. The big surprise was Ukraine going all the way to the final and only losing by a goal. I'm sure they're massively proud of that run anyway. Ireland didn't make it to the finals and either did England.

July/August Update

DroghedaUnitedDroghedaUtd_Fixtures-3-1.png

Not the greatest run of results in my career. The little unbeaten run of 6 games was nice but ruined by the losses either side. The win against UCD was sweet and at least I have a cup final to look forward to this season :)

Guys, I'm afraid my save file has become corrupt, the 2 of them :( Football Manager is nearly finished re-installing now so hopefully I can start again and get back into it, I was doing so well for me as well, but these things happen, hopefully I can use the 12 years experience in my next game. Look out for my new thread soon :)

Archived