Backroom staff

On my Novara save i had Pienaar as a player for a couple of seasons(he wasn't all that good and was injured a lot of time but i wanted him mainly for tutoring) and when he retired i signed him as a coach just for the sake of it(and also to get some scouting knowledge of Africa), then later on the new Season Torino offered him a job as a Manager which he accepted.

You even get a news message saying something "Novara board(or was it fans) hoping that Pienaar will stay".

In FM10, my Werder Bremen save is 13 seasons in.

Coaches of mine who have gone on to manage (though some failed and came back, tails between legs):

Thierry Henry (playing a ridiculous and unsuccessful 4-2-4)

Rio Ferdinand

Sol Campbell

Artem Milevskyi

Tim Borowski

Torsten Frings

DaMarcus Beasley

Luis Perea

Daniel Jensen

Frederico Insua

and probably a few others that haven't come to mind. I subscribe to all of them, to keep an eye on their progress - they mostly suck. Frederico Insua, a former Argentinian winger, is doing quite well in the Argentinian league - he's won it a couple of times, managing Estudiantes - but the rest never did better than upper mid-table.

in 10 i had Riquelme as a player for 5 and an assistant for about 20 seasons with wolves, I was his favoured peronelle etc, then i got the argentina job as well and signed him as my assistant, i left argentina after 4 years and he stayed on as manager but also as asst man for me. He got countless job offers to manage clubs but turned them all down to stay loyal!

Archived