Sports Interactive Community
Jedi Spur

FM11 - Tottenham Hotspur - Rise of the Triffics (take 3)

Furious with my strikers. Fuuuurrrrioooouss!

We have just played West Ham and Wigan, and drew 1-1 and 0-0, and pretty much as in real life, we creat chanve after chance and Defoe, Pav(anonymous) and Crouch just can't put it in the frickin net!

4th looks difficult to be honest, drawn too many matches. gonna have to beat City and Chelsea in all likelehood. Don't want to be playing in europa league next year, as i won't be able to bring in the right players i shouldn't think

Put Bale up front ;) scores for fun for me (granted he is only my 3rd top scorer behind Babacar & Lennon

Furious with my strikers. Fuuuurrrrioooouss!

We have just played West Ham and Wigan, and drew 1-1 and 0-0, and pretty much as in real life, we creat chanve after chance and Defoe, Pav(anonymous) and Crouch just can't put it in the frickin net!

4th looks difficult to be honest, drawn too many matches. gonna have to beat City and Chelsea in all likelehood. Don't want to be playing in europa league next year, as i won't be able to bring in the right players i shouldn't think

Get VDV and Bale up there. They'll get you the goals

Well, just beat Chelscum 3-1 at the lane in the CL q/f 1st leg. We must defend the lead on their turf and then it's the CL semi's! A glorious match too, with VdV and Bale starring. We have totally relied on their goals this term, and they have each scored more a piece than all our strikers combined. Shocking!

Club World Championship Review

Decided to play this half heartedly with a game against Chelsea 4 days after the final but still managed to put out a strong team for both matches

We met Okayama FC in the Semi Finals after they had beaten East Bengal in the Quarters and managed a healthy 5-0 with with Babacar scoring a hat trick and Jones & M'Poku scoring in a game that should have been more (25 shots to their 4 ffs!!) but a surprise was to happen in the other Semi Final as my apparent Finalists Santos were beaten 2-0 by Estudiantes Tecos meaning we would face a possible tough Mexican side in the final...

Was a shame as the final was kind of a wash out as we won easily 3-0 with goals from Babacar, Lennon & M'Poku again)

Was nice to win the £3M for a 2 game competition and it means its another addition to a blooming trophy cabinet :cool:

how do you guys set bale up? he has got 20+ goals for me these past two seasons but going into febuary this season he has only 9 gols from 35 starts. in saying that he has got 21 assists already so he is still contributing but i wouldn't mind seeing a few more goals from him. im playing 4-2-3-1 obviously with bale on left wing

how do you guys set bale up? he has got 20+ goals for me these past two seasons but going into febuary this season he has only 9 gols from 35 starts. in saying that he has got 21 assists already so he is still contributing but i wouldn't mind seeing a few more goals from him. im playing 4-2-3-1 obviously with bale on left wing

i have him set up as a normal AML Winger & Attack mentality

EDIT : Into January and Bale has finally broken Messi's run of being voted World Player Of The Year by finishing 1st \o/

am so proud of the lad :**)

Wow, hectic end to season, hopefully the lads can hold up. Got an FA cup semi Vs Everton, 2 semi final ties vs Real, and 6 prem games- City and Chelsea amongst them- left to grab that final european place.

Gonna be tough but very exciting end to season. A game every 3 days till end of season now :eek:

wow wow wow, kept in the chase via a late equaliser at City. We looked out of it and 3 pts behind untill Gareth Bale steamrolled down the flank, drilled a perfect cross to the far post for Pav to tap home. Get in!! Level on pts with them now, we have to keep winning. Still in it!

Just managed a cheeky 0-0 at the Bernebau. Not sure how to play the lads for the return leg at the lane, but think we have a great chance of getting to the final!

i have him set up as a normal AML Winger & Attack mentality

EDIT : Into January and Bale has finally broken Messi's run of being voted World Player Of The Year by finishing 1st \o/

am so proud of the lad :**)

yeah messi has won golden ball 4 times in a row now in my game although ronaldo did win world player of the year in 2010.but 2011 and 2012 were messi again

just missed out on reaching the CL final in my first season. 0-0 at the Bernabau, then 1-1 at WHL, meaing Real go through on away goals. We lacked a cutting edge because my strikers are nonces, VdV suspended and Modric out for the season with injury. Played nervously at first, and then came really close to nicking it in the last ten minutes.

Champions league hopes still alive! City have lost their past two games leaving us two points ahead still. Miraculous stuff. We really looked out of it a few weeks ago. Not playing very well at this late stage but If i can get 4 pts from Liverpool/Birmingham it might, might be enough to see us through. Who knows, we could even have 3rd if Chelsea slip up.

My three remaining games are;

Liverpool (A)

Chelsea (FA Cup Final)

Birmingham (H).

All to play for!

Well, it was an interesting season in the end;

We managed to sneak 4th place by the skin of our teeth, ousting Citeh by a mere point. We had their disastrous end of season collapse to thank for it, but i feel that overall we deserved it. We only lost four times in the league, and only once in all competitions since the New Year. How were we not challenging for the title you ask? Waaay too many draws. The most in the league i think.

Premier League

As i said, losing only four times is a pretty good deal for us. That said, we were never anywhere near challenging for the title, and this can be solely attributed to a lack of comprehensive finishing. My strikers really let me down more often than not, but also my defence and sometimes even a Gomes clanger. We didn't lose once to a top 4/5 team though.

Champions League

Having just browsed through my results in this competition, i am amazed to see that we did not lose ONCE, from the playoff qualifiers all the way through to the semi final 2nd leg. Amazing. We had a great run in the knockout stages too- Sneaking a 1-0 aggregate win over Benfica, then a thorough 4-3 aggregate spanking of Chelsea. The semi final saw us pitted against Real Madrid- a 0-0 at the Bernabau allowed us to dream the impossible dream, but alas, a 1-1 back at the Lane crushed us. I was proud of our first foray into Europe's elite competition, however.

Fa Cup

Admittedly it was a kind route that paved our way to the final, where we lost 2-1 to Chelsea. We did enough to take it to penalites, but just could not put it in the net. Key players failed to perform :/

Squad

So many areas to strengthen, but i think i will have to settle for a new striker as a matter of priority, and then anything other will be a bonus. Not to keen on many of the left back's in the game due to price's(need the cash for a forward), nor RB's, so these will have to stay the same. I'm intent on turning Sandro into a world class battle axe of a midfielder, so will probably be ok in this area. However, a newly relegated West Ham have offered me Scott Parker, and £5mill could be too good to turn my nose up at. Bale was in extraordinary form all season, as was VdV for 70% of it. Defoe was awful after a long term injury, Pav did a job but was otherwise inconsistent, while Crouch did enough for me to keep him around.

Next season is all about a title tilt. Not content with 3rd/4th, we must be challenging this time. It was a good thing we qualified for the CL, as this will better help us swat off incoming bids for Modric from City, Real and Man utd. Going out the door is hopefully Cudi, Hutton, woodgate, Jenas, possibly Niko because he's a luxury i don't really need, and 2 from Defoe, Pav and Crouch.

Well having had minimal playing time recently i have just finished my 2nd season, it has taken me ages,

A 2nd League Title was just reward for a fantastic season, Just pipping Chelsea with 2 games to go

Picked up the Super Cup, Club World Championship and the Champions League as well to top of an awsome season

Man Utd knocked us out of the FA Cup after a 3-2 quarter final replay, but you cant win everything (unless your Cleon of course)

Have also stuck to my plan of bringing through UK Youngsters and through the 2nd Season my under 18s played 26 Won 26 under the expert guidance of Bernhard Peters, Looks like the future will be bright, the back bone of the team was Butland in Goal, Chamberlain on the wing with Wickham and Kane upfront, Wickham hit 38 goals in the 26 games and will be pushing for the 1st team soon along with the others

Going in to the 3rd season my squad looks like this

1st Team Squad

GK Gomes/Button

DR Walker/Corluka

DL Baines/Assou Ekotto

DC Dawson/Kaboul

DC Bassong/Jones

MC Sandro/Rodwell

MC Modric/Van der Vaart

AMR Lennon/Bentley

AML Bale/Johnson

TM Crouch/Carroll

PO Defoe/Moses

Development Squad (all under 21)

GK Butland/Brown (English Regen)

DR Ramm/Jensen

DL Priso/Barnes (English Regen)

DC Caulker/Ambrosi

DC McCullogh/Kauffmann

MC Parrett/Alves

MC Bostock/Holmes (English Regen)

AMR Chamberlain/Voicila

AML Townsend/Alston (English Regen)

TM Wickham/Oakley (English Regen)

PO Kane/Lee (English Regen)

Am really trying to stick with the best of British on this save and see if i can still maintain ongoing success,

Any ideas of how to improve the 1st Team would be helpful

I am currently looking at Ashley Young to replace Bentley on the Right, and possibly Wilson as a left sided CB

But both will cost big money and i have just brought in Carroll (£14.5m), Baines (£9m) & Rodwell (£20m) so maybe stretching the budget a bit

On another positive note i just got the news that the board are starting work on the Perryman Arena, Good News, its only 46,000 capacity, Bad News

Amazed you still have Bentley :D

If you can get Wilson then go for it, and Ash Young has performed amazingly for me on my liverpool save :thup:

I only still have him because he is English

He is helping towards my Goal of 70% of my club being from the UK, otherwise he would have been long gone

Has actually performed pretty well when called upon, but is definately one position that could be upgraded

Just about to start a Spurs game and hopefully it will last a while. I'm going to try to mould my squad around Mr Hough's 4-1-2-3 (because I am awful at creating my own tactics), so has anyone got any tips on where to play some players like Lennon, Bale etc? :thup:

Great thread by the way ;)

Just about to start a Spurs game and hopefully it will last a while. I'm going to try to mould my squad around Mr Hough's 4-1-2-3 (because I am awful at creating my own tactics), so has anyone got any tips on where to play some players like Lennon, Bale etc? :thup:

Great thread by the way ;)

Look at the very beginning of the thread, Edgar has some excellent advice on the formations and roles that work best with Spurs. And whatever you do, make sure you put Bale in the AML position, he is wasted as a full-back. Most people tend to agree that a 4-2-3-1 works best with Spurs. Defoe as poacher, with target man/run onto ball will net you a lot of goals. The squad is capable of challenging for the title in the 1st season without any additions, but some people like to upgrade LB, and maybe add another striker if you don't get results from Crouch and Pav.

Look at the very beginning of the thread, Edgar has some excellent advice on the formations and roles that work best with Spurs. And whatever you do, make sure you put Bale in the AML position, he is wasted as a full-back. Most people tend to agree that a 4-2-3-1 works best with Spurs. Defoe as poacher, with target man/run onto ball will net you a lot of goals. The squad is capable of challenging for the title in the 1st season without any additions, but some people like to upgrade LB, and maybe add another striker if you don't get results from Crouch and Pav.

Thanks for the advice, I'll be looking at getting Benzema and maybe Maxwell on loan or Fabio Coentrao :thup:

4-2-3-1 is great for Spurs but very open depending on personnel. I keep the squad exactly the same for the 1st season, and then change what needs doing. I like BAE, solid enough, and there is not an over-abundance of great fullbacks on the game unless you want to spend £20m + on Criscito(not sure he's worth that much anyway). M'Bengue is a cheap option and has potential imo.

Anyway, i had a crash dump the day after my season ended, meaning i had to replay the fa cup final and last game of season, even with incremental saves. It was very bittersweet, as i won the FA cup final this time 1-0 against Chelsea(great performance), but i lost the last CL spot to city. Even though we mullered Birmingham on the last day, City also won, meaning they got the place on GOAL DIFFERENCE. 3 Goals to be exact. We were also 3 points of 3rd place so i am a bit gutted to be honest. We only lost 4 times all season in all competitions, which is really unbelievable. Not even in the Champions League(even though we went out in the Semi's due to goal difference/0-0, 1-1 Vs Real). So it was really a strange season in this regard. Too many draws :/

An Fa Cup trophy, CL semi final and 5th place is a paradoxically great season, but missing out on Europe's premier competition next season is a major blow. We more than held our own there to justify our place, but alas we must take it on the chin and regroup for a title challenge next year.

Our transfer activity shouldn't be affected, hopefully, as i cannot afford Aguero or even Rossi just yet. Instead we will scour the world for the next generation of superstars. Playing thursday/sunday next term will be a little tricky, but i think i will prioritise the league. Will still sell all the deadwood, and bring 3 players in plus a sub keeper. Onward and upward!

ericktorresprofileattri.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

picked this guy up for £1.5m from chivas in january in my second season. got great potential as a poacher and is a wonderkid.good cheap alternative and is currently keeping babacar out of the team who cost me £20m in the summer.im in my third season. got defoe to tutor him and van de vaart and he has been one of my key players this season

Barnetboyz's EPL Season Review 2012/13

So another Premier League season comes to a close and the title stays at WHL after the best season the club has had under my management, very proud of the 37 wins and 1 draw (Man Utd Away) and 113 goals scored and only 18 conceded...

West Brom, Wigan & Blackpool have been relegated and will be replaced by Newcastle, Fulham & Huddersfield :D

EPL Awards

English Footballer Of The Year

1st - Bale

2nd - Modric

3rd - Hazard (Arsenal)

Player's Player Of The Year

1st - Lennon

2nd - Persie (Arsenal)

3rd - Rooney (Man Utd)

Top Goalscorer

1st - Torres (25 Games / 24 Goals)

2rd - Tevez (32(1) Games / 23 Goals)

3rd - Bale (29 Games / 22 Goals)

Manager Of The Year

1st - Richard Martin

2nd - Owen Coyle (Bolton)

3rd - Quique Flores (Arsenal)

Players Team Of The Year

GK - Gomes

DR - Walker

DC - Dawson

DC - Jones

DL - Baines

ML - Bale

MC - Gerrard (Liverpool)

MC - Modric

MR - Lennon

ST - Torres (Chelsea)

ST - Rooney (Man Utd)

:cool:

End Of Season Squad Stats

SquadStats-1.jpg

Board announces new stadium to be built and will be called Hoddle Stadium and will only be 49,137 :(

Looks like my policy of buying the best of british is going pretty well

England Squad in Feb of 2013 has 13 Tottenham Players in it :eek:

How is Chamberlain and Rodwell working out for you Ventress? Considering a bid for both, but probably just Chamberlain at the moment.

So far i have signed Scotty Parker for £8m- Normally i wouldn't bother, but West Ham offered him to me after they got relegated, and i could use his aggression and general influence. He's a handy passer and dribbler of the ball too, versatile and i basically wanted his experience. Adds more determination to the squad. Also signed Barrios for £16.5m, and Lukaku for £17.5m. Of course, i have overpaid on all 3 players, but i wanted to sort my squad out a.s.a.p after the season ended, and could not be arsed haggling with prices. I also like paying what i consider realistic prices(although 8mill for parker is a bargain considering Harry would gladly splurge 15m if Levy let him :D ).

Not being in the Champions League really does hinder who you can or cannot buy to be honest. Olic nor Benzema will even open talks with me, but that's life. Atleast i won't have to wreck the old wage bill :)

Happy with my striker options now, Barrios will be my quick poacher type, Lukaku hopefully the next Drogba, while crouchy can do some damage here and there and Defoe will have to put up with the bench after his dismal performances last yr. Probably be off in January the sulky little man :D

Oh, and Pav off to Inter in a £10m deal. If i can only get rid of Jenas i'll be happy.

How is Chamberlain and Rodwell working out for you Ventress? Considering a bid for both, but probably just Chamberlain at the moment.

So far i have signed Scotty Parker for £8m- Normally i wouldn't bother, but West Ham offered him to me after they got relegated, and i could use his aggression and general influence. He's a handy passer and dribbler of the ball too, versatile and i basically wanted his experience. Adds more determination to the squad. Also signed Barrios for £16.5m, and Lukaku for £17.5m. Of course, i have overpaid on all 3 players, but i wanted to sort my squad out a.s.a.p after the season ended, and could not be arsed haggling with prices. I also like paying what i consider realistic prices(although 8mill for parker is a bargain considering Harry would gladly splurge 15m if Levy let him :D ).

Not being in the Champions League really does hinder who you can or cannot buy to be honest. Olic nor Benzema will even open talks with me, but that's life. Atleast i won't have to wreck the old wage bill :)

Happy with my striker options now, Barrios will be my quick poacher type, Lukaku hopefully the next Drogba, while crouchy can do some damage here and there and Defoe will have to put up with the bench after his dismal performances last yr. Probably be off in January the sulky little man :D

Oh, and Pav off to Inter in a £10m deal. If i can only get rid of Jenas i'll be happy.

Chamberlain hasnt really had a chance yet, have had him in the under 18s for a season and now he is in reserves and getting the odd run out, Will know better next season when he moves into the 1st team squad properly in place of Bentley

Rodwell has been superb, was a bit unsure about getting him, but i needent have been he has been brilliant

I might nab Chamberlain, planning to use the kids plus fringe players in the Europa League this season.

This is my squad, any suggestions on how to improve appreciated;

Gk- Gomes/Amelia

DR- Walker/Corluka

DC- Dawson/Gallas/Bassong/Kaboul/King(still alive just about)

DL- Ekotto/Naughton(gonna give him a chance to see if he can hack it)

MC- Sandro/Parker/Huddlestone/Palacios/Modric

AMLRC- VdV/Kranjcar/Pienaar/Bostock/Lennon/Bale

CF- Barrios/Crouch/Lukaku/Defoe

Think i have a nice blend and balance here- Experience and youth, Physical and creative, with a twist of pace here and there. I had thought about getting Phil Jones in, but i am reticent to sell anyone else- meaning, i can't be arsed to pimp a Centre back around to clubs. Spent the whole summer trying to shift players, no more. Also, as lovely as P. Jones is, i think he is better served getting another 5 to 9 months of proper, unadulterated 1st team playing action at Blackburn. I think he will easily be mine for £15m come January or before the 2012 Euro's(i am defo taking over the national team after that). Also considering bids for Eriksen, as i can't stand to see Ajax waste his talents. Then again, he'd only get in Bostocks way/

I also need help with my squad i reckon... where can i improve in this line up

GK : Gomes / Regen

DR : Walker / _______ (Getting rid of Corluka as he wanted stupid wages)

DL : Robinson / Baines

DC : Jones / Caulker

DC : Dawson / Regen

DM : Sandro / Crisetig

MC : Modric / Adam

AML : Bale / M'Poku

AMR : Lennon / Chamberlain

AMC : Honda / Lamela

ST : Babacar / Hooper/ Araujo

have youth in reserves that i feel i could make the step up

For those of you who have Lukaku or Babacar, what role(s) do you give them? I play a lone striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation, and am struggling to get much out of Lukaku. I plan on chasing Babacar during the summer, and would like to rotate the two of them.

i play Babacar as a poacher and he performs ok but i feel i need a top class striker so i'm going for Muller from Bayern \o/

EDIT : Turns out Muller and his agent are greedy ***** meaning i won't be getting them /o\

start of the 4season and i have just spent my entire £60m pound budget on hugo lloris. it was a choice between him and neuer, who would have cost about £35m. i also got pjancic on a free

I also need help with my squad i reckon... where can i improve in this line up

GK : Gomes / Regen

DR : Walker / _______ (Getting rid of Corluka as he wanted stupid wages)

DL : Robinson / Baines

DC : Jones / Caulker

DC : Dawson / Regen

DM : Sandro / Crisetig

MC : Modric / Adam

AML : Bale / M'Poku

AMR : Lennon / Chamberlain

AMC : Honda / Lamela

ST : Babacar / Hooper/ Araujo

have youth in reserves that i feel i could make the step up

For RB Santon, Vrsaljko, van der Wiel, Gassama, Corchia and Stefan Bell(more defensive) can all do a good job.

The rest seem to be good.

Well have just finished Season 3,

And what a strange feeling at the end,

The season itself was amazing, won all 7 Trophys we entered and played some truely sublime football at times

Is even more pleasing that the majority of the squad are now English and they truely excelled

The strange bit was the total deflation at not achieving the Holy Grail of an un-beaten season, something i have never yet managed in any FM Game yet

We were so close, only lost 1 game in any competition all season, and even more annoyingly it was our 35th League Game of the Season against Newcastle that saw the possibility evaporate

To say i was gutted was an understatement, even so, it was still the most succesful season i have ever had,

Was also a pleasure to watch Defoe, Crouch and Carroll truely destroy all before them, their goal return was simply astonishing

paulventressoverview.png

englishpremierdivisionio.png

tottenhamhotspurtottenhc.png

For RB Santon, Vrsaljko, van der Wiel, Gassama, Corchia and Stefan Bell(more defensive) can all do a good job.

The rest seem to be good.

i sold Santon for £10M :cool:

would only need a back up as Walker is one of the best right backs in the world on my save

The strange bit was the total deflation at not achieving the Holy Grail of an un-beaten season, something i have never yet managed in any FM Game yet

We were so close, only lost 1 game in any competition all season, and even more annoyingly it was our 35th League Game of the Season against Newcastle that saw the possibility evaporate

To say i was gutted was an understatement, even so, it was still the most succesful season i have ever had

Heh. Undefeated seasons aren't so bad, but I'm still hoping for that season where I win every game. ;)

Nani has agreed to join Barcelona for 42m. Good to get that sort of money, esp. with the new stadium coming but sad to see such a class player leave even if he has had some trouble with injuries. Back to Lennon I guess.

Well have just finished Season 3,

And what a strange feeling at the end,

The season itself was amazing, won all 7 Trophys we entered and played some truely sublime football at times

Is even more pleasing that the majority of the squad are now English and they truely excelled

To say i was gutted was an understatement, even so, it was still the most succesful season i have ever had,

Was also a pleasure to watch Defoe, Crouch and Carroll truely destroy all before them, their goal return was simply astonishing

paulventressoverview.png

englishpremierdivisionio.png

tottenhamhotspurtottenhc.png

How did you get that screen above, with Players - Team Selection? I have never seen one with the CA and PA and stars like that before? How do I look at my squad like that?

And how do you get all the menus on the left of the screen? That is new to me.

How did you get that screen above, with Players - Team Selection? I have never seen one with the CA and PA and stars like that before? How do I look at my squad like that?

And how do you get all the menus on the left of the screen? That is new to me.

The Team Selection screen is one of the views i created myself,

You can add whichever columns you want to see by right clicking and adding a column, makes it much easier for picking a match day squad with all the info you need on one page, I have another screen set up for training and tutoring also

The left hand menu is part of the skin i am using (Steklo)

Probably against my better judgement i will go into season 2 with BAE at left back. I think i will line up as such;

------------------Gomes--------------

Walker--Dawson---Gallas/Bassong--BAE

------------------Sandro--------------

-----------Parker------Modric-------

VdV-------------------------------Bale

-----------------Barrios----------------

Barrios will obviously be rotated with Crouchy/JD/Romelu, Huddlestone with Sandro/Parker, but otherwise think i have a nice little blend here. Silkiness and tenacity sit side by side, pace and a steady calm, and hopefully Barrios will not be the new Rebrov/Pavlyuchenko, but rather the new Klinsmann! Bit concerned at how exposed the right flank will be, seeing as Rafa is not defensively inclined whatsoever, but i hope to find a way of getting Scotty Parker to cover the flank when needed.

While i am gutted not to be in the Champs league this season, i am quite excited by the prospect of juggling europa and the epl. couldn't give too much of a toss about Europa, so will be playing this team for the most part;

---------------------Amelia------------------------------

Walker--Kaboul----------Bass/Caulker---Naughton

M'Poku---------Palacios---Bostock---------Kranjcar/Pienaar

---------------Defoe------Lukaku---------------

And if i progress i will utilise more of the squad..

I'm still kind of around. Spurs save on hold. Not much FM time. Hence not much forum time. Have just started a Meelan save but won't be posting in that thread, just not enough time. Thanks for caring though.

Nowhere near enough time to keep up with this thread, but looks like lots of winners still, which pleases me immensely. COYS.