FM11 - Tottenham Hotspur - Rise of the Triffics (take 3)

Jedi Spur

I branched off my Spurs save as I'd noticed Plymouth Argyle had been relegated to League Two, my best shot at getting the Steam achievement for getting a team from L2 to the Prem as I can only stick with Spurs and Argyle saves.

They gave my job to... Tony bloody Mobray who seems to be doing a good job of dismantling my squad. Verratti, Jorgensen, Mussacio and Sakho sold and Sanogo and Schelotto loaned out. He hasn't bothered to replace them with any quality players, either. Uncool. Oh well, I'll be starting again after the data update/patch, looking forward to seeing if Bale and vdV will be any better :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can get 1st in that group, without too much difficulty, aslong as you take maximum points from Werder and litex. Milan aren't hard to shut out.

As for Chelsea, i presume it's away? again. if you set out a 4-5-1 or similar, fluid/counter then you can snatch a draw or win. If you are more adventerous you can score goals against them(use pace), but will likely concede. I beat them quite often. It's the smaller teams that i fall prey too when i do lose

I think I too brought in too many players lol and I have more defenders and midfielders than I wouid like. Having said that, I must say Bale is awesome. He's got 18 goals in all comps and I'm just into February. he's scored 7 goals in 2 games. I have him set as my header off set pieces and while he misses a lot, he also scores a boatload too. Babacar is finally starting to show some signs while VDV, Pastore, and Modric are playing very well.

I'm tending to stick with rotating out Phil Jones, King, Dawson, and Kaboul as my defenders because I'm planning to let Gallas and Woody leave on frees at the end of the season. BAE has been solid at LB and Corluka and Hutton have been fine. No need to invest there as I brought in Jackson Ramm and Jack Robinson to develop. Plus, I still have Naughton and Walker on loan for added depth at RB

I sold Pav and Jenas for peanuts during the window because I can't fit them in. Crouch has been sued sparingly but he's performed well to keep him. defoe has 21 goals in 20 games.

I might restart my save though.

You sued Crouch?! :D

Why might you restart by the way? Having too many players is a problem, i tend to stick with smaller squads, and if i get stretched due to injury(which i was in jan/feb), then i just have to deal with it. i'd rather that then have Suarez kicking his heels. Although i was so tempted to get him, especially at £12million, but he could'nt play in europe anyway.

Oh well, I'll be starting again after the data update/patch, looking forward to seeing if Bale and vdV will be any better :)

in my opinion they dont really need improving. One can get vdv paying as he does in real even with an average ca, and bale becomes beastly within 1-2 seasons. his pace is up to 17 now. And to be honest i am not sure he has justified a 180+ pa yet. At most i'd say a slight increase in ca, finishing, technique and stamina

I was only going to restart because I had too many players and wanted to keep it smaller. BTW - Bentley and GDS are really good squad players. Bentley plays well for me while GDS' pace has put teams like Chelsea and United in trouble

Pre-season update - Summer 2011

Transfers

Sakho was brought in to replace Dawson who wanted a new challenge so was sold onto Lyon. Juan Angel Albin's transfer was arranged back in March and he will rotate with Rafa in the AMC spot behind my lone striker. Inzaghi was brought in as a tutor, I originally wanted van Nistelrooy but he wanted £66k p/w so I went for Pippo. Wickham, Casemiro and Matthews were brought in for the future and the two British players were loaned but Casemiro thinks he is 'too good to be loaned out.' Kompany was took in on loan for the season to cover my injury prone centre backs who are also fond of picking up cards and for under £100k it was a great deal. Finally David Morgan was brought in as I went to school with him and know him well.

Pre-season friendlies

Tottenham 3-1 AC Milan

A good win against a near full strength Milan team, Bale terrorising the other side from Milan hitting another hat trick.

Tottenham 2-0 HSV

Another good win although it was a close game as we failed to dominate posession the way we usually do.

Tottenham 1-1 Santos

Disappointed we couldn't turn our dominance into goals, and with the late equaliser.

Nottingham Forest 2-4 Tottenham

Our last game before the Community Shield game with Chelsea in an unconvincing win over lesser opposition.

First XI

Second XI

Am being offered Jerome Boateng for 4.5m at the end of season 2. Is he worth the cost? King and Gallas will probably be gone at the end of the season, leaving me with Kaboul, Dawson, and Bassong as my 3 central defenders. Thoughts?

I would do that. Dawson isn't really good enough to start, and (at least for me) Kaboul was even more inconsistent than Lennon, which is saying something. I got Yobo for super cheap, and he's been fantastic, even at 32. Boateng would probably do a similar thing. Bassong long ago became my best CB, so I just stuck with him, and just had to take that chance at Yobo, who is still quite good. I don't know why Everton transfer listed him. :confused: Boateng is young enough to take Dawson's place in the squad, if he isn't part of your future plans. I'm not sure how he compares to Kaboul. For a top tier team, 4.5m isn't all that much, either.

It really depends on what you feel you have, and what's working. I still think the most important thing I've found in this game is that all too common "Don't fix what isn't broken". :thup:

I should also add that I just sold Kaboul, leaving me with Bassong, Yobo, King, Gallas, and a regen from Argentina. I've conceded seven or eight goals in the league this season, it's around the beginning of January. It's working!

Am being offered Jerome Boateng for 4.5m at the end of season 2. Is he worth the cost? King and Gallas will probably be gone at the end of the season, leaving me with Kaboul, Dawson, and Bassong as my 3 central defenders. Thoughts?

Is Boetang not a right back? But for 4.5mill he is worth it, yes. I think you'll need another CB for sure. I got Sahko for the long term off psg, but in my second season Dawson and Gallas were the rocks in my defense so although they have no pace i think i will stick with them, and use Sahko as long term to Gallas, who will survive another 20-25 games.

Also take a look at Subotic at Dortmund, or Ryan Shawcross.

OYPUS-I agree that Dawson is not quite top class material in this game, but he was a constant 7.50 for me last season. Just solid as a rock. Kaboul became my first choice RB. However, i do prefer attacking full backs, but with Bale and Lennon(when he feels like it!) running riot down the wings, it's only prudent to have more defensive full backs :) I do get caught out a bit in defense though, due to lack of pace, so i usually have to set Dawson/Gallas quite deep.

But Spurs do need better fullbacks, both in the game and life, although you can get away with what you've got in game.

Is Boetang not a right back? But for 4.5mill he is worth it, yes. I think you'll need another CB for sure. I got Sahko for the long term off psg, but in my second season Dawson and Gallas were the rocks in my defense so although they have no pace i think i will stick with them, and use Sahko as long term to Gallas, who will survive another 20-25 games.

He's natural at DC, and accomplished at DL and DR.

Well i'm now half way through the second season, i've found that some of the wage demands from the original players are too extreme for my liking, Huddlestone was demanding a 60k wage rise to around 80k so i've had to sell him for 5.25 mil to Birmingham, also Gomes started giving me some problems but i've managed to handle his wage demands, he's now on 70k with 10k appearance and 15k clean sheet, he'd wanted 35k clean sheet, that was never going to happen. I've also had to adapt to a 4 - 4 - 2 attackin formation, VDV injured again, found Dos Santos to be a fairly useful attakc/poaching striker, though i mainly use him as an AML/AMR. The only signings this season have been a few regens (Dutch and Brazilian) and Otamendi (spelling?) from Porto for 11.5 mil, i was offered Alexi Sanchez for 15.5 but he joined AC Milan instead. I'm bringing in Asenjo (GK, Spanish) on a free at the end of the season to cover for Gomes and expect to lose Gallas, Bentley and maybe Hutton on free's. Bentley wants too much in wages though he is doing alright for me at the moment (he's rated the 3rd best MR after Lennon & Dos Santos), Gallas is going because of too many DC's available now (i've got 6 first team starters in this position), Hutton is the only one i'm undecided upon, i've got Walker (constantly demanding to be transferred due to lack of football then changing his mind) but he could be a replacement at lower wages.

I think this season will see the departure of Kranjcar, Sandro (demanded he be placed on the transfer list again, wages i think this time), and maybe even Bale and Modric (both wanting new challenges, bigger clubs etc.). I'm undecided what to do with the squad formation-wise, think i'll plod out the season using a 4 - 4- 2 attacking and see who wants to leave and how much i've got available (funds that is ;)) come the off season. I think that for the future i'll keep two strikers on the pitch, won the Euro Super Cup and the World Club thing with this approach and feel more comfortable with the more conventional tactics, though it means playing VDV as a MC playmaker instead of as a AMC but seeing as he keeps getting injured it'll make little difference.

P.S. has anyone else found the Man City effect? They buy the players don't use them, offer them cheap to you but the player expects you to match the ridiculous wages they had been on at Man City :( bloody annoying.

OYPUS-I agree that Dawson is not quite top class material in this game, but he was a constant 7.50 for me last season. Just solid as a rock. Kaboul became my first choice RB. However, i do prefer attacking full backs, but with Bale and Lennon(when he feels like it!) running riot down the wings, it's only prudent to have more defensive full backs :) I do get caught out a bit in defense though, due to lack of pace, so i usually have to set Dawson/Gallas quite deep.

But Spurs do need better fullbacks, both in the game and life, although you can get away with what you've got in game.

Yea. Most of my goals are conceded from a counter attack, or down the wings. Coentrao was a good upgrade, but Corluka seems too good to effectively replace. Any new player just wouldn't be that much better than him, and would likely cost a lot. I suppose the attack-first strategy I've developed isn't helping with that. :D

@above: Yes! Man City signs entirely too many players. They did win one title though, but I'm almost certain they are still spending almost 100m each year.

I declined their offer of a Silva for £5mill. They never get rid of players due to their wages. Bellamy still rotting in the reserves lol.

Otemandi is quality, good purchase. I find with wages that they just dont budge on signing fees, so i end up forking out 5-10mill on fees alone, but have got the contracts at an acceptable level-

Bale, Vdv, Mods all top earners on 70k + 10k app fees etc, and it just goes down from there. Gomes i managed to get down to 50k p/wk despite his original demand of 90k! Enough to cripple the club i tell ya.

Wouldn't mind if Man City was signing the players and winning anything but their not, and with their purchasing their ruining my chances of getting good players :( Another thing i've noticed is Arsenal, Man U etc. keep buying youngsters, in the old FM's they'd buy present stars now it seems their after players for the future, which is what i normally go for. As for Dawson he's playing more as a backup for me in the second season, but he played well in the first and is continuing to do so when the opportunity arises in the second; his main problem is that i've got Jones (Blackburn) and a regen from Holland who's already classed as a wonderkid :) along with Gallas, King, and Otamendi. I've still not solved the left back problem and have got Bassong, Bale (on occasion), and Digne playing there, none of these players really inspires me and all the other such as Angel (spelling?) and Coentrao have gone to Man City.

This season i don't want to go over 70k wages for anyone, at least not with me handling the contracts. Managed to get Otamendi for 50k and negligible bonuses :)

For left back try Criscito. I was embroiled in a massive transfer saga for him, but they wouldn't let him go for under £20mill(no full back is worth that).

And yes, city are &8%^$!?'s. The just stole M'Vila away from me, offering him silly money to join after they sold De Jong to Inter. City have done some excellent business in my save-Benzema/Contreao/Paulo Henrique...

Oh by the way how much did you get Jones for? Blackburn will not budge on £20mill, and i cant afford that right now. I want him as my long term centre back with Sahko

Bought Jones in the first season for 10 mil, felt that was a bit high, if i'd bid at the start of the game (after first scout report) would have been 7.5 mil, 25k with 5k appearance. Otamendi might be a better option he cost me 11.5 at the start of the second season with a 50k wage and 5k appearance. I've had a few looks at Criscito but they want around 18 mil for him, scouts reckon that he'd want 120k a week, way too much for my liking.

Both Sandro and Kranjcar are now listed by choice, i could offer them new contracts probably solve their unhappiness but i fancy replacing them both in the third season. Bentley too is going, can't be bothered with him considering how good Dos Santos is doing. Still losing to Chelsea nearly all the time, at least i'm always beating Arsenal :)

£10mill for p jones is great business, he has pretty much top level potential i think. In the second season he imporved dramatically. I wanted him, but B'Burn wanted £20mill, not sure i can spend that much yet, but will probably make him my main target for next summer. He has just signed a fat contract with them though.

Got a deal for Steven Jovetic, £8mill, lined up. Might get Suarez too but that means Kadlec will be loaned out, not sure he is ready for a title push yet.

Also, i think i am going to give Sandro Ranieri 6months to prove himself and show he can be the main man bossing our midfield. If he cant do it, then M'Vila will be bid for, if he's still at Rennes that is. I really liked the look of Vidal but during the jan window i was being stingy and cheap and he went to Sevilla instead!!

Yeah i had a look at Vidal and M'Vila, didn't really like the latter and Vidal wanted around 80k + a week, though i like him thats way too much. I've found that there seems to be plenty of good regen strikers appearing on the game, always been the case for me in the FM series, for this reason i've been unwilling to pay the 18 mil that Dezeko would cost me coupled with the high wages, i've decided that 100k is going to be my limit for wages and that'll have to be a an outstanding player.

Not got any new players coming in yet, in the second season that is, i'll have Asenjo coming in the end but thats it so far. I think that i may try to overhaul the full backs for the third season, Corluka is about the only player likely to survive the cull, i just can't see any decent replacements for a reasonable price :(

This season Defoe, set as a poacher has scored 18 goals in 23 appearances and Lukaku 18 in 18 so not doing bad for goals, it seems that playing two strikers is better for me so far this season :)

Just noticed as well that i'm on the clubs favourite staff list, second from bottom but on my way up ;)

Jones seems alright but he's not got good tackling at the moment for me, 13, though he's played alright in the 11 appearances this season, average 7.09

If you keep faith in Jones i'm sure he'd become your best centre back, or possibly holding midfielder. On my game his physical and mental stats are top notch.

Anyway, crazy scenes here. One month before the start of the third season. England have just scraped the Euro 2012 and came out winners due to a last minute Walcott winner. Fergie retires and get's replaced by young, brash and ultimatley very talented Spanish lad named Emery. Guardiola quits his job at Barca, having won the league 4 times running, and 2 champions league trophies, to take over as Spain manager(i hoped he could have taken the Man Utd job). And now, Barca have offered the job to me. Must have been that champions league final. I am very tempted, but commited to the Spurs. Have just signed Jovetic from Fiorentina for 7.5mill, which is a bloody bargain as they were quoting 17mill earlier in the summer. According to my scouts he has huge potential, not sure about his mental or physical side to be honest, but at that price worth a gamble. Could also have Suarez, although i think that might give me too many attacking players. Signed Sahko, Sanogo and Areola on frees, Dennis Muller(very promising German defender) for 2.5mill, and Mateo Kovavic, who is the next Luka Modric, for 1.5mill!

Regarding Barca, i think i will save my tottenham game, then accept the Barca gig and have it as my secondary save. Then sign some big names for them he he. Will be fun battling against Jose, who i wish would make his way back to the premier league.

Same here, if Barca offers me a job i'm off, their my favourite team :) just turned down the Sevilla job. On a positive note won the League Cup 6 -2 against Everton, all scored in the second half after being two down in the first. Sahko on my game has too long a contract :( if i'm to sign him he'd cost me 12.5 mil the scouts reckon, too much with all my other DC's being good ... wonder how he'd do as a left back? Are you having any problems with the board, their still being awkward about upgrading facilities and feeder clubs for me, at one point i had them telling me that they'd rather i buy talent than devolpe it through the youth system!

Monthly update - August 2011

Results

Community Shield

Chelsea 0-0 Tottenham

(Tottenham win 4-3 on penalties)

Premiership

Notts Forest 0-2 Tottenham

........................Bale 6

........................Defoe 28

Premiership

Tottenham 2-0 Aston Villa

Defoe 9, 38

UEFA Super Cup

Palermo 1-3 Tottenham

Pastore 25...Vidal 16, pen 28, pen 48

I just had a wonderful end of the month (August, season 1)

Transfers

In - Bought Rodwell, Jones, Smithies

Out - none only loan deals for Smithies, Walker, Livemore.

Competition;

Wigan 0 - 4 Spurs

Birmingham 0 - 2 Spurs

Chelsea 0 - 1 Spurs (I played a defensive 4-2--3-1, It was a very exciting game, Gomes vs. Cech. But luckely Keane scored in the 83rd minute!)(Just wonderful!)

Transfers; next to come

Fazio will join the Spurs in January

does anyone have suggestions how to stop of slowdown AC Milan?

About Man City, they bought a few defenders and put Kompany on the transferlist (I want to try to sign him, I think he will be a good buy, won't he?)

Same here, if Barca offers me a job i'm off, their my favourite team :) just turned down the Sevilla job. On a positive note won the League Cup 6 -2 against Everton, all scored in the second half after being two down in the first. Sahko on my game has too long a contract :( if i'm to sign him he'd cost me 12.5 mil the scouts reckon, too much with all my other DC's being good ... wonder how he'd do as a left back? Are you having any problems with the board, their still being awkward about upgrading facilities and feeder clubs for me, at one point i had them telling me that they'd rather i buy talent than devolpe it through the youth system!

No they are upgrading the stuff i need, you just have to choose the right option.

Sahko can play left back, but he is not that quick so if you like attacking fullback i would suggest not. However he has very good positioning. Full backs are hard to come by in this game.

jones is brilliant, his stats increase rapidly and easily one of the best defenders in the game.

best time to sign him is at the start of the game for around 10m.

we dont need him at the start so i agree a deal for the end of the season, by that time i can offload some of the defenders.

I started a new game with Spurs. So far i have buy 2 players and loan 1. I have buy Pienaar for 5.5 and Radosav Prtrovic for 4 and Capdevilla for 1.9 (all in funts) i have loaned Robbie Keane to Stuttgart for 250.000 funts. Some of the new guys in the staff also, Renshaw, Eastick, Gibson, Chapman, Fallows, Viaud this is mine new guys in the staff. Maybe i buy someone and sell. Any suggestions? oh and i play 4231 tactic.

Depends where you want the suggestions

Staf: most of the original staf is exept for 2 people only 3.5 stars, I replaced them and now I have a 5/4,5/4 star training (season 1)

Transfers: I always try to make the teams as national as possible. Or I'm focusing on the youth.

But the transfers you made a decent

Monthly Update - July

------------ TRANSFERS ------------

In:

16.07.2010 - Steven Pienaar - Everton - £5.5 million

17.07.2010 - Radosav Petrovic - Partizan - £4 million

24.07.2010 - Joan Capdevilla - Villarreal - £1.9million

petrovicradoslaw.png

Out:

20.07.2010 - Robbie Keane - Vfb Sttutgart - loan £250.000

29.07.2010 - David Bentley - Aston Villa - £4.3million

29.07.2010 - Giovani dos Santos - Villarreal - £5.5million

29.07.2010 - Jamie O'Hara - Bolton - £3million

Staff:

07.07.2010 - Andy Renshaw - Youth Coach - free

08.07.2010 - Brian Eastick - Youth Coach - free

08.07.2010 - Alex Gibson - Youth Coach - free

21.07.2010 - Jack Chapman - Scout - free

21.07.2010 - Dave Fallows - Scout - free

21.07.2010 - Laurent Viaud - Scout - Liverpool - £150.000

------------ FRIENDLIES ------------

18.07.2010 -

Dunfermline - 0

Tottenham - 5 (van der Vaart '2 '18, Gallas '21 '37, Pienaar '29)

21.07.2010 -

Queen of the South - 0

Tottenham - 3 (Kranjcar '25, Pavlyuchenko '51, van der Vaart '88)

24.07.2010 -

Patrick Thistle - 0

Tottenham - 3 (Modric '2, Pienaar '29, Weir '88 own goal)

27.07.2010 -

Glasgow Rangers - 0

Tottenham - 3 (Defoe '71, Modric '75, Lennon '79)

31.07.2010 -

Milton Keynes Dons - 0

Tottenham - 6 (van der Vaart '18 '27 '39, Sandro '78, Defoe '82, Huddlestone '90)
van der Vaart '76 injury - 3months out:mad:

vdv keeps getting injured in my save, comes into the team, plays out of his skin and then gets a 4 week injury.

its happened 5 times this season, all 4 week injuries.

but iv kept keano to play in the amc role and he has been great too.

also, iv switched modric to a central midfielf, auto role, and he seems to be playing a lot better for me in a 4411 system.

Monthly Update - August

------------ FRIENDLIES ------------

02.08.2010 -

San Jose Eartquakes - 0

Tottenham - 2 (Pavlyuchenko '31, Modric '32)

------------ Premier League ------------

14.08.2010 -

Liverpool - 0

Tottenham - 2 (Lennon '14, Pienaar '25)

21.08.2010 -

Tottenham - 3 (Lennon '35 '58 '91)

Birmingham - 0

30.08.2010 -

Fulham - 0

Tottenham - 2 (Gallas '77, Crouch '81)

------------ UEFA Champions League Qualification------------

18.08.2010 -

Tottenham - 2 (King '4, Bale '83)
Huddlestone '43 injury 3weeks out

Auxerre - 1 (Le Tallec '79 penalty)

24.08.2010 -

Auxerre - 1 (Jeleń '31)

Tottenham - 1 (King '10)

------------ UEFA Champions League Group D ------------

-Sevilla

-Tottenham

-Panathinaikos

-Salzburg

------------ Carling Cup Third Round Draw ------------

At the first fire goes... Chelsea :mad:

Pienaar is a good buy, very good squad player, i always buy him. You've got to tap him up quite a bit to stop him signing a new contract with everton though, so that you can get him either for £3mill in jan or sign a pre-contract. Imo Spurs need a proper target man-Andy Carroll or Llorente are both affordable and have potential.

Also a left back should be a priority, especially with a 4-2-3-1, but they seem to be quite difficult to buy. Criscito would be very good if you can afford him(i couldn't). That is, unless you are using Bale there.

dawson has 10 goals from me this season from corners and free kicks, and im still in january!

i just left it on the default settings and appears to be working well.

iv got an issue with defoe...i always tell him to stop shooting with power, as it irritates me irl aswell.

the 1st half of the season he is on fire and as soon as he learns to stop shooting with power, he stops scoring.

with him not finishing off the chances, im find games are lot tighter.

i lost my 1st game at home to blackburn because he kept shooting straight at the gk, hasnt scored in 6 games.

Monthly Update - September

------------ Three Top Transfers in Premier League ------------

1. Walter Samuel from Inter to Manchester City - £19million

2. Jeremy Menez from Roma to Manchester City - £18.75million

3. Jose Bosingwa from Chelsea to Manchester City - £16.5million

Nice Arabs nice...:p

Another bad news in my save. Bale out of injury on about 4-5 months! :mad:

11.09.2010 -

Tottenham - 3 (Modric '5 pen. Kranjcar '13 '25)
Modric injury 10days out. Gallas injury 3weeks out
:mad:

Newcastle - 1 (Jonas '42)

18.09.2010 -

WBA - 0

Tottenham - 1 (Sandro '44)

25.09.2010 -

Tottenham - 4 (Bassong '13, King '21, Palacios '24, Kranjcar '94)

Blackburn - 1 (Gamst Pedersen '85)

14.09.2010 -

Tottenham - 0

Panathinaikos - 0

29.09.2010 -

Sevilla - 0
Alexis '33 RED CARD

Tottenham - 2 (Pienaar '76, Kranjcar '85 penalty)

------------ Carling Cup Third Round ------------

21.09.2010 -

Tottenham - 1 (Crouch '22)

Chelsea - 0

Round 4 draw:

In next round again we be play with team from top Premiership clubs this time is... Everton

New staff:

Kevin Hunt - Scout - Manchester City - £12.000

Tony McAdrew - Youth Coach - Aston Villa - £120.000

Paul Power - Youth Coach - Manchester City - £80.000

John Seasman - Scout - Blackburn - £70.000

Mike Rigg - Scout - Manchester City - £210.000

Martyn Glover - Scout - Blackburn - £140.000

Well approaching that time again, 3rd season starting soon :)

So far tranfers out = Sandro (10 mil to PSV), Hutton (2 mil to Man City, contract was expiring anyway), Bentley free transfer same for Gallas, Pav and Crouch to Newcastle for 1.8 and 1.9 respectively. Krancjar probably going too seeing as his contracts up at the end of the season and he's tranfer listed himself :( Dos Santos'll have to go, contract again, he wants 80k a week! Just can't bring myself to pay that, though he does play well for me. Defoe, King, Walker, and Bassong all have contracts expiring soon but i think i'm going to wait and see how they perform on the pitch before i renew contracts.

As for new signings i've not bought anyone in yet, am considering Pastore but he'll cost 35.5 mil (or so the scouts reckon) with wages around 140k, seeing as i've still got VDV i'm unsure if i need him. Other players i'm considering buying are Defour, Henrique and Neymar (both Santos) as i'm light in the midfield. Still not found a decent left back so it'll be Bassong, Bale, and Digne rotating there for the season, though there are some decet newgens drifting around ;)

If anyones looking for decent staff then theres Lucassen (Hoffenheim) 4.5 out of 5 for ball control; Winsper (free transfer at the start of the game) best fitness coach around, 5 out of 5; and McGuinness 4.5 out of 5 for ball control (Man Utd).

Note. Krancjar going to leave for 9.25 mil, i've got lots of bids coming in for him :)

Monthly Update - October

02.10.2010 -

Tottenham - 4 (Kranjcar '26 '41, Bassong '84, Defoe '93)

Blackpool - 1 (Campbell '46)

16.10.2010 -

Stoke - 1 (Shawcross '77)

Tottenham - 4 (Bassong '10, Pienaar '27 '84, Kranjcar '43)

23.10.2010 -

Manchester United - 0

Tottenham - 0

30.10.2010 -

Tottenham - 1 (Palacios '39)

Arsenal - 1 (Fabregas '59)

20.10.2010 -

Salzburg - 0

Tottenham - 3 (Modric '19 pen. King '56, Crouch '82)

------------ Carling Cup Four Round ------------

26.10.2010 -

Everton - 0

Tottenham - 1(Woodgate '123)

Draw:

This time no Premiership team this time is... Bristol City

Monthly Update - November

06.11.2010 -

Everton - 1 (Yakubu '70)

Tottenham - 2 (Lennon '48, Kranjcar '77)

09.11.2010 -

Tottenham - 5 (Defoe '3, van der Vaart '23 '60 pen. '92 pen, Gallas '30)

Aston Villa - 2 (Carew '79, Downing '89)

14.11.2010 -

Chelsea - 1 (Alex '88)

Tottenham - (Kranjcar '35, Defoe '60)

20.11.2010 -

Tottenham - 2 (Modric '2 '18)

Sunderland - 0

27.11.2010 -

Wolves - 0

Tottenham - 1 (Pienaar '42)

02.11.2010 -

Tottenham - 2 (van der Vaart '17, Kaboul '79)

Salzburg - 1 (Alan '66)
Boghossian '41 RED CARD

24.11.2010 -

Panathinaikos - 0

Tottenham - 0

Well that was odd ... first game in the champions league (3rd season) against Valencia away, VDV got sent off straight red after 30 min, i expected we'd get destroyed after that but no Defoe had scored in the first minute then in the second half we score four more! Bale two from open play and one penalty, and Modric one 5 - 0 final score :D

And then promptly lose 3 - 2 to Chelsea away, goal in the last minute :(

Evening all. Back for a short time only.

So quick twitter style update:

3rd season: Lost in FAC qtr final :( Lost in CC qtr final :( Won league by 10 points :D Won CL 2-0 v Barca in final. We were immense :D

Bale averaged 8.08 for the season. 27 goals and 32 assists in 48 games. Phenom. JD 43 in 42. Ditto.

Evening all. Back for a short time only.

So quick twitter style update:

3rd season: Lost in FAC qtr final :( Lost in CC qtr final :( Won league by 10 points :D Won CL 2-0 v Barca in final. We were immense :D

Bale averaged 8.08 for the season. 27 goals and 32 assists in 48 games. Phenom. JD 43 in 42. Ditto.

Nice,

Defoe has replaced Pav at squad.

you play him as a poacher, right?

JD poacher set as target man/run onto ball = goals.

Oh yeah, Gallas and more importantly King have retired. :(

This is how my team looks heading into season 4

GK: Frey/Viviano (just got on a free)/Boucher

DR: Walker/Flores (ARG regen)/Kaboul

DC: Rami/Dawson/Kaboul

DC: Bocchetti/Bassong

DL: Criscito/BAE

MC: Poli/Defour/Casemiro

MC: Modric (Captain)/Rivas (ARG regen)/THudd

AMR: Sanchez/Lennon

AMC: VdV (on the wane though :( )/Kranjcar

AML: Bale/Kadlec

ST: JD/Pazzini/Carroll

Slightly bloated squad but I got a World Club Cup to add to all the other comps this year. And I can't bear to sell THudd or Kaboul.

Archived