MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wingerr:

rashidi,

you are right we gave negative feedbacks much but WHY do you allow Fuss and Spencer-83 insulting new players ?

read Spencer-83s and fuss's comments insulting alimdemir as idiot and as*hole.or is it allowed to say someone as*hole and idiot in this forum? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are a rubbish person...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to say i have had success with this verson, and a bit of tweaking, and that there should be no need for an apology from anyone. Disrespecting a tacticians work purely form ignorance is more of a banning offence than saying the dreaded "a" and "i" words! icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wingerr:

rashidi,

you are right we gave negative feedbacks much but WHY do you allow Fuss and Spencer-83 insulting new players ?

read Spencer-83s and fuss's comments insulting alimdemir as idiot and as*hole.or is it allowed to say someone as*hole and idiot in this forum? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are a rubbish person... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you are the rubbish kid!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No8:

Just to say i have had success with this verson, and a bit of tweaking, and that there should be no need for an apology from anyone. Disrespecting a tacticians work purely form ignorance is more of a banning offence than saying the dreaded "a" and "i" words! icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if someone had said you " as*hole" ,what would you do? dont you ecpect an apologise? if no,you are an ......

I'm no mod but have been around here more than long enough to strongly suggest that you ALL let it rest and don't take this any further.

Put down the handbags and start discussing tactics which is what we all are here for.

spencer and fuss said this and that, blah blah blah. Leave it and let the mods do what they think is appropriate.

Don't you just hate the foreigners in the Premier Leagues who are trying to get another player booked?

Thought so.

thanks for your post, but we didnt leave it because moderators just ignored the bad languages.

someone do a tactic,then think that he is good as alex ferguson, then start insulting learner players.we still wait the apologises,or official warnings.dont forget who used the really bad words.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spencer-83:

hello people,

In this message I would like to apologize for the word that I have use, but I still behind my opinion </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i accept your apologise if you dont use any bad language again.think 1 more when posting something and never insult someone.we are here to share our experiments and ideas so dont ruin our fun again.

GUYS, GUYS, GUYS!

ZIP it ok? Just leave it!

Don't ruin the poor blokes perfectly fuctioning thread.

Let's get back to topic, allright?

Set-pieces are absolutely crucial imo. A decent tactic can become a whopping tactic by paying attention to the defensive and offensive instructions when the ref has awarded something for someone icon_wink.gif

Discuss!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spencer-83:

hello people,

In this message I would like to apologize for the word that I have use, but I still behind my opinion </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you finally understood how you ruined this thread.be carefull next time and think healthy.sometimes mindless posts make threads unreadable like you did.whatever your opinion is,you did right apologising from alimdemir.

i hope fuss would apologise like spencer finally did.whatever, bad words are for who said them.

Okay guys, I still stick by what I said: This is a very good tactic. But, as has been said, it's not a super tactic, and it won't work for everyone. I currently use it with a target man for crosses and long balls, and without the target man. The key, in my opinion, is to use it as a base tactic.

A couple of good threads to read would be the ranking and re-ranking thread, the tactical basis thread (I forget the actual name, but I think it may have been done by rashidi?) and Cleon's post on reading after match stats. Use all of these, and you can tweak the tactic very well, to suit, in my opinion, nearly every team and nearly every situation. Don't forget the pre-match tweaks either.

No tactic will work every time. No tactic will work for everyone, or every team. But this is a very good base tactic, and very easy to understand and use, if you put a little time into reading the above mentioned posts, the game information, and actually give it a chance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chealseaside:

hello people,

you finally understood how you ruined this thread.be carefull next time and think healthy.sometimes mindless posts make threads unreadable like you did.whatever your opinion is,you did right apologising from alimdemir.

i hope fuss would apologise like spencer finally did.whatever, bad words are for who said them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No one is apoligising the case is dropped now let it be. Final chance for all. Ohh and next time, use the report function so we can see the bad language etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Okay guys, I still stick by what I said: This is a very good tactic. But, as has been said, it's not a super tactic, and it won't work for everyone. I currently use it with a target man for crosses and long balls, and without the target man. The key, in my opinion, is to use it as a base tactic.

A couple of good threads to read would be the ranking and re-ranking thread, the tactical basis thread (I forget the actual name, but I think it may have been done by rashidi?) and Cleon's post on reading after match stats. Use all of these, and you can tweak the tactic very well, to suit, in my opinion, nearly every team and nearly every situation. Don't forget the pre-match tweaks either.

No tactic will work every time. No tactic will work for everyone, or every team. But this is a very good base tactic, and very easy to understand and use, if you put a little time into reading the above mentioned posts, the game information, and actually give it a chance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, its all about adapting it to suit your own team and not use a tactic what is created for a different team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Corned beef & cabbage:

Let's get back to topic, allright?

Set-pieces are absolutely crucial imo. A decent tactic can become a whopping tactic by paying attention to the defensive and offensive instructions when the ref has awarded something for someone icon_wink.gif

Discuss! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are you using the set pieces in v3 or do you use your own?

I've left the set pieces as they are. I don't really concede very many from set pieces, although this may also be due to my defensive line being good in the air.

Offensively, I tend to score a fair few from corners and from long passed free kicks from nearer the halfway line, but it's rare I score from those closer free kicks. I may look into tweaking that tonight, but I've spent much of the day slowly tweaking the tactic and re-tweaking etc, to get it to work well. Currently undefeated in 9, winning 8 and only conceding 4, which is good since my team was only promoted to the top flight one season ago.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Teflon Don:

I currently use it with a target man for crosses and long balls, and without the target man. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope this does not mean that you use this tactic wit no target man set? It has been proven that the key to scoring with this tactic is a good target man and AMR/L's with good crosssing.

Ignore me if I have miss understood you.

In re-reading that, I realise I may not have been as clear as I thought I was :p

What I mean is that I use it in the way it is meant to be, with the target man, and do very well, but since my target man isn't amazing (i'm not a top club), I also use it without, as one of my prematch tweaks.

This is due to my only having the one decent target man in my entire squad. So when I rest him, I use one of my clinical/pacy strikers in his place, and either change passing to mixed instead of flanks, and mixed to target man instead of head, or just put it to mixed and scrap using the target man. It still works fine. I've even scored 6 in one game twice this season, which I've just finished in 8th place.

As I said though, I have tweaked this tactic slightly, and play it just a little bit shorter on the passing all around. Also, my pacy strikers can head the ball when need be, which is a huge advantage for me.

Guest lucastan

Just a Q for those who have utilised this tactic.

Does using the target man make your team play in 'one manner' only? Cos i'm a strong advocate of good passing football like how the Arsenal, Liverpools and ManUtds play. Not really a fan of the long ball to target man, knockdown play, etc of the Boltons.

Personally when utilising this tactic i unmark the Target Man. So just wondering how using the Target Man works.

Yeah, it is quite monotonous. Either crosses come in from (near) the byline and your target man tries to head at goal, or passes/crosses from deep go to your targetman who nods it on behind the defence and your quick striker chases it (and because he is quick beats the defence to the ball) and creates a one on one chance.

Of course there are exceptions like the nodding on is chased by a winger instead or a winger or the non-targetman striker gets to crosses. However, the great majority of goals will come from your two strikers.

Dull, not sexy but very effective.

For sexy football try:

RY Wolverine

If you can get it saved so that the players positions are the same, you can switch between Woverine and Fuss during a match.

Rememer both of these tactics clearly state that they need tweeking.

Lucanstan<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Personally when utilising this tactic i unmark the Target Man </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This tactic realy is not designed to work without a target man. Fuss and others have repeatedly stated this and I have experienced how dire it becomes for scoring if you forget to put a target man in the target man list.

Honwstly i leave for a couple of days and theres a page of arguments, please take it outta my thread lads.

FOR THOSE NOT DOING TO WELL:

3 different people added me to MSN saying that they wern't having much luck...they ALL had the same problem:

-MAKE SURE YOU DRAG YOUR TARGET MEN INTO THE TARGET-MAN BOX IN TACTICAL SETTINGS SCREEN!!!

Seriously, u have to set-up the target men, jus as u do with captains and playmakers...a player wont be a target man just because you put him in the correct position.

----------------

I'm currently working on a brand new tacic in a different formation as i got bored, I'll keep you posted.

Guest lucastan

The Lambs, Fuss..

Contrary to what you have said and stressed about this tactic needing a target man, i beg to differ. I'm using ManU and i havent changed much of my squad aside from getting Lucho Gonzalez in. I am getting very very good results, unbeaten in all competitions so far (i'm up to Feb).

I admitted i did some tweaking to my midfield cos of one match with Arsenal which i was lucky to draw 2-2. My midfield was totally overran in that game, which led to my earlier post.

I do find scoring no problem at all. Perhaps not the 5 or 6 nil scorelines that most FM managers are used to, but more real-life scoring like 2-3 a match.

Other than the point about the midfield being overran by strong sides. I think there are very good points about this tactic. Defensively i'm pretty sound, and i tend to control possession in the middle of the park, which is pleasing to me. Otherwise its nicely set up for counter-attacking as well.

Cheerios.

P.S Drogba is a cheat player. He outjumps and outheads everyone. That is so disgusting. Ha

Hi Folks,

I tried this tatic with my Ipswich team ( 3rd season, currently 16th in the Prem mid-way through the season ).

I adopted this tatic for my third season and at first I wsa getting some decent results, my team have no problem in scoring goals ( Danny Haynes netting all the time ) but I conceade so many hence my current position. Any ideas how to resolve this ??

Wow a fellow ITFC user ^^

Anyway using the Fuss 07 v2 tactic ive been having quite a lot of success with it. 3rd season and just finsihed 3rd in Prem. Basically I use Alan Lee as my Target man (the left sided striker) and I have Haynes as my pacey striker. But more importantly I think I have Nakamura on my left wing and he takes all my set peices and averages around 14 assists a season. I have a young lad called Pedro Leon on my right side who does quite well too.

I dont score so many goals, very rarely score more than 3-4 goals in a single game but always change the tactics at half time from aiming for "the head" of the target" man to "run on to ball" and I also swap Lee and Haynes over so that Haynes is the Target man in the second half and because he is very pacey it seems to work quite well.

Been using this Tactic after taking over S****horpe from Brian Laws after his Exit to Sheff Wed and finished 2nd in League 2 and was 15th in Championship on December 8th when West Ham approached me, I went and took them from 15th to 9th in the Premiership and im currently 3rd in the following season after 19 Games. Awesome tactic and works wonders!

Just started playing my 4th season with Ipswich and really not having any success with it at all icon_confused.gif

3 losses on the bounce I think i'll revert to V2 tactic. I think its my lack of tweaking knowledge which is behind my demise but I would also like to ask which player(s) do you use or that you think are the best for the strikers for the V3 tactic?

My Strike force is Pizzaro(target man) and Haynes. I only got Pizzaro becuase he was cheap and has good heading and jumping stats but throughout the team ive only scored 1 goal so far and that was a Nakamura freekick.

I would really be interested who you guys play and in which posistions if possible? Thx.

hi fuss v3 was nice after i did some little changes here and there.

DC-More Defensive mentality for both

DC-one close down while the other sit back

MC-more creativity freedom for DMC (Alonso with 20 creativity, dont waste his talent)

Long Shot-Rarely for the whole team except my 2 center mid, wiith at least 18 LShot.

ST-Made some changes but forget whats the different bewteen your's and mine. took quite sometime to finalise my setting after try and error.

The goals came alot from the 2 strikers.

Wingers are very importance as assit came alot from those area.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johntonic:

Fuss, PRETTY PLEASE can you post a screen shot of your v1? us MAC users can't read the downloads. I would love to SEE what it looks like. Anybody, thx... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why cant you view the tactic? FM is universal, so the training and .tac files work on both platforms fine.

I had been using this tactic with some success with Aberdeen getting midtable and doing well in europe.

In a game away to Hertha Berlin i had 6 players missing and lost 3-0 so in the home leg i tweaked the tactic to be v.attacking and won 3-0 at FT and 5-0 AET i then went on a run of 6 wins on the bounce and beating teams in uefa cup ie Benfica, Aston Villa

Celtic who dominate the SPL hadnt lost in the 33 games so far, i gave them 2 of the 3 defeats they ended up with and also beat them 2-1 in the Uefa Cup final.

Since changing to a more attacking version i still have not conceded more than 1 goal in a game, but other than Hertha at home i havent scored more than 2 in a game.

Havent changed much really just put mentality to just before all out attack

creative freedom to normal

Passing style to mixed

Tempo to start of quick

And occasionally put a striker on free role.

changed focussed passing and target man supply to mixed also put a forward arrow on the attacking mc.

I've onyl done this for half a season so ill continue into the next and see how i do, i should also point out im in year 2016 my squad is better but i wouldnt say its world class and i only finished 5th in spl.

hi~ Lambs,I'm back,do you have a good weekend day?

There are so much argument in just two days and it really surprise me ^_^

To those argument maker

I think if somebody post and olny to say "your tactic is poor" or "not good" or "waste my time",it's a bad manner,at first.Whatever this tactic work for you,it spent Fuss'time and have his endeavor in it.At least,you(those bad-manner guys) should show your respect to Fuss'work.IMHO,in this forum,you waste us time.Please confirm you have done the needed tweeks let the tactic fit your team,because there is impossible a tactic is omnipotence.

Lambs,

I think the position of DMC is very important,because i find there are two regular goal condition:the first,is corner,and my target man(Alan Smith) stand near the bar,using his head and getting the goal;the other,is DMC,tackling success,and pass the ball behind the oppnents back line,and the free role Striker run fast to get the ball and score the goal.So if you have a good defending Middle center,and his passing technology is also well,it can make a lot benefit to your team.

By the way,do you ever use the player--Mascherano?I used him as DMC in FM06 and he represent excellent.But in Fm07,i feel his aggression and brave is reduced,is he still a fabulous younger genius?

You said you are in UK?That's real?It's Englandã€Irelandã€or Wales?I am so admiring you because you can go to the court to see the best league match of the world.

We have six hours time difference,isn't it?So it's time you just get up form the bedicon_smile.gif Wish you have a good day

å°é£Ž 敬上

windclou - Thanks for the support, you're becoming a regular in this thread, good to have you around.

Mascherano still becomes a very good DMC But i feel he dosn't quite make it like he did in 06.

afc1903 - Its very useful to hear what changes are working for people, especially as I'm planning on making V4 have a home and away version of the tacic, so need some ideas. Cheers.

KiyoharuX - Same as above mate, thanks.

johntonic - .Tac files should work on the mac, i dont have time to go getting screenshots...it looks like a standard 4-4-2 with some arrows.

Gabi80 - Harewood and Ashton are both great....Ashton is awesom on my game, won player of the year! Second season i bought Smith though.

TheGrecians - Nice!

munkehboi - "I dont score so many goals, very rarely score more than 3-4 goals in a single game" = LOL welcome to fm07 mate, this version is alot more realistic than 06, so u wont get 7 goals a game.

Darbs - put ur two DCs on slightly diferent settings, one more defensive and one more clsoing down....works well....if they have good markign try ticking 'tight marking' too

Firstly i want to congratulate Fuss on this tactic, well done matey!

Secondly, and sorry for being Uber-Lazy! I dont seem to have lots of the possession in matches playing this formation, is this normal? I guessed that it was due to the counter attack option being enabled? Sorry if this has been answered before.

Like i say, good work mate.

Cheers

Gaizka14

Firstly i want to congratulate Fuss on this tactic, well done matey!

Secondly, and sorry for being Uber-Lazy! I dont seem to have lots of the possession in matches playing this formation, is this normal? I guessed that it was due to the counter attack option being enabled? Sorry if this has been answered before.

Like i say, good work mate.

Cheers

Gaizka14

Due to the nature of thetactic...flank play and crosses. You dont useually control the posession too much, as naturally alot of crosses arecut out and thus you lose the ball, as in real life.

I normally find I have around 50%.

The amount os possession dosn't really bother me though, as long as enough balls are delivered into the box and the goals go in the net.

Anyone looking for a target man for this tactic then look no further than werder bremen's german striker, Miroslav Klose. you will no doubt kill any team if you can afford him he's not cheap about 23 mil but worth every penny for this tactic

heading 20

finishing 19

aggression 17

off the ball 18

acceleration 18

jumping 20

pace 16

I have been using all versions over 2 seasons now and I've found with V3 if I'm struggling to score, but seem ok at the back, for 10 mins or so I have pushed the mentality up to "attack" or in desperate times "all out attack".

This has been getting me a few winning goals, mostly scored by Rooney who is not the target man.

Guest Ronnie35

Im using V3 of this tactic with hartlepool and after 28 games played , I have 18 wins, 6 draws and 4 loss and I must add that the 4 losses have all happened away and one was to the blades in the league cup. As per instructions I mix the tactics up just a lil bit to suit every game and this is working fine, 2nd in the league and looking good for automatic promotion, still have 13 games left so we will see.

Archived