MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

-Trents = The only guy still to have no luck with this tactic, its a shame cos i've had so much good feedback. But not givin up on you just yet mate.

Hows your team moral and team talks, I've found team talks make an astonishing difference if your struggeling with them then let your assitant manger have a go, see if that helps.

Remember I never promised this would work for all teams, you have to tweak the whole thign round your team and your style of player....and dont forget to read nad use the tips section!!

-Tactical = noted and will experiment, been looking for a good offencive corner set-up, cheers.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd just like to point out this tactic IS NOT based on anybodies tactic thoery. I believe the tactic theories floating around are probably a nice read (i've not read um) but should be taken with a pinch (if not a fist) of salt.

My tactic used the commom sense and real life theory with a mix of trial and error, there's no secret anybody can go out and make themselves a nice shiney nu tactic that works :p and the proof of the pudding is it's working for most people.

So here's a tip, ignore all the theory threads, they're just that, theory.

I've tried both with mixed results. V.2 is more consistent, and yes, my Sunderland team are capable of beating Arsenal 3-0 but also capable of drawing 0-0 with Sheffield Utd. Obviously all tactics need to be altered to fit your players, this is the key to making a tactic work. Well done fuSS, it's certainly a good base on which to build, and I think if I can buy the players to fit the tactic it will work wonders. The target man is absolutely vital. I'm going to post my tactic soon, i've had more success with that (finished 3rd in the Premiership with Sunderland in my second season) but I'm still not happy with it. Will post soon. Keep up the good work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

-Trents = The only guy still to have no luck with this tactic, its a shame cos i've had so much good feedback. But not givin up on you just yet mate.

Hows your team moral and team talks, I've found team talks make an astonishing difference if your struggeling with them then let your assitant manger have a go, see if that helps.

Remember I never promised this would work for all teams, you have to tweak the whole thign round your team and your style of player....and dont forget to read nad use the tips section!!

-Tactical = noted and will experiment, been looking for a good offencive corner set-up, cheers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I said, I don't think the Tactic is at fault, it's just the step up in quality that comes with promotion. It was your tactic that got me promoted in the first place but a good tactic can only go so far in closing the gap in quality of players. Have signed a few bargains pre season so will see how it goes.

Now I'm suddenly on a bad run again icon_frown.gif 3 losses in a row, all against teams I should have beat. No idea what could be the reason...

It's not like it's the tactic's fault though, I mean my players just suddenly play like sh*t. Getting 5-6 ratings etc... Without any apparent reason at all.

Oh well, definitely still gonna stick with this, I'll post summary at the end of the season.

Used this tactic (v2 without target men as i dont have any) against barca with betis and didnt have a single shot! Barca were playing 4-3-1-2 and my players at betis are better than barcas so this should not be the case! I know it was 0-0 but still should have had some shots. Any recommendations as to what i could change to help this? I am in 2018 btw

anyideas.jpg

I actually find that 4-3-1-2 (3 MC's, 1 AMC, strikers with arrows to flanks) is pretty tough against this tactic. Aston Villa dominated me in the first round of the play-offs using that, but thank god I managed to go to the final by penalty shoot-out icon_redface.gif

danjpalmer - <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Used this tactic (v2 without target men as i dont have any </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do u really need me to point out your problem?

Just a quick note about this thread.

It's so good to read a friendly thread that makes people want to contribute. This is my first post in about two years due to some of the more negative threads - especially the so called tactical "gods" who can be quite rude (without meaning to be) to those who don't know as much about the game.

Congratulations to everyone who has posted for a very good read.

Well i'm playing now with arsenal and V2 is working great. I use Baptista as a target man and I brought in also Alan Smith for 16 mio. E to try him out as a target man. In his first game against blackburn in the FA Cup he played a superb game scoring and asisting for a 2:1 victory over rovers. In his second game at home against Man Utd he managed to asist once before he got injured in 57 minute. icon_mad.gif

I think that despite his height he can be a deadly target man due to his determenation and workrate.

The tactic it self is very good and strong but can be frustrating to play against very weak sides because they play that annoying 3-3-2-1-1 tactic. The only way taht i found out that can efficently counter that chicken style of play is to start playing wide and to build up your attacks with patience.

I have been using v1 since the start of the season playing as Man U, and not really scoring, using Saha and Rooney, tried both as target man, I was winning & drawing most games but with narrow margins.

Tonight I tried v2 and changed to Smith as target man - what a turn around.

Won 5-0 vs Fulham 2 for rooney 2 for smith.

Next a EC match (Against a Norwegian team) and at half time its 5 - 0 with 2 each again for Smith & Rooney.

I know both are weaker opposition, but I had been struggling to score against simelar teams before.

So after only 2 games with v2 (and Smith) I am seeing a big improvement

Thanks for this great tactic. KUTGW!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pemell:

I want to now if there is any differens if i choose to pass to the target man at his feets or head? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do notice a difference. I just change it when making my first sub during a match, seems to keep the AI on it's toes till the end.

Oh and the good news is that I've just made the 3rd round of the FA Cup for the first time icon_biggrin.gif, the bad news is that my reward is Colchester away icon_mad.gif

Anyone else having HUGE defensive problems? It seems like every ball from opposite wings is picked up by one of their strikers, mainly on their head.. I use v2 by the way..

Great tactic so far for me Fuss. Got me promoted to the prem with Norwich in my 2nd season. I'll let you know if it keeps me there or not. My target man played absolutely awesome. Halford from Colchester. Played 50 or games, scored about 25, with 15 assists and m.o.m's. I also got him to score a lot of goals from corners. Had him doing a near post flick on with my corner taker aimimg corners at near post. At least 10 goals in the season using this. Halford also has played awesome using this tactic in my Newcastle game. 10 games, 8 goals, ave rating 8.09 !! Long may it continue

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

------------------------------------

••• MiNiMaL_FuSS_07 v2 •••

• It's HERE!, so here's a brief run-down.

• I think afew of you will be disapointed with the lack of change, however it's very hard o decide which changes will benefit the tactic when it's already doing so well.

• Because of this V2 would more acturately be described as 'V1.5'

• Rest assured however I'm testing some big changes at te moment and V3 should stir things up a little.

••• OFFICIAL CHANGES •••

• Mentalities tweaked a little

• Closing down tweaked a little

• Target man settings RE-DONE!!!

• Set Pecies RE-DONE!!! (still not happy though)

• Winger swapping removed as default (feel free to re-enable)

••• NOTES/TIPS •••

As before make some important last minute changes, this works amazingly well in 07.

• You'll notice in V2 Target man is set to aim for 'HEAD' by default, try changing this at half time during a game for some seemingly fantastic results (as long as your target man is capable) - I'm guessing that by half-tike the opposition has worked out that your using a target man and how your using him, and so they will likely counter this (marking him with a taller striker if he's reciving to head for instance). And so by changing the way your target man is reciving the ball you seem to out-fox the enemy.

• Sometimes Alter pacey striker free-role

• Sometimes Alter target man hold-p ball

• Sometimes use Swap position for the wingers

• Sometimes use it for the strikers (also you manually swap tem occasionally)

It's small but important changes like this that will keep the tactic fresher and help beat the enemy.

••• V3? •••

I'm experiemnting alot at the moment and nothing is concrete, but here's some of the things im considering:

• Man marking system

• 4-4-2 Diamond formation change

• Back-Arrows on the Full backs (seems to stop people getting in crosses)

• Standard 4-4-2 but with one more DMC like player and one more AMC like (rather than the same MCs)

• Set-Peices are still driving me nuts

• Creative freedom.

You may share my tactic else-where as long as I'm given appropriate credit.

Thanks, V3 will blow your minds!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Having had some success with V1 of this tactic only for injuries to stall my progress I thought I would give V2 a go tonight.

I had had some problems defensively with V1 but figured that was down to my players more than the formation.

I read further up that fuss was concidering trying barrows on full backs for v3 and as I had noticed that I was conceeding large numbers of goals fromcrosses when the opponents got around my full backs I gave it a go.

Results

Legia H 0-0

Blackburn H 2-0

Fulham A 3-0

Wigan H 1-0 (Wigan are top of prem)

Southampton H 1-0

Everton A 1-4 (I changed the formation and forgot to put the barrows back on by the time I noticed I was loosing 3-1)

Dnipro H 3-0 (I put them back on)

This run of 6 clean sheets in 7 games came after I had failed to keep a clean sheet since the friendlies. The barrows on full backs seemsto have had an immediate effect. I think for me so far this is working, it seems to restrict the crossing chances for your opponents with out stopping you fbs getting forward.

The total number of chances against (Excluding the Everton game) was 33 in total 12 on target in six games. Thats only 2 shots on target per game and 6 in total per game.

In case you were wondering Everton had 11 shots 7 of which were on target.

I had also experimented with a barrow on Mascherano but he didnt seem to be as effective however I have bumped Reo-Cokers mentality up and Mascheranos down a notch or 2 and they seem to play more like a diamond now and offer more options when going forward as well as being solid when defending.

My team for the games was

GK Green

RB Pantsil

LB Konchesky

CB Collins/Gabbidon

CB Ferdinand/Squillaci

MR Walcott/Benayoun

ML Figo

MC Reo-Coker/Noble

MC Mascherano

FC Ashton

FC Owen/Harewood

Subs

Foster

Squillaci

Mears

Noble

Harewood

I only made changes to players for injuries or resting.

Finally I have changed the Target man supply from time to time including putting Owen as a target man and supplying him 'run onto ball'

All in all a very good tactic which is not far from being one of the best I have used with small tweaks.

Dont forget some of the player instructions will need tayloring to your squad.

Well done Fuss!!!

i am playing with arsenal and it seems that this could be a good tactic for the gunners my problem is that i like van persie but cannot play him and henry in the same starting lineup because neither have the target man attributes needed for this tactic to work i just wanted to check if anyone has tried using henry has a traget man how successful it was.

OK I thought I would try this tactic and here are my results. Now I am trying this with a struggling Crawley side in season 2007/08 with average to poor players. Here are my results and some details:

1. A Stevenage - HT score 0-0 FT score 0-0 Draw

2. A Blackpool (FAC) - HT 0-0 FT 0-2 Lost

3. H Halifax - HT 0-1 FT 0-1 Lost

4. A Exeter - HT 0-2 FT 1-2 Lost

5. H Stafford - HT 0-0 FT 0-0 Draw

6. A Stalybridge - HT 2-0 FT 3-0 Win (Yey!)

7. H Havant - HT 0-0 FT 0-0 Draw

8. A Havant (FAT) HT 0-4 FT 1-4 Lost

icon_frown.gif

Don't think this tactic is for me. Seems as if a lot of people are having success with it and so therefore it must be the rubbish Crawley players icon_smile.gif Oh and i have been tweaking in all games from about the 70th minute onwards just to see if it makes much of a difference.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James9:

i am playing with arsenal and it seems that this could be a good tactic for the gunners my problem is that i like van persie but cannot play him and henry in the same starting lineup because neither have the target man attributes needed for this tactic to work i just wanted to check if anyone has tried using henry has a traget man how successful it was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could try it as he does often slow play down to allow other to join up with the attack irl.

However if you were to use him i would suggest having his supply as to feet ormore appropriately as run onto ball

I love this tactic (Aston Villa, 2010, Top of Prem, Semi-final CL etc etc).

I have Kompany (legend) and Zat Knight/Lescott in central defence and they always seem to be out of position when crosses come in so that is my main way of conceding goals. Any ideas on fixing this?

Just started my first Premiership season with Forest (got promoted after 3rd season), gonna report how this does with total underdogs (my odds to win the Prem were 1000-1, and my material really isn't impressive for Premiership level).

Didn't get the easiest start for the season as I first faced Arsenal and Chelsea at home and then Liverpool at away icon_biggrin.gif However the tactic proved itself again as I managed to get 4 points from those games.

Forest 1 Arsenal 1

Forest 0 Chelsea 2 (I hate Drogba)

Liverpool 0 Forest 2 icon_cool.gif

I'll report back after 20 matches or so...

No success for me w this tactic as MUTD

Bought Cahill, L.Toni, Maxi Rodriguez and guardado. Sold Rio F.

Losses against sheff.UTD, chelsea and Bolton. draws against reading (home), Fulham (home) and some more i dont remember. i won 2-3 games too against pretty weak opposition. In europe i won ALL games.

I got sick of it and left it on holiday and all of a sudden mutd are unbeatable. i chosse the same tactics and same line (when possible). by december mutd were 2nd after chelsea and wins were recorded against Liverpool (twice w LC), arsenal and tottenham. My new players received praise in media and "we" scored many goals.

So i cancelled holiday and set out to play against Everton. 4-0 down after 34 mins. i quit the game - FURIOUS.

bug/patch or tactics?

i chose L.Toni as target man and started by giving rooney free roll, but cancelled when he did not perform in free role.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vinny:

OK I thought I would try this tactic and here are my results. Now I am trying this with a struggling Crawley side in season 2007/08 with average to poor players. Here are my results and some details:

1. A Stevenage - HT score 0-0 FT score 0-0 Draw

2. A Blackpool (FAC) - HT 0-0 FT 0-2 Lost

3. H Halifax - HT 0-1 FT 0-1 Lost

4. A Exeter - HT 0-2 FT 1-2 Lost

5. H Stafford - HT 0-0 FT 0-0 Draw

6. A Stalybridge - HT 2-0 FT 3-0 Win (Yey!)

7. H Havant - HT 0-0 FT 0-0 Draw

8. A Havant (FAT) HT 0-4 FT 1-4 Lost

icon_frown.gif

Don't think this tactic is for me. Seems as if a lot of people are having success with it and so therefore it must be the rubbish Crawley players icon_smile.gif Oh and i have been tweaking in all games from about the 70th minute onwards just to see if it makes much of a difference. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, the problem with non-league football is that most of the players are pants and you can't attract anyone better. My best advice to you would be to download Matts training schedule from fmdownloads, offer all your players full time contracts then get the full time players training on the relevant schedule. You'll soon find your results getting better alongside the player's stats.

Seems to be a bit of a bug on the contract side of things. You can offer part time players a full time contract and don't have to change the wage. I've got full time first teamers on £50-100 a week in the Conference which isn't very realistic.

I'm Havant & Waterlooville. I'm 3rd in the league but can go top if I win my game in hand. I've played 21 games, won 9, drawn 9 and lost 3. I've only scored 22 goals but only conceded 7 all season. 5 of those 22 goals were in 1 game. As you can tell, I've drawn a lot of games 0-0!!!

Good tactic though - I jsut need to tweak it slightly to score goals!

UPDATE:

V2 seems to be an improvment all round, thanks for so much posative feedback...I see a couple of negatives sneaking in but thats only natural when a tactic gets so popular.

-Scoring = People seem to be scoring alot more now, and I've heard much much less about any issues upfront.

-Conceedes = I agree these seem to come largely from wing play out wide, if this is a particular problem for you try the back arrows on your DR/DL, although this will mean less crosses for you.

-Players out of position = I notice that sometimes the DCs seem to drift a little wide or seemingly forget to mark, I'm currently testing man-marking as a possible solution.

V3 News:

-With offence seemingly on fire for the vast majority of people I'm gunna probably leave the upfront settings alone.

-Expect to see some big changes to the back four asi try to create a better defense.

-There wont be a diamond formation, it just dosnt work well anymore, but I am playing with havign a more attacking MC and a more defensive one quite successfully.

-I wont put a deadline up for V3 but dont expect it for atleast a week, I'm very busy at the moment so dont have alot of time to test, and i dont particaully like other people testing for me.

-----------------------------------

Replies:

pojam - Beautiful, not even I've kept a clean sheet that long yet :p

Simoriax - The game definately cracks tactics in 07, try makign changes going into the game and at half time....have a look in the V1 and the V2 tips sections.

Elky - It's all about your target man, try to find a player that likes to play with his back to the goal (in prefered moves) I've found it can make big differences.

keanock - I'm West Ham also and I'm first so far icon_smile.gif but glad its going well for you mate.

Trents - you made it work with your last team mate, i reckon you cna do it again. But frankly i dont useually play much lower than leauge one, so your on your own abit.

iolodavanki - When your on holiday you Assistant manager handles the team talks and team selections. This would suggest your problem lies there....see what your results are like wih assistant manager doing the team talks, I noticed some massive improvments. Oh and Alan Smith is a great target man for alot of Man Utd players so far.

jsl - Draw with Arsenal and a win over Liverpool is very impressive for Forrest. The loss aginst chelsea is a bit disapointing. Although Drogba is amazingly good in this version of the game.

Remember that player consistancy is a hidden stat, and not even the best tactic can change that, so some of the time, it's just down to the men you field.

Neo2020 - I use Zat for WestHam, he's amazingly consistant and great in the air, luv him.

Read above for tips on defender conceeds.

A.L - When it's done, maybe next wk, no promises.

James9 - Its target man or not at all with this tactic. You can try to use it without but you need to make alot of changes.

romayrag - Thanks!! And cheers for the notes on the back arrows.

sadlerman - I live in Norwich, so nice choice.

Good news, I've just taken Farnborough to the Conference National title with 3 matches to go. Had a bit of a slump about 3 quarters through the season but a quick fiddle with the target man settings and I was soon winning again.

Div 2 now, unchartered territory(what the hell is this Johnstone Paint Cup thingy icon_biggrin.gif).

Tactic is good, but combined with Matt's Training Schedule it is pretty much perfect.

hi

this tatic seems to be working well so far for my westham.

who should i have as target man?

tevez,ashton,harewood?

i play tevez and ashton together and sometimes harewood with one of them

cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There wont be a diamond formation, it just dosnt work well anymore, but I am playing with havign a more attacking MC and a more defensive one quite successfully. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did test that as I felt my offence didn't was good enough, and I must say the results was incredible! The CM I put in an offensive mode scored 4 goals in the next 6 games and became the matchwinner in 3 of them, including a 3-1 victory over Liverpool!

Allthough I don't think that is all because of the offensive\defensiv CM's becuase I did some changes all around, but I'm sure it certainly had some inpact!

I'm Portsmouth by the way, and this tactic has put me on top of the Premiership after 17 games with 43p, well done FuSS!

I'm testing this tactic now, it looks decent, but I guess I won't see it's effects fully untill later.

I'm winning games so no complaints there, but the set pieces look very ineffective though. I'll keep them as they are for while and see if it gets better, but I have a suggestion for you if you'd like to try.

Corners: Aimed at Near Post

Targetman(right striker) - Near post

Left striker - Far post

Rightback & Leftback - Stay Back

Centerbacks - Attack near and Attack far post

Left center midfielder - Stay back if needed

Right center midfielder - Lurk outside

Right winger - Lurk

Left winger - Attack ball from deep

This is ofcourse designed to work for my players, but it really dosen't matter much what the other players are doing because almost all corners will land on the near post and alot of them will go in if the targetman is good at jumping and heading, etc.

On free kicks I have the standard settings with 4 on stay back and the rest on go forward, though aimed at best header. I have noticed that if you keep it at standard and you get a free kick on the edge of the area or near the byline the players will line up like it is a corner and this is even more effective. Zigic have been netting over 40 goals for me the last three seasons and most of them have come from set pieces.

I was the evil purpetrator that nicked, tweaked and distributed the cheat corner tactic of last year from the Domonation2005-tactic(where it didn't really work I might add!), so I'm good for it! :p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dalv:

question: which one has to be the target man in v.2? the one with forward runs and run with ball set to often? or the other one with those set to mixed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hi

im need to find this out also , but i would have thought the one with foward runs and run with ball?

icon_wink.gif

Target man = the RIGHT forward, the one set to hold-up the ball oddly enough chaps :p

eple - As I've mentioned I'm not good with set-peices it's just not my thing, I'll test out your setup and maybe we'll see it in V3.

BTW how are u finding the Defensive set-peices, i like to think they are much more solid than they were before.

I just won the Champions League with Spurs in my second season in charge with version1 of this tactic, beating Valencia in the final 3-2 in extra time. But the real story of the campaign was the miraculous victory over Barcelona in the Quater Finals. We lost the first leg away from home 3-0, it seemed all was lost but then this happened.........

T1_-1_1734411.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyone tried this tactis with Gunners?

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did and it worked very nice. Altough Henry was injured for most of the season (I really hate this injures icon_mad.gif) he was the top striker of the leauge bagging 23 goals in 23 app. Overall he scored 32 goals in 32 app. so you can see he was injured a lot.

I was playing Baptista on target man role and he was very good in that position and in January I brought in Alan Smith for that role and he did fantastic scoring and assaisting a lot. But as Henry he also had a lot of injures (3 weeks twice and once a month long and they all came in matches). He was fouled 51 times in 13 matches so you can see he was on the receiving end of tackles alot.

Overall this tactic works great with Arsenal and you can try it out. icon14.gif

great tactic for chelski icon_smile.gif

Have won the first 7 straight games so far, +getting many goals and not so many against me - and as a super bonus ive seen the opponent getting an red card for 4 straight games (extra bonus ? icon_smile.gif )

Archived