MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

Hey all.

I've found my old tactics dont really work in FM08, in fact I don't think targetmen realy work very well in FM08.

Rest assured I'll be making a new tactic, but not until the offical patch is out...I dont see the point of making a tactic now only to find it wont work due to changed in the patch.

I've been having alot of success with 442 diamonds so far in the game, so I may give a dimoand a go for my first offical release. 442 lovers rest assured though that it will definately be either a flats 442 or a diamond though. I cant abide these 1 striker tactics.

I'll be in touch when the patch is out.

Fuss </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't wait icon_wink.gif

Another reason for the official patch to be out sooner rather than later icon_razz.gif

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

Hey all.

I've found my old tactics dont really work in FM08, in fact I don't think targetmen realy work very well in FM08.

Rest assured I'll be making a new tactic, but not until the offical patch is out...I dont see the point of making a tactic now only to find it wont work due to changed in the patch.

I've been having alot of success with 442 diamonds so far in the game, so I may give a dimoand a go for my first offical release. 442 lovers rest assured though that it will definately be either a flats 442 or a diamond though. I cant abide these 1 striker tactics.

Fuss </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Strangely i'm doing well with this tactic(v4) with FM08. Playing as Hartlepool in Div 1. First thing i did was buy a tall striker (McBreen). Have done my own teak here or there depending on available personnel.

Coming 3rd in Div 1 after quarter of season. Only lost against good teams. Killed teams in preseason 7 nil, 8 nil etc....

Still only quarter of the season gone but this tactic still looks promising.

Wowsers, just finished re-reading this all from start to finish.

It is amazing how much you forget when you haven't played a game in a while.

I now have 08, but unfortunately, even with tinkering I can't get any of the versions of minimal Fuss to work evn half as well.

As Fuss has said, it seems to have toned down target men a lot and almost wiped out the near post flick on option.

I am playing with a very weak side at the moment, with the aim of learning the game engine and what appears to work well. I can't string a convincing run of games together.

When the patch is released and FuSS starts putting his brain towards another new tactic, count me in.

Rest assured I'll be making a new tactic, but not until the offical patch is out

Fuss </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that answers your question. I expect work is in progress. We must have patience while FuSS works his magic icon14.gif

Fuss....

Tried your tacti v4 for a whole season with Marseille...

The tactic definately works for FM08 with no tweaking at all...

Finished in 5th in the Ligue 1 especially after an awfull start to the season backed with horrendus mentality at the start of the campain, mainly because of the fury of the fans for appointing a unknown manager like me...hehehehehe... little they knew about me...rss

didn´t qualify for the second stage of chams cup but went to UEFA, and won the cup against blackburn, beat (PSV, Fiorentina, Palermo and Lazio 0-3 away)...not bad...

59 games played, 29 won, 14 draws, 16 lost, scored 104 goals conceded 80...

Conceded a lot at the back, but got it sorted when I bought Breno from SP... Cissé was unbeleivable up front scoring 41 goals all season...

As I said no tweaking at all...

got a trophy though...

nice one...

good luck...

I have used Fuss' tactics all throughout my FM07 career, with my own tweaking. It was great and a pleasure to watch. In real life as in the game I like the style with two men upfront, one being the faster striker and one being the target man. Nearly all the newly created tactics for 08 on this board seem to be having one striker and there's no place anymore for the Toni's, the Klose's,... in this game. I've tried to get a big target man tactic together but haven't had any success yet. I hope Fuss can come up with something like this so I hope you are getting some good results...

Anyways thanks for the tactics in 07 and good luck for the upcoming tactics in 08

Keep us updated!

Cheers!

ZD

Loved this tac on 07, brought my forest to the epl. The target/fast combo was great and it is a real shame that it doesn't work in 08. Why would a tactic not work a year after? The game is supposed to be realistic. Keep up the good work and lets all try to tweak this tac for 08.

I spoke to Fuss last week briefly on msm.

He is very busy with some Uni work at the moment, those who follow this thread will know he is doing psychology.

He has a very different tactic to last year that does not rely on using target men, but he has not had enough time to fine tune it.

He said he is planning on releasing it when he gets time. I would expect that may be closer to Christmas.

While you are all waiting, does anyone who is playing with a none top flight team fancy having ago with DanTheMan999's tactic?

Been using it for about 20 matches and I like it, the tactic can be found on this forum in a post titled "Dan's 4-1-4-1 : Proven LL Results, Tight but with good attacking options.". I am going to test it and do some feedback over the next few weeks. Or until Fuss gets a 08 one up for us to test.

this is a great tactic.... congrat fuss... you're brillian.... i get treble winners for 5 times in 5 season... in 6th season,, it's very difficult for my team to score and win like beforee.....

any tips?... fuss, help please

hi fuss..and hello to all football manager kind people...i just want some body to upload to me that great tactic coz as u all know fmdownloads.com is no longer in work...so please Fuss or anybody else upload the 4 versions of the tactic or any version u got...please coz i need it urgently...thanks all in advance

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mhmoud_ali:

hi fuss..and hello to all football manager kind people...i just want some body to upload to me that great tactic coz as u all know fmdownloads.com is no longer in work...so please Fuss or anybody else upload the 4 versions of the tactic or any version u got...please coz i need it urgently...thanks all in advance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

please guys somebody help icon_frown.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Guest christrott

How true !!! Im cryin out for a standard 4-4-2 tactic that works on 08 !! Been playin cm/fm since 95/96 and only started using other peoples tactics since 06.... but must say fusses tactic for 07 is the best I have ever used !!!

Cmon fuss..... give us an indication of how u gettin on ! Lol.

Pleeeeaaassseee !!!

Hey all.

Fuss </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FuSS

i am waiting for ur great tactic

thanks men

i hope u will release it soon

regards

Trying version 4 with Sunderland in my first season.

So far, terrible:

Sunderland 1 Villa 2

Wigan 3 Sunderland 1

Sunderland 0 Derby 3

I hope this improves, because I was struggling around lower mid table, and since trying this tactic, without tinkering, I'm plummeting towards relegation.

I'll keep you informed.

Guest Norbert

Still using FM07 and would love to try V4 can't seem to find a download still working. Rapidshare gives 404 error and FMdownloads.net ????

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macque:

So far, terrible:

Sunderland 1 Villa 2

Wigan 3 Sunderland 1

Sunderland 0 Derby 3

I hope this improves, because I was struggling around lower mid table, and since trying this tactic, without tinkering, I'm plummeting towards relegation.

I'll keep you informed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bolton 3 Sunderland 3

Liverpool 4 Sunderland 0

Sunderland 1 Spurs 2

Aweful.

Are you sure this is for FM08 8.01?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macque:

So far, terrible:

Sunderland 1 Villa 2

Wigan 3 Sunderland 1

Sunderland 0 Derby 3

Bolton 3 Sunderland 3

Liverpool 4 Sunderland 0

Sunderland 1 Spurs 2

Aweful.

Are you sure this is for FM08 8.01? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

None of these tactics are for FM08. They were designed for FM07. They are reportedly much less successful in 08. That would be why you are having such bad form with them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abaddon879:

So far, terrible:

Sunderland 1 Villa 2

Wigan 3 Sunderland 1

Sunderland 0 Derby 3

Bolton 3 Sunderland 3

Liverpool 4 Sunderland 0

Sunderland 1 Spurs 2

Aweful.

Are you sure this is for FM08 8.01? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

None of these tactics are for FM08. They were designed for FM07. They are reportedly much less successful in 08. That would be why you are having such bad form with them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aha.

That would explain it.

Well, for the record, I can confirm that.

This will get you relegated and sacked in FM2008 icon_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys, very busy year and just can't find the time to sort a tactic out properly....that plus 442's just dont seem to work for FM08. Have a pretty good 4141 i mightrelease but so short on time at the mo due to RL.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Use v4 mate.

And if you read page 23 about halfway down u will see that minimal_fuss and fuss are indeed both me.......

I can't remmber my old accounts email....if any mod or admin knows it please let me know! I know the password just not the email address!

Archived