MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

I used V4 with Porto and I had great success. For the season 09-10 I accepted a job offer from Juventus and was excited to get into Serie A.

But...I don´t know what´s the problem, but V3 and V4 doesn´t seem to work their magic in Serie A? Do opposing teams just defend so much better or what? I don´t create much scoring chances and I´m getting like 2 shots on goal for each game.

Another question. From 2 MC´s, the left one is on more attacking duty, right? Still my every coach suggests that I should put my attacking MC on defending role and vice versa. Is it just a bug I should ignore, or do they know something I don´t?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lambs - hey mate, nor have I, but I'm kicking about waiting for a good transfer update.

Sweet-Zombie-Jesus - there's download links about 3 posts above yours. However you need to find the page relating to which ever release you choose to use.

Hellhammer - ignore them, and u should pick your own team, coaches and the ass-man seem to do it based largely on player repuation. Oh and try v2, bit faster paced n counter-attacking, might work well for Italian football.

Definately not. If u do it too often players can react badly, syaing they've heard it all before etc.

I only really bother if i think sombody has been under-performing or if they've been playing great.

Think of it as a way to keep a players good form up or to knock some sense into a poorly performing player.

Hey Fuss

could u give me some tips on what target men, playmakers etc i should use. i'm using your V4 at the moment but i don't believe I'm using it to its full potential or shouldn't i use V4, should i use another one

My Team is

untitled2qq8.jpg

I would hardly complain looking at the number of goals your getting, but there is an obvious problem - your not using a target man.

You have only one target man, that's alan smith, he's pretty good, but as man utd you should have no problem affording sombody better.

I'd sell off Saha and go for somebody like Toni/Klose/Zigic. But play Alan smith in the target role for now with rooney alongside should be awesom (freerole on rooney may work quite well too).

there's load of sections around the forum you can search for that will give you advice on what to look for in a target man.

Off the top of my head:

Heading,

Jumping,

Height,

Strength,

Workrate,

Agression,

Bravery,

Oh and you look like you need another decent right back - Zaccardo Comes highly recommended and dosn't cost too much first season.

Guest wasted

I like to thank u Fuss for this genius work...

I have been playing this since CM 91 times..I was finding it hard to play at this level..

but with yr tactic I am BACK... icon_biggrin.gif

With Wolfsburg in Bundesliga second season I am third...and made a god of Diego Klimowicz as TM...

matizami - V4 is the best n newest. But alot of people like the simplicity of v2 still.

crazyscotsman - Tactics were uploaded again afew posts ago in one big rar file, hopefully sombody put them somwhere perminent.

wasted - Cheers!

I'm sure if you ask around sombody will upload it for you mate, I'm a little short on time to be digging about for it at the mo.

-------------

Right, I'm going to await FM08, I'll be back with a new tactic then, but until it's goodbye from me....most of you seme to have my email addresses anyway if you want me :p

Hi, I've been using V4 with Atletico Madrid in my second season. At the point I started using it the team had won 1 and lost 3 league games.

The first league game against Almeria somehow ended in defeat despite taking the lead. In the next league game we spanked Getafe 6-1. Thus far since adopting the tactic the team has won 6, drawn 1 and lost 2.

The second defeat came at the hands of Barcelona - Nakamura missed a late late penalty for us which would have made it 2-2, and with us going gung ho Henry scored to make it 3-1 on a counter attack.

We were defeated in the cup by second division Nastic - their keeper made lots of saves, whilst my keeper let in a couple of tame looking ones.

Europe was also a bit of a disaster - aside from a 7-0 win against Groningen. The defeat against FC Kobenhavn was the only game so far where the tactic looked shaky, and we were eliminated after losing to Fenerbahce with a late late goal.

Just the league to concentrate on now, but I think we have a very decent chance of making the top four icon_smile.gif

Fixtures

Squad

League Table

I've had huge success with this tactic. So much so that I now prefer dropping it as it's so effective it makes the game boring. I've made lots of modifications though and I thought I'd share the most effective one.

The tactic is brilliant, not just because it can turn a poor side into league champions, but also because, with the right players in the right positions every player gets a fantastic rating. The only position I've had trouble with is the quick striker.

The problem was that there was only a few players that seemed to work in this position: The especially gifted strikers, with lots of pace, technique, flair and composure (relative to level). Thus when strangled by a tight budget, it can be hard to get the right player in and you end up with a flop.

What I did though was to adjust the creative freedom from much to little (about 5-7 of 20). I also add run with ball and long shots depending on the strikers skills. This has completely changed the fortunes of the quick strikers, and less gifted player now flourish in this role.

I discovered this when I was playing as West Brom and ended up getting Freddy Eastwood as he was the only player that was decent enough and willing to join. With the original settings he scored 7 goals in the first 25 games and was contributing very little to the team in general (goals from penalties and tap-ins with no assists). When I changed the instructions to what I mentioned above, he suddenly became a completely different player scoring 20 goals in the remainder of the season and got 12 assist. In the following season in the premier league he got 20 goals and 8 assists in 26(9) league games.

Since then I've been using this modification and it has worked with every player. Defiantly a good modification if you can't afford David Villa and the like.

eple - Sounds interesting, I'm guessing by the quick striker you mean the on offset to the left (or atleast that's where I intended the quick striker to be). I'm been toying with CreativeFreedom and Closing don for strikers, still nto convinced by any setitngs in particualr, so am open to ideas on this front.

You put long shots up to often? as they are already on mixed!

Yes, the left striker (although I put him in the right side depending on the opposition defence).

I did mean long shots and run with ball on often, yes, but long shots I reserve for players like Eastwood who have a lot of flair and and long shot skills and can slam the ball with power from anywhere within 40 yards of the goal.

I wshoul add that I did try giving Eastwood instructions to run with ball and shoot from distance with the original creative freedom level and that did not work. It started to be effective immediately after I lowered the CF.

can someone please upload this tactic this tactic looks really amazing and i would love to try it with my rangers team and see the results for my self the last season i finished 2nd dropping the title to celtic and losing the cup to celtic aswell and ive barely still got my job so can someone please upload this tactic please thanks

Been using this tactic for a while now (V4) with Juventus and to be honest it hasn't really been working that well.

Defensively we're ok but we struggle to score goals , put in poor performances fairly often and in most games the opposition always gets the majority of possession. Only against the proper crap teams do we dominate things.

Cheers for the effort though.

Hey fuss, you mentioned earlier in the thread that you have made an away version of the V4 or am i mistaken. anychance you can upload it and i will try to host it on filefront. Also you metion making small changes before kicking off you have mentioned a couple which i used to effect then they seemed to stop working so i tried other combinations with success and no success just wondering if you can elaborate more.

Ricard

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ^Goose^:

Been using this tactic for a while now (V4) with Juventus and to be honest it hasn't really been working that well.

Defensively we're ok but we struggle to score goals , put in poor performances fairly often and in most games the opposition always gets the majority of possession. Only against the proper crap teams do we dominate things.

Cheers for the effort though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who is your target man?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

I've uploaded a .rar file of all 4 tactics together.

It's here:

http://download.yousendit.com/07DDC7375EC4D8F8

It's only a temporary upload, so if sombody else could up it somwhere that would be great.

FuSS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Fuss

This tactics link "This file has expired"

Can you re-upload all 4 of the tactics?

• 2 weeks later...

You can google it, it's avalible on alot of sites (as explained in a previous post).

--------------------------------------

NB:

I will be making a new tactical set for FM08, but not until full release and maybe not until the patch.

Thanks,

Fuss.

hi,

i got this problem with v4 against everton. no matter what i do i still lose to them. especially losing to andy johnson ability to score. i am the fav to win away. i was asked to defend deep and i did it. still lose. they held so much possession. whenever i pass they intercept. any advise? thanks

Thank you fuss, I have not won any premier league title with my Liverpool for the last one year since I bought the game until I used your tactic, that says it all. Keep up the good work and hope to see another excellent tactic from you for fm2008. Thank you for putting so much of your time and effort in bringing joy and satisfaction to other FM players!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

Hey thanks for the comments, glad to be getting feedback, so far itsall been posative and quite afew PMs.

Godlike - I did try using the ML/MR pushed up in the AML/AMR positions (like Barca Domination), But i found the formation to be more solid as a straight 442 as pacey wingers can make it back to defend easier.

-Version 2 is coming along quite well, you'll notice some set-peices changes and some mild slider weaks for the defence.

-Please let me know any details you can as all input will help improve this tactic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well ive okayd about 21 seasons wid manunited in da epl and superleague combined..ive ALWASY playd a flat 4-4-2 n ive not won da league only1ce...i think a flat 4-4-2 is preety good!

Hi fuss, I was using your brilliant tactic version 4 in fm2007. I realized it leaked quite a number of goals through set pieces. May be you could have a look at that and make a better one for fm2008, thanks!

Very good tactic, i have found i do score alot of goals from set pieces.

However im using this tactic with Liverpool and seem to be struggling against the big teams, i..e Chelsea and Man U. I seem to create loads of chances and not take them, then they'll go up the other end and score and normally from a long shot?

This is a great tactic, great work FuSs nd some of the stuff The Lamb said was great too, the only problem ive had is my striker on the left never scores, ive tried swappin sides, free role, even changin the striker nd still nothin, im arsenal, nd i got 4 people that could play there, Vela, RVP(Van Persie), Pandev, Walcott

Out of about 10-15 games the TM scores heaps but the only striker to score in the other striker possition was pandev nd he scored 2 in the same game, then back to nothing any ideas??

hello fuss..I was new in this fprum and find a very awesome feedback in ur tactics..I was able to download ur version 4...I was sunderland and in the year 2035 already...I tried ur tactic and use 2 towering MC's with good heading jumping and positioning..height about 180..normaly they are DC's but i trained them to play MC's and I was doing very great..I can sometimes go up to ten games without conceding...the only problem is, I score less goals..but I'm winning....Fantastic tactic in FM07 icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Trents:

Been an avid supporter of this tactic throughout FM 07.

Has anyone tried this with FM08 yet? I've finished my first season using FuSS versions 3/4 and not had anywhere near the success of FM07. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am playing with the v3 and its working decently...D1 with milwall and 3rd after 38 games. My target is struggling tough (Ben May).

I tried the same tactic with Liverpool but the result was not as impressive as in fm2007. Well, may be it is due to the various bugs in fm2008. Anyway I have stopped playing the game until the proper patch is out. By the way, Fuss, will you be making an improved tactic for fm2008 in the near future?

Hey all.

I've found my old tactics dont really work in FM08, in fact I don't think targetmen realy work very well in FM08.

Rest assured I'll be making a new tactic, but not until the offical patch is out...I dont see the point of making a tactic now only to find it wont work due to changed in the patch.

I've been having alot of success with 442 diamonds so far in the game, so I may give a dimoand a go for my first offical release. 442 lovers rest assured though that it will definately be either a flats 442 or a diamond though. I cant abide these 1 striker tactics.

I'll be in touch when the patch is out.

Fuss

Archived