MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

don't know what happened. patch 7.0.2

tactic v3

first season, with fiorentina, with a 15 point handicap, finished second, 2 points down Inter.

second season, 6th, struggling to win (or not to loose) 2 games in a row...

I only sold mutu, and brought gasbarroni, matuzalem, and pandev.

tried the v4, same thing, seems even worst...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7.0.1=

+ tactics seem to work better

- bugs

7.0.2=

+ fixes bugs

- tactics not as good for some people

It's a bit of a mystery really...there were apprently no tactic changes, but alot of people complan tactics now dont work quite so well...and the corner trcik definately dosnt work like it used to.

I'd say update and deal with it, its not worth playing with bugs.

I've been using V2 on patch 7.0.2 with my Sunderland team and it's worked wonders.

Last season I won the Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA cup using V2 of this tactic (in my 3rd season in the Premier League I think). I've tried tweaking the set pieces a little but definitely can't get the same amount of goals as I did on 7.0.0, no matter what I do.

So cheers for this tactic, it's brilliant. I'd recommend version 2 personally.

I have been using v4 on 7.0.2. Had good success with Hibs, winning the league and cups over 3 seasons, and doing well in Europe. Took over at Aston Villa halfway through the 2009/10 season, where they were in League 1!

To be fair, they were top when I took over, and won the league also making the quarters of the FA cup, beating EPL teams in the process.

Have tweaked the tactic a bit here and there(not sure exactly how - ahh the joys of beer!) and at the start of the season am 5 wins out of 5 in the league, without losing a goal and scoring at least 3 each time!

I know it won't last, but HEE HA!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JohnHibs73:

I have been using v4 on 7.0.2. Had good success with Hibs, winning the league and cups over 3 seasons, and doing well in Europe. Took over at Aston Villa halfway through the 2009/10 season, where they were in League 1!

To be fair, they were top when I took over, and won the league also making the quarters of the FA cup, beating EPL teams in the process.

Have tweaked the tactic a bit here and there(not sure exactly how - ahh the joys of beer!) and at the start of the season am 5 wins out of 5 in the league, without losing a goal and scoring at least 3 each time!

I know it won't last, but HEE HA!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So of course - commentators curse, i shipped 5 goals in my next 2 games, losing the second one!

The tactic works well as a whole, but my problem at the moment is leaking goals. I am not suffering hugely, but if I could tighten up at the back I would be winning the league easily as I am struggling with chelsea who seem invinsible currently. I am scoring without too much trouble, but I keep getting beaten at the back, which with the talent I have playing should not be happening. they all have 15-16+ in the stats needed for their position like jumping heading positioning tackling marking. Full backs even have pace at 14-16. What more can I ask of them. The back line just does not seem to perform. I get teh odd game where one defender will excell but these are rare. I need to tighten my back line to progress to the upper realms. Any pointers?

I have been lead to believe pre v4 do not work with 7.02.

With v4 I find that putting forward runs often for the attacking MC can help them score a few by arriving late in the area. Also helps to give you the number advantage in the opposition area, with your 2 strikers, 2 wingers in forward potions and then your attacking MC. Also setting forward runs and run with ball to often for the fast striker can work wonders if you have a amazingly fast striker with 17+ pace, acceleration and dribbling.

Hey FuSS,

You may remember me from a few pages back, anyway...i love you and i love your tactic more. For the past 4 seasons i have won La Liga with Barcelona and on course for a 5th league title!! At the moment i have won 16 on the trot and 31 games unbeaten in the league.

I use the tactic with no CA on and then if its still 0-0 at HT, i change the target man supply of passing down flanks to mixed and magic happens, the game hasnt reset itself yet and i have done loads of saves. Hopefully my luck wont run out. My closest team is 6 points behind and i have 2 games in hand!

hi

im arsenal and am about too test v4 of this tatic could i ask who should i have as my target man up front out of these and who shoul i partner him with ?

henry,vela,sauzo,brentner,walcott,rvp

cheers

Whoever has th best strength, jumping and off ball would be a good choice for target man, also decisions would be beneficial. For teh fast striker, anyone who is quick will cause havoc in that position.

Just bought Anderson (Porto) for the MLC (this is still my Portsmouth game, and is 2011 so he is world class).

However the jury is still out on forward runs for the MLC.... I tried it with O'Neil and Kranjcar last season and it seemed to make little difference although i saw slightly more of them. Now tho i find Anderson bursts into the box and does nothing, rather than providing a deeper option.

Im still relatively new to watching the MLC (AMC) role as pre V4 i always played two holding players. I was wondering what function everyone find their AMC does in goals etc, because if it is just to spray balls out to the flanks, then denilson/mascherano (DMCs) can do that just fine, while being more solid. Though i hope i can get more out of the role.

The invisibility during highlight of the MLC role (doesnt seem to do anything) is why i bought Anderson, so i hope you guys have some tips on getting the most out of the role.

(PS. check out his preffered moves, pretty nice imo)

anderson1up7.th.jpg

anderson2zd8.th.jpg

The MCL is probably the least used position in this tactic. It's intend to provide another forward passing option, and i find he gets onto some of the knocks downs of the target man...more than anything i find that he often simply draws markers away from your pacey striker.

You can always try changing passing to mixed...i do this at half time sometimes just to mix it up.

u can always try giving him a freerole...a player as quality as Anderson will likely be very good on a freerole, and i imagine he'd find alot more of the ball.

You may also try moving the MCL to a central positions and dropping the MCR to a full DMC positions...this is rapidly becoming a preffered formation of mine and i'm currently workng on a new tactic for it.

hi

ive got jesus navas in my arsenal squad im starting using the v4 of this tatic.

his stats say he is a natural attacking right winger would he be ok in the position of this tatic(midfield right)

as i can see it has foward arrow on it so would he still cause havoc???

cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

The MCL is probably the least used position in this tactic. It's intend to provide another forward passing option, and i find he gets onto some of the knocks downs of the target man...more than anything i find that he often simply draws markers away from your pacey striker.

You can always try changing passing to mixed...i do this at half time sometimes just to mix it up.

u can always try giving him a freerole...a player as quality as Anderson will likely be very good on a freerole, and i imagine he'd find alot more of the ball.

You may also try moving the MCL to a central positions and dropping the MCR to a full DMC positions...this is rapidly becoming a preffered formation of mine and i'm currently workng on a new tactic for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im nervous to try the free role, whilst playing this shape anyway, i feel like it will leave a big gap in the MLC position when i dont have the ball, and if the opponents attacking MC is playing there that could be dangerous. I'd really like to see more of Anderson though, and get some long shots screaming in. What would be ideal for me would be if he sort of hung back on the edge of the box when the wingers are at the byline... like the FS does with your default Corner routine FuSS. Then the wingers would have another option when they have dribbled to the byline, and the MLC would get more goals. Im experimenting to see if this is possilble.

I'd be very interested to try out your new shape tactic FuSS, when you feel its ready of course, especially if it means Anderson can start paying back the £32,000,000 i paid for him. As Delgado is currently injured, although Lavezzi is good im debating retraining Anderson as FS (i beleive he is pre 7.01/7.02 as i seem to remember buying him on a Real Madrid game). Though im still not sure, because i am currently training him as an MC (he is only competant in MC, natural AMC and as theres no farrow on the MLC role, i prefer to train him in MC to accomplished level)

Im still playing pretty well overall, although my only downside is that although i have a world class team in terms of players, the best coaching team i have ever had as well, i still dont feel like a world class team. Not in the way i do with even a default Chelsea team, even though i think player for player my team is better. Playing deep all the time now as well, seems to be more solid and not affect the attack, and besides means i can be lazy and not bother to check oppositions pace. (I still change defensive line at teamtalk screen at start however, to fulfill tweak requirement)

The other thing ive found to be most effective is RunWithBall to often on my FS, just suits the players i have really, and means i score more AI-like goals wherer Henry/Rooney skins the team and bangs it in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnermitch:

hi

ive got jesus navas in my arsenal squad im starting using the v4 of this tatic.

his stats say he is a natural attacking right winger would he be ok in the position of this tatic(midfield right)

as i can see it has foward arrow on it so would he still cause havoc???

cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've always found that players that are AM R/L (without M R/L) are fine on the wings in this tactic as long as their stats are right. However if i dont want them trained in anything else, i usually positionally train them in the M role, (just in case it improves them even a little bit). However although its a bit different Guardado is on my left wing with WBL / AML (without ML) because i wanted to train him as MC to fill in the attacking MLC role when my main gets injured)

My mlc always gets the worst ratings I tried to play a dmc ,mc and all around mcs there nothing worked plus I can't find anyone with decent jumping and the gk send the long kick to the mlc so if you have an mlc with poor jumping it's a problem only Cahill and Ballack are good to play there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Im nervous to try the free role, whilst playing this shape anyway, i feel like it will leave a big gap in the MLC position when i dont have the ball, and if the opponents attacking MC is playing there that could be dangerous. I'd really like to see more of Anderson though, and get some long shots screaming in. What would be ideal for me would be if he sort of hung back on the edge of the box when the wingers are at the byline... like the FS does with your default Corner routine FuSS. Then the wingers would have another option when they have dribbled to the byline, and the MLC would get more goals. Im experimenting to see if this is possilble.

I'd be very interested to try out your new shape tactic FuSS, when you feel its ready of course, especially if it means Anderson can start paying back the £32,000,000 i paid for him. As Delgado is currently injured, although Lavezzi is good im debating retraining Anderson as FS (i beleive he is pre 7.01/7.02 as i seem to remember buying him on a Real Madrid game). Though im still not sure, because i am currently training him as an MC (he is only competant in MC, natural AMC and as theres no farrow on the MLC role, i prefer to train him in MC to accomplished level)

Im still playing pretty well overall, although my only downside is that although i have a world class team in terms of players, the best coaching team i have ever had as well, i still dont feel like a world class team. Not in the way i do with even a default Chelsea team, even though i think player for player my team is better. Playing deep all the time now as well, seems to be more solid and not affect the attack, and besides means i can be lazy and not bother to check oppositions pace. (I still change defensive line at teamtalk screen at start however, to fulfill tweak requirement)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my current game as Racing Anderson was my first major signing and i had the same hope that he can play there better than other players I tried . I retrained him as mc i gave him free role forward runs often nothing worked i even changed the formation and played him as an amc but nothing so i retrained him as ml but I had better players there so i ended up selling him to Inter.

Quick question, v4.. are there different versions of that one? or anyone using it maybe could post the formation.

Cause my two strikers, well the one to the left are more to the left than normally. More to the left winger so to say..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

You may also try moving the MCL to a central positions and dropping the MCR to a full DMC positions...this is rapidly becoming a preffered formation of mine and i'm currently workng on a new tactic for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hi

does mean im not going too get the best out of fabregas?? should i put him on free role?

cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Originally posted by gunnermitch

hi

does mean im not going too get the best out of fabregas?? should i put him on free role?

cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my view, no you probably wont get as much out of him as you would in other tactics, but its the same debate as Gerard at AMR for Liverpool imo. Yes you would get more out of him at MC, but the tactic benitez plays requires two holding players. You are not getting the best out of a player perhaps but he can still perform overall in the tactic.

He can still play in the MLC happily, and will play plenty of good balls to the wingers and the FS.

As for free-role i dont think anyone has really tried it for the MLC at this stage, largely because a fair few people give the FS a free role.

hi

could someone tell me what team passing i should have them set on mixed or down bove flanks????

or should i change it now and then?

cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by celtic2006:

is thre not a tactic for away ? im sure this is for home </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have always found this tactic works equally well at both, just needs tweaking. The Lambs posted some good tips a while ago on whether to play with counter attack or not, and thats one of the things i vary depending on home or away.

Basically Counter attack if you are not favoured on the match odds, dont counter attack if you are favoured. You can learn more by reading through the thread.

Perhaps you can play two holding players when away instead of one AMC and one DMC. To do this you can clone the settings from the MRC to the MLC, and then play two DMCs or defensive MCs in those positions.

With V4 I havnt found this necessary though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by gunnermitch:

hi

could someone tell me what team passing i should have them set on mixed or down bove flanks????

or should i change it now and then?

cheers

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I treat it like real-life. Bearing in mind the tactic is designed to get the ball wide and get the ball into the target man, i try to leave it on down both flanks as much as possible. However just like real life, if things arent going well I start getting desperate and change to Mixed so that i just start booting it long to the target man for flicks either to the FS, or the wings.

As a rule I havnt found I needed to change to Mixed very often though. And I would definitely not change to mixed unless your target man is going to beat the defenders the majority of the time, or perhaps if you feel your MC's can thread some extra balls through to the FS to take advantage of a slow defence.

thanks

so i should try leaving team passing set too down both flanks

just one more thing if things are not going too well should i change the passing short to direct in a match?

and is it ok having fabregas(mc) on free role?

this is v4 of this tatic by the way.

thanks

FUSS!!!!! Thank you so much for your tactic, V4 has worked very well, i have read 21 pages of the thread, but it turns out with the right players I don't need to do too much right now....I know you have put tons of time into this but wanted to pass on a thanks from a fan who can now enjoy 07 finally!

Cheers!

Hi, can anyone help me, i've started a new game with FC Bayern Munchen and have some problems to win! im using a fuss v4 tactic, 18 games left 9 wins 6 draws and 3 loss, 30 goals and 18 conceded, i turned counter attack off but no effect!!!

then i've tried to change passing Target men Head to "mixed" no effect too

the last my game i've draw with braunschewig in german cup!!!

how to increase my tactic perfomance ? (what i need to change pre game or in the game before kick off)

thanks!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dimastiy:

Hi, can anyone help me, i've started a new game with FC Bayern Munchen and have some problems to win! im using a fuss v4 tactic, 18 games left 9 wins 6 draws and 3 loss, 30 goals and 18 conceded, i turned counter attack off but no effect!!!

then i've tried to change passing Target men Head to "mixed" no effect too

the last my game i've draw with braunschewig in german cup!!!

how to increase my tactic perfomance ? (what i need to change pre game or in the game before kick off)

thanks!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've enjoyed a lot of success with this tactic tonight. The key thing seems to be the target man. Basically get a striker with jumping of 19 or 20 and heading of 18+. Rolando Bianchi, Klose, Eddie Johnson, Foti, people like that.

It really does work a treat without being tweaked. The only things I've changed are dropping the defending line when the opposition strikers are very quick and always remembering to turn off counter attacking when your side is either better than the opposition or favourites according to the bookies.

Other ideas to look at are switching the second striker over to the other side. Try to get the best matchup you can and watch for the AI side switching them over to stop it working, you just switch them again.

For example if the AI team has a centre back with jumping of 20 and heading of 20, you want to keep him away from the target man. So put the other striker onto his side. If a centre half has jumping and heading stats a lot below the target man, exploit this by always having the target man on his side. You mirror their settings. If the weak header is on the left of the two centre backs, put the second striker over to the left, so that the target striker is on the right of the two.

LOL! Great Tactic i've played in Semi-final with Barcelona at home! and scout tell me to make a deeper def line, and i make it... and what ? ... 0:6 Barcelone wins! in league im in 2nd position after 30 games and i cannot do anything! WHAT THE F@CK ?

cracking tactic - followed your instructions about minor tweaks before most games - finished 4th with West Ham and won uefa cup!

You really need a target man with 18 in heading and jumping though. Ashton has 15 and 16 lost a lot in the air but still somehow managed 24 goals. Not sure Tevez was being used to the full as the other striker so changed forward runs and run with ball from mixed to often and he was transformed! He hit 8 goals in the last 6 games of the season, having only got 8 in 40 before that.

Thanks so much!

re-ranking mid-season didn't hold me back, in fact we were 8th with 12 games to go, but once i got tevez going we were really cooking. using 7.02 and v.4 btw.

Also found benayoun who is not that fast 14 works well at mr, mainly down to his dribbling and technique. He also works well at the more attacking of the two mc positions even though he is not a natural mc and is rather too attacking for that role again i think down to his excellent technique - also scored 12 goals.

I'll stop now, but it's a fascinating tactic and thanks to your excellent instructions it is so highly adaptable.

I haven't swapped sides with either strikers or wingers and only really implement 5/6 of your minor tweaks per game so i feel there is more to come next season using it.

hi, have been using v2 with Coventry with very good success and this has to be the best tactic i have used. found it hard to hold on to my best players after narrowly failing to get in the prem as the chairman accepted offers for them!

will now start a new game with my home town club Watford using v4 and see how i get on in the prem. already signed Eddie Johnson so he and Henderson should give me the target man options for the season with big H the back up to EJ,also got doudin for the future + szetela and sivok and a few others, will start tomorrow hopefully as kids come first-i have 3!

using v4 with villa currently 2nd using carew as target with agbonlahor as free role striker awesome average a goal a game each and rating of 7.5 only loss too arsenal many thanks only problem is my dc(knight and mellberg) get stung by quick strikers tried dropping back but no joy any suggestions much appreciated p.s keep up the great work mate

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cockers:

using v4 with villa currently 2nd using carew as target with agbonlahor as free role striker awesome average a goal a game each and rating of 7.5 only loss too arsenal many thanks only problem is my dc(knight and mellberg) get stung by quick strikers tried dropping back but no joy any suggestions much appreciated p.s keep up the great work mate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I now play with my defenders very deep, between 1 and 4 on the scale, whatever their pace. I have found this works for me against any type of striker. I have never found you need particularly fast defenders on this tactic, and that sturdy strong centre backs were more important. In my Portsmouth game (in which i finally won league and champions league) the centre back pairing is Jack Hobbs and Steven Taylor, neither of whom are lightning quick by any means.

Perhaps it would help if you told us what type of goals were being scored against you. If there are alot of through balls to fast strikers then dropping deeper (and maybe in real life anyway getting a keeper with better rushing out). If the fast strikers are going past you then the centre backs generally need better tackling and anticipation.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cockers:

using v4 with villa currently 2nd using carew as target with agbonlahor as free role striker awesome average a goal a game each and rating of 7.5 only loss too arsenal many thanks only problem is my dc(knight and mellberg) get stung by quick strikers tried dropping back but no joy any suggestions much appreciated p.s keep up the great work mate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I now play with my defenders very deep, between 1 and 4 on the scale, whatever their pace. I have found this works for me against any type of striker. I have never found you need particularly fast defenders on this tactic, and that sturdy strong centre backs were more important. In my Portsmouth game (in which i finally won league and champions league) the centre back pairing is Jack Hobbs and Steven Taylor, neither of whom are lightning quick by any means.

Perhaps it would help if you told us what type of goals were being scored against you. If there are alot of through balls to fast strikers then dropping deeper (and maybe in real life anyway getting a keeper with better rushing out). If the fast strikers are going past you then the centre backs generally need better tackling and anticipation.

there is no mid-season re-ranking, there is full adapt to tactic! when i change it to 4-1-3-2, as Fuss says, im winning but when in my profile tactic changes to 4-1-3-2 i begin to lose all!!! matches, now im changing me tactic every matche cause they adapt very soon ! thats game is real stupiD!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dimastiy:

there is no mid-season re-ranking, there is full adapt to tactic! when i change it to 4-1-3-2, as Fuss says, im winning but when in my profile tactic changes to 4-1-3-2 i begin to lose all!!! matches, now im changing me tactic every matche cause they adapt very soon ! thats game is real stupiD! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've played Minimal FuSS V4 (Tweaked) for every single game from the start of the game until 2012 without ever noticing a re-rank or tactical adjustment. I only change shape IN game when im leading or of course when I have a player sent off.

Are you making Tweaks to your tactics on the team talk screen? Because that can really through the AI when they have tried to counter your tactic exactly.

Originally posted by sparkysrovers:

If you actually read the thread through FuSS clearly states V4 will be last version of this tactic. I don't know if the situation has changed, but I doubt it as a few posts back FuSS stated that he is working on a new tactic with a new shape.

Hey all, not been about much lately, my appologies.

Currently preparing for my Degree Exams...those of you that don't know I've been taking a degree in Psychology (as one very famous football manager once did icon_wink.gif cookie for the first to name him).

-------------

As for V5 rumors...

At present I've created and tested and am very happy with a new tactic, its a 4-1-3-2, based heavily on MiNiMaL_FuSS V4. However it instead uses a comberation of Direct Passing and Higher Tempo footbball (unlike my previous tactics), and as such I will not be asscoiating it with these tactics.

----------------------

So V4 was the final Version.

BUT

I may relase this new tactic under a brand new name and see how it fairs (after my exams in June of course).

SO

I'll be looking for a couple of testers in early June....I'll probably ask those that have released there own tactics on the forums...as that shows they have a good knowledge of the game.

PS

Lambs if your still abaout it'd be good to have u onboard again mate.

FuSS.

Archived